PDA

View Full Version : page download speed

Uzumaki Kakashi
Fri, 12-26-2003, 08:01 AM
Im not amazing at computers so i have a question. i have a cable modem but when i go to a site, for example www.narutochuushin.com/main.php when i try to browse the manga on the internet browser it takes forever (or atleast a long time compared to other things, im not pateint)

is there anythjing i can change settings wise to be quicker on uploading the image?

please and thank u.

hiroshi
Fri, 12-26-2003, 08:49 AM
Don't you mean download the image? o_o?

Anyway, this is probably an pretty obvious and stupid question to ask. But i'm gonna ask anyway. o_O;

Do you have a P2P app open? Like a Torrent application, or something else that downloads/uploads multimedia like that?

Uzumaki Kakashi
Fri, 12-26-2003, 09:02 AM
yes

hiroshi
Fri, 12-26-2003, 09:44 AM
Well, the only way you're going to speed the download of those pictures up, is to close your P2P application, or just suffer with the speed.

It's a result of using your bandwidth to the max. Even though in your P2P app, you may seem to be getting crappy speeds, but you're using a lot of bandwidth up on that just to ping and constantly find new sources in which to download from to speed up those downloads. It's only when you've started downloading from a certain amount of ppl successfully, that it stops searching, and by then you're still using your bandwidth to the max because you will have a decent download speed.

So the only way to get a decent surf speed, is to close the P2P app. That's why i've finally realised how decent the FTP system is. When i upload to ppl, it dosn't effect my bandwidth, and because the source is definite, i'm not wasting any bandwidth on searching for more sources. Also my download rate is going way faster than it would on a P2P app, because the guy i'm downloading off of, is doing the same as me, and his top upload speed is the equivalent to only a quarter of my download speed, thus leaving me tons of bandwidth to surf with and Still download episodes faster than any P2P app has allowed me to.

mehehe... i love FTP all of a sudden http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif

Uzumaki Kakashi
Fri, 12-26-2003, 09:54 AM
i mean how do increase page uploading speeds online, i like to read the manga online but takes foreveer to upload the entire image and have to wait a little too long

hiroshi
Fri, 12-26-2003, 10:09 AM
To upload is to have the image or file on your computer already, and send it to another location other than your own computer.

To download is to take a given image or file from a different location, into your computer for viewing or using.

However, what i said earlier about your P2P app affects both your uploading and your downloading speeds. Dosn't matter what it is, if you have a P2P app, it will slow down the internet for you. Images are also naturally bigger than normal webpages, so again it will take naturally longer than an average webpage which just has text on, or say a webpage you visit regulary which has all the images pre-cached into your temporary internet file for faster loading.

Uzumaki Kakashi
Fri, 12-26-2003, 10:16 AM
ok thanks i turn off steam and it works bit faster