PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 197 Discussion

Nine Tailed Demon
Sat, 12-13-2003, 03:45 AM
It's translated!! DISCUSS!!!

Nine Tailed Demon
Sat, 12-13-2003, 04:01 AM
At narutofan.com ('http://narutofan.com') by the way...

oscar
Sat, 12-13-2003, 04:29 AM
nice chapter, but if the other two sound shinobis fight against kiba or shikamaru, i think they got screwed, too bad it took so long to end this fight, also i wonder if the spidey is dead, or still able to move?

Elite Hentai
Sat, 12-13-2003, 04:52 AM
He is unable to move because his tenketsu was pressed, not dead.

Better than previous chapter.

Nine Tailed Demon
Sat, 12-13-2003, 04:54 AM
I think Neji will either heal himself and catch up with the others/medical nin comes and heals him bringing along Chouji's dead body/Neji takes energy from the sound nin to heal himself and catch up/neji just catches up with the other, hurt.

By the way, someone was right sending chakra through the web! http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

makkura
Sat, 12-13-2003, 05:00 AM
enjoy that small victory http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

by the way, why was my thread locked last week ? was it because i said i beated you ? are a mod and a sore loser ?

in any case, i don't give a damn, i just aim to please !

that was a great chapter, i thought that he would send his chakra along the web, but i also thought that he would pull the web thus bringing kidomaru to him, he didn't do that though.

so now i'm wondering....will he kill him ? or just be on his way ? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif

Mut
Sat, 12-13-2003, 06:35 AM
ummm...what the hell happened. how did spider sound just fall down all of the sudden and did that one hit to the forhead from neji make him revert to his original self?

Destroyor
Sat, 12-13-2003, 06:42 AM
Everybody was right on sending chakra through the web ... this chapter is so predictable ... not that I didn't enjoy reading it.

Boo http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

primalspas
Sat, 12-13-2003, 06:48 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dazzz @ Dec 13 2003, 05:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ummm...what the hell happened. how did spider sound just fall down all of the sudden and did that one hit to the forhead from neji make him revert to his original self? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
he fell down because neji used his jyuken (sp?) to fry the web producing glands in his body and probably fried some other things in the body too, and he reverted because it is implied that neji did the 64 hakke thing and all his tenketsu were pressed and no chakra could flow properly.

Hotsuma
Sat, 12-13-2003, 12:08 PM
Well, Neji won. Hah@you haters

JonioAgoGo
Sat, 12-13-2003, 12:30 PM
Pretty predictable, however, I&#39;m more interested in seeing Kiba fight. And hopefully getting more of a back story on him.

Insomniac
Sun, 12-14-2003, 02:08 AM
Neji won without making up some new unknown attack
*proud*

Strider
Sun, 12-14-2003, 02:49 AM
Neji did his thing. Very good chapter. I was a bit disappointed with the intro-page teaser, with Rock Lee on it. Then, not a moment was spared to reveal anything on his situation.

It was predictable that Neji would send his chakra through the web. But, it was very nice to see it all played out as it was. The final touch was deadly. Neji truly put all he had into the finalizing blow to the forehead. I believe Neji should kill Kidoumaru, though, since I only believe he is badly injured. Not on his deathbed, like the Hyuga.

I await only Shikamaru`s battle, now. And, Sasuke`s revival from his &quot;death.&quot; I do not particularly care for Sasuke, I simply want to see what this whole wait is about.

Ninja vanish.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 12-14-2003, 03:02 AM
I believe that we&#39;ll see the trio attacked in the next chapter, Naruto will stay back to fight the enemy for two chapters, and will win easily, but when he randevous with Shika &amp; Kiba he&#39;ll find that they have been beaten to near dust and have to be treated to, chapter 199 will end with Naruto facing the decision of wheather going after Sauke or to do the chunin thing, which is bringing his teammates back to the leaf village. and Chapter 200 will have sasuke getting out of the box and halfly surrender himself to ORO, while Naruto gets back to the village and reports the failture of the mission.

Jiraiy4
Sun, 12-14-2003, 04:03 AM
i didnt get this chapter...did neji win for good?

Noonan
Sun, 12-14-2003, 04:32 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JonioAgoGo @ Dec 14 2003, 12:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Pretty predictable, however, I&#39;m more interested in seeing Kiba fight. And hopefully getting more of a back story on him. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yipe - lets not make the Kiba fight another 12 chapters please http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Save Flashback no jutsu for latter -

I want big doublesized episode of the beatings to happen in 200.

Sameway Naruto/Neji started in 100

Daniel of Lorien
Sun, 12-14-2003, 04:38 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Dec 14 2003, 02:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I believe that we&#39;ll see the trio attacked in the next chapter, Naruto will stay back to fight the enemy for two chapters, and will win easily, but when he randevous with Shika &amp; Kiba he&#39;ll find that they have been beaten to near dust and have to be treated to, chapter 199 will end with Naruto facing the decision of wheather going after Sauke or to do the chunin thing, which is bringing his teammates back to the leaf village. and Chapter 200 will have sasuke getting out of the box and halfly surrender himself to ORO, while Naruto gets back to the village and reports the failture of the mission. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think you may have pinned down what is probably going to happen... though I don&#39;t know about Sasuke going to Oro... more likely to go after hiw brother with his new found powers... this is so... dark jedi influenced... sigh

Nine Tailed Demon
Sun, 12-14-2003, 05:23 AM
Glad I&#39;ve neva seen Star Wars then.... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Guizmo0
Sun, 12-14-2003, 05:39 AM
i think its gonna be 4leafs vs 2sounds then the sounds beat akamaru and kiba then shikamaru pulls out his new trick BUT its a dubble edged sword so then shikamaru is out of the picture but 2 sound nins down. Then the box opens with sasuke and his new powers vs NARUTO .

if you dont get what i just typed .. read it over http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Blight
Sun, 12-14-2003, 07:29 AM
mabie the kiba fight will be one ep and the shikamaru fight will be 2. perhaps they will have a joint battle over 3 eps and finaly for the 200th episoid naruto will fight sasuke.

that sounds about right 200th episoid they are bound to do something probaly the naru- sasuke fight

JonioAgoGo
Sun, 12-14-2003, 08:08 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Dec 14 2003, 02:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I believe that we&#39;ll see the trio attacked in the next chapter, Naruto will stay back to fight the enemy for two chapters, and will win easily, but when he randevous with Shika &amp; Kiba he&#39;ll find that they have been beaten to near dust and have to be treated to, chapter 199 will end with Naruto facing the decision of wheather going after Sauke or to do the chunin thing, which is bringing his teammates back to the leaf village. and Chapter 200 will have sasuke getting out of the box and halfly surrender himself to ORO, while Naruto gets back to the village and reports the failture of the mission. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I think this is pretty accurate, but I think Naruto and Kiba will stay behind to fight one of the sounds, while Shika pursues the other holding the coffin, in hopes of using his new Jutsu to stop the last sound long enough for the others to catch up and rescue sasuke.

Naruto and Kiba, having fought each other, should know how each other fights, thus making them a pretty deadly combo, maybe having naruto use Kage Bunshin and Kiba having Akumaru at his side.

I&#39;m sure Naruto&#39;s clone skills alongside Kiba&#39;s fighting style would be pretty deadly.

In the end, Shika is stuck with few seconds left while holding the sound, having no one from his team show up yet, he decides the best decision is either something EXTREMLY drastic, or to abandon sasuke, and save his team mates.

fear_my_jutsu
Sun, 12-14-2003, 08:48 AM
i don`t fell like predicting the next few chapters but i think that the next sound nin will be like extremely powerful and they will need to team up or someone will come and help the sound nins out, like the group itachi belongs to (i ferget the name akitsu er somethin* anyway i thought that the chapter was pretty kewl except it was predictable also i really hope that we find out a lot more about kiba cause he`s a pretty interesting character, also whoever said that chouji was dead, its not fer sure that hes dead he could`ve just fainted. i don`t think anyone will die on this mission

Zaytan
Sun, 12-14-2003, 11:21 AM
So its gonna be Kiba vs. the swearing chick for 3 - 4 more chapters. Then Shika and Naruto vs. Sasuke and the crossdresser

XwingRob
Sun, 12-14-2003, 01:25 PM
Neji pwned.

KevKoN
Sun, 12-14-2003, 01:42 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dazzz @ Dec 13 2003, 05:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ummm...what the hell happened. how did spider sound just fall down all of the sudden and did that one hit to the forhead from neji make him revert to his original self? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
have you read the previous 196 chapters or did you start with this one?

hoob
Mon, 12-15-2003, 02:07 AM
I&#39;m not much at predicting what will happen and all, but I&#39;m of the belief that Kiba&#39;s fight will be next...then Shikamaru. Kiba will probably fight the crossdresser, and Shika will have to fight the girl, cause that&#39;s been the trend for him. I don&#39;t remember him ever having fought anyone else other than a girl..so yeah. And Naruto will end up having to open the coffin or whatever with Sasuke inside. Sasuke will have been all pumped up and after a long battle will probably defeat Naruto, but stop himself from killing Naruto..and then, who knows from there.

DDBen
Mon, 12-15-2003, 02:19 AM
Being this is officially Neji Week having both of his main fights in the series end this week I figure I&#39;ll comment.

This chapter in my opinion was horrible. I&#39;m not a Neji fan he&#39;s definatly pompus and instead of him learning anthing and using it in this fight we have the flaws in his technique shown. I honestly hope Neji dies. we have seen that he&#39;s learned nothing new at all. So basically he&#39;s a genius but he&#39;s already reached his potential. Also being there basically doing them in order of power here as to who fights when why in gods name is Kiba still standing. Kiba lost to a exhausted naruto who because of a fart. However Kiba has also atleast trained he&#39;s learned something he thought would catch him upto Naruto even after seeing his fight with Neji so I&#39;m expecting big things from this new technique. Overall this chapter to me was just predictable to the point it wasn&#39;t believeable. Neji had been hit so many times one would think that he would have bleed to death. Even if he didn&#39;t lets look at the fact he was working with knowing where the objects that were hitting him came from or the fact that he was hit in the back several times at differn&#39;t angels.

I atleast the next fight is a bit better. I also would like to note I understand why the Genin&#39;s are winning but we are talking about oro&#39;s elite troops who could contain the 3rd and oro in a deathmatch with multiple jounins trying to get in. So why are they being killed or atleast beaten to near death with such relatively minimal effort by a bunch of genin&#39;s?

XwingRob
Mon, 12-15-2003, 02:36 AM
I think Shikimaru will fight the girl since that seems to be his unescapable destiny. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

shikamaru__
Mon, 12-15-2003, 02:39 AM
Cool ending to Neji&#39;s battle but it was way to short, it felt like it was over in a second. But none the less it was it was still cool.

samsonlonghair
Mon, 12-15-2003, 04:08 AM
Ah, poor Shikamaru. He&#39;s going to get a reputation as a woman beater or something. Anyways, I&#39;m just glad that Shikamaru may fight next. It&#39;s great to see my favorite character fight.

Uzumaki Naruto
Mon, 12-15-2003, 04:08 AM
ok i gota say neji got my earned my respect for him now at first he was just a show off who picked on hinata who was weaker then him but now he has proovend himself werthy of being called kik ass and kewl but man i hope that the spider guy just dies and give s him no moer trouble so that he can have sometime to relaxe and catch up to the rest of the group later on weep weep http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif same goes for chouji he has earned my respect to he can also be called kik ass

Noonan
Mon, 12-15-2003, 04:28 AM
Well - Neji admitted that his wounds are fatal (just not immediately fatal) - so I don&#39;t think he&#39;ll be catching up anytime soon -

Time for a Tsunade Guest appearance or this series is going to have a lot smaller supporting cast soon...

Raven
Mon, 12-15-2003, 05:23 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DDBen @ Dec 15 2003, 01:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I also would like to note I understand why the Genin&#39;s are winning but we are talking about oro&#39;s elite troops who could contain the 3rd and oro in a deathmatch with multiple jounins trying to get in. So why are they being killed or atleast beaten to near death with such relatively minimal effort by a bunch of genin&#39;s? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Relatively minimal effort? You consider (near)death, complete body shredding and 99% chakra drainage minimal effort?

And I think the sound nins are very strong when teaming up, e.g. containing the 3rd and Oro, but when they fight singly the gennins can match them. These are pretty special gennin, though.

p3psi
Mon, 12-15-2003, 06:14 AM
I dont think i can stand another 1 on 1 match.

either they take a break and show rock lee&#39;s story, or show what happened to choji.

JonioAgoGo
Mon, 12-15-2003, 09:22 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CmDr_RavEn @ Dec 15 2003, 04:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> These are pretty special gennin, though. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Neji, Naruto and Shikamaru are probably the most special of the group. Neji, the Hyuga mastermind, Naruto the Nine-Tails/Stamina freak, and Shikamaru the just plain genius.

But what of Chouji and Kiba? Obviously, Shikamaru saw the potential in Chouji, since he worked with him. But Kiba? Is there something about him we don&#39;t know? As far as we know, there is nothing special about him, he is just the ninja with the dog. He isn&#39;t a genius, or has a demon inside him, or a special jutsu we know of. Will we see something spectacular come out of this dog boy?

SDShamshel
Mon, 12-15-2003, 09:37 AM
Well, there&#39;s probably hardly anyone who knows the terrain of the Nation of Fire better than the Inuzuka family (clan?) If there&#39;s going to be someone who knows how to use the terrain to his advantage, it would have to be Kiba...and you know, Shikamaru, but that&#39;s another post.

vsaint
Mon, 12-15-2003, 10:35 AM
NEJI ROCKS&#33;&#33;&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

Insomniac
Mon, 12-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Kibas strength was his speed, remember he was attacking Naruto in such a way that Naruto couldnt even do a kage bunshin

also heres something thats stupid
why do the sound nins just not team up against the genins in the first place, instead of just stopping and dropping off a member one at a time - if they all just teamed up on the genins (like a ninja squad is meant to do) this whole chase would have been over in a few seconds
its like how Kabuto was able to beat at least 5-10 ANBU squad members and Tsunade throughout the manga but he was unable to beat Naruto

Mut
Mon, 12-15-2003, 01:39 PM
i think shika will fight next cuz in the inane trans, it said &quot;being of shadow&quot; as the title for the next chap.

Elite Hentai
Mon, 12-15-2003, 01:41 PM
They need to escape with Sasuke, and they are underestimating the genins.

Avatrix
Tue, 12-16-2003, 04:12 AM
Since everyone else is establishing their expected plot lines, I&#39;ll layout my reasoning for what I expect is likely to happen.

First, I believe the end result is that the Genin team will succeed in returning Sasuke to Konoha. Reasoning: the manga has an established theme that Naruto, through strength, determination and spirit, keeps his promises. He promised himself early on that he would change, and not run from danger: he stood up to Zabuza. He promised he would beat Neji after the defeat of Hinata. Despite odds, he did so. He told Tsunade that he WOULD learn the rasengan, and did so. Now, he&#39;s promised Sakura that he would bring back Sasuke. Somehow, he will manage it--likely, though, Sasuke will be more angsty inside, and have the power of the 2nd level seal.

Second, based on the current progression of fighting, one genin will square off with the 3rd Sound. It was already established that Kidoumaru is the strongest of the 4 Sound Nins, so it is feasible that the 3rd could be beaten. Who knows which one it will be. However, that will leave one Sound Nin to continue along with Sasuke, and two genins. I expect Naruto to be present when Sasuke emerges from the protective seal. In fact, my expectation, even from the Chouji fight, is that all five of the genin will converge together after having defeated the four Sound Nins. A Whether there is a Naruto v. Sasuke fight, I don&#39;t know. Sasuke may feel that he has been &quot;recognized&quot; by the effort of the genins. He may feel that the 2nd level of the seal is the power he needed from Orochimaru. Or perhaps something none of us have considered will be the winning notion to return Sasuke. Orochimaru himself fears the effect Naruto has had on Sasuke, in terms of drawing him away from the desire for revenge.

It is also my expectation, based on Kishimoto&#39;s story telling style, that the genins are not going to die, even Neji and Chouji. Though some of you have expressed distaste for them, they are overall popular characters, and it does not make sense to kill off your main cast&#33; Kishimoto has written about his strong admiration for the Dragonball series (one of his inspirations for becoming a mangaka), and may mimic some of the style of taking characters to their extremes, but somehow they manage to survive. I do not have any idea how Kishimoto plans to pull that off though. We&#39;ve already seen how long it&#39;s taken for Rock Lee to recover from his injuries.

Personally, I just continue to be excited for the forthcoming chapters&#33;

Noonan
Tue, 12-16-2003, 04:13 AM
Maybe Kiba is Snake Eyes from GI Joe in disguise? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Seriously though - we either need a 3 on 2 beatdown to commence or an update on whats happening back at Konohana - enough of this one on one stuff..

SirCharlesIII
Tue, 12-16-2003, 06:47 AM
somehow i think chouji died. despite all the optimism circulating, his story had such closure, with him finnally realizing that he had made a friend, a true friend, which to him ment the sdame as hokage to naruto im assuming. someone mentioned that the butterfly is a symbol of death in japanese culture i think? anyway, i think he has died. neji somehow lives though, no real resoning, just a feeling http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Death BOO Z
Tue, 12-16-2003, 07:03 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SirCharlesIII @ Dec 16 2003, 05:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> someone mentioned that the butterfly is a symbol of death in japanese culture i think? anyway, i think he has died. neji somehow lives though, no real resoning, just a feeling http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
the butterfly comes from the ino-shika-chou combination, which is kinda like royal flash in poker, the meaning is &quot;pig-deer-butterfly&quot;, it&#39;s how they call thier team tactics, so the butterfly is representing chouji, so it&#39;s like a sybol from chouji to his best friend, shikamaru, or something along those lines.

i&#39;ll be extermaly dissapointed if none of the genins will die or get into a lee-like state, otherwise, all the near death situations will be just pure crap reasons to have more 1 on 1 shitty fights.

tuggumkee
Tue, 12-16-2003, 08:08 AM
Neji wont die... i dunno about Choji though. Neji wont die because his trait is to be a genius in creating unbeatable defense/offense. Through the recent battle(and flashback of naruto) it shows that there is a area he has to grow/learn in, and that&#39;s spontanious stratigy. (thats what naruto&#39;s good at).
shikamaru&#39;s genius is a stratigist, so maybe his new move is something to bring him out of only stratigizing. So far he is only able to get someone in a vunrable position, and has to use a wall/something besides himself to defeat the person. I&#39;m guessing its going to be either kage bunshin(naruto eventually has to be suprised when someone else uses it) or Kishimoto will make a new move for him.

All four of the sound nins specialized in defense in a group(protecting oro against jounins when he was fighting 3rd) and individually. Fat guy had the ground wall that sucked chakra and rejenerated itself. 2nd guy had the web that can be secreted to protect himself.

One of the ones left has a summoning scroll. the other was the one sasuke fought... maybe strong skin lol. iunno

I&#39;m guessing they meet up with eachother, and then kabuto pops out and takes the barrel with sasuke. then it will be a 3 on 2. naruto wont be soloing though i&#39;m pretty sure. there&#39;s been a trend of him fighting solo(against oro, against the bunshin guys out side of the tower, inside the tower against kiba, and the chuunin finals.) so he&#39;ll probably work with kiba since shikamaru&#39;s the leader so he wouldn&#39;t have naruto/kiba solo.

Before the fights it will probably be some backflashes / set up time so the fight begins or gets interesting around 200(one of the new moves, or naruto using rasengan). The sound nin&#39;s probably know naruto knows ransengan so it could also be the nullification of ransengan.

Also notice how none of them have used sound much? just found that funny. i think one of the 2 nin&#39;s left used sound against sasuke but i might be wrong.

I think what may happen is sasuke will get to oro, and then heal if he has to. then he&#39;ll fight oro or kabuto with his new powers to try to kill them/test his strength. possibly it could be a mission assigned to him to find oro/kabuto and someone else pops up(kakashi =P. nah probably someone like jiraiya or maybe tsunade). naruto gets there close to the end of this battle.

That&#39;s my guess

Come Come Paradise
Tue, 12-16-2003, 10:26 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>And I think the sound nins are very strong when teaming up, e.g. containing the 3rd and Oro, but when they fight singly the gennins can match them. These are pretty special gennin, though</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i agree with that and i think people give the sound nin too much credit. yes they beat 2 leaf jounins, but they were all fighting together and with level 2 seal. maybe if it was 1 on 1 with the jounin it wouldve been closer.

Assertn
Tue, 12-16-2003, 10:29 AM
well.....in reply to them not using sound attacks.....keep in mind that the konoha village doesnt use THAT many leaf attacks.....there&#39;s those taijutsu leaf moves of rock lee......and the replacement technique that uses logs......but other than that there really isnt any &quot;leaf&quot; attacks

also keep in mind that the sound village is new, and so they cant just suddenly come up with all these sound jutsus out of nowhere

OniChi
Thu, 12-18-2003, 08:47 AM
Oh man, that would sound awesome if that happened. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_dribble.gif I can see that happening.... I hope that does happen cause that would make the story having alot more depth...

Immortal Boner
Thu, 12-18-2003, 11:22 AM
Well, 198 raw is already out at a couple of places. You can get it here:

http://www.narutoex.com/rawmanga/manga.html ('http://www.narutoex.com/rawmanga/manga.html')

or

http://narutofan.com/index.php?content=multimedia/manga ('http://narutofan.com/index.php?content=multimedia/manga')

More bad hints going for Neji in this one. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif

shikamaru__
Thu, 12-18-2003, 11:41 AM
This was a good chapter it kinda resolved alot of controversial issues some people had. But now everybody who has read it knows the truth.

I for one can&#39;t wait til Shikamaru fights(not because of the nick), hes a genius. Some of the strategies he comes up with are very good.

Immortal Boner
Thu, 12-18-2003, 11:55 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shikamaru__ @ Dec 18 2003, 11:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> This was a good chapter it kinda resolved alot of controversial issues some people had. But now everybody who has read it knows the truth.

I for one can&#39;t wait til Shikamaru fights(not because of the nick), hes a genius. Some of the strategies he comes up with are very good. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
The direction that this chapter sucked big time. It may have brought closure, but it was just argh...

Spoiler:

<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>They actually killed off Neji like they did with Chouji&#33; Unless the subliminal messages are misleading (which would cheapen the story a bit) then Neji&#39;s dead&#33;</span>

Spoiler end

For this I would gladly say that I don&#39;t want Shikamaru to fight. lol

SirCharlesIII
Fri, 12-19-2003, 03:22 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Winged Dancer @ Dec 19 2003, 01:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> BTW, am I correct to assume that <span style='color:#D6DBE0'> Orochimaru has a lot of seal-upgraded minions at his service </span>? If it&#39;s so, then the Leaf&#39;s pretty screwed. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
well, *spoil*
<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>the seal only has a 10% survival rate, that&#39;d be a whole lot of dead ninjas if he had a lot of people with it, and that&#39;d attract a lot of attention</span>

XwingRob
Fri, 12-19-2003, 03:56 AM
I think the Fifth is going to come and save the day by healing everyone.
Otherwise, Naruto is going to become very lonely. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

samsonlonghair
Fri, 12-19-2003, 04:24 AM
I know there are a million fan girls who want to turn the scene with Kabuto and Orochimaru into a yaoi fan fiction, but I caught something more interesting.

http://e.1asphost.com/hamsterkill/17.jpg

Doesn&#39;t he look like he&#39;s already thinking about betraying Orochimaru? Kabuto is a seriously cool character.

XwingRob
Fri, 12-19-2003, 04:41 AM
Kabuto has his own agenda that&#39;s for sure.
I wonder if he has a demon inside of him, too?

Winged Dancer
Fri, 12-19-2003, 01:49 PM
After seeing Neji and Chouji&#39;s fight, I don&#39;t want any of the leafs to fight at all.

Spoilers, whatever...

<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>
First the butterfly (Japan&#39;s sign of death) now a feather, which in this case means that Neji was free of his &quot;fate&quot; at the moment of his death... Neji does mention something like &quot;Naruto... you brought me out from the darkness.&quot;, meaning he&#39;s at peace with things...?
NEJIII&#33;&#33;&#33; Nooooooooo&#33;&#33;
It sucks anyway. We&#39;ll have to wait a rather long time, but if they kill Chouji, Neji, Kiba and Shikamaru, it just means that the manga is going to be a lot shorter than we were expecting.
...I&#39;m still hoping at least Neji will be alive...
</span>

And yeah, the direction of the chapter sucked. It just went everywhere&#33; First Neji, then the genins, then it&#39;s evil shower-time...
BTW, am I correct to assume that <span style='color:#D6DBE0'> Orochimaru has a lot of seal-upgraded minions at his service </span>? If it&#39;s so, then the Leaf&#39;s pretty screwed.