PDA

View Full Version : Forum Problems...

hiroshi
Sun, 12-21-2003, 02:43 AM
Recently the forum keeps kicking me off my account, with the error message:
"You are not allowed to use the messenger system in this forum."

Or something similiar to that anyway. I don't suppose you know why do you? If not, and it's something i need to direct at the invision team, fair enough. I shall have to ask them, but i'm just wondering if you've come across this problem before and know how to solve it? ^^'

hiroshi
Sun, 12-28-2003, 04:26 AM
You know it would be really nice if someone actually helped me out on occasion when i have a problem. I've been waiting since the 21st, and yet this has only has 2 views, which are both probably mine http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif

I still get kicked off my account a ton in this forum, and i would really appreciate some help http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

umdiddly
Mon, 12-29-2003, 09:35 AM
in case youre wondering, its 4 views so far.. and two were mine ... and ive never had that problem.. in fact, ive been logged on the forums and browsing about for a good 4 hours now (i am soo bored) ... have you checked your browser security settings?

i know binary!!
1 10 11 100 101 110 111 1000 1001 1010 1011 1100 1101 1110 1111 10000
ask me to count by 2's backwards from a thousand in binary, and ill punch you. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif
btw, i dont get your sig... why does the other ppl want to take a piss? small bladder?

JessiA
Mon, 12-29-2003, 10:35 AM
Sorry, I don't check the support forums very often (I'm not that good at giving help).

Anyways, what browser are you using, maybe that has something to do with it?

Rock Lee
Mon, 12-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Its not that we don't want to help its that we can't. More often then not the problem is something on your computer. Quite honestly i've yet to recieve a single complaint about it. I high suggest updating windows to its fullest and emptying temp inet files and other basic maintenance before you come asking questions of the admins here. Btw the people you want to speak with are Willik or Littlecooldude. Neither of them are on the forum to oft. If your not using IE use IE i've used gotwoot with a couple of diffrent browsers and had no problems what so ever. Furthermore if the vast majority of the forum has no problems and you do its usually a good indicator that the problem is on your end not the servers. Willik has an email. I don't know it off hand but i'll get it for you next time i see him.

hiroshi
Wed, 12-31-2003, 12:43 PM
I use IE. Sorry for the hassle =/

I've figured that it mainly does it if i put more than one reply in lots of topics at the same time. I often have the habit of reading like 3 or 4 threads at a time and responding to them all really quickly, i just realised (god i'm so slow ._.;; ) that it's probably due to the flood control. Guess it dosn't like more than one response at a time. =P

Sorry again.

oh and as for the sig. Well i needed a 4th guy otherwise the 100 wouldn't make much sense. Good to know that you know binary. I don't know the Ascii use of Binary due to the fact i don't know the value equivalence of each key, but my main use of it is mathmatical and networking.

EG:
128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 = 255 Dec.

There is only ever 8 binary bits per point. For instance you get a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
in binary that is the equivalent to: 11111111.11111111.11111111.00000000
Such a configuration in a subnet mask is a C class network and would only allow 1 network, and 256 users on that network.
NNNNNNNN.NNNNNNNN.NNNNNNNN.HHHHHHHH

Most ISP's use a Class B Network. There are very few class A networks in the world, perhaps as small as 3 or 4?

Anyway, sorry if it dosn't make much sense. Can't be bothered to explain, besides you probably understand it anyway if you understand binary =P
It's not just the knowledge that is important, but how you apply that knowledge which is the key.