PDA

View Full Version : Frog summoning

psychoaznboi
Sun, 12-14-2003, 02:29 AM
If naruto summon the frog in the stadium, would there be enough room to support? and how would the story goes if naruto summon the frog. exaples: audience reaction, neiji, hokage-same, sakura, and eveyone knows naruto.

Suzuki Fanboy
Sun, 12-14-2003, 02:36 AM
I think that if Naruto summons Gamabunta, everyone will be totally surprised, obviously. I mean, he was taught how to summon it from Jiraiya, a legendary Senin, so it will obviously make everyone take a step back and re-evaluate Naruto's actual power.

SeGee
Sun, 12-14-2003, 02:47 AM
but the actual question was if the frog will fit =) well in the world of naruto, everything is possible lol..

Darkflare
Sun, 12-14-2003, 02:49 AM
well..you can kinda control how big the frog is by how much chakra you use....but i dont think naruto can control his chakra enough to do that

SeGee
Sun, 12-14-2003, 02:50 AM
yea, but then it wouldnt be gamagunta.. then it would be some other frog. gamagunta cant be made in a smaller size..

HimizujinEternia
Sun, 12-14-2003, 02:57 AM
I think everyone would be more surprised that Naruto can use the same summoning as the Fourth Hokage than the fact that he merely performed it. And, of course, for my two cents on the size thing... Gamabunta would most certainly NOT fit.

Darkflare
Sun, 12-14-2003, 02:59 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SeGee @ Dec 14 2003, 01:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> yea, but then it wouldnt be gamagunta.. then it would be some other frog. gamagunta cant be made in a smaller size.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
never said it would be gamabunta.

boomorman
Sun, 12-14-2003, 03:06 AM
Naruto already beat Kiba, Neji, and Used Kyubi power in front of everyone. Nothing about naruto should shock them. Summoning must be hard, but not THAT big of a deal Kakashi summons dogs Gai summons turtles. Might be something you need to learn to become a jounin, and he already has one jounin skill why not another?

Suzuki Fanboy
Sun, 12-14-2003, 03:11 AM
It&#39;s a very big deal for a GENIN to summon GAMABUNTA.

Gamabunta is legendary. The only people who can summon Gamabunta have signed the scroll that Jiraiya had...right? And those were all legends, I would think.

EDIT: And no SeGee that wasn&#39;t the only question he asked. Re-read the first post.

psychoaznboi
Sun, 12-14-2003, 03:12 AM
Then how does he able to summon the frog at the pit scene. Does it takes both chakra to summon it?

Iznogoud
Sun, 12-14-2003, 03:32 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (boomorman &#064; Dec 14 2003, 02:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Naruto already beat Kiba, Neji, and Used Kyubi power in front of everyone. Nothing about naruto should shock them. Summoning must be hard, but not THAT big of a deal Kakashi summons dogs Gai summons turtles. Might be something you need to learn to become a jounin, and he already has one jounin skill why not another? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
No, kakashi uses a scroll for his summoning...
Anyway, frog summoning isnt just summoning stuff, it&#39;s real animals that have made a contract with those who signed the scroll with their blood.
And they appear when called by the summoning...
By the way, it seems gai can summon stuff too, remember when naruto&#39;s team and Lee met ?
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_dribble.gif

RoMuLuu
Sun, 12-14-2003, 04:23 AM
If he summoned Gamabunta at the stadium, of course the audience would be extra surprised, and even scared. Second, when Naruto uses the summoning technigue, it doesn&#39;t always make Gamabunta. Summoning Gamabunta takes nearly all of Kyuubis chakra, so it&#39;s very much possible thet it mostly makes a smaller frog. And also there would be a risk... Would Naruto be able to control Gamabunta perfectly? Even Jiraiya said that he can&#39;t control it too well. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Kagari
Sun, 12-14-2003, 04:28 AM
yeah, there are a bunch of frogs that can be summoned....Jiraiya summoned a smaller one to beat Ebisu http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

and all the little tadpoles and half frogs were all from the same plane, i think.

Suzuki Fanboy
Sun, 12-14-2003, 04:39 AM
But now that Naruto signed the scroll, he can summon Gamabunta, and I don&#39;t see him summoning anything smaller in the Chuunin exam.

Iznogoud
Sun, 12-14-2003, 04:43 AM
summoning gamabunta would be dumb as it would use way too much chakra and he can&#39;t control him...
By the way summoning seems to be quite used by powerful nins...
Orochimaru uses snakes
Jiraiya uses frogs
Gai uses turtles and kakashi uses dogs(well seems so, used em vs zabuza)

psychoaznboi
Sun, 12-14-2003, 05:00 AM
yea, but then gambunta says that it alright to share his power w/ naruto, after he gave a good fight staying on the frog. the size of the frog can not be change. the hermit just summon different type of frog.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 12-14-2003, 05:02 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (psychoaznboi @ Dec 14 2003, 02:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Then how does he able to summon the frog at the pit scene. Does it takes both chakra to summon it? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yes, if you look closely, when he is summoning Gama Bunta, blue chakra comes out first at the top then red chakra appears beneath.

SeGee
Sun, 12-14-2003, 05:05 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darkflare @ Dec 14 2003, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SeGee &#064; Dec 14 2003, 01:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> yea, but then it wouldnt be gamagunta.. then it would be some other frog. gamagunta cant be made in a smaller size.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
never said it would be gamabunta. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
yea, but the question did

Darkflare
Sun, 12-14-2003, 05:29 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SeGee @ Dec 14 2003, 04:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darkflare &#064; Dec 14 2003, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SeGee &#064; Dec 14 2003, 01:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> yea, but then it wouldnt be gamagunta.. then it would be some other frog. gamagunta cant be made in a smaller size.. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
never said it would be gamabunta. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
yea, but the question did </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
actually the question doesnt say gamabunta either http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif it just says &quot;the frog&quot; meaning it could be any frog

Suzuki Fanboy
Sun, 12-14-2003, 06:05 AM
Gamabunta respects Naruto. After that whole debacle with Naruto seconds away from staying on Gamabunta&#39;s back the entire day, I think that Gamabunta, if summoned by Naruto, would work with him. And why would Naruto summon anything other than Gamabunta if he does end up fighting Gaara?

Darkflare
Sun, 12-14-2003, 06:08 AM
because gamabunta probably wouldnt fit and naruto would need to summon a smaller frog instead

DB_Hunter
Sun, 12-14-2003, 06:21 AM
Hey if a fairly small frog could beat Ebisu a Jounin then I don&#39;t see the need to summon Gama Bunta to beat Gaara if he doesn&#39;t pull out his demon.

Iznogoud
Sun, 12-14-2003, 06:23 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter @ Dec 14 2003, 05:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hey if a fairly small frog could beat Ebisu a Jounin then I don&#39;t see the need to summon Gama Bunta to beat Gaara if he doesn&#39;t pull out his demon. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I agree on that...

Suzuki Fanboy
Sun, 12-14-2003, 06:28 AM
But would they actually show Naruto fight Gaara and not have Gaara pull out his monster, or whatever? No. That would be stupid.

I do, however, agree that he would summon a smaller frog because Gamabunta might not fit. But I still somehow expect him to summon Gamabunta.

SilentSnake
Sun, 12-14-2003, 06:40 AM
I think summoning gamabunta would be a too much chakra waste.

I believe gamabunta respects naruto, but not to the point were naruto summons him whenever he wants... it would be his trumph card when naruto doesn&#39;t have any choice, when he&#39;s in life threatening danger and has no other choice, after all i think that when gamabunta would be summoned just because naruto wants to win some stupid (well maybe not stupid, but after all not so important) tournament, gamabunta would be reaaaally pissed off at naruto and he could lose gamabunta&#39;s respect.

after all i believe that at this point summoning a frog of jirayias frog size would be more than enough, and would save a LOT of chakra.

btw. sorry for bad english:P

Suzuki Fanboy
Sun, 12-14-2003, 07:17 AM
If Gaara&#39;s &quot;monster&quot; comes out, Naruto&#39;s life will most certainly be in danger. But I see your point.

It will be interesting to see what size frog he summons when the time comes...I&#39;m almost tempted to go into the Open Discussion and ask, but I&#39;ll wait http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Frixgog
Sun, 12-14-2003, 07:26 AM
But he has to summon gamabunta. I really hope he uses it to save the town against a spastic gaara in his stupid shadow (haven&#39;t actually seen it) form. If he summons gamabunta then somehow the fight made its way out of the stadium. If he doesn&#39;t summon gamabunta I&#39;d be damned sure it wouldn&#39;t be enough to break the sand barrier. Also, Jaraiya probably trained that frog for a very long time and he summons that frog the majority of the time, and that&#39;s why it beat closet-pervert. So he needs a frog that can destroy the sand barrier.

Also, to say that summoning gamabunta took almost all of kyubi&#39;s chakra, you are saying that the fourth hokage had chakra enough to summon gamabunta and enough to fight the fox and enough to perform the naruto seal? Jesus, the hokage had a lot of chakra. I honestly believe that kyubi could summon the frog and still have insane amounts of chakra left. You are asuming that kyubi gave naruto all his chakra in the pit. He probably only gave him enough so that Naruto&#39;s child body wouldn&#39;t explode. Also, Naruto was given more chakra in episode 62 when he even claimed &quot;I feel stronger than when I trained&quot; (i.e. I have more chakra).

The only way gamabunta is getting summoned is if he does it outside the colliseum. No question. And if he goes up against gaara and he&#39;s about to die, hopefully he goes nine-tails like he did with haku. But I&#39;m thinking the writer is trying to prove that naruto is more resourceful than back then, and he doesn&#39;t need kyubi as a crutch.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 12-14-2003, 07:56 AM
Even if Naruto&#39;s life is in danger I wouldn&#39;t think he would summon Gama Bunta, he would just use the Kyuubi chakra for himself and fight the other guy. Maybe if he had another run in with Orochimaru and his snake would he summon Gama Bunta.

Come to think of it does the King of Snakes also talk like GB?

Kagari
Sun, 12-14-2003, 07:59 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Frixgog @ Dec 14 2003, 06:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

The only way gamabunta is getting summoned is if he does it outside the colliseum. No question. And if he goes up against gaara and he&#39;s about to die, hopefully he goes nine-tails like he did with haku. But I&#39;m thinking the writer is trying to prove that naruto is more resourceful than back then, and he doesn&#39;t need kyubi as a crutch. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yeah, i agree 100%. Naruto is starting to develop his skills more, and Kyubi will only be a trump.....dire situations, like against uber-powerful neji.

jing
Sun, 12-14-2003, 08:01 AM
I think it will fit. Cuz think about how many people are in the stadium and think about how many Naruto kagebunshins it takes to stand on froggy&#39;s back.

Elessar
Sun, 12-14-2003, 09:09 AM
Just to clear a few issues:

The contract is not with Gama Bunta but &quot;The Frogs&quot;. So Naruto can decide which frog to summon.
He just ended up summoning Bunta because he has too bad chakra control.

Jiraiya may have done a lot, but he has deinetly not trained Gamabunta.

Darkflare
Sun, 12-14-2003, 10:27 AM
hmmm...gamabunta is really big, so i think a smaller frog would still be able to break his sand sheild

Frixgog
Sun, 12-14-2003, 11:44 AM
I guess I&#39;m riding on the assumption that hokaku or whatever the name of the cleric that&#39;s in gaara is not a sissy. I&#39;m assuming he&#39;s able to create one tough barrier and the only way to break the barrier is by a massive force that cannot be provided by anybody except for something only a couple sizes smaller than gamabunta. But honestly, if I was Naruto, I&#39;d go the extra mile and bring out a guy I&#39;ve already made a deal with and not some other damned frog that I have to befriend yet again. Besides, Naruto could force the fox to give him all the chakra by taking the chakra kyubi gives, using it all to summon gamabunta, putting himself in a position to die, then getting more chakra to do more stuff with...bah..it&#39;s too easy to manipulate kyubi. I&#39;m waiting to see if kyubi starts cutting some deals with Naruto instead of bending over forwards constantly and giving him the chakra for nothing in return.

And if you guys think for one second kyubi should have to pay in chakra to stay in a body-and a really really cramp, damp jail cell-you&#39;ve got another thought coming. Kyubi should tell Naruto he can just go die, at least then the fox would have some leverage. Bah. I&#39;m done with this.

riftwing
Sun, 12-14-2003, 12:02 PM
Well Kyubi only gave him a little bit of his chakra just because he thought Naruto was brave for being the only one to stand up against him. To Kyubi, the ammount of chakra he gave to Naruto was next to nothing considering how much chakra he really has. Also this keeps Naruto alive and thus also keeps Kyubi alive so apparently it still cares about its life.

Frixgog
Mon, 12-15-2003, 04:19 AM
If you say that if it took 1/10&#39;s of kyubi&#39;s power to summon Gamabunta then kyubi wouldn&#39;t be known as the ultimate destructive force then what exactly are you implying? Are you saying that it should take less or take more? It would be silly if it took more than 1/10&#39;s (that&#39;s a huge chunk, by the way). And it seems the reason they sealed it up was because it couldn&#39;t be killed or else they would&#39;ve done it. So he&#39;s got to have waaaaaaaay more chakra than 1/10 of a gamabunta summon, it&#39;s just that he&#39;s giving Naruto the very maximum his body can handle at the time. I know I know you&#39;re going to start bringing in the &quot;He had more chakra when he fought Haku&quot; and you&#39;re right, he did. But that was fueled by anger, not immenent death or possible victory. Need to take that into account.

Edit: Isn&#39;t it a bit strange that we argue the physics and reasonings behind some artists minds and a cartoon? I&#39;m not saying that we shouldn&#39;t do it, but doesn&#39;t it just seem a little.....pompous?

Uzumaki Naruto
Mon, 12-15-2003, 04:39 AM
you know wut wud be kewl if he was able to summon a frog with 2 kitanas as it weapons yea thats right a ninja frog it can be done

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 12-15-2003, 05:02 AM
Has anyone else besides me considered the fact that Kyubi might not be so evil as everyone says. I mean, he works on logic and not on pure evil. And why would a badass destructive force be impressed by a kid which is to cocky for his own good telling him of?

I think that incident when Kyubi went crazy that day has some great reason for Kyubi as well. And i do think that Kyubi can be a nice little fox, all depending a lot on Naruto&#39;s future actions.

And as someone said already, Gamabunta doesn&#39;t take 1/10 of Kyubi&#39;s chakra. If he did, then there would be no reason to call him &quot;the ultimate destructive&quot; force.

SeGee
Mon, 12-15-2003, 05:40 AM
that the fox is nice? the story is based on it being evil and we have seen when naruto faces him that he isnt exactly nice http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Noonan
Mon, 12-15-2003, 06:36 AM
I really wonder about Kyuubi too - I hope at some point we get some better info on what exactly Kyubi was doing loose in the world and why it attacked the hidden villages...

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 12-15-2003, 07:39 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Frixgog @ Dec 15 2003, 04:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> If you say that if it took 1/10&#39;s of kyubi&#39;s power to summon Gamabunta then kyubi wouldn&#39;t be known as the ultimate destructive force then what exactly are you implying? Are you saying that it should take less or take more? It would be silly if it took more than 1/10&#39;s (that&#39;s a huge chunk, by the way). And it seems the reason they sealed it up was because it couldn&#39;t be killed or else they would&#39;ve done it. So he&#39;s got to have waaaaaaaay more chakra than 1/10 of a gamabunta summon, it&#39;s just that he&#39;s giving Naruto the very maximum his body can handle at the time. I know I know you&#39;re going to start bringing in the &quot;He had more chakra when he fought Haku&quot; and you&#39;re right, he did. But that was fueled by anger, not immenent death or possible victory. Need to take that into account.

Edit: Isn&#39;t it a bit strange that we argue the physics and reasonings behind some artists minds and a cartoon? I&#39;m not saying that we shouldn&#39;t do it, but doesn&#39;t it just seem a little.....pompous? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Of course i meant it would take less than 1/10 of Kyubi&#39;s chakra... And maybe it is a lot of bull in the story, but i do study Qi Gong, and there are a lot of stuff that do add up to what they say in Naruto.

For example, the chakra flow in our body is something going on, sure not something we can really explain, but touching certain places and putting presure on them do make us feel either worse or better. We all know about acupuncture, and it uses these presure points to release tention in our body. And controlling our chakra may not make it so we can walk on walls or stuff like that, but it enables us to feel better and have a better balance in our body; thus &quot;chakra control&quot;. There are some things in Naruto that makes sence and has some facts in it.

Vagabond
Mon, 12-15-2003, 07:48 AM
i have a question? At the beginning of the series it shows a guy on a frog fighting the Kyuubi? Is that Jiraiya on gamabunta or is it someone else?
hmm i have to watch it again.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-15-2003, 08:02 AM
That&#39;s the 4th Hokage.

Vagabond
Mon, 12-15-2003, 08:31 AM
Is his name on the scroll? And if it is why would it be before Jiraiya&#39;s?

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-15-2003, 08:59 AM
I would assume it is on the frog contract scroll.

Is Jiraiya&#39;s name right before Naruto&#39;s?

psychoaznboi
Mon, 12-15-2003, 11:00 AM
yea, jiraiya was behind naruto.

jing
Mon, 12-15-2003, 12:20 PM
how can jiraiya be behind naruto? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif it cant..

psychoaznboi
Tue, 12-16-2003, 10:27 AM
i mean before, and naruto probably stronger than jiraya

Assertn
Tue, 12-16-2003, 10:36 AM
that was an error of AA&#39;s.....there is supposed to be a name between jiraiya&#39;s and naruto&#39;s.....which would most likely be the 4th&#39;s

psychoaznboi
Wed, 12-17-2003, 04:52 AM
wat will happen if he sumon gamabuta

DB_Hunter
Wed, 12-17-2003, 04:58 AM
Gama Bunta will pop out http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Moses The White
Wed, 12-17-2003, 06:37 AM
I think that if Naruto was to summon a frog, it would definitaly (sp) be G_____, because so far whenever someone uses their best power they use it to the max, and I also think that Naruto is beginning to save things until when he really needs them (like how in the fights with Neji and Kiba he didn&#39;t start using jutsu until he had been hit a few times). Also, I get the feeling that G_____ would listen to naruto because he respects his power and would just want to indulge the little genin because it would be funny.

rEkKaShInObI
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:04 AM
is the frog boss actually on naruto&#39;s side? i thought he lost the lil bet though. =&#092; remember he fell off at the last minute?

Moses The White
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:10 AM
Oh... I guess that&#39;s my bad. Three of the eps i have don&#39;t work (29, 51, and 57), and I only got to see the beginning of 57, which is when Naruto rides G_____. I just assumed he succeeded because he does at everything else.

rEkKaShInObI
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:13 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Moses The White @ Dec 17 2003, 06:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Oh... I guess that&#39;s my bad. Three of the eps i have don&#39;t work (29, 51, and 57), and I only got to see the beginning of 57, which is when Naruto rides G_____. I just assumed he succeeded because he does at everything else. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
why dont you just say the whole name instead of G____?

Moses The White
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:14 AM
cause i cant remember it. I&#39;m doing a few to many things at once. Gamabunta Gamabunta Gamabunta. okay, i think i got it.

psychoaznboi
Wed, 12-17-2003, 08:48 AM
lol