PDA

View Full Version : Don't understand this..

DB_Hunter
Sun, 12-21-2003, 05:50 AM
What exactly is the fight over? I'm having a hard time trying to think of what would cause a fight since both groups working togather can seriously help spread the workload as I understand it. Try posting in the Subbing section of the forum.

itachi_
Sun, 12-21-2003, 07:09 AM
"I'm not entirely sure how much of you are regulars on IRC, but there's a fair amount of drama going down in relation to the newly-released episode 63. To make explanation simple, I'll just say that AonE has more or less given ANBU the finger as far as releasing episode 63 goes, and went solo. Starduck (leader of ANBU distro) didn't exactly take this the best possible way, and has decided to postpone (perhaps indefinately) ANBU's release of Naruto episode 63.

I find this to be a fairly unfortunate turn of events, especially considering that ANBU does the majority of the work involved in subbing Naruto, to an extent I'm personally appalled AonE has the gall to make such a move in the first place. The future is a bit shady currently, but I'll try to keep you updated if I hear any groundbreaking news. The episode 64 release next week will be the tell-all, I'm sure." - quoted from www.narutochuushin.com

So this episode 63 is aones episode not anbu's? they haven't been fansubbing it this time, that explains the late release to, am i right on this one?

chronic
Sun, 12-21-2003, 07:13 AM
dude there are other groups like darkanime, bakasan who have already released 63... wait, have u seen it or not???

Neo32
Sun, 12-21-2003, 07:45 AM
hey tachi keep us updated on this k? seems that we won't be seeing [ANBU-AOne] tags soon... sigh... yeah 63 is out on many subbres now but i guess most of us here prefer the ANBU-AOne version... =D

itachi_
Sun, 12-21-2003, 07:50 AM
You two dosen't seem to understand the question, i meant that anbu wasen't releasing this one as much as aone did.. aone did more work on this on.. than anbu?

Neo32
Sun, 12-21-2003, 09:52 AM
hey ok i juz went to check out eps 61 62 and 63's intros? and noticed that there are a couple of new names in the list of the workers... even though the intro screen still showed ANBU & AOne... so i guess maybe this time AOne went ahead and did a little work that ANBU normally does and released the entire ep ealier without informing the ANBU head distro and passing them the completed ep as well... guess thats whats happened as far as i can tell... i'm a n00b though so u wanna follow up and go check on their channels to c what is going on.

Zontos
Sun, 12-21-2003, 10:30 AM
Is that such a bad thing? Aone is one of the best subbing groups there is. Even if they drop ANBU and go Solo I'd stick with them. Plus I know some people from Aone ;P

itachi_
Sun, 12-21-2003, 11:08 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Zontos @ Dec 21 2003, 09:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Is that such a bad thing? Aone is one of the best subbing groups there is. Even if they drop ANBU and go Solo I&#39;d stick with them. Plus I know some people from Aone ;P </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Who said that they are going to toss this naruto project, naruto 64 is going to be exellent.. when anbu have &quot;more to say&quot;..

DB_Hunter
Sun, 12-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Most of my naruto collection is TW subs and I was thinking of switching post ep 50 to Anbu-Aone.... seems if things fall apart we are gonna have to make do with bakasan/darkanime subs and for the quality eps wait until TW catches up.

Legendary Nin
Sun, 12-21-2003, 11:37 AM
I know someone from both Anbu and Aone will see this,there floating around here.Get your fucking shit toghether and stop the nonsense.Bakasan might not be releasing the highest quality,but his ass isn&#39;t broken down and falling apart like the pyscho with more than 12 split personalities.I sort of wondered why 63 was on scarywater and not here.I gurantee if this happens next week,Bakasan will own both groups,seriously.Anyways,I&#39;ll still be waiting around for when/if things get back toghether,as I&#39;ll still download the Anbu-Aone episode as long as they get things straightend out.

Nine Tailed Demon
Sun, 12-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Oh, the internet people are having a fight, over wha?

Neo32
Sun, 12-21-2003, 01:24 PM
over the release of ep 63 unilaterally by Aone... sad isn&#39;t it? impatience and politics form a volatile mix.

UltimateDBZ
Tue, 12-23-2003, 12:22 PM
@itachi_: Perhaps if you were more straightforward with your question, and tell me just what it is you didn&#39;t understand from my post on Chuushin, I can explain it better for you.

To answer what questions I&#39;ve picked up so far, ANBU actually did much more than AonE for n63, everything except timing and typesetting. Then AonE decided they were going to release without ANBU for some crazy reason, and did. Star wasn&#39;t very happy about that, and told me (I&#39;m Gogeta619 on IRC, by the way) not to distribute the ep in ANBU.

There&#39;s no reason to think that ANBU/AonE would break apart on the Naruto project. But like I said, the upcoming episode 64 will be the tell-all.

itachi_
Tue, 12-23-2003, 12:42 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UltimateDBZ @ Dec 23 2003, 11:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> @itachi_: Perhaps if you were more straightforward with your question, and tell me just what it is you didn&#39;t understand from my post on Chuushin, I can explain it better for you.

To answer what questions I&#39;ve picked up so far, ANBU actually did much more than AonE for n63, everything except timing and typesetting. Then AonE decided they were going to release without ANBU for some crazy reason, and did. Star wasn&#39;t very happy about that, and told me (I&#39;m Gogeta619 on IRC, by the way) not to distribute the ep in ANBU.

There&#39;s no reason to think that ANBU/AonE would break apart on the Naruto project. But like I said, the upcoming episode 64 will be the tell-all. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
What do you mean with &quot;Tell-All&quot;..?

Rock Lee
Tue, 12-23-2003, 01:31 PM
Well for one the episodes out with both of their names and for two i haven&#39;t been told a word of this. I think they would let us know seeing as how GW i believe is closely tied to Aone.... i think the distro would sorta stop being if that were the case who knows though.

JessiA
Wed, 12-24-2003, 03:02 AM
Basically, we&#39;ll find out what REALLY happened between the two groups with Episode 64..

And from what I&#39;ve seen and know about so far, the only reason why the ANBU-AonE release was late on gotwoot was because of the torrent problem. The version I got to distro had the ANBU-AonE tag on it as well..

Does ANYONE have any Naruto files that are just ANBU or just AonE? Because I know they weren&#39;t released to the torrents with just ANBU or AonE

itachi_
Wed, 12-24-2003, 11:39 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UltimateDBZ @ Dec 24 2003, 12:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ &#064; Dec 23 2003, 11:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> What do you mean with &quot;Tell-All&quot;..? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Based on what happens when it comes time for that episode&#39;s release, it will &quot;tell-all&quot; as far as the future of the ANBU/AonE Naruto project is concerned. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
So basically the next episode will be the best one so far?? to be honest i don&#39;t understand what tell-all is just if you transelate it word by word.. So they are going to cooperate more in 64? ANBU/AonE?

Death BOO Z
Wed, 12-24-2003, 12:47 PM
welll, here&#39;s something, if ANBU_Aone cooperation will break (NO&#33; NO&#33; NO&#33; BAD IDEA&#33;) and split into two teams, what will be the diffrences? will we see one group using &#39;loser&#39; and not &#39;drop out&#39;?

BTW: Tell-all means something like show-down, the final stage before the conclusion, or something like that...

UltimateDBZ
Wed, 12-24-2003, 01:13 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Dec 23 2003, 11:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> What do you mean with &quot;Tell-All&quot;..? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Based on what happens when it comes time for that episode&#39;s release, it will &quot;tell-all&quot; as far as the future of the ANBU/AonE Naruto project is concerned.

UltimateDBZ
Fri, 12-26-2003, 04:17 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JessiA @ Dec 24 2003, 02:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Basically, we&#39;ll find out what REALLY happened between the two groups with Episode 64.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yes, that&#39;s what I meant. I thought it was more blatantly obvious than it was. Maybe I should use simpler english in future news posts http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Anyway, as expected, there have been no longterm issues as far as ANBU and AonE cooperation go. Apparently a small majority of those who read my post took it entirely out of context and decided ANBU/AonE either already had, or were going to, split.

I&#39;m hoping any lingering concerns were cleared up in my most recent news post.