PDA

View Full Version : Ditch the reviews

JessiA
Wed, 12-24-2003, 03:12 AM
i'm not ciber, but I can tell you that Gotwoot is due for a layout change... MAYBE the reviews will disappear, mebbe not.. and suede is busy with RL stuff, so its kinda hard to hurt him

littlecooldude
Wed, 12-24-2003, 03:22 AM
Being as that me and Wilik (and Ciber if we ever hear from him) are the ones actually doing the remodelling, I can let you know, that there will most likely be reviews, just hopefully ones with a little less opinion, and a little more fact. So that you can make up your own mind if you like the anime. We have had lots of offers for help with reviews, and we hope to use them, so we can get a range of reviews.
Any questions or comments, you can direct to me.

Serpico
Wed, 12-24-2003, 03:34 AM
I just read those reviews and ya, they suck. Extremly biased and would not be really helpfull at all to most ppl.

Minako-chan
Wed, 12-24-2003, 01:58 PM
Those stupid reviews by SideLabel are completely biased to a certain shithead... Ciber, when u are updating the look, (1) Hurt Suede for making the reviews from Sidelabel on IRC (who I killed a few times over that narutaru review) (2) Delete and never have another person make any more reviews for GW...

Minako-chan
Mon, 12-29-2003, 08:05 AM
case in point...

SideLabel is a f$king moron, if reviews are to be posted, they need to be much more factual, telling about the actual anime, not some lonely moron's opinion that makes u want to shy away from the series, even if it is really good...

joker-kun
Mon, 12-29-2003, 09:57 AM
I can make non-biased reviews..... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

correct me if im wrong but arnt you supposed to have a very small proportion of opinion on an review, thats why i always look at others sites/people's ratings for the goodness/badness of an anime, before i say its good or bad....

JessiA
Mon, 12-29-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm pretty sure that when the site is updated, the reviews will be a LOT better than before. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Minako-chan
Mon, 12-29-2003, 11:44 AM
/me is happy, u can now lock this http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif

Midou Ban
Tue, 12-30-2003, 04:05 AM
But a rewiew is suppose contain a persons opinion. What you want is a summary about the anime.

Jman
Tue, 12-30-2003, 07:06 AM
i guess it is supposed to contain someone's opinion but i think that the opinion isn't supposed to outweigh or overlook certain facts ie Sidelabel's review of Narutaru only showed us that he/she likes to use the word shit.
Makes me wonder what that person loves to play with in their spare time.

-bah i guess we just gotta dl the anime our selves to see whether it's worth watching or not.

Mayunosuke
Thu, 01-29-2004, 12:12 PM
actually I found the narutaru review entertaining http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif I say we give biased opinions because there a lot of other anime review sites dedicated to reviewing anime already, animenfo, animelibrary, etc.
And really, im sure the first site people think of when someone's looking for a review of a certain anime, isn't gotwoot.

Briareos
Tue, 02-03-2004, 10:48 AM
But this is the home page for the official BitTorrent distribution of the fansubbing of Narutaru. Why make a series available to an English speaking audience and at the same time diss it? Does that make any sense? I would hope that the page's author has at least enough common sense to have respect for those on the team who are subbing (or have subbed) the series. Apparently not.

A review can not help but contain a certain amount of personal bias, but a good review will maintain objectivity. Sidelabel's review does not do this, in fact there is not a moment of objectivity, and the review makes him sound like an inexperienced anime viewer. In his own words, Sidelabel's review of Narutaru is shit.

P.S. I'll bet if we replace the title Narutaru in the review with Naruto, that this whole forum would be up in arms.

DDBen
Thu, 02-05-2004, 06:46 AM
I would kind of like to see the reviews section linked to a subsection of the Forums where Gotwoot users could post many differn't reviews of a anime. However in such a section I would prefer people don't reply to other reviews and instead possibly submit there review on a anime kind of link how www.amazon.com handles there item reviews.