PDA

View Full Version : Horror Anime

Death BOO Z
Fri, 12-19-2003, 07:18 AM
well,horror and dark animes you say?

Tenchi muyo GXP is also a trumatic experience, but that's not the case...
Firestorm had it's 'moments' as well, so if you're in for a lowered IQ level it's the thing for ya~!

Perfect blue: the mind bugging movie! stalkers, psychological issues and lot's of murderers...

100 stories: a kick ass anime! goes through japan folklore and makes you wanna throw up, for example. theres this part, when you see somewoman having a flashback of how she cut her sister's eyes out after she saw her having 'fun' with thier father... totally ass kick.

Narutaru: the misstreated anime, once you get past ep 2. people start dying in ugly ways, at ep 11 i was screaming at the screen: "don't do it! stop killing already!"

Xollence
Fri, 12-19-2003, 07:20 AM
I don't see many of these around. I love anime that involve vampires, zombies, etc.. What's your favorite/worst? I loved Vampire D Hunter, but I really hated Hellsing because of the ending and the crappy storyline.

Forgotten
Fri, 12-19-2003, 07:40 AM
If u liked Vampire D Hunter u should look Shingetsutan Tsukihime ( story is deep ) bad thing is that it will end so soon

LordSteelFist
Fri, 12-19-2003, 08:37 AM
Yea, go for Shingetsutan Tsukihime, only 2 eps left i think.

Serpico
Fri, 12-19-2003, 11:29 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xollence @ Dec 19 2003, 06:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I don&#39;t see many of these around. I love anime that involve vampires, zombies, etc.. What&#39;s your favorite/worst? I loved Vampire D Hunter, but I really hated Hellsing because of the ending and the crappy storyline. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think you would enjoy Magical Girl Pretty Sammy.

Elite Hentai
Fri, 12-19-2003, 11:35 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serpico &#064; Dec 19 2003, 04:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xollence &#064; Dec 19 2003, 06:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I don&#39;t see many of these around.* I love anime that involve vampires, zombies, etc.. What&#39;s your favorite/worst?* I loved Vampire D Hunter, but I really hated Hellsing because of the ending and the crappy storyline. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think you would enjoy Magical Girl Pretty Sammy. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Aaargh&#33; Don&#39;t say that name&#33; I lend it from a friend because I liked Tenchi Muyo but I&#39;ll have to say it&#39;s the most childish and stupid anime I&#39;ve ever seen&#33; *Pretty Mutation&#33;* (Elite Hentai&#39;s evil form) Chidori @ Serpico&#33;

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Fri, 12-19-2003, 01:30 PM
ok, perfect anime for u, Koutetsu Hyaku Monogatari...insanely dark anime, with ghosts and spirits and the like, Shingetsutan Tsukihime like they said, very good also, has a vampire theme to it, but Koutetsu is far darker and freakier, for instance, in the second ep, u see a mom holding a baby, the baby is crying loudly, then something kills the mom, she drops to her knees, still holdign the baby, the baby is still crying loudly, then she falls forward onto the baby and u hear a sickening squish sound, and the baby stops crying....give it a watch, its well worth it

LordSteelFist
Fri, 12-19-2003, 01:48 PM
That anime sounds cool http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif, is it licenced?

Xollence
Sat, 12-20-2003, 04:34 AM
Wow Tsukihime is such a great series. I had 9 episodes all this time and never bothered to check it out.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 12-21-2003, 02:02 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Baka-chan @ Dec 21 2003, 12:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Narutaru is scary? i thought it was supposed to be a &quot;cute&quot; type anime like pokemon? i&#39;ve never seen it, thats just the empression i got </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
that&#39;s a common mistake, the animation makes it look &#39;cute&#39; and the first two episodes slightly support that thought, but once you get into episode three you can tell it&#39;s not cute....

and the reason is...

*spoiler color ahead*
<span style='color:#D6DBE0'> Housimaru, the star like dragonet (which people call pokemon) killes someone.
</span>[/COLOR]

*end spoiler*

I suggest you take a look at some reviews of it, which were done after the series was over, and not during the first two chapter,,, you&#39;ll see what other people think of it, and when you try Narutaru, it will be one anime you won&#39;t forget...

Insomniac
Sun, 12-21-2003, 02:22 AM
Chrno Crusade deals with demons and such, some horror moments so far from what i&#39;ve seen of the first 4 eps (started watching recently) has a great potential.

Neo32
Sun, 12-21-2003, 02:25 AM
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif i think if the anime were called Konohamaru rather than Naruto it would be scary.... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

would anyone consider berserk a horror anime?

Death BOO Z
Sun, 12-21-2003, 04:31 AM
not really, horror is supposed to be more than just demons and vampires, horror animes, in my opinion, get beneath your skin and make it shiver without showing a drop of blood, when you have to &#39;stop&#39; an episode in the middle and relax your mind it&#39;s horror, otherwise it&#39;s just a violent anime in a dark theme thing...

as much as Berserk is owning... and it had some moments, i can&#39;t consider it to be a pure horror anime... discusting? yes. thrilling? definatally. among the greatest? HELL YEAH&#33; but horror? not really.

so does hellsing and VH:D, good (for most parts) but not horror.

Chrno crusade kinda gave me a slayers-life feeling... the mad weapon smith, the childlike attitude of rossete and the &#39;i&#39;m a demonic elf&#39; form of chrno in ep 4 were too much of a &#39;hehe, a cute anime&#33;&#39; thing...
also, i still think they should correct the name into Chrono crusade... they say chrono, chrono is a word, then why not use it?

Last thing: you might want to try Gilgamesh, it has some moments, and really scary monsters&#33;

BTW: Konohamaru? hell no&#33; but an anime on Shino would rock&#33;

Forgotten
Sun, 12-21-2003, 08:51 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xollence @ Dec 20 2003, 03:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Wow Tsukihime is such a great series. I had 9 episodes all this time and never bothered to check it out. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
So sad that it will end soon

Baka-chan
Sun, 12-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Narutaru is scary? i thought it was supposed to be a &quot;cute&quot; type anime like pokemon? i&#39;ve never seen it, thats just the empression i got

Uzumaki Naruto
Mon, 12-22-2003, 06:02 AM
man after readin all of these post im very intrested inwatching all these anime. can anybody host a link on where i can getr them or anything bc i really want to watch them they soubdso kewl

Xollence
Tue, 12-23-2003, 07:53 AM
Here...BT sites ('http://www.xenogenesis.com/browse/entertainment/animemanga/bittorrent/')

samsonlonghair
Wed, 12-24-2003, 04:15 AM
If what you want is a horror anime that makes you think instead of being bloody, than the best has not been mentioned. Boggie Pop Phantom is an amazing, psychological story.

My favourite character is Poom Poom. He started as a simple character in a childrens&#39; stroy that a highschool girl wrote. After her guidance counselor told her that she could never be a writer she burnt all her manuscripts. When this happened Poom Poom emerged into the real world. His purpose is to make everyone happier, but he found that he couldn&#39;t find anyone who was quite sad enough, so he messes with people&#39;s minds until they fall into a deep depression. They sometimes kill themselves. Once they are in this depression, everyone needs to be around Poom Poom just to feel the least joy. Poom Poom becomes a living drug.

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 12-24-2003, 10:01 AM
kewl im really lookin forward to dl the animes jsut hope that they have the eps in thier