PDA

View Full Version : A little confused about Hokages

Xollence
Mon, 12-22-2003, 09:13 AM
There can only be one Hokage at a time right? Because there's only one that is stronger than the others. Then why is there a 4th Hokage when the 3rd is still around. Kind of confused about that.

Sigure
Mon, 12-22-2003, 09:16 AM
I think the Hokage retired after the 4th became a 4th, after the death of the 4th, the 3rd became a hokage again. I dunno really.

Guizmo0
Mon, 12-22-2003, 09:16 AM
in the first episode you saw the 4th hokage of the leaf sealing the nine tails. When he did that seal he had to pay with his life. And since he was still young the third still lived and so he had to take the place as hokage again. So in other words
we had the gramps we first knew then came the next hokage he died and so the old geezer had to take over again.

Legendary Nin
Mon, 12-22-2003, 09:17 AM
The 3rd thought it was time to pass down the hokage title.so he passed it down to the one known as the fourth.He sacrificed his life to seal Kyuubi,so someone else had to take over.The thrid came out of retirement and reclaimed the hokage title.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-22-2003, 09:20 AM
I thought the 4th became Hokage because he was actually stronger than the 3rd, not because 3rd wanted to put his feet up and retire?

Hyuga Koji
Mon, 12-22-2003, 09:33 AM
The Hokage is the most suitable ninja in the village who is chosen for the job by the previous hokage the 3rd was getting on in years and was looking for a successor he saw a very promising candidate with a great disposition in Jiraiya's pupil and choose him to be the next hokage.

When the 4th died there was no other ninja qualified for the job as Jiraiya (the only suitable ninja) was gone so the 3rd had to step up and become Hokage again.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-22-2003, 09:37 AM
So what your saying at the time the 4th was chosen by the 3rd he was stronger than Jiraiya????

I don't think that's the case. I think the 4th became Hokage because he was the strongest in the village.... the 3rd even has a conversation with Anko where they discuss the fact that Anko wishes the 4th was back.

Hyuga Koji
Mon, 12-22-2003, 09:46 AM
No the 3rd was probably not as strong as Jiraiya but he probably was already gone by that time plus he probably didn't want the job.

It's not the strongest ninja but the most suitable one just like for the chunnin promotion (you'll see what i mean a little later) the 4th was the best ninja for the job when the 3rd was looking for a replacement.

The 4th was an absolutely incredible ninja but arguably not the most powerful although much more powerful than the 3rd is now.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-22-2003, 09:52 AM
So who was the most powerful Hokage ever then?

fear_my_jutsu
Mon, 12-22-2003, 10:19 AM
the 3rd is the one who chose the 4th but since the 4th gave his life up the 3rd had to come back, y he didn`t choose a 5th hokage then is a mystery to me, he proabobly though that there wasn`t anyone good enough for the title besides him anymore. hes strong fer a geezer.

i think the most powerful hokage ever would either be the 1st because he started the village er the 4th

Assassin
Mon, 12-22-2003, 10:31 AM
where exactly is all this comming from? i mean we haven't heard anyhting about the 4th except that he died sealing the kyubi......

i dont recall hearing (in the anime atleast) how strong jiraya is compared to the 3rd, or how string the 4th was.

Xollence
Mon, 12-22-2003, 10:34 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Assassin @ Dec 22 2003, 09:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> where exactly is all this comming from? i mean we haven&#39;t heard anyhting about the 4th except that he died sealing the kyubi......

i dont recall hearing (in the anime atleast) how strong jiraya is compared to the 3rd, or how string the 4th was. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
There&#39;s many moments such as when the Hokage visits Iruka&#39;s class when they&#39;re facing the mountain with the different Hokages.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 12-23-2003, 04:31 AM
Yeah..... the guy managed to get all his Genin team to be Senins http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Augury
Tue, 12-23-2003, 01:38 PM
Hm, I remember that description that Iruka gave the 3rd Hokage. He said the 3rd was known as &quot;The Professor.&quot; I&#39;d guess this means that the 3rd is an excellent teacher and good at making his students powerful but not necessarily the best in skill.