PDA

View Full Version : Tag them all!!!

Sat, 12-20-2003, 02:07 AM
u r teh sad.
We all know what spoilers are, now go sleep or some, u seem to need it.

Krbadass
Sat, 12-20-2003, 03:05 AM
NoNoNo, i agree, I don't like it either when manga readers comei n here and say something, or hint at something thats actually right, and i can spot it cause i know a lot ahead only because ive been spoiled 1000 times as a mod. And honestly, if i see a manga reader come in here (ill check for posts in manga forum) that says something that is correct (meaning it came out of manga) ill be issuing warnings. Thanks!

Kn1ves
Sat, 12-20-2003, 03:12 AM
Everyone who has read the manga, or has been reading the manga should have either a special avatar or a warning in their sig! I really dont want to read manga readers opinions (no offense) unless its a technical detail which is explained in the manga. Sometimes theres too much hintage... Well those are my 2¢ http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Kagari
Sat, 12-20-2003, 03:26 AM
I couldn't agree more....I think there's a manga forum for a reason....even though it may be fun to read our speculations on the story, you need not post your informed opinions and ruin it for us...no offence, again. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Legendary Nin
Sat, 12-20-2003, 03:43 AM
You guys are riduculous.When you hear a word from a manga reader he must be spoiling right.The only time we spoil is when we put something in the spoiler code,even then there is a 50% chance were lying then.Aside from that,we come in here and say nothing,pretend to know nothing,and state ideas that couldn't be farther from the truth.It is rare when we say something truthful about the story in here that would risk spoiling,which would be breaking a rule.

Kagari
Sat, 12-20-2003, 03:52 AM
Man, enough times shit has been spoiled because of uncourteous posters...and even when they put it in the spoiler font, Why bother? Don't even post! this forum is for discussion and speculation for anime viewers....talk about what we know, and just don't post in the speculation threads.

Assassin
Sat, 12-20-2003, 04:19 AM
although i agree some posters spoil things by hinting or just being stupid, its unfair to keep manga readers from posting here. u can't just say "ur not allowed to post here". the tag idea is not bad, it wouldn't discriminate, and it would inform other readers to be weary (sp)......that way no one could say the werent warned........although it might be hard to implement.

i have seen cases where manga readers post what actually happens and pass it off as thier speculation, and while it does work, there is always some idiot (and mods are included in this) who'll go "omg thats a spoiler man, thanx alot for ruining it".

everyone has a rite to give thier opinion (even if thier opinion is actual fact) and as long as no one tries to be smart and point out a possible spoiler, everyhting will be fine.

what we need is not ways of keeping ppl from posting, but ways of keeping *stupid* ppl from posting

Edit:

Kn1ves, i take it something was recently spoiled for u, which caused u to make this thread, correct? or is this just something thats been bothering u for a while?

Baka-chan
Sat, 12-20-2003, 04:22 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (?igma @ Dec 20 2003, 01:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> u r teh sad.
We all know what spoilers are, now go sleep or some, u seem to need it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
you realize that made no sense, right? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Sat, 12-20-2003, 04:28 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Baka-chan @ Dec 20 2003, 03:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (?igma &#064; Dec 20 2003, 01:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> u r teh sad.
We all know what spoilers are, now go sleep or some, u seem to need it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
you realize that made no sense, right? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I seriously? have to explain to you that we ALL dislike SPOILERS&lt;-- (the name I guess)
, ALL want spoilers dead, ALL see spoilers come and go ..and now this post has to do what ??, start war against the spoilers ??

Moses The White
Sat, 12-20-2003, 04:52 AM
CHRIST ON A CRACKER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

It&#39;s not like the people who are WRITING the spoilers hate them, or MAYBE they WOULDN&#39;T WRITE them&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; We&#39;re not trying to start a war either. It&#39;s just that it really takes the fun out of it when someone goes of and runs their mouth about this stuff. If people were more dilligent with the color scheme or whatnot it might be okay, and there are forums where spoilers don&#39;t exist, but in the NARUTO ANIME threads people shouldn&#39;t be talking about the manga.

Kagari
Sat, 12-20-2003, 04:54 AM
Manga readers can contribute to discussions, we&#39;re not saying you shouldn&#39;t post in the anime forum. Just don&#39;t post in the &quot;what if&quot; or &quot;what do you think will happen&quot; threads.

Show some restraint&#33; if you already know what happens, you have nothing to contribute except biased &quot;speculation.&quot; So stick to the other threads, or the manga forum, and bite ur tounges&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Moses The White
Sat, 12-20-2003, 04:58 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kagari @ Dec 20 2003, 03:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Manga readers can contribute to discussions, we&#39;re not saying you shouldn&#39;t post in the anime forum. Just don&#39;t post in the &quot;what if&quot; or &quot;what do you think will happen&quot; threads.

Show some restraint&#33; if you already know what happens, you have nothing to contribute except biased &quot;speculation.&quot; So stick to the other threads, or the manga forum, and bite ur tounges&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
EXACTLY what I&#39;m trying to say.

Legendary Nin
Sat, 12-20-2003, 06:29 AM
This rule should be added.If someone posts a spoiler,dont say so in the forum,but rather pm the warning.You don&#39;t know it&#39;s a spoiler until someone says,for all you know it could be good speculation,which I&#39;ve seen from anime only viewers.Some really hit the nail on the head,as long as someone doesn&#39;t say your correct,or point out a spoiler openly the problem should be almost non-existent.And if worst comes to worst,you could always read the manga,that&#39;s what I ended up doing 4 months ago.

Moses The White
Sat, 12-20-2003, 06:43 AM
That&#39;s a good point, but it doesn&#39;t change the fact that it&#39;s really obvious when people are speculating and when they actually know. Spoiling really isn&#39;t such a big deal to me, but I like having good conversations about what&#39;s going to happen and that&#39;s made impossible if someone knows and says it, even if we don&#39;t know that they know.

woofcat
Sat, 12-20-2003, 07:28 AM
Well its a nice idea but how in the world are you going to tell if someone reads the Magna. its impossible ok so unless the person wants people to not read there post because they might be leaking info. Also what if someone in a thread about &quot;what might happen if ***&quot; guesses right they will be marked as a magna reader and thus there post will be skimmed over becuase of point one.
&#39;

Moses The White
Sat, 12-20-2003, 08:07 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (woofcat @ Dec 20 2003, 06:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> how in the world are you going to tell if someone reads the Magna.

Also what if someone in a thread about &quot;what might happen if ***&quot; guesses right they will be marked as a magna reader </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
The moderators can tell who reads the manga by looking on the manga forums. Of course it&#39;s not an exact science, but it is sort of easy. If someone just says &quot;i think...&quot; and gives the exact right answer, then it&#39;s not that hard to tell. Besides, we aren&#39;t talking about someone getting booted or even anyone saying &quot;That&#39;s a spoiler&quot;, only that one of the moderators will go talk to the person or something like that.

SirCharlesIII
Sat, 12-20-2003, 08:17 AM
Yeah, just like many others, when i come into the naruto forum i go into a kind of &quot;not manga&quot; mode, where i try to pretend i jusdt watch the anime. it&#39;s pretty easy, and i just try too remember what i was thinking when i didnt know what was going to happen next when i read that chapter of the manga. If i got it right i then don&#39;t usually say it, i say what i think might sound reasonable, but i&#39;m basicly lying. i try not to use the spoiler tag cause if i do that means im spoiling, and stuff might slip out. some times its really hard to remember that a specific detail is a spoiler though, like if an alternative name for somthing or someone is mentioned, i have been known to almost call it or them the new name that anime viewers haven&#39;t heard yet. thats as far as my spoiling goes though. im usually pretty good about it. plus its funny to convince someone of an opinion you know isnt the correct one http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

yay, im a chuunin. lets go eat dinner, team. you, genin, hold my knife, you there, grab a fork, ect... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

edit: im not trying to attack you for getting mad at us, you have every reason to. just saying that i get as angry as the next guy when i see a spoiler. i sympathize, but there are so many of us that really try to not spoil that i dont think you really can disscriminate without it being totally unfair. the typical manga reader is very considerate, we dont try to spoil most of the time.

Moses The White
Sat, 12-20-2003, 08:23 AM
Yeah... I don&#39;t let on that I&#39;ve read most of the manga&#39;s either, except the ones that I have read won&#39;t be made into anime until at least episode 65... But that&#39;s the reason that spoiling pisses me off anyway, because it&#39;s so easy to not spoil even if you know that I can&#39;t see why someone else would do it accidentally.

Moses The White
Sat, 12-20-2003, 08:25 AM
BTW Sir Charles, is your avatar of Faye Valentine? It&#39;s hard to see.

villin
Sat, 12-20-2003, 08:33 AM
Well I&#39;ll be the first to tag my sig with the manga reader warning. I have been following the manga for the last 15 months and will continue to do so until its conclusion. Never the less the majority of my posts are in the Naruto anime section. The primary reason for this is simply that it is by far the most popular section on the gotwoot forum, thus carrying a conversation or debate is far more enjoyable. I agree that posting spoilers is pointless and rude(though I strongly disagree with what certain mods consider a spoiler when I know for a fact that it is not). The only time in which I will give information in the anime section that may or may not be considered a spoiler is when I&#39;m specifically asked or when someone is misinformed, and it is always in spoiler format. However I will not post something that is clearly a spoiler even in spoiler format.

Manga readers are getting a bad name because of a few assholes who claim to not read the manga and post their &#39;opinions&#39; in the anime section. I won&#39;t mention any names(I could probably give 15 to 20) but I have seen these same people discussing manga chapters in the manga section.

As I alluded to earlier, mods are not blameless in this situation either. If someone posts what may be considered a spoiler then simply delete that post and PM the person and let them know why there was a problem. For example, I was recently banned from the forum for 5 days. I know for a fact I did not post any spoilers nor did I flame someone. I still have no idea why I was banned. It is completely assanine for some mod who claims to have never read the manga to determine what is and is not a spoiler. Unless you know what will happen in the storyline there is no way to determine spoiler from opinion/theory, the only ones with this information are the manga readers.

Sorry for this rant but I needed to get this off my chest.

Moses The White
Sat, 12-20-2003, 08:41 AM
Yeah... I know how you feel. I haven&#39;t been in the forum long enough to piss anyone off yet though.

BTW, what exactly is &#39;flaming&#39;... I don&#39;t want to get in trouble for it just cause I&#39;m not clear on what it is.

Legendary Nin
Sat, 12-20-2003, 08:44 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Moses The White @ Dec 20 2003, 08:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yeah... I know how you feel. I haven&#39;t been in the forum long enough to piss anyone off yet though.

BTW, what exactly is &#39;flaming&#39;... I don&#39;t want to get in trouble for it just cause I&#39;m not clear on what it is. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Example..... Someone says &quot;Rock Lee is going to own Gaara in the prelims&quot; then someone else replies &quot;Are you a fucking idot,Rock Lee can&#39;t even perform a ninjutsu you dumbass&quot; that&#39;s a flame.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-20-2003, 08:47 AM
I think it means having a go at one another... like:

It&#39;s spelt AmakakAru Ryu No Hirameki you damn retarded fool.

Disclaimer: The Prior statement was meant for educational purposes only, people are free to interpret it as they wish though all interpretations will be denied and refuted on the basis that the only legal interpretation is my one http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

villin
Sat, 12-20-2003, 08:48 AM
&#39;Flaming&#39; - racial slurs, name calling, questioning someone&#39;s sexual orientation, etc. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Moses The White
Sat, 12-20-2003, 08:55 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter @ Dec 20 2003, 07:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It&#39;s spelt AmakakAru Ryu No Hirameki you damn retarded fool. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Is that true? If so, my bad.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-20-2003, 08:57 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Moses The White @ Dec 20 2003, 07:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter &#064; Dec 20 2003, 07:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It&#39;s spelt AmakakAru Ryu No Hirameki you damn retarded fool. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Is that true? If so, my bad. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Well that&#39;s just my way of spelling it, yours should be fine too.... I was just trying to illustrate the point on flaming http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/cool.gif

Krbadass
Sat, 12-20-2003, 08:58 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Dec 20 2003, 07:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> &#39;Flaming&#39; - racial slurs, name calling, questioning someone&#39;s sexual orientation, etc. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
No it doesn&#39;t, and by the way, if you got banned, it was for the right reason, mods do not ban unless they are 100% sure that its right, and they talk to the other mods about it first, so dont go off about the mods.

I don&#39;t read the manga, but ive been spoiled so much as a mod i know whats a spoiler and whats not, so if i see someone that i know reads the manga give their &quot;opinion&quot; on whats gonna happen, and its actually whats gonna happen, theres gonna be some shit hitting the fan.

You were banned because you deserved to be, though i don&#39;t remember who banned you.

Elessar
Sat, 12-20-2003, 08:59 AM
Who said a &quot;Manga Reader&quot; tag wouldn&#39;t be discriminating? how about you being the first to wear a yellow star with &quot;jew&quot; on it. Well, no, that&#39;s not discriminating, you said it yourself. Here is reality, please come back. Thanks.

I am a manga reader, yes, but it&#39;s not really difficult to keep track of what happened in the anime. And if you are unsure just do not post. Most manga readers i talked to on irc do - as i do too - report obvious spoilers to the mods. They keep your forum clean.

I can remember incidents when i watched three old Naruto animes just to be sure everything was mentioned in it and after that i was accused of spoiling because people in here do sometimes not even know what they could know without problem. But first - even before thinking - cry out loud &quot;SPOILER&#33;&quot;.

So, why do we not discuss things in our forum? Well, because we are not allowed to. It&#39;s quite impossible to start a meaningful topic with a meaningful title about something 50 anime episodes ahead without saying a word about it in the topic. &quot;Blah&quot; would say more. Look into them, most titles are just the chapter number or &quot;what do you think&quot; - no way you could know if what is in it is interesting. And we are not allowed to do so because anime only Naruto watchers can see the topic titles in the forum overview.
Still, we do not have a problem with that and take care as much as humanly possible and every time we post in here we get shit.
There are sometimes manga readers who exactly this pisses of to no end and then they spoil. But that is something imho you have to bear as we have to bare to take back with our discussions because of you.
Other than that, more than just once or twice you see topics like &quot;what is this but please no spoiler&quot;. Man, do you want to know it our not? If yes, go to the open section, if no don&#39;t start a topic. It&#39;s an invitation for pissed off manga readers.

There are others that are thinking about you all the time, now start thinking for yourself too. You don&#39;t even have to care for others.

Krbadass
Sat, 12-20-2003, 09:03 AM
Dude, even if someone doesn&#39;t say &quot;no spoilers please&quot; dont f&#39;n spoil. I don&#39;t care if they say please spoil me, if you post a spoil, i will ban you, period. And don&#39;t act like manga readers get treated unfairly in here because guess what, they dont. I keep track of who gets warnings or bans, and then look back at what they say for it.

Moses The White
Sat, 12-20-2003, 09:04 AM
I think Elessar&#39;s Avatar perfectly reflects his attitude, no flaming intended.

You shouldn&#39;t be so disgruntled by this. I&#39;ve read some of the mangas myself, as I&#39;m sure many people have, and what we&#39;re saying isn&#39;t aimed at you, but at the people who do spoil. When people make a thread that asks &quot;what happened, no spoilers&quot; it&#39;s because they want speculation and different opinions from people who know just as much as they do, not because they want some angry manga reader (if they even exist) to come and tell them exactly what happened. I&#39;m sure you can understand the distinction.

brightdark
Sat, 12-20-2003, 09:14 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin &#064; Dec 21 2003, 01:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>It is completely assanine for some mod who claims to have never read the manga to determine what is and is not a spoiler. Unless you know what will happen in the storyline there is no way to determine spoiler from opinion/theory, the only ones with this information are the manga readers.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
hmmm http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/unsure.gif sometimes some things are easy to predict or spot as a spoiler
like when someone says &#39;this person is going to die&#39; or &#39;this person will learn this and that&#39;
there are lots of no brainer situations
but you do have a point there. if a mod does not know everything from the manga
well...it is easy to imagine that certain misunderstandings can take place just because of that

Krbadass
Sat, 12-20-2003, 09:16 AM
Mods who aren&#39;t sure if its a spoiler, wont warn or ban but they will either look it up or ask another mod.

villin
Sat, 12-20-2003, 09:16 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass &#064; Dec 20 2003, 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Dude, even if someone doesn&#39;t say &quot;no spoilers please&quot; dont f&#39;n spoil. I don&#39;t care if they say please spoil me, if you post a spoil, i will ban you, period. And don&#39;t act like manga readers get treated unfairly in here because guess what, they dont. I keep track of who gets warnings or bans, and then look back at what they say for it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You have stated that you don&#39;t read the manga but can determine what is a spoiler because you have been spoiled yourself 1000 times. I don&#39;t mean to be rude and all but that is really stupid. The manga and the anime do not mirror each other all that much especially lately. There have been critical pieces of information left out of the anime that were better explained in the manga. Even if you do have a general idea of how the story will unfold, I guarantee you can&#39;t fairly judge someone&#39;s post for spoiler content unless you know the specifics.

Moses The White
Sat, 12-20-2003, 09:17 AM
^
|
|
Very nice description.

edit: oops, meant for this to go after the smiley flaming description. Wonder what happened?

Krbadass
Sat, 12-20-2003, 09:18 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Dec 20 2003, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass &#064; Dec 20 2003, 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Dude, even if someone doesn&#39;t say &quot;no spoilers please&quot; dont f&#39;n spoil. I don&#39;t care if they say please spoil me, if you post a spoil, i will ban you, period. And don&#39;t act like manga readers get treated unfairly in here because guess what, they dont. I keep track of who gets warnings or bans, and then look back at what they say for it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You have stated that you don&#39;t read the manga but can determine what is a spoiler because you have been spoiled yourself 1000 times. I don&#39;t mean to be rude and all but that is really stupid. The manga and the anime do not mirror each other all that much especially lately. There have been critical pieces of information left out of the anime that were better explained in the anime. Even if you do have a general idea of how the story will unfold, I guarantee you can&#39;t fairly judge someone&#39;s post for spoiler content unless you know the specifics. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Ok then ill just explain it better sense you have to come up with an excuse for the manga spoilers, People who read the manga, tell me what happends, and then when i see it in the anime, its not much differen&#39;t so don&#39;t tell me its not much of the same, very small differences. And like i said already, if i dont know for sure thats its a spoil or hinting a spoil, ill find out first before i take action.

villin
Sat, 12-20-2003, 09:28 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass @ Dec 20 2003, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin &#064; Dec 20 2003, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass &#064; Dec 20 2003, 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Dude, even if someone doesn&#39;t say &quot;no spoilers please&quot; dont f&#39;n spoil. I don&#39;t care if they say please spoil me, if you post a spoil, i will ban you, period. And don&#39;t act like manga readers get treated unfairly in here because guess what, they dont. I keep track of who gets warnings or bans, and then look back at what they say for it. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You have stated that you don&#39;t read the manga but can determine what is a spoiler because you have been spoiled yourself 1000 times. I don&#39;t mean to be rude and all but that is really stupid. The manga and the anime do not mirror each other all that much especially lately. There have been critical pieces of information left out of the anime that were better explained in the anime. Even if you do have a general idea of how the story will unfold, I guarantee you can&#39;t fairly judge someone&#39;s post for spoiler content unless you know the specifics. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Ok then ill just explain it better sense you have to come up with an excuse for the manga spoilers, People who read the manga, tell me what happends, and then when i see it in the anime, its not much differen&#39;t so don&#39;t tell me its not much of the same, very small differences. And like i said already, if i dont know for sure thats its a spoil or hinting a spoil, ill find out first before i take action. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I&#39;m not making excuses for posting spoilers, there is no excuse for posting spoilers.

I did not see your post about &#39;looking it up or asking another mod before taking action&#39; because I was typing my previous post at the time. This seems to be a fair way to determine spoilers, however nobody is perfect and if you or another mod were to ask the person who you felt posted a spoiler perhaps they could explain themselves and maybe point out something you might have missed.

Krbadass
Sat, 12-20-2003, 09:30 AM
Well, if someone thinks they were unjustly warned or banned, then its their job to pm a mod, or admin. not whine about it in a post. So far no one to my knowledge has been unjustly treated.

Kn1ves
Sat, 12-20-2003, 09:53 AM
Thanks for putting the tag on guys http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

And yes, someone has spoiled a few things for me.
Thats why I punched em in the face.

( They were my friends so its ok... ex-friends? haha jm )

Elessar
Sat, 12-20-2003, 10:09 AM
@Moses the White:
you know what that itachi avatar meant to me? exact, about nothing. So let&#39;s take another one from my collection, this time most people won&#39;t know what anime it is from so no false assumptions from no one.

I am well aware that it&#39;s not about me as I do not spoil. Was falsly accused by someone - not a mod, a visitor, though. But I am aware too that I shall be marked as leprous because of things others do. No thanks. The most spoilers I have seen were - Krbadass please correct me - from people that are not that often visiting this board.
And the ones who get punished by things like these fascist tags are not those. The ones who get punished are those who post a lot in here or there, those who check the forum regularly.

Tag people manga readers - i give you three day, and then &quot;don&#39;t trust him, he reads the manga&quot;, &quot;please, stay away from my thread&quot;, &quot;you, away, no spoilers&quot;. Even if he only talked about the size of the boobs on a posted pic.

@Krbadass: to follow your style of writing: dude, guess what, what I said was just a fact, there is no freedom of topic choice in manga and open section. Something most anime forum just visitors can&#39;t know because they don&#39;t visit these forums.
And I cannot see what should be false about saying this once in a while. The universe does not end right after one&#39;s point of view.

Moses The White
Sat, 12-20-2003, 10:27 AM
I think it should be made clear that most of my comments, and the manga tag in my signature, is all somewhat mocking this. I&#39;ve read so few of the manga that I couldn&#39;t really spoil much if I wanted to, and the comment about your avatar was said in jest. I think that measures should be taken to avoid spoilers, and I think that people shouldn&#39;t get pissed if they are wrongly accussed, but I certainly wouldn&#39;t get as upset as some other people I could mention. I mean jeez, it&#39;s just a forum about an anime series. If you don&#39;t like the people because we get pissed when someone spoils something and you&#39;re afraid we might &quot;descriminate&quot; against you, then go post on one of the other forums, or do something better with your time. I&#39;m going to tag myself, and if people tell me to get of a thread, what can they do? I can only be banned by a mod, and that&#39;ll only be if I actually spoil something, which won&#39;t happen. It&#39;s not such a big deal to me if someone wants to wet their pants because I said that I read a comic.

Krbadass
Sat, 12-20-2003, 11:25 AM
Hey. If you want to get sassy. Or you don&#39;t like how i do things then feel free to message another mod or admin about it; dont spam here. It was not my idea to make these tags and honestly i think they are a bad idea. I have no problem with manga readers talking and posting in the naruto forums. Only when they start giving their &quot;speculation&quot; that happends to be on the friggin pin head.

In order for you not to get yourself in trouble, ill just close this thread.

Baka-chan
Sat, 12-20-2003, 11:30 AM
i can understand how kn1ves feels. i mean, there is a Naruto section for the anime viewers, Naruto Manga, and an Open for both readers and viewers to comment in. You&#39;d think they were made for a reason. I don&#39;t enjoy the spoilers either, but i guess there really isn&#39;t any stopping them.. unfortunately http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sleep.gif

Moses The White
Sat, 12-20-2003, 12:25 PM
I&#39;m surprised that Legendary Nin could take so much offense to that. People have been spoiling a lot of stuff because they read the manga, and I read a couple episodes too to clarify things and realized that peoples &quot;speculation&quot; was actually them trying to look good by &#39;guessing&#39; the truth. I don&#39;t think someone who knows what&#39;s going to happen should &quot;speculate&quot; on it at all, because by definition the speculation is impossible since they already know. That doesn&#39;t mean that they shouldn&#39;t post in the anime forum at all, but come on... I&#39;m assuming everyone here has a brain. Just don&#39;t pretend you don&#39;t know if you do, and don&#39;t say anything at all that we shouldn&#39;t know from the anime unless it&#39;s some sort of clarification from a past episode where the manga is clearer than the anime. There are enough forums for everyone to say what they want without pissing people off.

Swedish_Star
Sat, 12-20-2003, 01:54 PM
Legendary-nin, you are probably a &quot;good&quot; manga reader due to how upset you are. However, too many manga readers aren&#39;t. They really prove themselves stupid by saying: &quot;I won&#39;t spoil anything, but they will discover that.&quot; In a thread about how something works. (Bloodline abilties, for example.) Such idiots make me real mad. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif I think the tagging idea could be a good way of reducing the spoiling at least...