PDA

View Full Version : Guess the shows length!!!!

Outtawack311
Wed, 12-17-2003, 11:49 AM
This show is already longer than most anime, so lets start guessing how long it will go on. I believe they will need at least 130, or 143 episodes to explore and finish all of the little storyline twists that they stuck in there. Like with what everyone wants to do with their life. Then with Naruto, to fullfill his dreams they would have to at least go through a Jounin exam, etc etc... Then the middle filler episodes, training episodes, and the fact that fights take 2 episodes usually.

Any guesses on the series' length?? Bring it on.

villin
Wed, 12-17-2003, 11:56 AM
I've got a bad feeling its going to be licensed after this season. Then it doesn't matter when it ends because I refuse to watch Naruto be butchered by someone like Funimation or Bandai. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif

SirCharlesIII
Wed, 12-17-2003, 11:59 AM
Yeah, i have a couple things to say, but they deal with the manga (only about the length of the manga, mind you) nevertheless, even though its not spoiling, ill put it in the tag, just in case there are any true purists that dont want to know the manga exists...

**start**

<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>The manga is now in its 197-198th chapter, and episode 62 cooresponds with chapter 104. the story is no where near being completed, and in fact some people expect the manga to go on another 200 chapters before closure is reached. i personally think thats a bit too little or a bit too much, as there has also been speculation about a storyline dealing with an adult cast of characters, labeled naruto x or somthing. if thats the case i thing the manga will go on like 500 chapters or somthing, whereas if it ends when they&#39;re young, i think it&#39;ll have to end within 200 chapters. At th currect ratio of 62 episodes per 104 chapters that puts the anime at either about 240 episodes to something atrocious like 420 if you count a possible second series (naruot x, grown up)
</span>
**end**

just to reinforce, if you skipped my message and went crazy selecting...it&#39;s pure sepculation and has no basis in fact, except for the correspondence between where the maga is vs the anime and how many more already written chapters there are

JMB
Wed, 12-17-2003, 12:04 PM
it follows the manga, which is going strong at chapter 197 and shows no signs of stopping. The anime is at ep 63 which is about around chapter 100ish. so there is enough manga chapters to make about 120+eps of anime. But trust me it wont be ending around 130. if you dont read the manga you dont even have a small idea of how many plot twists, characters and major events there really are. Plus if the manga keeps going and going, which it will then your looking at an anime of dbz proportions in length. Damn near 300 i bet, and thats minimum. If the manga anime ever goes until naruto becomes hokage it could be over 1000 eps, lol.

As far as it being licensed. It doesnt look like it will be anytime soon. and if it is, nothing will happen. you&#39;ll still be able to get fan subs easily, even if anbu stops subing.

my guess for series length then would have to be 300-400 eps as long as it continues to grow in popularity.

Nine Tailed Demon
Wed, 12-17-2003, 12:09 PM
More fans = More eps

jing
Wed, 12-17-2003, 12:13 PM
i believe sir charles is pretty acurate.
More fans also = liscence.

Jman
Wed, 12-17-2003, 12:15 PM
I don&#39;t mind the story going on for a long period of time as long as it doesn&#39;t get killed by some bullshit NarutoZ/GT type of extension.

rEkKaShInObI
Wed, 12-17-2003, 12:25 PM
i dont want any american dubbing crap near naruto&#33; they make their voices gay and jack up the price for dvd&#39;s...

Xollence
Wed, 12-17-2003, 12:29 PM
It should stop at 179. Hopefully it doesn&#39;t get licensed or else we&#39;re all gonna have to watch subs from Bakasan.

Krbadass
Wed, 12-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Beings is this is a thread that is like 20 other threads, ill close it, if you want it opened pm me as to why.