PDA

View Full Version : HIDDEN villages?

Baka-chan
Sun, 12-21-2003, 02:09 AM
when they have the exams, didn't people need some type of ID card to be able to come in? i thought they mentioned that the gates to the village were closed most of the time. i don't really remember, i'm tired. you have a good point though. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

XwingRob
Sun, 12-21-2003, 02:20 AM
I beleive they are called hidden villages because they are not under the direct control of the country's Lord. In orders words the Lord of Fire Country could tell Konoha to do something but then the Hokage can say "STFU!" to him. Or something like that.

Neo32
Sun, 12-21-2003, 02:23 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XwingRob @ Dec 21 2003, 01:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I beleive they are called hidden villages because they are not under the direct control of the country&#39;s Lord. In orders words the Lord of Fire Country could tell Konoha to do something but then the Hokage can say &quot;STFU&#33;&quot; to him. Or something like that. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
lol doesn&#39;t quite fall under the definition for hidden does it? oh well... crap. lolx... anyone care to quite dictionary.com again? but you do make a point Xwing.. the villages seem pretty much to do things without a direct lord... almost independantly u might say...

XwingRob
Sun, 12-21-2003, 03:03 AM
Yeah I know it makes no sense, however each Hidden Village shares the same thing and that is not being under the direct control of their countries&#39; Lords.
Maybe if we turned to Japanese history we might find the answer? Since, Naruto does take some elements from Japanese folklore.

Neo32
Sun, 12-21-2003, 01:05 PM
Its kinda a small thing but you realise that the HIDDEN village of Konoha has tourists, a hot spring, and all this kinda shit? and that other ninja all seem to know where the thing is... so why call it Hidden? people seem to waltz in and out at their own pace... wierd isn&#39;t it? why not just call it Ninja Village and leave it at that?