PDA

View Full Version : 64 chakra holes?

kyuubi
Wed, 12-17-2003, 09:45 AM
Hey! This is my first thread, and I really hope its not a stupid question...but there is something in ep 61-62 I dont get. They were awesome indeed, but how did Neji stop the flow of Naruto's chakra using the 64 hands of Hakke. Neji says he hit all of Naruto's tenketsu..but he only struck naruto a total of 126 times....and in ep 47, at around 4:35, kakashi cleary states that there are 361 tenketsu...so how could it be that Naruto's chakra flow had completey stopped. Not the kyubi chakra, but his own, when Neji didnt hit all of his tenketsu...maybe I'm just overanalyzing this? Thoughts, comments, concerns, insults...feel free to throw them...

jing
Wed, 12-17-2003, 10:35 AM
maybe when he hits a specific spot his chakra spreads and covers more points. probably why this is a wicked jutsu.

Iznogoud
Wed, 12-17-2003, 10:44 AM
Maybe he just stops the chakra flow from one point for...let's say the hand(that would be on the arm) and some for the arm etc etc
He doesnt close all of them but only the important links ?
Just my 2cts

Serpico
Wed, 12-17-2003, 10:47 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Iznogoud @ Dec 17 2003, 09:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Maybe he just stops the chakra flow from one point for...let&#39;s say the hand(that would be on the arm) and some for the arm etc etc
He doesnt close all of them but only the important links ?
Just my 2cts </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
ya i think this is certainly the right answer

Shaft
Wed, 12-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Don?t worry this is not a stupid question it is a very good one. I will try to explain it the way I understand it.

Yes there are a lot more the 64 tenketsu but the one neji hit were the critical ones that would prevent chakra flow. Think of it like a city block with roads streets and large highways to stop traffic from moving you only have to block a few intersections to stop flow. That?s how I think it is. There are maybe 64 critical points that if hit can prevent any flow because these are important chakra intersections that regulate flow

EnergyCallingMe
Wed, 12-17-2003, 11:01 AM
i think that if u stop all points the person dies or something liek that that but with 64 u stop them from doing jitsu

Assertn
Wed, 12-17-2003, 11:09 AM
if the main ones are hit, then the lesser ones wont be gettin any chakra anyway

not_sponsored
Wed, 12-17-2003, 11:40 AM
So couldn&#39;t he just hit one, and stop all the others completly? The main main chakra place, wherever that is.

Iznogoud
Wed, 12-17-2003, 11:42 AM
Chakra flows onto the entire body...there is no such thing as main chakra place... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

SirCharlesIII
Wed, 12-17-2003, 11:45 AM
i&#39;d assume that &quot;main chakra place&quot; thingy is right in the middle of your torso, like in the diagrams they&#39;ve shown. from there, chakra could perhaps be funneled to the 64 main points, and being that the main place isnt a hole, gentle fist can&#39;t close it.

Krbadass
Wed, 12-17-2003, 12:24 PM
And actually he hit 64 exactly, not 100 something like you said, you don&#39;t add everything he said up, he was just counting as he hit them. he hit 64. and there are 64 main ones, i think its a plot hole actually when kakashi said there was 300 or w/e cause i noticed that too, but its really not big of a deal is it cause we saw what happened?

Jakxx
Wed, 12-17-2003, 12:40 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (not_sponsored @ Dec 17 2003, 10:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> So couldn&#39;t he just hit one, and stop all the others completly? The main main chakra place, wherever that is. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think that would require you to hit his heart... not a very good idea.. at least if you don&#39;t want to kill somebody ;-)

kyuubi
Wed, 12-17-2003, 12:49 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass @ Dec 17 2003, 11:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> And actually he hit 64 exactly, not 100 something like you said, you don&#39;t add everything he said up, he was just counting as he hit them. he hit 64. and there are 64 main ones, i think its a plot hole actually when kakashi said there was 300 or w/e cause i noticed that too, but its really not big of a deal is it cause we saw what happened? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
no, if you go back and watch the episode again, you&#39;ll see that Neji actually hits the number of times he says. when he says 2, he hits 2 times, when he says 4, he hits 4 times..etc...

Krbadass
Thu, 12-18-2003, 02:55 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kyuubi @ Dec 17 2003, 11:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Krbadass &#064; Dec 17 2003, 11:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> And actually he hit 64 exactly, not 100 something like you said, you don&#39;t add everything he said up, he was just counting as he hit them. he hit 64. and there are 64 main ones, i think its a plot hole actually when kakashi said there was 300 or w/e cause i noticed that too, but its really not big of a deal is it cause we saw what happened? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
no, if you go back and watch the episode again, you&#39;ll see that Neji actually hits the number of times he says. when he says 2, he hits 2 times, when he says 4, he hits 4 times..etc... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Nah he hit 64 total, im pretty sure.

snowball
Thu, 12-18-2003, 03:47 AM
Im going to stick with the he hits 64 and that they are main valves so they stop the flow

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 12-18-2003, 05:36 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (snowball @ Dec 18 2003, 03:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Im going to stick with the he hits 64 and that they are main valves so they stop the flow </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
That is also correct. He hit the 64 points where the chakra has to flow through to get into the rest of the body. But as i do study Qi Gong; i am still a bit skeptical about all this, actually i am very skeptical about everything they say about the chakra.

Krbadass
Thu, 12-18-2003, 06:50 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure @ Dec 18 2003, 12:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> when i first saw the move, i took into account both 64 and 128 when i looked back to see what kakashi said, which was over 300 something.....so i drew the conclusion that no matter which one it was, he didnt actually hit EVERY tenketsu in a person&#39;s body. I figured it was 128 myself, but neji DOES say that he hit all 64 points to naruto after he does it </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Exactly you idiots, he SAID that he hit 64, so if he hits more, then its a drawing issue, But really it doesn&#39;t matter in the least bit.

RoMuLuu
Thu, 12-18-2003, 07:11 AM
Yes, I also think that those 64 are just the main/critical/important ones... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

sexy_no_jutsu
Thu, 12-18-2003, 07:24 AM
no, he hits 126 tenketsu. can&#39;t you people see that he hits the the amount he calls&#33; when he says four, he hits 4 times, not 2. when he says 8, he hits 8, not 4. after this, it gets a bit frantic, but you can definately hear a number of hits that is far higher than 16 when he says 32. he absolutely hits over 100&#33;

Moses The White
Thu, 12-18-2003, 07:46 AM
I agree. As he goes through the moves he shouts out the number and hits that many times. I can&#39;t even believe you guys are arguing this. Even if he only HITS 64 tenketsu, he does strike Naruto 126 times.

PoDy
Thu, 12-18-2003, 08:03 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kyuubi @ Dec 17 2003, 08:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hey&#33; This is my first thread, and I really hope its not a stupid question...but there is something in ep 61-62 I dont get. They were awesome indeed, but how did Neji stop the flow of Naruto&#39;s chakra using the 64 hands of Hakke. Neji says he hit all of Naruto&#39;s tenketsu..but he only struck naruto a total of 126 times....and in ep 47, at around 4:35, kakashi cleary states that there are 361 tenketsu...so how could it be that Naruto&#39;s chakra flow had completey stopped. Not the kyubi chakra, but his own, when Neji didnt hit all of his tenketsu...maybe I&#39;m just overanalyzing this? Thoughts, comments, concerns, insults...feel free to throw them... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think this is explaind better in the manga so read chapter 101 or maby it was 102. Anyway it wont spoil since this has already been in the anime BUT not explaind well enough. So read on http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 12-18-2003, 08:20 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Iznogoud &#064; Dec 17 2003, 11:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Chakra flows onto the entire body...there is no such thing as main chakra place... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/unsure.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
There is no such thing as sience in this subject, i&#39;m pretty sure about that.

But as i&#39;m going to Qi Gong i have learned about chakra to some extent. There is in fact a main chakra point where all chakra that flows around in our body comes from. And that is right under our bellybutton where we all have our belt. You often see in Naruto how they have a spiral of &quot;meridian lines&quot; (that is what we call it in qi gong) in the middle of the stomach (where i know that this picture of where the chakra main point is a little off). As i said, it is locaten a little further down.

And really all you would have to do to stop the chakra from flowing which i would believe is difficult is to hit the main points of the meridian lines right in the middle of the source of our chakra.

In qi gong we do something sort of like massage, just a bit different. And we aim for the speciall presure points like Neji do. There is one technique where we lay our hand upon the stomach of the one we are treating (we lay the hand upon the bellybutton to be more exact) and we press with two fingers around our own hand (not on our hand of course). This treatment is really effective to release tention in stomach. But the important thing i&#39;m getting at here is that if the patient is really relaxed which is a must for this to work it will hurt like hell if you press to hard...

These are the meridian points you push, and it really hurts pushing them hard. There are as you know several points to press if you really want to hurt someone. for example (one of the hardest places to get right) is on the ass, sounds strange i know, but if you really get the place, pressing very gentle will still cause an effect and feel painfull, so pressing here will be the worst thing you can go through, i can asure you. Another place (this spot is on the leg and feels much on the right leg for girls and left leg for guys) is 4 fingers above the ankle you have on the side of your foot, the big bone you can feel. It is quite easy to find this spot, just put about 3 or 4 fingers above it and then put your thumb above your fingers and you should have hit the right spot. Press as hard as you can and you will feel the pain in you.

And there are several points on the leg that hurts really bad pressing http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif I&#39;m learning this, and i&#39;m enjoying it very much. And if i want to hurt anyone that i&#39;m treating, i can do it so so easy.

Edit: If you guys want to know, i could ask my teacher about how many tenkestu points there are. She is a very nice person and i do believe that she knows.

infy
Thu, 12-18-2003, 08:34 AM
I just had to reply for this one even when I&#39;m currently in quite a hurry...
But as said in earlier eps, there are 9 gates of chakra from where your chakra flows to your body. And if you stop the flow coming out (by hitting tenketsus) of these you should have stopped the flow of chakra pretty completely.
To those who counted the hits made by Neji, I really hope you had fun doing it... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 12-18-2003, 08:54 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (infy @ Dec 18 2003, 08:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I just had to reply for this one even when I&#39;m currently in quite a hurry...
But as said in earlier eps, there are 9 gates of chakra from where your chakra flows to your body. And if you stop the flow coming out (by hitting tenketsus) of these you should have stopped the flow of chakra pretty completely.
To those who counted the hits made by Neji, I really hope you had fun doing it... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I don&#39;t know exactly what they mean by these gates really, but if they mean that the chakra goes from chakra main point through these points faster when these gates are opened, then that is correct probably.

Well, if they did explain it as it flows from around everywhere, this was a complete lie. But i really do not think so since you see where kyubi chakra starts flowing in Naruto in ep 62, and that is just a little bit of from where it really is.

That is how it really is anyway, only one special point of energy, like your heart only chakra. These 9 gates may be special points for the chakra flow reaching the whole body, but if they are blocked, then it doesn&#39;t stop all chakra in the body as they explained that two of them were in the eyes and in other strange points which i can&#39;t justify.

XForce
Thu, 12-18-2003, 09:34 AM
No Neji only hits 64 because he stated it many times that he hit 64 of his tenketsu. I think what he does is hit the same ones multiple times over again with each set of hits. If you look closely each time he hits the same ones (or around the same area)

infy
Thu, 12-18-2003, 11:10 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XForce &#064; Dec 18 2003, 04:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>No Neji only hits 64 because he stated it many times that he hit 64 of his tenketsu.* I think what he does is hit the same ones multiple times over again with each set of hits.* If you look closely each time he hits the same ones (or around the same area)</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think that makes sense. 64(32(16(8(4(2))))); 64+32+16+8+4+2=126
Perhaps if I was right about the gates in my previous post, then perhaps one could say that the nine-tails is Naruto&#39;s 10th gate.. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/unsure.gif ...or something.

Oh, and i don&#39;t think it would help Naruto if he only had chakra in his head, he doesn&#39;t seem to have any cool eye techniques. So if the flow of chakra is just stopped from entering Naruto&#39;s arms, legs and middle body, it should pretty much prevent him from doing anything.

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 12-18-2003, 11:25 AM
Well, the last place the chakra flow would stop would have to be in his stomach (right below the bellybutton) since that is the source of all chakra.

Cyan
Thu, 12-18-2003, 11:25 AM
As stated when Neji fights Hinata, Kakashi does say that there are 300+ tenketsu points, and that some of them increase chakra flow, while others stop it. Why would Neji hit the ones which increase the flow? There is your explanation, simple as that.

-Edit: spelling (I am so ashamed) http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

Assertn
Thu, 12-18-2003, 01:04 PM
when i first saw the move, i took into account both 64 and 128 when i looked back to see what kakashi said, which was over 300 something.....so i drew the conclusion that no matter which one it was, he didnt actually hit EVERY tenketsu in a person&#39;s body. I figured it was 128 myself, but neji DOES say that he hit all 64 points to naruto after he does it

UcHiHa~SaSuKe
Thu, 12-18-2003, 01:54 PM
did u realy count it?

Jman
Sat, 12-20-2003, 02:35 AM
64 hits or more bleh doesn&#39;t matter

anyways look here at Neji&#39;s 64 hit attack ('http://www.osk.3web.ne.jp/~edp/extra/movie_gcnaruto2/neji01.wmv')