PDA

View Full Version : Neji vs Gaara

SasukesGirL
Wed, 12-17-2003, 02:22 AM
gaara of course. his demon inside would go berserk on neji. When fought dosu all u could see was a huge shadow go over him and the roof exploded. neji for sure cant stand a chance. also neji isnt able to do kaiten much...it drains alot of his chakra.

Shaft
Wed, 12-17-2003, 02:25 AM
******NO SPOILLERS PLEASE************

I am not sure if this has been done yet but imagine Naruto lost the match and Neji was up against Gaara next who would win.

I am not sure what other moves these two have up there sleeve but from what we have seen so far who would win.

If this has been done before, could the admins please delete.

Jman
Wed, 12-17-2003, 02:28 AM
My vote is Neji. Tenten said something about his absolute defense being stonger than Gaara's. Not to mention his byakugan and Hyuga taijutsu. I think his 64 hit move could put Gaara out of commission.

rEkKaShInObI
Wed, 12-17-2003, 02:29 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (animemaster @ Dec 17 2003, 01:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> My vote is Neji. Tenten said something about his absolute defense being stonger than Gaara&#39;s. Not to mention his byakugan and Hyuga taijutsu. I think his 64 hit move could put Gaara out of commission. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
wat he said.

Assertn
Wed, 12-17-2003, 02:32 AM
bah, like tenten wouldnt be biased or anything.....she doesnt know anything about gaara http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

also keep in mind, that if the toughest adversary has already been beaten.....then this tournament can only go downhill

Assassin
Wed, 12-17-2003, 02:36 AM
agreed.....besides, neji&#39;s defense is a wall of chakra, and i doubt he could keep it up for very long.....its only for close combat. gaara&#39;s defense however doesn&#39;t require any chakra, and unless neji can move as fast as lee, theres no way he can hope to defeat it.......also, neji&#39;s defense is pretty useless if gaara crushes his entire body with his sand.

im sure it won&#39;t b that easy, but garaa would win, since he has better techniques.

not_sponsored
Wed, 12-17-2003, 02:43 AM
Definitly gaara, his wall of sand gaurds him regardless of his will. Neji may be able to get a few bits of chakra past the sand barrier, but gaara still has his sand armor. Plus, if gaara really cared, he could just enclose neji&#39;s defensive spin thing entirely with sand, then wait till neji runs out of chakra and crush him.

ZakuHan
Wed, 12-17-2003, 02:44 AM
I have no idea.. I don&#39;t like either character.. I&#39;d have to say Gaara though. Neji is fast but Lee was faster, and he lost. Course once Lee got fast enough to pass the sand shield what he needed was STRENGTH, to get through the cheap-ass sand armor. However, I&#39;m waiting to see Sasuke rip a hole through Gaara :D

~Chris

RoMuLuu
Wed, 12-17-2003, 02:58 AM
I voted for Neji, but only because TenTen said that Nejis absolute defence is better than Gaaras, and even Gaara also has good attacks, I think that Neji has even better... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif Also Kankuro knew that for example the Armor of Sand is full of weak points...

Shaft
Wed, 12-17-2003, 03:02 AM
I have voted for Neji but I asked the question because I was not too sure. It looks like it would be a good match though.

I agree with what everyone has said so far and you guys still have me on the fence, so to speak.

I do think his 64 hit move would be useless though since Gaara&#39;s sand armor would stop Neji from blocking Gaara&#39;s chakra thingy.

I do have another motive for this question though. I think Neji is stronger than Sasuke. So let?s suppose Neji can beat Sasuke then I fear the worse for the upcoming match between Gaara and Sasuke. But please stick with the poll question I don&#39;t want to spoil the initial question. I just had to say it out loud or rather type it out loud http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

By the end of this post I want to have had my mind made up about who is stronger between Neji and Gaara, with everyone?s help of course

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 12-17-2003, 03:05 AM
I don&#39;t know if this is correct but, if i&#39;m correct, then it isn&#39;t that Neji is fast that makes it possible for him to keep up with Rock Lee speed (When he is not in Lotus mode) but the fact that his eyes see thinngs quickly and by that he is also quicker on reaction. But then all he can react and do to prevent would be his Kaiten, right? And if that is true, it explains why Rock Lee hasn&#39;t beaten him yet since he hasn&#39;t used his lotus on Neji.

Rock Lee said to Sasuke before that &quot;Even if you can see my moves, it doesnät mean that you can protect and copy them since they are based on Taijutsu&quot; or something like that. And i think the same goes for Neji, since he&#39;s strength lies in his eyes.

And if he isn&#39;t fast enough in hi own attacks, he won&#39;t stand a chance against Gaara&#39;s Sand Barrier, that is a fact if all this is true which i&#39;m not sure about myself. This is just me speculating.

forkshy
Wed, 12-17-2003, 03:34 AM
yeah, remember, Neji would have to be able to -touch- gaara for the gentle fist to work.

villin
Wed, 12-17-2003, 03:53 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (not_sponsored @ Dec 17 2003, 03:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Definitly gaara, his wall of sand gaurds him regardless of his will. Neji may be able to get a few bits of chakra past the sand barrier, but gaara still has his sand armor. Plus, if gaara really cared, he could just enclose neji&#39;s defensive spin thing entirely with sand, then wait till neji runs out of chakra and crush him. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
exactly, couldn&#39;t have said it better myself.

kaigan
Wed, 12-17-2003, 04:16 AM
hard to tell. it would be a good match to see. absolute defense vs absolute defense, that&#39;s going to some shiznit brawling. but once gaara is in neji&#39;s hakke, he&#39;s gone.

villin
Wed, 12-17-2003, 04:40 AM
Gentle fist is useless against the shield of sand. Neji doesn&#39;t have the speed to outmanoeuver it, and if by some fluke he did get past it then the armor is there. We saw during the Lee fight that Gaara can create huge volumes of sand, therefore as was said earlier, simply encase Neji&#39;s Kaiten in a sphere of sand until he runs out of chakra then squish dead.

P.S. Why did ANBU/Aone have to rape a cool move like Kaiten by calling it Whirl.
It makes me sick. Even Heavenly Spin would have been better, although it sounds rather fruity.

spectre270
Wed, 12-17-2003, 04:51 AM
Neji has the speed to dodge the sand The way that rock lee talks about him they have had to have fought before I think that he is faster than rock lee without his secret ability and gentle touch would go right through the sand and hit gaara&#39;s organs not to mention gaara&#39;s not that fast he can&#39;t cover the heavenly spin with sand beacuse it&#39;s just a huge burst of energy plus with nearly 360 degrees of vision not only can he protect himself on all sides but he can see all attacks gaara can&#39;t do the same. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_plasmawhore.gif

SilentSnake
Wed, 12-17-2003, 05:02 AM
I believe rock lee without his weights is faster than neji, after all he was training exactly to beat neji, to achieve that he HAD to be faster.

even assuming that rock lee without his weights and neji would be on the same level of speed (after all he wished to defeat neji BY opening the gates, so it would mean that only with opened gates he would be faster than neji, but who knows... we don&#39;t know for sure) rock lee when was hitting gaara he didn&#39;t try to aim at anything, then imagine that neji would have to break through the sand shield, then he should be fast enough to aim and hit gaara&#39;s tenketsu and besides that we don&#39;t have anu guarantee that sand armor wouldn&#39;t save gaara.

if neji would try to do hakke 64 he would have to be super fast to breach the sand shield every time he try to hit tenketsu, but as we&#39;ve seen sand shield can make a wall of sand and do not have to react at everytime it seems gaara would be hit (sigure the rain ninja, rain of needles... remember??) so we could safely assume that neji would have huge problems with hitting gaara&#39;s tenketsus but I must admit that wall of sand was seen only that one time, but with it gaara would be save.

I must admit that neji defense IS better than gaara&#39;s... BUT it depends.
Kaiten is better in defending at the exact time when neji could have been hit, it consumes a lot of chakra but neji isn&#39;t poor in chakra, but gaara&#39;s sand is the worst thing to neji&#39;s kaiten.
to avoid gaara&#39;s sand neji would have to do kaiten all the time, gaara could send sand in neji&#39;s direction all the time, some of the sand would be mirrored by kaiten and after the while it would be &quot;operative&quot; again (it&#39;s mirrored and then it can attack again), but there&#39;s some sand in that gourd... neji would be doing kaiten and sand would be coming and coming and coming... on contrary sand shield is done automatically and it would block most of neji&#39;s attacks...

I hope u understood my point:P

SasukesGirL
Wed, 12-17-2003, 05:24 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoMuLuu @ Dec 17 2003, 10:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I voted for Neji, but only because TenTen said that Nejis absolute defence is better than Gaaras, and even Gaara also has good attacks, I think that Neji has even better... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif Also Kankuro knew that for example the Armor of Sand is full of weak points... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
haha u gonna believe some lil girl who doesnt know much about the other people? she even thought naruto will lose for sure...tenten lover http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

uzuMaki_fox9
Wed, 12-17-2003, 05:34 AM
I think that it would be Gaara as we havn&#39;t seen his true power yet and he also is in possesion of demon like Naruto. But i would prefer it if Neji won because i don&#39;t like Gaara after what he did Lee http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 12-17-2003, 06:27 AM
Gaara would win, that&#39;s my believe. And tenten only think that Neji is unbeatabe because she is blinded by love or something stupid so she doesn&#39;t realize the through. It makes me so tired hearing her going on about Neji. She should get a life instead of following around in Neji&#39;s life.

Moses The White
Wed, 12-17-2003, 06:58 AM
Okay... Gaara has never been in a real battle ever, because the sand demon/ kazekage protects him. Neji, on the other hand, has a practically impenetrable defense, is very fast, has byakugan, and the tenketsu hit thing. Even though the sand shield uses the kazekage&#39;s chakra, the armor, which i think is more effective, uses Gaar&#39;s chakra and can thus be shut down if his tenketsu&#39;s are closed. Also, the sand shield / desert coffin are slow moving and can be &#39;cut&#39;, as we see in some of the other battle&#39;s Gaara has been in in which he hasn&#39;t killed the other guy outright. I think that there would be no way for Gaara to win. Plus, the only reason Lee didn&#39;t completely kick his ass is that he opened five of the gates and messed himself up. Gaara didn&#39;t deal him any damage until that. And Neji is stronger than Lee anyway. So EAT THAT GAARA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

paran0id
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:03 AM
I think Neji would win.. No real reason why.. Just think so..

Anbu Girl
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:04 AM
Of Course &#33;&#33; ..........Gaara&#33;&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>kaigan
Posted on Dec 17 2003, 03:16 AM

hard to tell. it would be a good match to see. absolute defense vs absolute defense, that&#39;s going to some shiznit brawling. but once gaara is in neji&#39;s hakke, he&#39;s gone.
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

btw, GREAT Sig http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wub.gif I LOVE KYO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

rEkKaShInObI
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:08 AM
dont forget that rock lee is a genius to =D

Noonan
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:17 AM
Neji is prolly my fave character - so it pains me to say it, but

no demon = Teh Loser&#33;

Neji has great chakra control and an Awsome bloodline ability..

But Gaara would own him at his current power level...

maybe 5-10 years from now Neji would be able to take him, but not now.

Serpico
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:30 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shaft @ Dec 17 2003, 10:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I am still not convinced guys I need move help. In fact I am even worse now because I agree with what Serpico has said. She (I assume you are female from your avatar and sig. I apologize in advance if I am wrong and with change this immediately if I am wrong) said that Neji kept up with Naruto&#39;s increase in speed. I believe that.
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Nope Im a guy, the name Serpico comes from the second best character of the Berserk manga, My favorite character is Farnese but I dont want to use a girls name. My avatar is just cuz I like CZ, and my sig is something i drew. Lots of girls use sasuke or kakashi avatars so im not sure thats a good judging point.

Though I defend Neji here I actually like Gaara and Neji just about equally as my favorites except over Lee. Thus I never care who wins most of the time, Lee vs Gaara, or Neji vs Gaara. Both sound like good fights so thats my main concern. I think Neji vs Gaara would have been awesome to see though.

Yozora
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:38 AM
Gaara would win. There&#39;s no way Neji&#39;s Kaiten could hold up against Gaara&#39;s sand well enough.

Besides, TenTen is biased, being the Neji-fangirl she is.

Sigure
Wed, 12-17-2003, 08:00 AM
Sadly I like both...but Neji will win because so I heard that when the sand protects Garaa it doesn&#39;t take chakra, and I doubt Neji is fast as Rock Lee, and if Neji use all his chakra in 64 hits or kaiten he will just run out of chakra and Garaa will win easily...so I guess.

Iznogoud
Wed, 12-17-2003, 08:30 AM
Definitely Gaara...
Neji can&#39;t get past his sand defense...and his defense can get past by sand don&#39;t you think ? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif
Gaara is probably the strongest genin in the tournament...
All he has shown was desert coffin...i guess he has some other justus&#33;

@villin: whirl is good...maybe they could have called it whirlwind http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif aha

jing
Wed, 12-17-2003, 08:34 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kaigan @ Dec 17 2003, 03:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> hard to tell. it would be a good match to see. absolute defense vs absolute defense, that&#39;s going to some shiznit brawling. but once gaara is in neji&#39;s hakke, he&#39;s gone. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
The armor will stop GENTLE fists.........
it probably block chakra from getting into inside.
also, neji is NOT fast enough to get pass his sand shield.
absolute defence vs absolute defence?
well lets see how long neji can spin before he gets dizzy. gaara could just mass him with sand forever over and over again with the SAME sand. 64 is useless if you cant get close. Taijutsu is a bad match up with gaara. unless u have rock lee speed. and NOTHING BEATS THE cheap SAND IN THE EYE. take out neji&#39;s byakugan vision with some sand muauyhaeMUAAHAHAHAHAHA

rEkKaShInObI
Wed, 12-17-2003, 08:35 AM
everyone knows gaara cant fight... he such a wimpy lil shinobi. rely to much on his sand, i betcha he&#39;d be jammn at 1000 mph back to the sand village if his defense was penetrated.

villin
Wed, 12-17-2003, 08:42 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rEkKaShInObI @ Dec 17 2003, 09:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> everyone knows gaara cant fight... he such a wimpy lil shinobi. rely to much on his sand, i betcha he&#39;d be jammn at 1000 mph back to the sand village if his defense was penetrated. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
You don&#39;t know didly about Gaara but you&#39;ll be educated soon enough. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Kakashi-San
Wed, 12-17-2003, 08:44 AM
Sorry to dissapoint all of the Neji fans in here, but have we ever really seen Gaara fight? I mean c&#39;mon during the fight with Lee he pretty much just sat there, I&#39;m sure since, the day of the tournament, the innerbeast inside of Gaara could have eaisly taken care of Neji. I mean he freakin ate that sound guy for breakfast, and Neji no where matches Lee&#39;s speed. So i highly doubt that Neji could kill let alone defeat Gaara

Serpico
Wed, 12-17-2003, 08:49 AM
Kyubi Naruto was more or less the on the lvl of Lee and his gates, so if Neji can keep up with him, he is fast enough to also pass the sand shield, and frankly I dont think sand armor will do anything vs the gentle fist. If it can pass through through the skin it can pass through sand.

And why would Kaiten not work on sand? That doesnt even make sense.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 12-17-2003, 09:07 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serpico @ Dec 17 2003, 07:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Kyubi Naruto was more or less the on the lvl of Lee and his gates, so if Neji can keep up with him, he is fast enough to also pass the sand shield, and frankly I dont think sand armor will do anything vs the gentle fist. If it can pass through through the skin it can pass through sand.

And why would Kaiten not work on sand? That doesnt even make sense. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
sure, what a fantastic tradeoff, have a slight chance for minor damage, and just risk having all your bones crushed by the sand when you thouch it.

Gaara&#39;s defence is so great becuase it&#39;s also his offence, if you try charging at Gaara with an all out attack, you might hurt him, but if you don&#39;t have a way to escape, then your&#39;e good as dead (or half crippeled Lee).

neji 64 point hakka (I refuse to call it divination...) won&#39;t work, cuase the armor of sand will absorb it, and using the gentle fist is risky as well, cuase it&#39;s possible that the armor of sand will be able to absorb it aswell (there&#39;s a diffrence between passing chackra through the skin than through highly packed sand)

Kaiten (heavenly spin is good, divine whirl is bad) will also be useless, cuase there&#39;s always sand below, so Gaara could easily just captue Neji&#39;s legs and force him to stop the spining motion, or else he&#39;ll twist his legs.

Neji is nice and stuff, but Gaara will totally own his X(used to be buddha symbol) - sealed ass and send him to do dishes in the hospital next to lee...

Serpico
Wed, 12-17-2003, 09:23 AM
Lee attacked Gaara point blank against his sand shield for a long time without getting his bones broken or even hurt, he was able to dodge and deflect it and Neji is better than him as well as has a chakra shield if he needs it.

It was not Gaara&#39;s offense that crippled Lee, he crippled himself.

Sand is spherical and therefore impossible to pack so tight there isnt any microscopic opening, which Byakugan is able to see.

As far as I know Neji is standing in dirt not sand. There is not always sand below. If Gaara wants sand below he will have to move it there himself unless they are on a beach.

PSJ
Wed, 12-17-2003, 10:25 AM
gaara of course didnt you see what he did to dosu and what he did to lee. not even neji would be able to keep up with lee in extreme lotus speed but gaara won that fight. and even if nejis defense is stronger than gaara&#39;s gaara got stronger attacks.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 12-17-2003, 11:03 AM
I voted even but come to think of it Neji&#39;s Kaiten would drain his chakra over time. As for Gaara crushing Nejim while is Kaiten is going, that wouldn&#39;t work because the sand would just fly off due to the spinning.

As for Kyuubi Naruto, my theory is that he was only given enough energy by Kyuubi to allow him to keep his current form (i.e. not go fox like when he did against Haku) and fight Neji. Neji probably has attained the highest level of natural chakra a genin his age/size/strength can acheive so Naruto was pushed up to the same level by Kyuubi.

Shaft
Wed, 12-17-2003, 11:19 AM
I am still not convinced guys I need move help. In fact I am even worse now because I agree with what Serpico has said. She (I assume you are female from your avatar and sig. I apologize in advance if I am wrong and with change this immediately if I am wrong) said that Neji kept up with Naruto&#39;s increase in speed. I believe that.
The question then is was Rock Lee faster the Naruto. I think he was so then why did he lose. I think because his gates focuses too much on one move so he would no be able to keep up that speed forever. Naruto is slower than lee I believe but I still think fast enough to give him an advantage therefore I think Neji is fast enough to use that to his advantage. He is also a genius at close combat which would work to his advantage too.

I do agree that Neji can&#39;t use his Kaiten defense all day long but with his speed I don&#39;t think he has to.

Plus he has his Byakugan&lt;--- must be good for something in this match

Assertn
Wed, 12-17-2003, 11:28 AM
does gaara even use chakra for using the desert coffin? normally i would say yeah, but if he was able to attack naruto and shikamaru while his body was binded, then maybe the sand can attack automatically for him as well.....and if thats the case, then even if his tenketsu were pressed, he wouldnt necessarily lose

Shaft
Wed, 12-17-2003, 11:28 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya @ Dec 17 2003, 09:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> gaara of course didnt you see what he did to dosu and what he did to lee. not even neji would be able to keep up with lee in extreme lotus speed but gaara won that fight. and even if nejis defense is stronger than gaara&#39;s gaara got stronger attacks. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I am sorry but I don&#39;t rate Dosu. I think he is lucky to beat Chouji. I don&#39;t think he could beat lee after he took off he training weights. But that?s another topic back to the question at hand.

Shaft
Wed, 12-17-2003, 11:30 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure @ Dec 17 2003, 10:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> does gaara even use chakra for using the desert coffin? normally i would say yeah, but if he was able to attack naruto and shikamaru while his body was binded, then maybe the sand can attack automatically for him as well.....and if thats the case, then even if his tenketsu were pressed, he wouldnt necessarily lose </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
True. First very good point towards convincing me

Avatrix
Wed, 12-17-2003, 01:14 PM
As far as different matches go, we should keep in mind that not all the pairings are transitive. That is, if we have three people A, B and C, we could have the following:

A vs. B - A wins
B vs. C - B wins
C vs. A - C wins

Each fighter, with their assorted techniques, stamina, chakra, strategies, etc., has different strengths and weaknesses. It is not simply a matter of who is the &quot;strongest&quot;. I&#39;m not saying anything in particular here as to who would win a particular battle, but it could be significant factor.

Wren
Wed, 12-17-2003, 01:50 PM
actually for attacks, it has alreaydy been stated that *both* gaara and Neji use chakra for them. Gaara doesnt use chakra for the sand shield, but the sand *armor* uses a lot of chakra and stamina and would wear down on gaara (against Neji&#39;s attacks he would definately be forced to), secondly im sure gaara&#39;s deset coffin takes chakra; the sand shield isthe only thing that doesnt. So that would put both of them using Chakra for their defense as obviously Neji uses chakra for his chakra defense and heavenly spin. Next point would be which would be able to attack better. Well if you didnt know, but sand ges flying in the wind http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif so basically that attack wouldnt work against Neji spinning, or hitting the sand away like Lee or Gai did at the end of lees match. And Neji&#39;s 64 point attack and the Jyuuken i believe would work against Gaara&#39;s sand armor, but it probably wont work against his sand shield as by its nature; its not on gaara&#39;s body, it just surrounds him. And Neji *is* fast; dont u rememeber him zeroing in on Naruto for the 64 points move and when he thought he got the *real* naruto? so i m sure he can catch up or pass gaara&#39;s first defense if its not already up (and if he has that up gaara himself cant attack either). so i think from that standpoint Neji would look stronger, but we all know gaara has somethign else up his sleeve tha the slaughtered Dosu with. And i doubt Neji could compete with a demon, so from what Gaara currently showed he would probably lose, and what he showed against Dosu i think Neji doesnt stand a chance. (sorry this is so long lol http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif ) &gt;Wren&lt;

jakkz
Wed, 12-17-2003, 01:50 PM
i would think gaara in the longrun http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

foreshadower
Thu, 12-18-2003, 03:09 AM
Voted for Gaara...

Serpico
Thu, 12-18-2003, 04:19 AM
Lots of people saying how Neji can only use the Kaiten so many times. Well it seems to actually use very little chakra but in a highly effective manner. I&#39;m pretty sure Neji has a LOT of chakra.

Ok now to the main point. Neji does not have to use the Kaiten at all, unless it is an emergency. Even with no gates open and weights on Lee could still avoid Gaara&#39;s sand attacks pretty well. At the very least Gaara would have to get completly serious for any chance to beat Neji, otherwise it would just be a standoff.

I think Neji&#39;s only weakness was his attitude, and now that Naruto has corrected that for him, I expect to see great things from him in the future.

Jiraiy4
Thu, 12-18-2003, 04:25 AM
lol this is absurd. While Gaara is in his &quot;THING&quot; transforming or w/e...Neji can flow chakra inside dat and hit his organs

DB_Hunter
Thu, 12-18-2003, 04:27 AM
About Gaara&#39;s &#39;demon attack&#39; on Dosu... I&#39;m not sure if it has been mentioned before but if you notice right after that attack when they showed Gaara he was out of breath, so it must not be an attack that he can use a lot during battle if it make him run out of breath from using it only once and that too when he was just sitting previously i.e. not fighting.

Moses The White
Thu, 12-18-2003, 05:29 AM
I think that both Gaara and Naruto are going to be head to head for a while, because of course Gaara can&#39;t be taken out until the Sand/Sound plan is put into action, or else that would be the instant end of a good plotline.

boomorman
Thu, 12-18-2003, 07:57 AM
I wish Neji would win, but Gaara seems much like Naruto and I doubt Nejis 64 hit thing would even slow Gaara down. Nejis fast, but not as fast as lee so I don&#39;t know if Neji would even be able to hit gaara. If Neji was fast enough to get past the sand shield he&#39;d just be hitting the sand armor, and he doesn&#39;t have lee&#39;s open gate str to do damage with or to deliver his chakra. Gaara attacks with sand I don&#39;t know if Nejis def would work vs sand, however if it did Neji would run out of chakra far before Gaara and then gaara would just crush him.

Moses The White
Thu, 12-18-2003, 08:04 AM
I agree with Serpico. There&#39;s no way that Gaara could keep up with Neji. Besides, everything cool about Gaara is actually just the demon/kazekage, not him. I&#39;m sure he doesn&#39;t even have the control to execute Desert Funeral too many times, especially with the Sand Armor taking as much of a beating as it did with Rock Lee.

BTW, not to incite any spoilers or anything, but based on what we&#39;ve seen, what is really inside Gaara? Was the Kazekage infused into him or a demon or both?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 12-18-2003, 09:41 AM
Well so far all that we know is that some ancient demon/evil priest was bound to Gaara at birth by Kazekage, his father. That&#39;s why Gaara is unstable.

Thu, 12-18-2003, 10:11 AM
And for the whole to follow storyline (still to come) Garaa couldnt even lose if is demon was a butterfly.
I dont think Garaa will lose to anyone but Naruto, because both have demon and Garaa is of great importance to the part of the story on the side of Sand and Sound.
And Naruto will ofcourse be of great importance for the &quot;keep safe the Hokage&quot; part of the storyline.

Not that I didnt like Nejji ..well..ok I dint , with his stupid talk ..damn, no real person would believe himself saying that unless he was in a crackhouse.
Fact just is looking at the storyline, Garaa wil remain unbeaten for some while I think.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 12-18-2003, 10:18 AM
Well we know Lee was ultra fast and got past Gaara&#39;s defense&#39;s. It may be that you don&#39;t need to be as fast as Lee to get past Gaara&#39;s shield and Neji could have the speed to get past the shield, though he doesn&#39;t seem to be as fast as Lee. As for the armour completely protecting Gaara, I don&#39;t think that will be the case... it&#39;s like being hit by certain bullets wearing bullet proof vests.... you may not get shot but you may get badly bruised.. which may be enough to break you down enough to achieve whatever objective you have in mind.... as may be the case with Neji&#39;s 64 tenketsu attack against that thin sand armour.

EnergyCallingMe
Thu, 12-18-2003, 12:38 PM
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif garaa

chitgoks
Thu, 12-18-2003, 01:39 PM
neji doesnt stand a chance against gaara and you know it. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif gaara has the sand demon doing all the work for him. if gaara doesnt have the sand demon and relies only in his natural abilities then that&#39;s the time i can say neji will kick his ass.

and as for tenten being biased to neji, we cant blame her since she doesnt know about gaara&#39;s sand demon. she just thought that maybe gaara also used his chakra to create that sand shield much like neji does with his heavenly spin. if she knew about shuukaku, then im pretty sure she&#39;d change her opinion on neji&#39;s and gaara&#39;s so called absolute defenses.

ArazioN
Thu, 12-18-2003, 01:56 PM
Gaara fo shizzle http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/cool.gif reason has been said already... that chakra consuming and stuff http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

UcHiHa~SaSuKe
Thu, 12-18-2003, 01:58 PM
i vote for gaara
till not we still havn&#39;t see his full power yet and at that time when he kill that
sound-nin guy with just 1 blast?

Xollence
Fri, 12-19-2003, 02:46 AM
Of course Gaara. Even Naruto beat Neji, so I doubt Neji is as tough as Gaara.

Krbadass
Fri, 12-19-2003, 02:54 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xollence @ Dec 19 2003, 01:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Of course Gaara. Even Naruto beat Neji, so I doubt Neji is as tough as Gaara. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Naruto is a powerful shinobi, so you can&#39;t just say &quot;even naruto beat him&quot;. Neji is extremely powerful, and has a more affective defense then gaara, it would be a fun match to see, even though it wont happen http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Fri, 12-19-2003, 04:00 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (boomorman @ Dec 18 2003, 06:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I wish Neji would win, but Gaara seems much like Naruto and I doubt Nejis 64 hit thing would even slow Gaara down. Nejis fast, but not as fast as lee so I don&#39;t know if Neji would even be able to hit gaara. If Neji was fast enough to get past the sand shield he&#39;d just be hitting the sand armor, and he doesn&#39;t have lee&#39;s open gate str to do damage with or to deliver his chakra. Gaara attacks with sand I don&#39;t know if Nejis def would work vs sand, however if it did Neji would run out of chakra far before Gaara and then gaara would just crush him. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
U forget that Nejjis rotating defense, simply moves way faster then the attacvks Lee could make.
If he gets close enough he could take out Garaa in a single whirl. Prob is. That would be the &quot;normal&quot; Garaa. I doubt Nejji doing the same thing to &#39;outofcontrol&quot; Garaa

Xollence
Fri, 12-19-2003, 04:45 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (?igma @ Dec 19 2003, 03:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (boomorman &#064; Dec 18 2003, 06:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I wish Neji would win, but Gaara seems much like Naruto and I doubt Nejis 64 hit thing would even slow Gaara down. Nejis fast, but not as fast as lee so I don&#39;t know if Neji would even be able to hit gaara. If Neji was fast enough to get past the sand shield he&#39;d just be hitting the sand armor, and he doesn&#39;t have lee&#39;s open gate str to do damage with or to deliver his chakra. Gaara attacks with sand I don&#39;t know if Nejis def would work vs sand, however if it did Neji would run out of chakra far before Gaara and then gaara would just crush him. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
U forget that Nejjis rotating defense, simply moves way faster then the attacvks Lee could make.
If he gets close enough he could take out Garaa in a single whirl. Prob is. That would be the &quot;normal&quot; Garaa. I doubt Nejji doing the same thing to &#39;outofcontrol&quot; Garaa </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Hmmm... I don&#39;t think it&#39;s any faster than Rock Lee&#39;s attacks... or did it say that somewhere?

Kakashi-San
Fri, 12-19-2003, 05:16 AM
Ahh, but Nejis spining thing isn&#39;t as fast as LEe, when neji is using the spining thing u can still see Neji, but when Lee and Gaara were fighting you couldn&#39;t even Lee. And I&#39;m sure Neji would run out of Chakara quik. Also I doubt seriously Gaara would run out of energy, becouse like Naruto he has another person inside of him. I really doubt Neji could do anything to Neji.

Kakashi-San
Fri, 12-19-2003, 05:19 AM
Sy bout the double post admin plz delete, i meant to say:

Ahh, but Nejis spining thing isn&#39;t as fast as LEe, when neji is using the spining thing u can still see Neji, but when Lee and Gaara were fighting you couldn&#39;t even see Lee. And I&#39;m sure Neji would run out of Chakara quik. Also I doubt seriously Gaara would run out of energy, becouse like Naruto he has another person inside of him. I really doubt Neji could do anything to Gaara.

brightdark
Fri, 12-19-2003, 05:29 AM
there is a difference in movement and rotation

&#39;

besides
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>The speed required to create a shield&#33;&#33;&#33; around urself , meaning a constant VISUAL barrier, just HAS to be greater then the speed even Lee could summon.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
for a rotating object being constantly visual
the rotation does not need to be extremely fast to cheat the human eye

Swedish_Star
Fri, 12-19-2003, 05:41 AM
ARRRRGGGHHHHH Brightdark why did you break the 666 post number&#33;?&#33;?&#33;? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif
Hehe just kiddin&#39;

Neji&#39;s main defence is the chakra pushing away the attack, NOT the rotation. The rotation serves to increase the effectiveness of the Kaiten.

By the way what is this &quot;gentle fist&quot; everyone is talking about? A manga term for Jouken? Is there that many manga readers in the anime forum? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif

http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif rotation, get my point http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

brightdark
Fri, 12-19-2003, 05:49 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Swedish_Star &#064; Dec 19 2003, 10:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif rotation, get my point* http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
good point<u>http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/happy.gif</u>

if the object is a perfect circle (ups not circle but sphere^^;;)
the rotation can cheat the the eye without even rotating at all

DB_Hunter
Fri, 12-19-2003, 06:36 AM
Hmm time to go look up the old Geometry notes hehe.

Nautek
Fri, 12-19-2003, 09:44 AM
It would indeed be a fun match to watch but in the end I think Neji would win. He wasn&#39;t the last year nr 1 rookie for nothing, he is smart and powerfull.

Beautiful Green Beast
Fri, 12-19-2003, 11:08 AM
neh,gaara will win.... Lee lost to gaara and Neji will also do it...

DB_Hunter
Fri, 12-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Lee and Neji don&#39;t use the same fighting techniques, you can&#39;t say he would lose. That way you are saying anybody who is not as fast as Lee would lose, and that&#39;s just silly. Speed may be one way of getting around Gaara&#39;s defenses.

Fri, 12-19-2003, 12:05 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xollence @ Dec 19 2003, 03:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (?igma &#064; Dec 19 2003, 03:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (boomorman &#064; Dec 18 2003, 06:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I wish Neji would win, but Gaara seems much like Naruto and I doubt Nejis 64 hit thing would even slow Gaara down. Nejis fast, but not as fast as lee so I don&#39;t know if Neji would even be able to hit gaara. If Neji was fast enough to get past the sand shield he&#39;d just be hitting the sand armor, and he doesn&#39;t have lee&#39;s open gate str to do damage with or to deliver his chakra. Gaara attacks with sand I don&#39;t know if Nejis def would work vs sand, however if it did Neji would run out of chakra far before Gaara and then gaara would just crush him. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
If he gets close enough he could take out Garaa in a single whirl. Prob is. That would be the &quot;normal&quot; Garaa. I doubt Nejji doing the same thing to &#39;outofcontrol&quot; Garaa </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Hmmm... I don&#39;t think it&#39;s any faster than Rock Lee&#39;s attacks... or did it say that somewhere? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Well simply put.. The speed required to create a shield&#33;&#33;&#33; around urself , meaning a constant VISUAL barrier, just HAS to be greater then the speed even Lee could summon. Lee&#39;s attacks are based on combining strenth and speed into a couple attacks.
The whirl would make a whole new offensive move against Garaa so fast that it gets puched to the side constantly, leaving his only last barrier, the sand-armor open to hit.
It just needs a good combo.
Cant think why Neji wouldnt come up with that http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

AznPerson
Sat, 12-20-2003, 04:33 AM
neji can&#39;t hit gaara&#39;s chakra points cause he has the armor of sand

Moses The White
Sat, 12-20-2003, 05:26 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Swedish_Star @ Dec 20 2003, 11:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> He is stronger than Neji (especially when Shukaka activates, his demon) and his style is a bad match versus Neji&#39;s style. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
When did we hear about this demon? I know he has it, and he did use it on the sound ninja, but I don&#39;t remember much else. Which episode was it?

Iznogoud
Sat, 12-20-2003, 05:34 AM
dont remember which episode it&#39;s in but we do see something about his past, and his dad and stuff...maybe in the 51 when he defeats lee, don&#39;t remember.

Karasu
Sat, 12-20-2003, 06:54 AM
The roof scene where Dosu gets killed is in ep 54.. first time you might see that Gaara has something else than just sand.. the talk about what that might be, Shakuku is in ep 58. But I dont know if its a deamon or &quot;just&quot; an evil spirit.. Different sub groups translats differently, some say just spirit and some say deamon. I so wanna se that thing anyway http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif.

Karasu
Sat, 12-20-2003, 08:47 AM
didnt read thru all the posts but Gaara would win.. Why Neji needs to be pretty close, and I dont see Neji beeing as fast as Lee.. And his 64 point pressure thing wont work if Gaara has suna yoroi on him (No pressure points to push).. Im not even sure if Hyuga&#39;s soft touch chakara releasing fighting will get through that one either. But it would probably be a decent fight to watch.

And Gaara is one angry little mofo so Neji would be in big trouble..

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-20-2003, 09:50 AM
Hey man Gaara doesn&#39;t even show a trace of strategy in what he does... I&#39;m sure he could be outwitted. It could be that his sand shield works by some sort of visual sight, which means you could do a Naruto and get him from below.

Karasu
Sat, 12-20-2003, 10:56 AM
No Gaara dont show alot of strategy in the fights we have seen.. I dont think he has had the need of a strategy so far either. But im sure he can if he has to.. I dont think his sand has a weakness below either, its weakness seems to be ubar speed, but im sure he has things if he wishes to counter thoose aswell, cause im pretty damn sure he has got more things up his sleave than like what 3 things so far 4 including the eye thing.

If you think about the possibilities of things that can be made with the kind of sand Gaara has.. Sand can be shaped in to like anything and I think Gaara knows how to do it too. And I dont think Gaara is at his full potential with the small amount of sand that his gourd has.. Think Gaara in his desert.. Imagine like tons of sand at his disposal, that would be bad fucking news to *.anyone, Im pretty sure about that.

I think alooot of ppl underestimate Gaara and his abilities and thinks he just a cheap lame asshole who cant do anything. But he is made to be Sands triumph card that got out of hand, he is made to kill and to do it well.. And as I&#39;ve said before I very much doubt Baki and the syblings fear of Gaara and talk about him is just some bullshit.

No offence to Neji/Sasuke/Lee/whoever or anything like that but Naruto and Gaara isnt in the same leuge as the rest when both learn how to use their respective &quot;powers&quot; to it&#39;s fullest.

But dont take me wrong Gaara needs to taste failure aswell cause it could probably do him good as well as with Naruto, Neji and Sasuke. He might come to terms with his other self and straighten out his sad past, that might make him even more powerful if he doesnt rely on bloodlust alone.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-20-2003, 11:42 AM
We havn&#39;t seen Sasuke&#39;s cursed seal in proper action yet... we only saw it once against some shabby sound ninjas so we dont really know how powerful it is.

As for Neji and Lee not being in the same league as Gaara, well lee almost had him beat twice in that match and Neji didn&#39;t exactly get pwned by Naruto either.

Swedish_Star
Sat, 12-20-2003, 12:00 PM
I think Gaara would win. He is stronger than Neji (especially when Shukaka activates, his demon) and his style is a bad match versus Neji&#39;s style. The best way to beat Gaara would probably be some sort of mind jutsu, that bypasses his armor completely. I do think that he will die later on, it would be nice ofcourse if he became a nice guy, but I think he will die to remind us of what monsters a cruel society can create.
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_afro.gif

Karasu
Sat, 12-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Gonna do a spoiler alert for the first thing since ep 63 heavent been subbed by anbu/aone yet so yeah you get it..

<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>No Naruto didnt own Neji cause he isnt in total control over kyuubi or he cant use his chakara really good as he might in the future.. thats kinda what the serie&#39;s is about i guess. And Naruto was angry at Neji but Naruto isnt Gaara so I doubt Naruto would go 100% against someone like Neji in the first place. He is too caring and nice at heart.</span>

************ END possible spoiler **************

And you ppl must lay off the Lee almost finished Gaara.. That fight is over and will never happen again I guess. That fight just shows what Lee can do, not what Gaara is capable of.. Baki was relived that Lee just got a hand and a leg crushed and was happy nothing more happened.. As he said after the fight.. so Im guessing Lee is a lucky one.

But if Gaara isnt more at all than we have seen both Lee and Sasuke will be able kick his ass.. But im really sure he is in the series for something else than that.

And Sasukes cursed seal. Im not an expert on that one nor Sasuke. But in my impression the cursed seal dont make him insanly strong he gets a burst of chakara and str but I wouldnt go so far as to compare it to what Shukaku might be and Kyuubi. Naruto if he can use Kyuubi for real real, he will get insanly strong Im sure of that.. But cause we dont know what Shukaku is or can do for/with Gaara I cant say for sure.

I just base theory&#39;s of Gaara by what Kazekage have done, who is the same as Hokage, the leader/strongest in their country/village to be their villages triumph card in times where their village got betrayed by their country lord.. He has probably choosen a Spirit/Deamon comparable to Kyuubi and he possesed Gaara with it. And that is waay different than to seal something in.. Seal is holding back something but Possesions in my impression can probably go all out. And cause Gaara seems to be really I mean reaaly unstable that is probably something that is more dangerous than what Kazekage had figured and hence probably why he tries to murder his &quot;son&quot;.

Man it would suck ass if gaara get beaten now by like Sakura or something http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif.. In that case the author have made a terrible unessecary char with story and background to let it end with something like that.

Bah longass post again.. uff

Kabuto
Sun, 12-21-2003, 04:18 AM
Gaara would so own Neji with his sand.... Neji can&#39;t even penetrate Gaara even with his hakke 64 but Gaara can probably go through Neji&#39;s Kaiten

rEkKaShInObI
Sun, 12-21-2003, 04:39 AM
sorry to say this, but as cool as neji is, gaara would win, even though he cant fight for crap. he just has to stand still, mumble his crap, and break neji&#39;s leg and arm like he did to rock lee. the guys is the worst shinobi ever, betcha hanabi can whoop him in a boxing match...

DB_Hunter
Sun, 12-21-2003, 10:13 AM
Lol Hanabi..... I wonder how Neji would react to her....

ad4mz41
Thu, 12-25-2003, 04:48 AM
Gaara.

*kibakun*
Fri, 12-26-2003, 04:36 AM
Yes as much as i hate on gaara for killing dosu and hurting rock lee i understand gaara would deffinitely win. and of course he has a demon inside ofhim did you see that werd black spirit that rose from his body at the roof. poor dosu didnt see it coming.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 12-26-2003, 04:56 AM
Well he did see it coming it&#39;s just that he couldn&#39;t do jack about it http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif .

Nautek
Fri, 12-26-2003, 10:15 AM
I pity Gaara, he seems to had a really bad childhood. And wonder how&#39;s that demon looks =)

Uzumaki Kakashi
Fri, 12-26-2003, 10:21 AM
im just going to say one thing. i havent read the rst of this thread but i think gaara would win against neji but neji could give up some fight because he is amazing but he would run out of chakra fater during kaiten for a while but gaara is usinbg the sand defense without his chakra control.

ok thats it for now

Episode6
Fri, 12-26-2003, 11:30 AM
gah&#33; Animemaster, you&#39;re using my custom made dancing kakashi&#33;

Jiraya
Sat, 12-27-2003, 04:04 AM
if neiji can gently fist Mr gaara, then, demon or not, there&#39;s no opportunity for gaara to win .

what do you guess when u cross 2 freak with absolute defence ?

well 2 rocks i think ...

Sasuke-kun!
Sat, 12-27-2003, 11:45 AM
gaara would win... gaara is a demon... neji can&#39;t stop that... he&#39;s weaker... and anyways... his kaiten uses a lot of chakra... for gaara his sheild happens automatically... neji would lose http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_gap.gif