PDA

View Full Version : Iruka

SirCharlesIII
Fri, 12-19-2003, 02:31 AM
heh, this is a thread in the manga section, but i dont see any problem in taking it out of the scary world of spoilation and posting it here as well..

i tend to discount the first battle as a true show of ability, cause it was at the very begining, and seemed amazing then, just not now. he became a chuunin, so...how strong is he?

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Fri, 12-19-2003, 02:39 AM
well hes a chuunin and a teacher, so i doubt that he went on many missions (could be wrong) there are teenagers that're chuunin, so i would say hes not too strong, by no means is he a match for any of the jounin we've seen thus far, thats my view of it anyways...

SirCharlesIII
Fri, 12-19-2003, 02:46 AM
thats basicly what i think. he probably is like sakura with an amazing knowlege of theory and great chakra and technical skils, but not a warrior like some others we've seen.

BOballistic
Fri, 12-19-2003, 03:51 AM
hey starting what episode do i see rock lee? I heard hes one kickass character with a nasty bowl cut. oh and I think rock lee vs iruka = iruka R.I.P.

oh and just to piss off rock lee fans

Haku > rock lee /ok /no1

itachi_
Fri, 12-19-2003, 03:53 AM
Iruka is weak. Every genin could beat him, at least gaara, neji, sasuke.

Swedish_Star
Fri, 12-19-2003, 04:05 AM
You know that Gaara, Neji and Sasuke are the absolutely strongest genin around, don't you? Gaara is like Jounin strenght. A "common" genin is not much stronger than Ino or Chouji. So using Neji, Sasuke and Gaara as examples of genin is a bit crazy... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif Otherwise I think like SirCharles III.

Iznogoud
Fri, 12-19-2003, 05:32 AM
Yeah iruka is less powerful than naruto(kakashi said in an episode that he was about his power, thus he's now more powerful since he trained...)
I think iruka is a good teacher and he might have some abilities but i don't think he's got guts enough to be a real shinobi that risks his life to save the village...(after all, his parents got killed by kyuubi remember the first ep ? )

Jman
Fri, 12-19-2003, 05:37 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Iznogoud @ Dec 19 2003, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yeah iruka is less powerful than naruto(kakashi said in an episode that he was about his power, thus he&#39;s now more powerful since he trained...)
I think iruka is a good teacher and he might have some abilities but i don&#39;t think he&#39;s got guts enough to be a real shinobi that risks his life to save the village...(after all, his parents got killed by kyuubi remember the first ep ? ) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think of Iruka as being as strong as Ebisu...and they&#39;re probably as strong as Konohamaru http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

DB_Hunter
Fri, 12-19-2003, 06:38 AM
So you mean Iruka and Konohamaru also have the same weakness as Ebisu, meaning that they are both closet pervs?????

OH NO IRUKA MAY BE A PAEDOPHILE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Krbadass
Fri, 12-19-2003, 07:05 AM
Ebisu is far stronger then iruka.

Iznogoud
Fri, 12-19-2003, 07:08 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass @ Dec 19 2003, 06:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Ebisu is far stronger then iruka. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Agreed...
+He&#39;s a closet pervert he gets my vote http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif
Why do you think he&#39;s personnal teacher of konohamaru, the hokage&#39;s grandson ?

Assassin
Fri, 12-19-2003, 07:25 AM
ebisu&#39;s a jounin, so obvioulsy hes alot strogner then iruka.....i&#39;d say iruka&#39;s a low-mid level chunin......like mayb a bit weaker then sasuke or neji.

jing
Fri, 12-19-2003, 07:38 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Iznogoud @ Dec 19 2003, 06:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass &#064; Dec 19 2003, 06:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Ebisu is far stronger then iruka. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Agreed...
+He&#39;s a closet pervert he gets my vote http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif
Why do you think he&#39;s personnal teacher of konohamaru, the hokage&#39;s grandson ? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i dont wanna point out the obvious , but animemaster was joking around...
and I think Iruka is better than Ino, that is all. =P

DB_Hunter
Fri, 12-19-2003, 07:43 AM
Yeah but Iruka has a kind personality, Ebisu has a nutty one.

Assassin
Fri, 12-19-2003, 07:49 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter &#064; Dec 19 2003, 06:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yeah but Iruka has a kind personality, Ebisu has a nutty one. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
if by nutty u mean perverted http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Iznogoud
Fri, 12-19-2003, 11:10 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Assassin @ Dec 19 2003, 06:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ebisu&#39;s a jounin, so obvioulsy hes alot strogner then iruka.....i&#39;d say iruka&#39;s a low-mid level chunin......like mayb a bit weaker then sasuke or neji. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Not quite sure about this...He&#39;s a chuunin after all...who said sasuke AND neji will get the chuunin title this year ?
(no spoilers plz)
Maybe it was easier but he&#39;s like stronger than konohamaru hey...don&#39;t get too far or iruka&#39;s gonna do that with you ===&gt; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif even if he&#39;s not the strongest, he&#39;s a ninja and n33nj4 own you http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

villin
Fri, 12-19-2003, 11:14 AM
Iruka is definatly only a chuunin and judging from episode 1 not a very strong one at that. Ebisu is not a jounin, he&#39;s a special jounin which is lesser than a full jounin such as Kakashi, Gai, Asuma or Kurenai.

hahman14
Fri, 12-19-2003, 12:00 PM
i say u give some of these guys a break. u all keep calling ebisu perverted and stuff but u know wat, if a whole bunch of naked chicks were to run at u, would not look and admire at God&#39;s wonderful, wonderful work. sigh, i must now go and contemplate on this matter

villin
Fri, 12-19-2003, 12:05 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hahman14 @ Dec 20 2003, 12:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> i say u give some of these guys a break. u all keep calling ebisu perverted and stuff but u know wat, if a whole bunch of naked chicks were to run at u, would not look and admire at God&#39;s wonderful, wonderful work. sigh, i must now go and contemplate on this matter </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
make sure you clean up the mess afterwords http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Swedish_Star
Sat, 12-20-2003, 02:41 AM
Iruka is weak against the sexy no jutsu, (ep 1) perhaps he&#39;s a teacher to avoid encountering goodlooking adult women... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Iznogoud
Sat, 12-20-2003, 02:43 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Swedish_Star @ Dec 20 2003, 01:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Iruka is weak against the sexy no jutsu, (ep 1) perhaps he&#39;s a teacher to avoid encountering goodlooking adult women... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Dude, you&#39;d certainly fall for that too...
And i think everyone here would fall for that one in fact http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_dribble.gif

Krbadass
Sat, 12-20-2003, 03:02 AM
Itachi_ YOU dont know that, so why say &quot;just to make this clear&quot; when you dont know for sure? Chuunin are stronger then a genin as a jounin is stronger then a chuunin, it only makes sense.

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 12-20-2003, 07:00 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ &#064; Dec 19 2003, 03:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Iruka is weak. Every genin could beat him, at least gaara, neji, sasuke. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
If They could beat Iruka, then i&#39;m pretty sure both Rock Lee and Naruto could beat his ass badly too. As Naruto is stronger than Neji and Rock Lee probably is stronger than almost everyone.

Edit: Just like to answer to Krbadass. Yep, and if you look at the chart of which gets to do harder missions, well chunins are above genins which kind of points out that it is not just the ability to lead which makes a person a good chunin.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-20-2003, 10:38 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin @ Dec 19 2003, 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Iruka is definatly only a chuunin and judging from episode 1 not a very strong one at that. Ebisu is not a jounin, he&#39;s a special jounin which is lesser than a full jounin such as Kakashi, Gai, Asuma or Kurenai. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Huh? Where was that stated?

chronic
Sat, 12-20-2003, 11:19 AM
I don&#39;t think iruka is a stong chunin, i think he is just average. I do think Naruto, Sasuke, Gaara etc can kick his ass.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 12-20-2003, 12:56 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter @ Dec 19 2003, 05:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> OH NO IRUKA MAY BE A PAEDOPHILE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
this information can change stuff.. so far we assumed he&#39;s a teacher cuz he&#39;s too much of a weakling to be anything else, but with this new information in hand we can suspect he&#39;s strong enough to choose his own job&#33; which is something only Jiraya and people at that level can do...

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-20-2003, 01:07 PM
You mean he could be a Senin level ninja??? Damn Kabuto can go eat his heart out in that case about keeping his true power secret....

But then..... what will Iruka choose to do with his power???

itachi_
Sat, 12-20-2003, 01:16 PM
I just want to make this clear... ... Genin can easily defeat a chuunin, they aren&#39;t that good. Like those who were on the chuunin final exam, they aren&#39;t good. i bet naruto neji gaara and sasuke can beat them.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 12-20-2003, 01:19 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter @ Dec 20 2003, 12:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> But then..... what will Iruka choose to do with his power??? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
molest and sexsually abuse 12 years old with no family that consider him as the most improtant figure in thier lives, and then have them fail the test each time so that he could keep traumatazing the minds of the young?

holy shit... it&#39;s starts to look like a really perverted doujin.. i should really stop&#33;

rEkKaShInObI
Sun, 12-21-2003, 02:54 AM
I think iruka had at least 1 tough fight, because of the scar across his nose.

ZakuHan
Sun, 12-21-2003, 03:06 AM
I think Iruka is a pretty strong Chuunin. I doubt they&#39;d place a weak one as a teacher, even if he&#39;s only teaching up-and-coming Genins. He probably earned the right to be teacher somewhere along the lines, and I don&#39;t think that&#39;d be easy to accomplish.

~Chris

SirCharlesIII
Sun, 12-21-2003, 03:15 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass @ Dec 20 2003, 03:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Itachi_ YOU dont know that, so why say &quot;just to make this clear&quot; when you dont know for sure? Chuunin are stronger then a genin as a jounin is stronger then a chuunin, it only makes sense. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i dont think thats necessarily ture, krbadass...the idea of losing your first match in the finals but becoming a chuunin while the winner of the tournament could potentially stay genin level has been stated as possible by the hokage, the exam is to see which genin have the qualities that would make a genin able to take the responsibility for leading a team, being liable for the team&#39;s survival and the completion of a mission, none of wich particularly rely on pure ninja ability, but rather leadership. so, i think it is possible for a chuunin weak enough to be deafeated by most genins but smart/leading/responsible enough to lead a team and make sure the mission is completed without casulties.

High Wind
Sun, 12-21-2003, 03:36 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin &#064; Dec 19 2003, 08:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Iruka is definatly only a chuunin and judging from episode 1 not a very strong one at that. Ebisu is not a jounin, he&#39;s a special jounin which is lesser than a full jounin such as Kakashi, Gai, Asuma or Kurenai.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Didn&#39;t Orochimaru say something to Anko in the Forest Of Death when she was using that Double Snake Assassin Jutsu Thingy? Some thing like &quot;You are a Special Jounin of this village. You shouldn&#39;t be using those forbidden techniques&quot;

If thats the case wouldn&#39;t Special Jounin just be another Class of jounin and not necessarily weaker? Cuz Anko seems pretty strong

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SirCharlesIII @ Dec 21 2003 &#064; 12:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass @ Dec 20 2003 &#064; 03:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Itachi_ YOU dont know that, so why say &quot;just to make this clear&quot; when you dont know for sure? Chuunin are stronger then a genin as a jounin is stronger then a chuunin, it only makes sense.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

i dont think thats necessarily ture, krbadass...the idea of losing your first match in the finals but becoming a chuunin while the winner of the tournament could potentially stay genin level has been stated as possible by the hokage, the exam is to see which genin have the qualities that would make a genin able to take the responsibility for leading a team, being liable for the team&#39;s survival and the completion of a mission, none of wich particularly rely on pure ninja ability, but rather leadership. so, i think it is possible for a chuunin weak enough to be deafeated by most genins but smart/leading/responsible enough to lead a team and make sure the mission is completed without casulties.
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Wow good Point http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif Sorta like Shikamaru? u know strategies and stuff

Neo32
Sun, 12-21-2003, 03:45 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (High Wind @ Dec 21 2003, 02:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (villin &#064; Dec 19 2003, 08:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Didn&#39;t Orochimaru say something to Anko in the Forest Of Death when she was using that Double Snake Assassin Jutsu Thingy? Some thing like &quot;You are a Special Jounin of this village. You shouldn&#39;t be using those forbidden techniques&quot;

If thats the case wouldn&#39;t Special Jounin just be another Class of jounin and not necessarily weaker? Cuz Anko seems pretty strong

Well i believe that orochimaru used the word &#39;special&#39; in the case of anko as a sarcastic term... you are a jounin of konoha and thus that makes you &#39;special&#39; if you know what i mean... after all, seems that konoha-nins are rather tame and don&#39;t use many forbidden techniques... or any strongly-offensive ones either... we don&#39;t see kakashi or ebisu teaching naruto or any of the other genins new jutsus do we? so far its juz them showing off and naruto has to meet random people or read scrolls to learn his jutsus...

DB_Hunter
Sun, 12-21-2003, 03:58 AM
Maybe he just wanted some easy money.....

Come to think of it.. how much do the ninjas&#39;s get paid??

And how does Naruto get any money????

Death BOO Z
Sun, 12-21-2003, 04:36 AM
they get paid accroding to the missions they do, i think that from the moment they stop being guided they start getting paid, and until then, they are just &#39;returning&#39; money to the village...

i guess Naruto gets an allowence, or a vital basket thing... it was never explined.

but still you can&#39;t compare it to Ranma 1&#092;2 money problems... a dojo that houses about 7 ppl, with guests each episode, no one works around there, and they have to pay for all the dameges ranma causes...

HOW THE HELL DO THEY DO IT&#33;?&#33;

rEkKaShInObI
Sun, 12-21-2003, 04:47 AM
How can you guys judge Iruka just from one fight? I mean c&#39;mon man give the man a chance. Sure he almost got raped by the other guy, but he still has balls of steel. He&#39;s a Chuunin anyways =D.

Neo32
Sun, 12-21-2003, 04:56 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rEkKaShInObI @ Dec 21 2003, 03:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> How can you guys judge Iruka just from one fight? I mean c&#39;mon man give the man a chance. Sure he almost got raped by the other guy, but he still has balls of steel. He&#39;s a Chuunin anyways =D. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i seriously doubt we will get to see iruka fight in the coming episodes though... maybe if naruto loses control and kryubi needs to be rebound... hehe

rEkKaShInObI
Sun, 12-21-2003, 04:59 AM
yea, doubt we&#39;ll see him fight. the guys stuck at the acedemy with all them damn students. gotta be a pain in the ass, and it cuts into his day so he cant work out much or go out n just kick it.

but i know the cure&#33; if he gets a girl, he can expell all his chakra on her&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; NOW THAT WILL BE A WORKOUT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; 8 HOUR TRAINING ALL IN 20 SECONDS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Neo32
Sun, 12-21-2003, 05:02 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rEkKaShInObI @ Dec 21 2003, 03:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> yea, doubt we&#39;ll see him fight. the guys stuck at the acedemy with all them damn students. gotta be a pain in the ass, and it cuts into his day so he cant work out much or go out n just kick it.

but i know the cure&#33; if he gets a girl, he can expell all his chakra on her&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; NOW THAT WILL BE A WORKOUT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; 8 HOUR TRAINING ALL IN 20 SECONDS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i think it would be one of his academy students... you know.. young... innocent... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_dribble.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_dribble.gif
but he&#39;ll have to be discreet though http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

rEkKaShInObI
Sun, 12-21-2003, 05:07 AM
I LIKE THE WAY U THINK&#33; NO ACADEMY STUDEN CAN BEAT IRUKA&#33;&#33; another episode of michael jackson and yea...

Thermonuclear
Sun, 12-21-2003, 05:15 AM
I&#39;ll just say this

Iruka &gt; Naruto w/o Kyubi powers unleashed

And it will stay this way for a while at least untill episode 75 (when *SPOILER* trains *SPOILER* how to do the *SPOILER*)

Neo32
Sun, 12-21-2003, 05:30 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rEkKaShInObI @ Dec 21 2003, 04:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I LIKE THE WAY U THINK&#33; NO ACADEMY STUDEN CAN BEAT IRUKA&#33;&#33; another episode of michael jackson and yea... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
if he tries gaara though... there&#39;ll be hell to pay... but naruto beat him didn&#39;t he? a little thought here... why didn&#39;t naruto try to use sexy no jutsu to beat Neji?

RoMuLuu
Sun, 12-21-2003, 11:39 AM
Well.. even he doesn&#39;t look too strong to me, I think we shouldn&#39;t underestimate him, because he&#39;s still a chuunin. And I&#39;m sure he has already went through many dissicult tests etc...

Neo32
Sun, 12-21-2003, 11:49 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoMuLuu @ Dec 21 2003, 10:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Well.. even he doesn&#39;t look too strong to me, I think we shouldn&#39;t underestimate him, because he&#39;s still a chuunin. And I&#39;m sure he has already went through many dissicult tests etc... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
but after teaching for so long... maybe he has softened a little... i agree though his knowledge is kinda deep... he does teach naruto some pretty good basic skills.... and he cares a lot... is there a difference between a mission chuunin and a teaching chuunin?