PDA

View Full Version : Chuunin Finals

Moses The White
Thu, 12-18-2003, 05:33 AM
In the preliminary matches, everyone who lost was out for good, right? But how does it work in the stadium? If everyone fights everyone else and everyone who loses fails the exam, then only one Genin will become a Chuunin. And if not, then why is everyone so intent on winning when they could afford to lose a match or two? It probably has to do with something like "Ninja Honour", but if two people who liked eachother, like Naruto and... Lets say Hinata even though she's out, would one of them HAVE to fail?

Orion Guardian
Thu, 12-18-2003, 05:37 AM
No, its said in the last episode of the prelimaries,
The guys who pass are chosen by their skill and not by their winning score, it could be that all become chuunin or no one become chuunin

itachi_
Thu, 12-18-2003, 05:40 AM
Even if you loose the first match, you can still become a chuunin, it's a teamleader that they are searching for, that's 4 sure.

brightdark
Thu, 12-18-2003, 05:43 AM
they try to win because http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/unsure.gif
well
for each extra battle they make
they get one more chance to show what they got
to show how capable they are
an extra chance to impress

raijin
Thu, 12-18-2003, 05:46 AM
Well, it was explained by the 3rd Hokage that the Chuunin Finals are meant to display an individuals skills. By losing a match, a person necessarily does not automatically lose the opportunity of becoming a chuunin. By winning a match or advancing, you have more opportunities to showcase your abilities and thus increase your chance of becoming a chuunin.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 12-18-2003, 06:39 AM
I guess also they think, who wants to lose? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Moses The White
Thu, 12-18-2003, 06:41 AM
Yeah... I was just thinking about what would happen if two ninja's who were friends were supposed to fight eachother. Or is it only ninjas from different villages? It seems like there are more from Kohona than anywhere else though.

PuppetMaster Kankuro
Thu, 12-18-2003, 07:23 AM
They'd probably handle the fight just about the same as Sakura and Ino did when they fought each other, except a lot more hard core, because sakura and ino are weak.

Kakashi-San
Thu, 12-18-2003, 07:28 AM
I woudn't say week >_< they just have their own special skills. Like Sakura has a very keen sence of Chakara. Just becasue she can't fight well, dosn't mean that she wouldn't be a valuable temate on missions. She could see through illusions and help the boys out. Same with Ino.

Vagabond
Thu, 12-18-2003, 07:37 AM
Can someone remind me whose match is after Gaara and Sasuke's.

brightdark
Thu, 12-18-2003, 07:40 AM
kankuro and shino are listed next

Krbadass
Thu, 12-18-2003, 07:41 AM
I'm pretty sure the next match is shikamaru and temari.

Vagabond
Thu, 12-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Well if it is Kankuro and Shino then that would be weird because in the preview it shows shikimaru getting pushed in. hm..... Guess I just have to wait for 63. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

brightdark
Thu, 12-18-2003, 08:02 AM
according to their numbers they should be up next after gaara saskue

naruto and neji had the numbers 1 and 2
gaara sasuke 3 and 4
kankuro shino 5 and 6
temari dosu shikamaru 7, 8 and 9

and their names was also drawn on the tournament tree in one of the earlier episodes
I don't remember which one though

Uzumaki Kakashi
Thu, 12-18-2003, 08:06 AM
u will see what happens about the line up, dont worry (I wish i could say more but u guys would be angry because u dont read the manga)

Assassin
Thu, 12-18-2003, 08:33 AM
ya its gonna b shino next......cuz remember shika had the extra match, and that was at the very end of the list.

as for him being pushed in, well that doesnt' mean its his match......naruto tends to do alot of stupid things http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

DB_Hunter
Thu, 12-18-2003, 09:58 AM
Just be patient for the next ep http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

RoMuLuu
Sun, 12-21-2003, 06:33 AM
Yes, there are head ninjas, feudal lords and kages as referees. And they choose who will become Chuunins. So everyone could pass, but also there is a possibility that no-one passes.

Beautiful Green Beast
Sun, 12-21-2003, 08:25 AM
...so i think that Neji still has the chance to become chuunin.

villin
Mon, 12-22-2003, 03:18 AM
I agree that Neji doesn't deserve to be a chuunin, but Naruto does. He used alot of good strategy during the fight. When he did the kage bunshin in the beginning he anticipated Neji's thoughts and deliberatly used that against him. Also, at the end of the fight using the clone as a decoy and attacking from underground where Neji's byakugan would be useless is very intelligent. Just because Naruto is an easy going goofball when he isn't in a fight doesn't mean he can't be serious and focused when the time comes.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-22-2003, 04:20 AM
Neji's Byakugan wasn't on that's why he didn't see him coming from the underground! He was caught off guard by the element of surprise.

But I agree, Neji used no strategy at all and just busted out with his moves. But then, if Naruto didn't have Kyuubi, woul strategy have been needed? Naruto would have ben defeated if he didn't have Kyuubi.

Mon, 12-22-2003, 05:13 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter @ Dec 22 2003, 03:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Neji&#39;s Byakugan wasn&#39;t on that&#39;s why he didn&#39;t see him coming from the underground&#33; He was caught off guard by the element of surprise.

But I agree, Neji used no strategy at all and just busted out with his moves. But then, if Naruto didn&#39;t have Kyuubi, woul strategy have been needed? Naruto would have ben defeated if he didn&#39;t have Kyuubi. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
It&#39;s not like he has infravision m8, he still cant see through wall&#39;s and rock-dirt. You can dream about that as long as you want, but it just isnt so.
This is &quot;Naruto&quot; and not &quot; Superman&quot;. The fact that he heard the groubnd ,didnt react and then got kicked also indicates he was pretty banged up. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

SpoiledBrat
Mon, 12-22-2003, 07:31 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (?igma @ Dec 22 2003, 05:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter &#064; Dec 22 2003, 03:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Neji&#39;s Byakugan wasn&#39;t on that&#39;s why he didn&#39;t see him coming from the underground&#33; He was caught off guard by the element of surprise.

But I agree, Neji used no strategy at all and just busted out with his moves. But then, if Naruto didn&#39;t have Kyuubi, woul strategy have been needed? Naruto would have ben defeated if he didn&#39;t have Kyuubi. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
It&#39;s not like he has infravision m8, he still cant see through wall&#39;s and rock-dirt. You can dream about that as long as you want, but it just isnt so.
This is &quot;Naruto&quot; and not &quot; Superman&quot;. The fact that he heard the groubnd ,didnt react and then got kicked also indicates he was pretty banged up. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
oh really? go watch episode 24, 17:50-18:00...

looks like he got infra vision to me...

Beautiful Green Beast
Mon, 12-22-2003, 07:40 AM
Ok,so Neji soesnt fit to be a chuunin but who will then? Naruto is cool but not so smart (attacking Neji from the front, throwing a punch when he knows Neji is good att Taijutsu). Gaara is too careless. He just stands there, watching his opponent and doesnt act like a chuunin neither. The ones i prefer to be chuunins are: Shikamaru (hes smart), Shino (also smart with his trumpcard) and......i dont think there are any more.

Assassin
Mon, 12-22-2003, 07:53 AM
well the ones who deserve to be chuunins are naruto (he IS smart regardless of what u ppl think......think back to ANY of his fights is: zabua, rain nins, kiba, and now neji) and mayb shino, if we he has more then justa few bugs. shika&#39;s smart but hes too lazy and, well i dont wanna say cowardly, but non-aggressive.

neji&#39;s a prick, and so is gaara......and sasukes just a power hungry brat.

but, imo no one will become a chuunin cuz the war&#39;s gonna break out anytime now....i seriously doubt the 3rd exam will be finished. i wonder if this actualy happens, would they do anotehr chuunin exam (on the show i mean)

Beautiful Green Beast
Mon, 12-22-2003, 07:57 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Assassin @ Dec 22 2003, 06:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well the ones who deserve to be chuunins are naruto (he IS smart regardless of what u ppl think......think back to ANY of his fights is: zabua, rain nins, kiba, and now neji) and mayb shino, if we he has more then justa few bugs. shika&#39;s smart but hes too lazy and, well i dont wanna say cowardly, but non-aggressive.

neji&#39;s a prick, and so is gaara......and sasukes just a power hungry brat.

but, imo no one will become a chuunin cuz the war&#39;s gonna break out anytime now....i seriously doubt the 3rd exam will be finished. i wonder if this actualy happens, would they do anotehr chuunin exam (on the show i mean) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
me think that also. The 3rd exam is too slow. I would take ages to end the exam... (i mean, 3 and a half episode for one match? im thinking of the Naruto neji match now)

boomorman
Mon, 12-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Yeah the Naruto vs Neji 3 and a half ep fight was a huge waste. We all knew Kyubi was gonna spank Neji. Should have just done it in one ep and gotten to the good fights, or they could have spent more time with Nejis past.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-22-2003, 09:05 AM
Yea man it is dragging on a bit. Though I just realised, correct me if I am wrong, that this is the second last match and the only other match that could now happen before the second round is Gaara Vs Sasuke....

I&#39;m beginning to think that that won&#39;t happen now.. and it will be a Gaara Vs Naruto showdown for the first fight of the second round.... Sand won&#39;t want that match to go ahead but Gaara&#39;s gonna be like screw you I do what I want because he would want to fight Naruto and his demon (i.e Kyuubi), Gaara&#39;s demon will bust out and all hell will break loose.

Iznogoud
Mon, 12-22-2003, 09:17 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter @ Dec 22 2003, 03:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Neji&#39;s Byakugan wasn&#39;t on that&#39;s why he didn&#39;t see him coming from the underground&#33; He was caught off guard by the element of surprise.

I&#39;ll just add that naruto hasnt shown all of his powers yet...no frog(or tadpoles http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif ) summoning yet&#33;
@boomorman: yeah so you mainly look naruto episodes for action then ? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif Neji&#39;s story is cool and now we know why he acts the way he does...being cold and stuff.

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Mon, 12-22-2003, 01:33 PM
not a chance in the world....look at how he behaved, he frowned on his opponent the whole time, underestimating a challenge would get ur team killed, NEGATORY, neji is not chuunin material...naruto isnt either, in fact, all of the characters thought like us, the way to be chunnin is to win the matches, and seeing as its been said already that everuyone could pass or no one could pass, i think no one will and there will be a massive revolt amongest the genin

boomorman
Tue, 12-23-2003, 09:49 AM
No, I watch it more for the plot, however I think they have already done enough with Naruto being a so called &quot;loser/dropout&quot; yet beating everybody. We all knew Naruto was going to go Kyubi so why not just do it in one or 2 eps and use the other 1 and a half for Neji&#39;s past or the next fight.