PDA

View Full Version : GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka

Mayunosuke
Sat, 12-13-2003, 07:16 AM
As I only started watching a lot of anime last year, i've missed some series so I've had to do a lot of searching for older things, and one of them was Great Teacher Onizuka, I know there are 43 eps and that movie, but is that it? Does the manga go further?

Yan_Wang
Sat, 12-13-2003, 09:25 AM
yes

EnergyCallingMe
Sun, 12-14-2003, 07:59 AM
OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFFFFFFFG there is a movie???????????
WHERE WHERE ME must have it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkflare
Sun, 12-14-2003, 11:16 AM
i watched gto live action $ it was really good in my oponion

Cecildragon
Sun, 12-14-2003, 11:41 AM
isn't the moive was live action if it anime I must have it!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

StAn|SeRv
Sun, 12-14-2003, 11:47 AM
get them here.

http://drama.afraid.org/japan-tv/torrent_archives.html ('http://drama.afraid.org/japan-tv/torrent_archives.html')

Darkflare
Sun, 12-14-2003, 01:33 PM
theres a live action special too. i have both and i love it all

Arcn3ss
Fri, 01-09-2004, 04:33 AM
Ok can someone clearify something

Manga - 15 volumes
Anime - 43 episodes

What is the Specials and Movies? Are they both Live action? Is there anymore ANIME specials? or Movie?

pandaexpress79
Fri, 01-09-2004, 07:02 AM
there are 25 volumes of manga 43 anime eps (1st ep 1hr long) specials and movie both live action and a 12ep live action series and there is currently no anime specials/movies which is ok... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif i guess the anime ending is ok but the manga continues the story its good... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif i guess

lilphatboi88
Mon, 09-04-2006, 12:44 AM
I just finished watching the anime series and I need some advice. Some people said that the live action is good, but I just dunno if I can forget the anime Onizuka and replace him with a live japanese dude that acts as him. Will there ever be more on anime?

Munsu
Mon, 09-04-2006, 02:56 AM
I haven't seen the live-action, but I've heard a lot of good things about it. As for more anime, I really doubt it, chances are practically zero.

You can always read the manga.

dragonrage
Mon, 09-04-2006, 03:00 AM
wait there are GTO specials and movies? shit this is news to me. This was one of the more enjoyable anime that i have watched. Now i have to go an search for them.

thanks Arcness, the information is 2 years old, but damn, thanks man.

Lucifus
Mon, 09-04-2006, 03:02 AM
Whats GTO? I've heard of it from you guys but never checked it out. Great Teacher something right? Based on the series I watch. (You all should know em) You think I would like this anime?:rolleyes:

Munsu
Mon, 09-04-2006, 03:06 AM
Yeah, Great Teacher Onizuka...

And Great Teacher Onizuka is a must watch for anyone who likes anime, no matter what their prefferences may be.

dragonrage
Mon, 09-04-2006, 03:08 AM
lucy : it is called Great Teacher Onizuka, and it is a barrel of laughs with alot of episodes with morals, taught but one of the most moral less man you can find. Well not really, he is really good at heart and well he is a fellow dumbass, so I have to support him.

There is everything, perversion, action, crazy stunts, ghost stories, loves, failure, dissapointment and much much more. The seires is kinda weird at certain parts but is it an awsome watch. I watched it about a year and a half ago and i still remember it, so that alone should tell you how much i liked it.

It is worth your time.

Munsu
Mon, 09-04-2006, 03:10 AM

Yeah, fuck Arcness, he wasn't the one that provided the information.

Lucifus
Mon, 09-04-2006, 03:11 AM
Thanks, with a recommendation from you and bud, its gotta be good. Getting a43 1-43.:D

dragonrage
Mon, 09-04-2006, 03:13 AM
Ok can someone clearify something

Manga - 15 volumes
Anime - 43 episodes

What is the Specials and Movies? Are they both Live action? Is there anymore ANIME specials? or Movie?

Budweineken
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonrage

Yeah, fuck Arcness, he wasn't the one that provided the information.

lol, nice, well the above comment is what is gathered that there was a movie and specials from, I don't really know who actually provided it in the first place, I am guess it was you, If that is the case, thank you bud. :p

Edit: thank you darkflare then, you have made my day, Sorry bud for assigning the praise to the wrong person :p

Munsu
Mon, 09-04-2006, 03:18 AM
It wasn't me, it was the posters above him, if you had actually READ the thread you would know.

Lucifus
Mon, 09-04-2006, 07:51 AM
Holy Shyt!!!(Counterstrike style with the echo)
The first episode owned! This is one of the greatest anime of all time! Why didn't anyone recommend this to me before!:D

Gonna pull an all nighter with the rest of the eps. Will comment later. :cool:

Kraco
Mon, 09-04-2006, 07:56 AM
Holy Shyt!!!(Counterstrike style with the echo)
The first episode owned! This is one of the greatest anime of all time! Why didn't anyone recommend this to me before!

What are you talking about? If you want to buy a limousine, nobody needs to recommend you Rolls-Royce. Likewise this series really doesn't need to be recommended separately.

Lucifus
Mon, 09-04-2006, 09:36 PM
What I meant was I had no clue what the anime was about and didn't hear much about it. On ep 11 atm and i'm saying this is one of the greatest series of all time!

Bud, DR, thanks for the recommendations. :D

dragonrage
Mon, 09-04-2006, 09:56 PM
no problem I am glad that you like it. It is wicked cool after all. Lucy

Dark Dragon
Mon, 09-04-2006, 10:15 PM
after you finish the anime, please go read the manga lol, reread the entire thing if you can, the anime left out alot of the good stuff and it end at volume 19 in the manga while the manga itself is actually 25 volume. Personally i just do it because i'm a freak for completion but i like the manga ending alot more then the anime.

miko24
Tue, 09-05-2006, 05:50 AM
does anyone know where i can download this?

Dark Dragon
Tue, 09-05-2006, 09:37 AM
www.boxtorrents.com

lilphatboi88
Tue, 09-05-2006, 03:08 PM
How's manga reading?

I tried it once, and never really liked it because there wasn't any action. It gets me confused quite a bit of times.

Bucket
Tue, 09-05-2006, 04:57 PM
I just started this anime. It's looking good so far-- some great moments-- but I hope the jokes don't get tired like they did in Excel Saga.

Munsu
Tue, 09-05-2006, 05:11 PM
The jokes in GTO are only a small portion of what makes it an extraordinary anime, so wether they become old or not is of no issue.

Bucket
Wed, 09-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I see what you're saying.
If anyone's curious: I started this at the same time as Azumanga Daioh. GTO is winning by four episodes.

Lucifus
Wed, 09-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Man, that was a great series. Wish the ending had more to it but the series itself made up for it. The anime deserves alot more praise than just this but I'm really tired from watching all the eps, so I'm gonna catch some ZzzZzz and see if I can find the ovas/movies on Youtube tommorrow.

Bud, DR, I tip my hat to you two for the recommendations...:D :cool:

Edit: Snap, the specials/movies are live action, theres no way in hell you can replace The Great Onizuka with some random japanese dude! Its an insult! Hmm, I'll check out the manga to finish the storyline.

Kensee
Fri, 09-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Man, that was a great series. Wish the ending had more to it but the series itself made up for it. The anime deserves alot more praise than just this but I'm really tired from watching all the eps, so I'm gonna catch some ZzzZzz and see if I can find the ovas/movies on Youtube tommorrow.

Bud, DR, I tip my hat to you two for the recommendations...:D :cool:

Edit: Snap, the specials/movies are live action, theres no way in hell you can replace The Great Onizuka with some random japanese dude! Its an insult! Hmm, I'll check out the manga to finish the storyline.

Well try out the live action a bit, its related to GTO series so it shouldn't be all too bad =D.
Yeah and go to the manga to finish the story =D.

NM
Fri, 09-08-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm only on episode 7 right now of the Live Action, but I can say right now that it is fucking awesome. I'm enjoying it just as much as the anime. I still need to check out the movie of GTO and eventually I'm going to buy the anime boxsets since this series is worth it. I'm going to get on the manga eventually as well. I really want to read the prequel to the series (forget the name...). But in all, GTO is very enjoyable and I highly recommend it. :cool:

Dark Dragon
Tue, 09-12-2006, 07:26 PM
the Live action is great, about the only thing i don't like about it is that Urumi does not make an apperance, she is one of my favorite character.

Kraco
Tue, 09-12-2006, 07:36 PM
She doesn't? That sucks. Well, I still gotta check the live actions out at some point, if they indeed are so good as you say.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 09-13-2006, 06:42 AM
don't get me wrong, the live action is indeed good but it's not the same kind as the anime, if you go into it with expectation from the anime chances are you won't enjoy it. I would say if you are going to watch it pretend like you never seen the anime before and just watch the show for itself.

Kraco
Sat, 09-16-2006, 05:32 AM
Just watched the first episode of the live action. It was pretty good. Certainly you can see it's based on the same story, but man I wonder if I ever can really become accustomed to the Japanese live action. Honestly, the Japanese easily make the best voice actors in the world, but their live action acting is on a par with some better amateur stuff in the West. Or maybe it's just so different that it looks that way to me. Who knows, the time I have been around genuine Japanese people is somewhat limited, and has always happened here in the West, so maybe they are like that in the normal life in Japan, and I'm just a blistering ignorant fool.

But I will certainly watch this whole thing. Despite everything I said, it's also strangely refreshing, even if it looks slightly odd in my eyes.

David75
Sat, 09-16-2006, 05:43 AM
GTO was with Initial D my first series I dared to download, ep by ep at first... as I was not patient enought to DL a whole serie...

And I Have to say that wathching all of the 43 eps of this series was a blast! I was laughing lot of times in front of my screen, with my wife not understanding... as she was watching television in another room.
I was unlucky enough to watch 2 eps on French TV, my God why are people authorized to trash a story and chara design like that? It was an insult to the japanese culture and the arc of the GTO story itself... Voices and way of speaking of french suburbs, with local codes... very in the spirit of Japan isn't it?
I made myself a promise: never try again a low quality sub or dubbing... that's why I keep on watching anime subbed in english, as I have choice of quality in subbing.

For the live action, I tried my best watching the first 2 eps, but his was way over my limits... and I had to stop because it was so poorly acted and so boring, but that's just my opinion ;)

Pandadice
Thu, 08-13-2009, 11:57 AM
so i just watched this.

i had heard about it, and how good it was, and everyone told me i should watch it, and when i finally started everyone was like "wait, you haven't watched that?!". but anyways..

so i thought the first half of the series was pretty good, kinda mediocre, but good. then there came in the middle somewhere the introduction of that heterochromic blond chick, who i couldn't stand, and made me wanna stop watching. but then after that it went back to being okay, but then towards the end it got super awesome, and then the last episode was like amazing! the last ep was so good, and such an awesome way to finish the series out.

overall, though the last parts of the series are probably more of a 10/10, i'm gonna give it an 8/10 just because it did have it's ups and downs..

Ryllharu
Thu, 08-13-2009, 03:27 PM
then there came in the middle somewhere the introduction of that heterochromic blond chick, who i couldn't stand, and made me wanna stop watching.
Blasphemy! Urumi is the sole reason that GTO is such a good series.

The back and forth relationship she has with Onizuka, even after he resolves the issues she has, constantly breathe life into the series.

That and Urumi's victory (sometime in the future) is all but absolutely assured.

Of course, the anime doesn't have Urumi's best arc as I recall correctly. They don't get that far.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 08-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Even without Urumi's best arc, she made half the anime for me.

She is a genius.

She is hot.

She is naughtily evil.

What else could I want?

Pandadice
Fri, 08-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Blasphemy! Urumi is the sole reason that GTO is such a good series.

The back and forth relationship she has with Onizuka, even after he resolves the issues she has, constantly breathe life into the series.

That and Urumi's victory (sometime in the future) is all but absolutely assured.

Of course, the anime doesn't have Urumi's best arc as I recall correctly. They don't get that far.

what? no, Onizuka is hands-down, what made this such a good series.

after her initial arc, and Onizuka teaching her that she does actually value her life, she did get better and was tolerable. mainly just because she hung out with Kikuchi and didn't do too much. though i must admit one of my favorite parts of the series was Onizuka's pairing of her with the Gundam otaku... that was just too awesome.

what made the series for me, would definitely be the Uehara and Yoshikawa relationship development.. maybe i'm just developing a thing for tsunderes, but as soon as i saw her on the beach in that first episode of them at Okinawa, i knew that by the end of their trip she was gonna realize her feelings for yoshikawa, and sure enough she did.. that was just too good. and then after that, they were able to pull off an amazing ending to the series...

but anyways, yeah, ueharaXyoshikawa ftw.

Even without Urumi's best arc, she made half the anime for me.

She is a genius.

She is hot.

She is naughtily evil.

What else could I want?

naughtily evil? she blew out the schools windows. she shouldn't even of been allowed to go back D:

plus shes not even hot.. Uehara was definitely the best chick. not even as a tsundere, just visually she would be my top pick. also heterochromia isn't hot, imo..

shinta|hikari
Fri, 08-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Well let's just say that debating hotness is retarded, because it is obviously a preference.

What part of the word "evil" do you not understand? Adding naughtily does not make it good you know. In fact, it characterizes her as someone who would do evil for the sake of her own amusement.

Or maybe you just don't get the appeal of evil? Well, that's fine too.

oyabun
Fri, 08-14-2009, 01:35 AM
Urumi is one of my favorite character. Her story is really interesting and unique. And her relationship with Onizuka is so funny, plus she is hot according to my own preferences. I also like how devoted and loyal she is to Onizuka.