PDA

View Full Version : wtf is with all these naruto subs

pandaexpress79
Fri, 12-19-2003, 11:16 AM
why are somany groups subbing this now i mean jeez first it was tw and aone+anbu but now theres like 4 others...darkanime,bakasan,yomp,animerev
bakasan is good for the impaitents and animerev is new but their getting better but slow not as slow as tw though... havn't seen yomp or darkanime but still why can't they try somthing else like papuwa since mognet is having bittorrent troubles or try bobobo thats good and noones doing it ... whats the point of me complaing so what are everyone elses fellings...

villin
Fri, 12-19-2003, 11:53 AM
Everyone is subbing it because it is probably the most popular series in anime at present. If you latch on to something popular you generate interest in your site or forum which could lead through donations to a more prosperous service.

Legendary Nin
Fri, 12-19-2003, 11:55 AM
It's all about the fame.I remember when it was only TW and Anbu-Aone,those were the good days.

Legendary Nin
Sat, 12-20-2003, 03:47 AM
Hopefully the big L is far away.We don't need Naruto coming out on the US market anytime soon,it would be turned into a train wreck.Btw this my 500th post,I'm finally a chuunin.... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Aegeon
Sat, 12-20-2003, 04:43 AM
When I first watched the show I had stuck with TW.... until I found out they were a few weeks behind at the time (few months now o.O) so I switched to Anbu which was still awesome quality. Eventually it came to a point (around the rock lee vs gaara point) where I wanted them as soon as possible so I was going with Bakasan's. Until last week when Anbu released theirs speedy also and I noticed how much better quality it was. So from now on I am only gonna go with Anbu-AonE. My only problem with Anbu-AonE is that some of the phrases I was used to with the manga translations have changed and they don't seem to make the same sense. I liked it when Neji's Kaiten was Called "Heavenly Spin" as opposed to "Whirl" and Naruto wasn't really a dropout. I mean the translations might be correct its just been hammered into my mind as something different.

Legendary Nin
Sat, 12-20-2003, 06:23 AM
A lot of words in japanese have multiple meanings and can be translated differently but roughly mean the same thing.

Chi Chi
Sat, 12-20-2003, 06:29 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin @ Dec 19 2003, 10:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It&#39;s all about the fame.I remember when it was only TW and Anbu-Aone,those were the good days. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yeah, the days we could wait a week for a subbed episode unlinke now when Bakasan has it always on Thursday or Friday.

Legendary Nin
Sat, 12-20-2003, 10:01 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chi Chi @ Dec 20 2003, 06:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yeah, the days we could wait a week for a subbed episode unlinke now when Bakasan has it always on Thursday or Friday. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I don&#39;t mind.I&#39;ve never downloaded a bakasan/saiyaman episode to begin with.I don&#39;t have a problem waiting for Anbu-Aone,its just my preference,just like others would watch Saiyaman over it etc.

makkura
Sat, 12-20-2003, 10:37 AM
i&#39;ll go with whoever says loser instead of DROPOUT &#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif

Baka-chan
Sat, 12-20-2003, 11:33 AM
i&#39;m not a fan of the other Naruto subbers. i think their quality and translations are bad compared to ANBU and TW. I&#39;m willing to wait. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

and congrats Legendary Nin (=

chronic
Sat, 12-20-2003, 11:39 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Dec 19 2003, 10:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Everyone is subbing it because it is probably the most popular series in anime at present. If you latch on to something popular you generate interest in your site or forum which could lead through donations to a more prosperous service. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
sorry but i don&#39;t think naruto is the most popular anime, well at least not in japan. i think its very popular in other countries and the demand for it is huge. so that&#39;s why so many groups are subbing.

Bakasan
Sat, 12-20-2003, 11:46 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chronic @ Dec 20 2003, 08:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin &#064; Dec 19 2003, 10:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Everyone is subbing it because it is probably the most popular series in anime at present. If you latch on to something popular you generate interest in your site or forum which could lead through donations to a more prosperous service. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
sorry but i don&#39;t think naruto is the most popular anime, well at least not in japan. i think its very popular in other countries and the demand for it is huge. so that&#39;s why so many groups are subbing. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Nope, he was right. It&#39;s all about the fame. I&#39;m famous&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

hahaha

jing
Sat, 12-20-2003, 11:57 AM
They can do whatever they damn well feel like. I don&#39;t have a problem with it, its not causing me to die or anything, I don&#39;t have to make a big deal about having multiple groups subbing Naruto.

Assertn
Sat, 12-20-2003, 12:39 PM
oh wow, bakasan posts in this forum now?
dont listen to them bakasan, i think most of the avi releases of your episodes are better than any of the other groups (until maybe TW releases em, if they ever do) http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Elessar
Sat, 12-20-2003, 01:08 PM
If you start with a new series, you have to bring it to the fans, you have to make them interested in it.

It&#39;s much easier if you can take a fanbase that was built up in hard work over more than 50 episodes by others. Not the nice way of doing things, but that&#39;s life for you.

Assertn
Sat, 12-20-2003, 01:26 PM
im sure people wont have a problem with alot of fansub groups once the series gets licensed. Once that happens, im sure it&#39;ll become more difficult to access quality episodes.

Legendary Nin
Sun, 12-21-2003, 02:45 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure @ Dec 21 2003, 12:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> oh wow, bakasan posts in this forum now?
dont listen to them bakasan, i think most of the avi releases of your episodes are better than any of the other groups (until maybe TW releases em, if they ever do) http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Has been for months.All the heavy hitters are floating around here somewhere,seems everyone and everything comes through here at least once.

sangai
Sun, 12-21-2003, 03:13 AM
well i say that all these subbers is a good thing hell the more the marrier it creates healthy competition for who has the most popular subbing, who has the most correct subs,who can subb the fastest.

the more subbers means a better chance of watching naruto sooner allowing the other groups to relax a lil bit more and feel less pressure about meeting a deadline for a release

thats just what i think

XwingRob
Sun, 12-21-2003, 03:49 AM
TW needs to start pulling a Kaizoku-fansub thing and start releasing three episodes a week once in a while, and keep on releasing one a week.
It should be easy for them. They translated the first 105 chapters of Naruto manga, catching up to episdoe 62 should be easy.(Heck bakasan does it all by himself, and his quality is decent considering that fact)
I&#39;m just one of those people who like to have consistency in fansubbers, you know...I had seen so many different version of the character names in Gundam SEED&#39;s fansubbers that I went insane. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif
Thank goodness Naruto doesn&#39;t have that problem.

Assertn
Sun, 12-21-2003, 04:19 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legendary Nin @ Dec 21 2003, 01:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure &#064; Dec 21 2003, 12:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> oh wow, bakasan posts in this forum now?
dont listen to them bakasan, i think most of the avi releases of your episodes are better than any of the other groups (until maybe TW releases em, if they ever do) http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Has been for months.All the heavy hitters are floating around here somewhere,seems everyone and everything comes through here at least once. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
ohhh yeah....it seems he joined before i did.......
must not have noticed since he&#39;s only posted 60 times