PDA

View Full Version : Orochimaru

Moses The White
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:19 AM
Yeah... i was just wondering:
<span style='color:#D6DBE0'> In the later thirties when they&#39;re having the preliminaries, and Orochimaru is just standing there watching, and then later he pops up behind Kakashi and he knows right away that it&#39;s him.</span>

<span style='color:gray'>why could nobody tell it was him before? with all the byakuugans and sharingans i would have thought someone could see him, or maybe see that he wasn&#39;t part of any group and didn&#39;t take the test and nobody knew who he was and he was so obviously evil...</span>

rEkKaShInObI
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:20 AM
orochimaru must be that damn good. element of surprise baby.

fear_my_jutsu
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:23 AM
well he was in the exam, and nobody knew then but kakshi could have then sinced his power i`m not really sure

DB_Hunter
Wed, 12-17-2003, 08:23 AM
If you notice, Orochimaru had &#39;let his hair down&#39;, so to speak. And he didn&#39;t talk int he prelims did he in the earshot of any of the others. When Kakashi recognised him it was after hearing his voice.... and if they have met before I doubt you would ever forget the voice of someone like Orochimaru.

By the way, this Legendary 3 Senin thing, are all the 3 meant to be from all of the villages or are they just a Konoha thing? I know Jiraiya wears a diffedrent head protector so I was just wondering.

And another thing, Orochimaru told Kakashi that the newly created Village of the Sound was his... how exactly are these villages created? I mean, did he just go to some village someday and say right, you are now offically pwned by me, all heil? And do they get registered with some central authority or something to be given the name sound and be allowd to participate in the inter-village events like the Chunnin exam http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif ?

jing
Wed, 12-17-2003, 08:25 AM
so, what if there were byakugan and sharingan there? is byakugan supposed to see his chakra flow and tell its orochimaru? No.
sharingan doesn&#39;t even fit in here.
not everyone knew who orochimaru was or ever had seen him. they are just 12 year olds, and if they knew about orochimaru what does it matter to them, they just want to pass their chuunin exam.
if u do recall, orochimaru says not to cancel the exam... even if the leaf knew it was him, they wouldn&#39;t do something as risky as cancelling the exam because orochimaru is dangerous

rEkKaShInObI
Wed, 12-17-2003, 08:26 AM
i think your right DB hunter, case closed

villin
Wed, 12-17-2003, 08:47 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter @ Dec 17 2003, 09:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
By the way, this Legendary 3 Senin thing, are all the 3 meant to be from all of the villages or are they just a Konoha thing? I know Jiraiya wears a diffedrent head protector so I was just wondering.

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I don&#39;t know if the answer to this is considered a spoiler so to be safe I&#39;ll use the spoiler tag anyway.

****************Possible Spoiler*************************

<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>The legendary three sennin are exclusive to the hidden leaf village. Jiraiya, Tsunade and Orochimaru were even all in the same team as gennin, their instructor was the 3rd Hokage.</span>
***************End Possible Spoiler************************

hope that helps

PuppetMaster Kankuro
Wed, 12-17-2003, 10:05 AM
The three legendary sennin were all students of hokage, curtosy of the opening credits. So that should tell you that all of them were from konoha. As for Jiriya&#39;s head protector, you&#39;ll find out later.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 12-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Wow... must have been some Genin team.

Moses The White
Wed, 12-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Okay... If Kakashi had met Orochimaru before, I think he would have recognized him. Besides, Akamaru and Byakuugan can sense chakra, and with Orochimaru having so much power I would think that he would stand out a little. If he was using some sort of illusionary technique then Sasuke&#39;s/Kakashi&#39;s Sharingan would have seen through it, unless perhaps he was powerful enough to mask that sort of thing?? I mean, at the matches there were the genin, and the Jounin who were their teachers. So unless Orochimaru was the &#39;Jounin&#39; in charge of the sound genins, which I realize now makes a F***LOAD of sense, then he would be out of place.

[QUOTE] is byakugan supposed to see his chakra flow and tell its orochimaru? No.

Actually, yes. Byakuugan lets the wielder see chakra flow, and someone as powerful as Orochimaru would certainly show up.

villin
Wed, 12-17-2003, 12:08 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PuppetMaster Kankuro @ Dec 17 2003, 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> The three legendary sennin were all students of hokage, curtosy of the opening credits. So that should tell you that all of them were from konoha. As for Jiriya&#39;s head protector, you&#39;ll find out later. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
That&#39;s what I said, only in spoiler format. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Yami Hyuuga Neji
Fri, 12-19-2003, 05:52 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>By the way, this Legendary 3 Senin thing, are all the 3 meant to be from all of the villages or are they just a Konoha thing? I know Jiraiya wears a diffedrent head protector so I was just wondering.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

I believe they&#39;re all from Konoha.. If you look at the third season opening real closely when you see the three kids, you instantly recognize one of them as Jiraiya. But the one with dark black hair, pale skin, and purple markings near his eyes must mean that one of the three legendary senins are Orochimaru. And I think I recall both Orochimaru and Jiraiya originally being brought up in Konoha.. Or at least two. I have no idea who the third female one is, though. =/ Thought I&#39;d just speculate.. Feel free to prove me wrong&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>The three legendary sennin were all students of hokage, curtosy of the opening credits. So that should tell you that all of them were from konoha. As for Jiriya&#39;s head protector, you&#39;ll find out later. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

I just noticed your post, sorry. I basically repeated what you said in a different form.. Lol.. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif Sorry.

<span style='color:purple'>Please don&#39;t double post.. just edit your first one to add what you&#39;ve got to say. Since you&#39;re new, I&#39;ll go easy and just give you a verbal warning this time.</span>

DB_Hunter
Fri, 12-19-2003, 06:34 AM
Orochimaru could have been surpressing his chakra flow, so now one could notice. And anyway, I don&#39;t recall any Sharingan or Byakugan being activated and pointed towards Orochimaru so there isn&#39;t any reason for him to be found anyway.

Though the one person who should have sensed him is 3rd Hokage. surely his former teacher would know his chakra signiture or something.. heck he should have recognised the B-O from his scaly pits atleast http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

RoMuLuu
Sun, 12-21-2003, 03:26 AM
Maybe no-one had noticed it before. And when Orochimaru appeared just behind Kakashi, he felt the chakra so big, that it could&#39;t be anyone else than Orochimaru? Or anyway, I think no-one noticed him before Kakashi.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 12-21-2003, 03:50 AM
One thing though I&#39;m pretty sure back then when I saw Orochimaru as the Jounin Sensei of the sound ninja&#39;s I recognised him.... so it still is a bit of a hole the story I guess why he wasn&#39;t found.

Kirp
Sun, 12-21-2003, 04:48 AM
The thing about the last woman... i remember TenTen talking about some legendary female ninja, i believe it is her... and somehow i just believe its Naruto&#39;s mother... though, just a thought. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

DB_Hunter
Sun, 12-21-2003, 05:46 AM
Man the tendancy in this forum is to relate anyone with blonde hair to Naruto http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

Moses The White
Sun, 12-21-2003, 05:52 AM
A couple things after reading all these posts:

Sharingan is a &quot;constant effect&quot; &quot;always active&quot; &quot;enchantment&quot; type ability with no mana/mind/mp cost. Either Kakashi or Sasuke should have seen him, especially since Sasuke had just finished fighting him.

I think that Naruto had common parents, because not only was he an orphan, but being the son of a sennin would definetely make him more well known, beyond being the container for Kyuubi. If she was his mother, at least the Hokage, her teacher, would know who he was and probably would have said something about it.

Insomniac
Sun, 12-21-2003, 06:02 AM
for one they have to activate their eyes in the first place, it doesnt just happen.
They need a reason to also, they dont just walk around going &#39;hey i&#39;ll look at this person today with my eyes&#39;
And they would have just thought he was some awesome jounin, i mean there were tonnes of jounins around wernt there?
and NO
sharigan isnt constantly active, sasuke uses chakra to &#39;turn on&#39; his eyes, thats why he got hurt when trying when he had the cursed seal - dont you watch naruto? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Kakashi also got tired from using his eye vs Zabuza, thats why he keeps it covered

Shino_i luv
Sun, 12-21-2003, 10:22 AM
orochimaru is funny&#33; he looks like he eats babies for a living and i also think he likes kabuto&#33; or baki&#33; or maybe it&#39;s like jerry springer&#33; and orochimaru is dateing kabuto but cheating on him and married baki&#33; but baki is married to a goat that is cheating on him with a gorilla named joe&#33; oh yea&#33;

Moses The White
Sun, 12-21-2003, 11:34 AM
If sharingan wasn&#39;t always active then Kakashi wouldn&#39;t need to cover it, he could just deactivate. Also, I think that Sasuke needs to activate his because it&#39;s not complete.

Kakashi and Zabuza sensed Naruto&#39;s Chakra when he went crazy on Haku, and Kakashi could tell that Naruto was stronger than him even before that. If Orochimaru is more powerful than the Kage&#39;s, then he would be oozing power and everyone would be able to sense it, no? And even if they didn&#39;t go &quot;oh, that must be my main man Orochi&quot; they should have at least mentioned how strong he was.

EDIT: Plus, Kakashi was able to detect Gaara and know it was him, and I would think that Orochimaru&#39;s &quot;murderous intent&quot; would be MUCH larger than Gaara&#39;s.

Suzuki Fanboy
Sun, 12-21-2003, 12:39 PM
I thought the coolest part of that episode was when Kakashi saw Gaara, and he was just like &quot;Oh, it&#39;s you. Eh.&quot; or something...I would have expected him to freak out. But he didn&#39;t, and it makes me think that Kakashi might be a lot more powerful than we have assumed...I mean, if he was weak, he would have been scared as hell.

Uchiha-Itachi
Mon, 12-22-2003, 02:18 AM
Well Orochimaru can supress his chakra, so byakugan nor sharigan would have noticed it...

And for the Village thing if you have a good status and alot of followers, sure try make your own hidden village, why not? Conquer a piece of land stay control of it and build your own village.

But Sound Village isn&#39;t a &quot;Official&quot; Hidden Village since Orochimaru hasnt gotten Kage status yet, i think all the other Kage&#39;s have to agree with it. something like that. This part is debateble since they never really explained how to achieve all this.

It may be pretty clear by now Orochimaru is feared and very powerfull. If he wasn&#39;t that strong Hokage would already commanded all the Jounins from Konoha to kill him, but he didn&#39;t, cause he knows Oro will pwn the crap out of Konoha.

http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-22-2003, 04:25 AM
Orochimaru, I think we would all agree is a tad bit more sly than Gaara, to say the least. I&#39;m sure he&#39;s not going to be a moron and just reveal his murderous intent everywhere he goes.... he wouldn&#39;t have any stealth as a ninja and he would be useless&#33; As for Gaara, I htink he was just acting freaky as normal.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-22-2003, 05:02 AM
If Oro became a Kage what would he call himself.... PaedoKage http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif ?

forkshy
Mon, 12-22-2003, 12:20 PM
hmmm, well, perhaps the Hokage -did- know that the sound nin was Orochimaru. I mean, it&#39;s possible that he&#39;s knows about all their plans and is setting some sort of ambush to draw everyone involved into the open.

No sense in playing his cards too early, right? he doesn&#39;t interupt when he finds out Naruto stole the forbidden scroll because someone told him to; instead, he waits until his crystal balls reveals the truth to him.

he seems like the type of person who lets things play out and waits until everyone&#39;s done their thing before he makes a move. how likely is it that he didn&#39;t know Naruto was stealing the scroll in the first place?

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-22-2003, 12:54 PM
Hmm I think likely... he probably fell asleep bcos he has nothing better to do http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Insomniac
Mon, 12-22-2003, 01:07 PM
Kakashis sharigan isnt normal, thats why he cant turn it off.
Its not something hes had since birth so covering it is the closest he can get to turning it off.
watch the zabuza arc again if you dont believe me because its clearly stated

Uchiha-Itachi
Tue, 12-23-2003, 03:10 AM
Orokage http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

Jman
Tue, 12-23-2003, 04:32 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter @ Dec 22 2003, 04:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> If Oro became a Kage what would he call himself.... PaedoKage http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif ? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
heheh nice one. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif. that&#39;d really increase Oro&#39;s hold on Konoha.

-shudders-

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>&quot;Come on Milhouse, there’s no such thing as a soul&#33; It’s just something they made up to scare kids, like the Boogie Man or Michael Jackson.”
- Bart
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

ahnonamis
Tue, 12-23-2003, 04:41 AM
What was it Jackson said? Like &quot;The best way you can show you love someone is by sharing a bed.&quot; or something?

Anyway, it&#39;s easy for us to say &quot;Hey look, that sound jounin looks like Oro&#33; Why can&#39;t they see that&#33;?&quot; But you have to remember, almost all of the leaf ninjas don&#39;t know that Oro is there. So if they didn&#39;t expect it, it makes sense they wouldn&#39;t think &quot;That guy over there sure looks like Oro...&quot;

DB_Hunter
Tue, 12-23-2003, 05:53 AM
OK if not Hokage then Anko should have spotted him..... she just had a fight with so she should be able to recognise him more readily than the others.

Moses The White
Tue, 12-23-2003, 06:21 AM
Actually, I have to say that I don&#39;t think Anko or Hokage were actually there when we saw Oro, so it is possible that they wouldn&#39;t have seen him, thus making it impossible for them to recognize him.

JessiA
Tue, 12-23-2003, 10:57 AM
Dude, it&#39;s the whole ignorance loop going on..

You know how in Sailor Moon and all those Magical girl shows they can just transform in the middle of the street and have no one notice them?

It&#39;s just like that&#33;

Plus, maybe Anko and Hokage already knew that the &quot;sensei&quot; was Orochimaru, but didn&#39;t say anything because of his threat.

Shino_i luv
Tue, 12-23-2003, 11:08 AM
Oh yea&#33; but orochimaru would probaly beable to work as a drag queen or a stripper and no one would realize that it&#39;s him&#33; in fact i bet the perverted hermit would probaly make a book for kakashi to read and wouldnt even notice&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif but that would be ... odd...