PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Berserk Manga Question

KakashiSensei
Mon, 12-15-2003, 06:00 AM
thats funny, testing the waters, It took me 2 months to get that copy of the berserk manga in a second printing b/c it was soo crazy popular .

Legato 2057
Mon, 12-15-2003, 06:41 AM
As good as the manga is, it is quite a bit more graphic than the anime. There are multiple scenes of rape, (child rape even), and it can be violent on a level that can warp someone with a a weak mind. As good as the story is, it is not something most parents would be ok with their children reading. Many in America still view comics (manga is a form of comics) to be for children, not the hobby of a mature adult. As we both know, this is a false assumption. It is my opinion that the people at Dark Horse also believe this to be false, but I also believe that the higher ups-the ones who controll the $$$$-had their doubts as to the marketability of the Berserk manga. They were obviously wrong. Berserk has been a huge hit over here, and I am sure that they will bring out the rest of the manga.

This is only my interpretation of the situation of course.

KakashiSensei
Mon, 12-15-2003, 10:06 AM
guess what I completely agree with you on all points. I hate the assumption that comics are for kids. And when they see this Berserk manga they are going ot shit bricks. Dark horse is different as they have always put out mature themed Comics to begin with.

And on how graphic the manga was I found that out when i read the part about the young girl getting impaled by a spear and the guy drinking her blood. But it takes alot to bother me.

KakashiSensei
Mon, 12-15-2003, 01:21 PM
Hey guys i just bought the First Book of Beserk that was released in North America. Does Vol 2 start at the end of Vol1 that I have. And were can i find these as i was only able to get Vol 4 to current from the hawks. Please someone help

TIA

Legato 2057
Mon, 12-15-2003, 01:50 PM
The Hawks stopped distributing vol 1-3 since those are the only ones being released by Dark Horse right now. The reason for this is that Dark Horse is still unsure about the marketability of Berserk, so they are testing the waters with the first three volumes. If they sell well, they will release more.

Guizmo0
Tue, 12-16-2003, 03:01 AM
well can ya download volume 1-3 somewhere ????

Locke
Tue, 12-16-2003, 09:10 AM
I don't know, the time when they killed a village, impaled them all with spears, then kept them on the spears when attacking guts and whatnot... I'd say that was worse. How about the goat and the sespool? Anything involving Wyld...

rockmanj
Wed, 12-17-2003, 02:00 AM
well, i mean, if u mention that, u goota talk about the gangbang on caska...that warped me for a week....i couldnt even sleep http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

rockmanj
Wed, 12-17-2003, 03:07 AM
well, i use to run both a fserve on mirc, and a ftp...since i have 1-25, but i dont know any other way to get them, sorry

KakashiSensei
Wed, 12-17-2003, 04:00 AM
do you still have an FTP?

KakashiSensei
Wed, 12-17-2003, 10:22 AM
shit i have to read this manga. Does anyone know were i can get the vol 2+3 please????????? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

rockmanj
Thu, 12-18-2003, 03:47 AM
not anymore...but i might set one up again, if i can find smartftp again

Trip
Fri, 12-19-2003, 02:38 AM
http://mangadb.com/ ('http://mangadb.com/')

has(had) them, but they seem to have exceeded their bandwidth at the moment, try again next month.

KakashiSensei
Sun, 12-21-2003, 10:45 AM
Thanks man I'll try then

Neo32
Sun, 12-21-2003, 01:30 PM
lol... i can get the entire manga from a small shop within walking distance of my home... of course i am in singapore and somehow the comic is now banned here, but tahts beside the point lol....
oh... anyone read the BASTARD manga before? or heard of it? the story goes that the original artist drawing the manga went mad... cos the manga was really TOO graphic and his apprentice had to end off the story for his sensei

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 12-23-2003, 03:35 AM
man i was really hoping that i can dl the mangas forberserk but dam gess i can gess il try next month and shit but dam the manga is tooo fukin graphic i mean there was that5 one chapter where they showed that goat demon thingy having a gangbang with the ladies of the castle and shit but still i wish that i can still get them to read

Neo32
Tue, 12-23-2003, 10:36 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KakashiSensei @ Dec 23 2003, 12:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> What thats insane, I didnt know that, are you sure about that. I know the creator was big on 80&#39;s metal though. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
well it was all word of mouth so i raelly am not sure... but berserk is great though... lol read to the point where griffith transforms... woah... the landscaping... hehe and the cannon dislocating Gats arm... sheesh.. that was lame... lolx...

hmmm hate d/led manga. takes ages to read and d/l the next copy... good old paper does well for me.

KakashiSensei
Tue, 12-23-2003, 01:22 PM
What thats insane, I didnt know that, are you sure about that. I know the creator was big on 80&#39;s metal though.

N0M4D
Wed, 12-31-2003, 04:46 AM
Well i dont know if we can talk about P2P apps in here but i see vol.1-25 on emule right now. you can dl the hawk release of vol.1 on it too.

HerioMortis
Thu, 01-08-2004, 02:46 AM
Manga 1-24 in english right Here ('http://www.otaku-tensai.com/index.php?page=mangascan')

hiddenpookie
Thu, 01-08-2004, 01:00 PM
wow i cant find it looked for it sorry

pandaexpress79
Mon, 01-12-2004, 04:11 AM
berserk vol 2 hits the selves on Wednesday(1/14) this week if anyone plans to actually buy the manga like myself...

Uzumaki Naruto
Fri, 01-23-2004, 03:59 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HerioMortis @ Jan 8 2004, 01:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Manga 1-24 in english right Here ('http://www.otaku-tensai.com/index.php?page=mangascan') </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
omg thank you

Gaara of the Desert
Sun, 01-25-2004, 05:46 AM
The downloads arent working properly for me T_T do I need a download manager or such?

samsonlonghair
Sun, 01-25-2004, 01:54 PM
My sincerest thanks. They don&#39;t sell any manga where I currently live. Hell, I can&#39;t even find old stuff on the shelves. I once asked about Ranma 1/2 and the response I got was &quot;what&#39;s mangy?&quot;

Gaara of the Desert
Mon, 01-26-2004, 04:48 AM
I fixed the problem, except it wont let me download 21-24, anyone know where I can get that and 25/26?

Adam-Kun
Mon, 01-26-2004, 11:40 AM
two words *SUPPORT BERSERK*

and buy the damn thing ...Jesus...ITS WORTH IT...

KakashiSensei
Tue, 02-10-2004, 03:27 AM
agreed but untill i can get the volumes i want to read i will read scanslations of them

oh and to get the other volumes www.thehawks.org

angieness
Tue, 02-10-2004, 07:27 AM
Please everyone buy the manga and support DarkHorse&#33; I already bought the first 2 volumes and I would love to see the rest come out&#33; I intend on downloading some of the manga but I&#39;m still going to support the manga. It wouldn&#39;t be a big deal if we knew DH was definantly releasing the whole series, but at the moment we don&#39;t know. Anywho the money goes to support the artist, so all you guys even if you download it please buy the original manga too

angieness
Wed, 02-11-2004, 07:26 AM
haha that I can understand&#33; I&#39;m not ashamed of my Berserk because most people interested in looking through my manga anyways understand that it&#39;s an awesome series. But if not they can deal with it heh

Berserk Ayato
Wed, 02-11-2004, 08:46 AM
Ive been a Berserk fan for a while, im glad with the US release of the DVD&#39;s it&#39;s finally getting more fans. Always wishing for that second season.

Anyways since i live in the Us, i buy the books as well as reading it online, i like to have the manga in my collection, and tangeble.

As for Darkhorse, they havent done a super great job, but they did do a good job, i hope they licence the rest, i heard sales were doing really really good. However they should put them out faster every 3 months kinda sucks. considering there are already 26 volumes in japan.

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 02-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Normally I do buy manga I like, but this is one kind of manga you don&#39;t want to display on your bookshelf.

If anyone picked it up to casually flip though it, you would be branded as nuts and they might have you commited.

I will stick to buying Naruto, One Piece, and Rurouni Kenshin in Graphic Novels.

KakashiSensei
Thu, 02-12-2004, 03:08 AM
yeah they had to do 3 printings here in Canada to cover demand for the Managa. the comic book store owner said he couldnt keep it in stock. So I cross my fingers