PDA

View Full Version : whos kimimaro???

fuzzyeyebrows
Wed, 12-24-2003, 04:03 AM
umm yeah...... i read 198 and that guys mentioned kimimaro, and i remmembered kimimaro's name mentioned before by someone else...... so plz tell me all you know about this guy =X

Death BOO Z
Wed, 12-24-2003, 04:06 AM
from what we can tell, it's not a person, it's the name of the 'kill the rest' battle royal thing Oro does to choose his henchman...

Winged Dancer
Wed, 12-24-2003, 04:46 AM
Agree with the above. Kimimaro is not a person, defintely... most likely a battle to death between a lot of guys, the last one standing receives Orochimaru's favor, becomes one of his personal henchmen...

Now, whether they receive the seal (and the 2nd level upgrade) before of after the battle would be my question...

Uzumaki Kakashi
Wed, 12-24-2003, 05:31 AM
i think kimamro is a battle royal, but then i think the winner is then put some time cursed seal or some type of mark on the winner.

at first when i heard of kimamro i was thinking of kidamarou (the spider guy sp?)

hopefully we get to find out what kimmamrou means soon

fear_my_jutsu
Wed, 12-24-2003, 07:26 AM
i can`t wait till chapter 199 so we can find out. but yea i think its a battle royal and the last one alive wins.

Immortal Boner
Wed, 12-24-2003, 07:38 AM
It can't just be a battle royale. I've re-read chapter 178 and the statement made with Sasuke dangling after being trashed was, "Kimimaro had much more potential than this one."

It wouldn't make much sense if it was just a name for a battle. Perhaps that's the name given to the winner or something to that extent. But, looking at that line again, it implies that that they have seen what Kimimaro's work before (implying that to be the same person.)

Nine Tailed Demon
Wed, 12-24-2003, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I was about to say that. I think Kimmaro is the name of the guy that Kabuto said had more potential than Sasuke...

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 12-24-2003, 12:16 PM
BAH

It's not the Battle Royale...it's the guy whose body Orochimaru would possess, if he wasn't so interested in the Sharingan. The 4 Sound Nin's said he was stronger than Sasuke, and Kidoumaru said that he hadn't been beaten up so badly since he fought against Kimimaro.

He is a bad ass, who Naruto is probably going to fight at the climax of this arc.

Insomniac
Thu, 12-25-2003, 04:37 AM
i think i remember him being refered to when Orochimaru fights the 3rd... i think hes the body that Orochimaru occupies at the moment?

Raven
Thu, 12-25-2003, 05:25 AM
I really think it's just the name of the tournament. In 178 when Sasuke was dangling they said "even Kimimaro had more potential than this" I think they were meaning that the participants and the winner of the tournament and the skill that the tournament contained had more potential than Sasuke, not a specific person.

And spiderman said that he hasn't been this close to defeat since kimimaro, probably meaning that he won the tournament, but came very close to losing.

Insomniac
Thu, 12-25-2003, 08:03 AM
whats the name of Orochimarus current possessed body?
i remember it started with a K
it was mentioned when he was fighting the 3rd

Uzumaki Kakashi
Thu, 12-25-2003, 09:31 AM
someone should put up scans of the pages when kimaro is stated, i am too lazy to go get it and i think others would like to see it as well

thanks

sangai
Thu, 12-25-2003, 01:08 PM
well kimimaro is not a battle royale there is refrence to him in i think volume 20 chapter 178 pg 18 there is refrence to him the four sound nin speak about him as a person rather then a thing they state that even kimimaro had more potential then him

Immortal Boner
Thu, 12-25-2003, 01:36 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sangai sakusei @ Dec 25 2003, 01:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well kimimaro is not a battle royale there is refrence to him in i think volume 20 chapter 178 pg 18 there is refrence to him the four sound nin speak about him as a person rather then a thing they state that even kimimaro had more potential then him </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yeah that was the chapter I was refering to, not 182 (screwed it up). Thanks for posting that.

SirCharlesIII
Thu, 12-25-2003, 01:43 PM
eh, whatever i just hope we dont have to watch the battle royal, i dont want this mission drasgged out longer than it has to be

Immortal Boner
Fri, 12-26-2003, 12:05 PM
Don&#39;t have the scans, but you can download 199 raw and see him for yourself http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

JusDaMan
Sat, 12-27-2003, 02:25 AM
Kimimaro from wat i think has 2 meanings...

1st. Battle royal where the everyone fights each other until the last person is standing/alive.

2. a human or monster since in chapter 178 the &quot;do re me&quot; girl said &quot;kimimaro has more potential tha this one&quot;.

Insomniac
Sat, 12-27-2003, 08:58 AM
we just found out in chap 199

also thats not a girl, its a guy

Beautiful Green Beast
Mon, 12-29-2003, 05:03 AM
geez,Haku is a boy though he has a female voice and a female body,so does Orochimaru when they met him in the forest of death. And so on...

Assertn
Tue, 12-30-2003, 01:15 PM
i wonder what the point of having a the gaia seal on kimimaro instead of the heaven seal that sasuke and anko had

Phyre
Thu, 01-01-2004, 12:57 PM
it makes a better plot