PDA

View Full Version : macross Q's

Santah
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:07 AM
I own all of robotech on DVD, but I hear the original Macross was a lot better? Is it worth buying it all on DVD as well? After Macross there was Macross II, Macross Plus, Macross 7, and now Macross Zero (awesome anime)?

Could anyone give a brief description of each series, and where it is on the time line etc? Did I write them in order... and why is there a "Macross 7", what happened to 3,4,5,6? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

I've seen the Macross movie - Do you remember love, is that a condensed version of the series?

Thanks.

hybridchild
Fri, 12-19-2003, 02:27 AM
Macross is much much better and well worth buying, youd have more luck asking about all the series on www.macrossworld.com but in short, DYRL is a movie made in universe about the events of space war one. Macross II is basically a bad rip off of DYRL which was made without any imput from the original creators thus is considered non-canon, Plus is about 2 test pilots trying out new Valkyries in an attempt to get a new goverment contract, its more about the relationship between the 3 main chracthers but has great action and dogfights, 7 is set on one of the coloney fleets its about a band named Fire bomber its kinda chessy and starts off pretty slowly but one it gets goin its quite good, Zero is a prequal about the testing of the VF-0 its quite good and has amazing animation

Hope this helps

Hybriochild