PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Hellsing

LordSteelFist
Sat, 12-13-2003, 06:00 AM
Does anyone know a site where i can download Hellsing manga?

Death BOO Z
Sat, 12-13-2003, 09:14 AM
you can get the first five volumes at manga Database ('http://www.mangadb.com') and for my great suprise, they have started working again on new scanelations, so they have chapter five finally!

Black Knight
Sat, 12-13-2003, 09:33 AM
try mangadb.com
theyre servers are down a lot of the time though

LordSteelFist
Sat, 12-13-2003, 11:08 AM
Thanks http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Anraxus
Sat, 01-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Noooo.... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

I went and looked at Manga Database last night and downloaded some of the Hellsing manga, I just went there and their account is suspended... the evilness of it all... anyone else know of a good site to get Hellsing manga?

Kumiriko
Mon, 01-12-2004, 06:11 AM
Well the Manga is Licenced and on sale from Dark horse now. I have had vary little luck finding it but i guess i could share the copy i have to the point i have. anyone have info on setting up a bit torrent?

pandaexpress79
Mon, 01-12-2004, 09:30 AM
i bought the 1st vol and i have no complaints except did father alexander anderson always speak with an irish axcent becuase thats how they wrote it and it made it confusing as hell to read sometimes...he said the word aye like 30 times

Jman
Tue, 01-13-2004, 04:44 AM
Does anyone know of any other sites that have the manga for dl? As you may already know, MangaDatabase has been down for some time now.

Kumiriko
Tue, 01-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Oh irish. Cool. i havent read it. bought the first issue for my sister for Chrismas. In the anime no irish sounds from him on sub or dub. but then agane all the voices in the Dub made me go Crazy. So bad. so vary Bad

pandaexpress79
Tue, 01-20-2004, 12:44 PM
http://www.suprnova.org/ ('http://www.suprnova.org/') theres somthing there labled Hellsing so i don't how many chapters are in it or what but i hope it helps any...

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 02-23-2004, 08:10 AM
1. Is the manga longer than the anime as i think i have heard?

2. Where can i find the manga?

Kumiriko
Mon, 02-23-2004, 08:24 AM
1. yes. i am sure it is
2. you can buy it

Terracosmo
Tue, 02-24-2004, 03:15 AM
1. Anime = 25 episodes. Manga = 26 volumes and running. So yes, it's longer.
2. It's licensed so it's available to buy in the US, but if you actually don't live in the US (people here tends to forget that there are some of us who DON'T...) you should try Direct Connect.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 02-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Hey, since when have Hellsing been 25 eps? I've only heard of 13 eps, the ones i have....

Yep, and since i live in Sweden, i guess there is no problem. But DC++ has been a hassle, can't find it that easy.

SuntUrioN
Tue, 02-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Terracosmo made a mistake. There are only 13 episodes

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 02-24-2004, 01:32 PM
Anyone here like to share? I've only found like 4 vols on DC++...

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 02-29-2004, 04:26 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Stoopider+Feb 29 2004, 11:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stoopider @ Feb 29 2004, 11:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The Anime really really sucks after episode 6 or 7 onwards.
Is the Manga any better? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The reviews are really good...but I haven't read it yet cos Amazon insist on charging half the value of the book in extra P&P so I gotta wait for a few more volumes to come out...

EDIT - I thought the anime was cool all the way through, the only thing I didn't like about it was *spoiler* <span style='color:#D6DBE0'> (EDIT) how I can't have this spoiler anymore because the colours are different </span> *spoiler*

You used to be able to download the manga from suprnova but I don't know if its there anymore as it was up before the site went down...but I can't really get into reading manga off a computer so I never bothered with it...

Stoopider
Sun, 02-29-2004, 12:22 PM
The Anime really really sucks after episode 6 or 7 onwards.
Is the Manga any better?

Kumiriko
Fri, 03-05-2004, 12:11 AM
Looks like the spoilers all have to be changed

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 03-06-2004, 04:38 PM
Is volume 2 available in the UK? So far I've only found it on Amazon.co.uk but it says its not in stock and recommends to ask for it used or something, it apparently came out like 5 days ago though so I'm not sure if they're ever going to stock it...and obviously I don't want to buy the first volume if I can't get the others later...

Kumiriko
Sat, 03-06-2004, 06:22 PM
I think Volume 2 is out here. not sure no comic book stors near me. if it is odds are it be out there soon

Shannon-Nii
Fri, 07-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Anyone that knows how many vol the hellsing manga [in english] is?

syphon00
Tue, 11-02-2004, 02:31 AM
could someone tell me what chapters are in the new Vol 5 and 6?

Thanks

kAi
Tue, 11-02-2004, 02:46 AM
in my vol 5 is chapters 28-30.
but i havent searched for hellsing manga in a while.

revel911
Tue, 03-08-2005, 11:42 PM
I read some of the Helsing manga, but I def. interested in more. Does anyone know where you can find chapters online?

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-10-2005, 06:57 AM
Do you know how to use irc?

kAi
Thu, 03-17-2005, 01:02 AM
there are other Hellsing threads.

Stoopider
Sat, 06-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering, Is Hellsing the manga finished? And so, has it all been subbed finished?

Currently I only have volumes 1 till volume 8 chapter 3.

If there is someone else who have subbed further, can post a link?

Hakeem_21
Sun, 06-05-2005, 07:50 PM
I at vol 8 chap 3 to and thats is the latest chap that is subbed and there isnt a group that is further than this group. Also the hellsing manga is still going in japan its atleast at vol 9.

Stoopider
Thu, 06-16-2005, 04:05 AM
Alright thanks for the info..

I just downloaded it from Neverwhere. So I wasn't too sure if it was the latest.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 06-16-2005, 06:07 AM
I have heard from a source that chap 4,5 etc will be up soon, i will let you know when it up.

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 06-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Well someone might wanna tell me where I can find the volumes, because I can't even find the first one.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 06-16-2005, 10:56 PM
I know a site that has the first vol and on i will post it later.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 06-21-2005, 12:19 PM
yay, I have finally read up to the point of where there is no more of Hellsing for me to read... So please Hakeem notify us soon, because I am craving more. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hakeem_21
Mon, 07-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Hellsing chap 4 vol 8 is out in irc now!! you can find it in #lurk in irchighway. If you guys doesnt use irc let me know i send you trough yousendit.com

EDIT:

Use this before it expires http://s20.yousendit.com/d.asp...77UG2S6EH3K8FY8CCZNIAZ (http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2RPF77UG2S6EH3K8FY8CCZNIAZ)

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 07-11-2005, 06:45 PM
well I've got vol 1-8... but not the latest chaps

Hakeem_21
Wed, 07-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Then why not download chap 4? If you need another chapters let me know.

Gundam_Strike
Sat, 07-23-2005, 04:39 PM
I need another chap i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Oh, this is Shinji Ikari. my other nick is currently useless because I can't log on to it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hakeem_21
Sun, 07-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Which chap do you need?

relevasius
Mon, 07-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Up to chapter 8 on vol 8 has been released and is available on #lurk packlist (http://www.thelurker.net/index.php?do=botlist)

@Shinji: I dunno if you use irc or not, but if you don't I have an ftp server setup, so if you still need the chapters just let me know.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 07-25-2005, 02:17 PM
He dont use irc thats why he says need a new chap.

Gundam_Strike
Sun, 07-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Good point there Hakeem. In fact, I hate irc.

relevasius
Tue, 08-02-2005, 02:14 AM
which is why I offered the option of ftp

Gundam_Strike
Tue, 08-02-2005, 01:27 PM
I will gladly accept that offer. but where and how? send it to me if you wish i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

relevasius
Thu, 08-04-2005, 11:47 PM
ftp server (ftp://gotwoot:m@N6a@www.relevasius.com)

feel free to grab what you need

Gundam_Strike
Fri, 08-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Um, I am quite stupid so... How do I use that to get into the ftp using my FTP program? I can't get the adress or a pass or a username :S

relevasius
Fri, 08-05-2005, 08:40 PM
well you can click that link and your browser should just open up into root folder, or you can just use www.relevasius.com as the server address (I'm using the default ftp port 21), and you can see the user and pass in the link (gotwoot:m@N6a).

Does the link not work for you?

aznimperialx
Fri, 08-05-2005, 11:39 PM
this manga is siccck

Gundam_Strike
Sat, 08-06-2005, 05:32 AM
Yeah, it totally rocks, escpesially seeing Ceras Becoming a true vamprie.

Oh, and thanks Relevasius.

Jman
Tue, 08-16-2005, 04:19 PM
-edit-
wrong section

FrogKing
Tue, 04-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I watched the 26 episode Hellsing anime and recently I watched the new OVA and would like to read the manga. Does anybody know where I can get a subbed, current download? I hope there are still people with current links. Thanks.

Fk

Terracosmo
Tue, 04-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Having seen the new OVA, my interest in Hellsing resurfaced as well. Currently I'm rewatching the TV series, and I've read a damn lot about what happens in the manga, and let's just say that I can't wait for the OVA to get there.

So in the meantime I'm seconding the request.

Any chance of a manga torrent?

kAi
Tue, 04-04-2006, 11:22 PM
You'll be able to get som eof the manga at MangaTraders.com.
Including The Dawn, which is a prequel, although this manga is very slow at being released.

FrogKing
Tue, 04-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Thanks Kai, but when I went to dl some I got the:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.mangatraders.com Port 80

D'oh! (wrong site?)

edit: Nevermind it works now!

bagandscalpel
Wed, 04-05-2006, 07:53 AM
Concerning the most recent chapter:

I must say, after a long and arduous journey, between vampire attacks and shit exploding; finally, finally, FINALLY, some closure to a great part of the manga. I shed bloody, green-Gatorade tears for my favorite character.

Stoopider
Wed, 04-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Imo, the manga is 100 times better than the anime.

The Anime was good the first half of the episodes. Went downhill from then on. I don't know why, but the anime only followed part of the manga.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 04-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Terra, FrogKing, and anyone else who's interested in Hellsing can get the latest scanlations at Maximum7's site (http://www.maximum7.com/?page=projects/hellsing). My friend Keith is the scanner for them. If you haven't read the chapters that Dark Horse has already published in English, You could probably persuade them to give you scans via IRC. MaximumT@irc.irchighway.net (irc://irc.irchighway.net/MaximumT)

Of course, Hellsing is so great that you really should go buy Dark Horse's print. I don't know if Dark Horse publishing sells in Europe. If not, you could definitely buy it online. I won't give a lecture aside from repeating that the better Hellsing sells, the longer it will run.

Terracosmo
Tue, 04-25-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm in desperate need of torrents or download sites for chapters 60 and before (since 61+ is available on the site Samson posted).

C'mon, there has to be something :(

FrogKing
Tue, 04-25-2006, 10:02 PM
I got the earlier chapters from www.mangatraders.com You should be able to get all of them there, and they are great. The manga is WAY better than the anime. I can't wait for the next OVA to come out...

Carnage
Wed, 04-26-2006, 02:37 PM
I just recently started reading the manga, and it sometimes scares the shit out of me. Especially how the fat Nazi Leader and his horde of werewolves love killing innocent people, women, infants, etc.. But then it just makes my day when Anderson kicks UBER ass. Next to Alucard, Anderson is by far my favorite character. AMEN!

Terracosmo
Wed, 04-26-2006, 10:47 PM
I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Mangatraders rocks.

Time to finally get to know the manga!

Edit:

WTF? When I unrar the files, there's nothing in the folders!
What the hell is going on?

Death13a
Wed, 04-26-2006, 11:09 PM
I just downloaded Hellsing v01 from mangatraders and it works just fine with CDisplay (i didn't even unrared it as it works just fine) try to download again.

bagandscalpel
Thu, 04-27-2006, 12:38 AM
@Terra:

Think I saw something of this nature of pop up on the mangatraders forum...

Solutions:
1) If the files happen to be in a hidden state, highlight the folders content ( Ctrl + A), then go to Tools, Folders option, view tab. Then under hidden files and folders select show hidden files and folders.

2) If the extension for the downloaded files is .cbr, or the like, rename to .rar

If those work, thank the people on the mangatrader forums.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 04-27-2006, 01:46 AM
I had a conversation the other day with my friend Keith who I mentioned in my previous post. He looked up at me out of the blue and said, "I hate Kota."

"Hirano Kota?" I asked

"Yeah"

This puzzled me a good deal considering how much money this guy spends to get copies of Young King Ours. "I thought you loved Hellsing," I said "Why would you hate its author?"

He responded, "Because one month he only draws seven pages, and the next month there's just a note saying that he's taking some time off. He won't be publishing any more until July."

I guess that means that He's helping with the OVAs. Who knows? Keith is convinced that he's just a lazy-ass.

Terracosmo
Thu, 04-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Nice, it works! Thanks!

Read two volumes so far... gotta love those extra chapters with the schizo nun and Heinkel. :D

But man, the author does release new chapters VERY slowly...

EDIT

Read five volumes, man, this manga is so awesome. I love the action, characters and one-of-a-kind humor (-willis!). Insane.

I thought I was going to die during the "extra stuff" in volume 6, the Yan & Luke stuff. They referenced not only Rohan Kishibe from JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE (best manga ever made), they also stated that "Kira is an awful guy" (Kira from Gundam Seed).

Kouta Hirano is my idol.

The only problem with the series is, again, slow progress on new chapters :/

EDIT 2: LOL @ "The Song of Okoi". Awesome reference to Basilisk.

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Bump, goddamnit, mangatraders is down and I need chapters 58-59. I don't assume anyone can upload them or send via gmail? I can get 60+ via that other site linked to in this topic.

FrogKing
Thu, 06-08-2006, 03:06 PM
@Terra: Did you ever get chapters you requested? If not, I know that mangatraders is back up.

This was really a bump for Hellsing fans!

bagandscalpel
Thu, 06-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Then, anyone who's read the latest chapter ought to know...

HOLY SHIT - WALTER, WALTER, WALTER!!!

Death13a
Thu, 06-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Yey Walter takes the stage; more like clearing the stage...

bagandscalpel
Sun, 07-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Neeeeewwwwwwest~
Chaaaaaaaaapter~

http://www.maximum7.com/?page=projects/hellsing

Get it thither, GOGOGOGOGO.

+2 on the already off-the-scale body count of World War III: Purge of London. And it still strikes me that Walter would just up and convert to Nazism like that, especially after battling them for so long.

Yukimura
Tue, 07-11-2006, 03:03 AM
Well I think he mentioned that he was brainwashed or something, what I'm amazed by is the fact that as pimp as Walter is he was apparantly a virgin. He should have been beating women off with a stick....anyway as interesting as it is to see vamp Walter I'm not sure how having him on the nazi side is supposed to help them. Alucard will still rape everyone.

Mr Squiggles
Tue, 07-11-2006, 03:16 AM
Awesome! I love how Kouta is making characters we previously thought of as kinda weak-ish now super badass. First Seras, now this :D

Oh, this has been bugging me for a while. since Seras drained Vernedead of blood a while back, wouldn't that make him her ghoul now? I totally wana see a french mercenary captain zombie in action XD

what I'm amazed by is the fact that as pimp as Walter is he was apparantly a virgin. He should have been beating women off with a stick...
Not necessarily, remember at the beginning of the manga Integra said something about the chips allowing non-virgins to become vamps.

Alucard will still rape everyone.
quoted for truth.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 07-12-2006, 03:06 AM
Well I think he mentioned that he was brainwashed or something, what I'm amazed by is the fact that as pimp as Walter is he was apparantly a virgin. He should have been beating women off with a stick....anyway as interesting as it is to see vamp Walter I'm not sure how having him on the nazi side is supposed to help them. Alucard will still rape everyone.

Thing is, Integra even told Walter that he had turned under his "own volition." That, and the fact that Walter still remembers the feelings he and his companions had, leads me to believe that what actually resulted from the brainwashing was a removal of his inhibitions.

And the part about the "only virgins can be made into vampires" appears to have been broken in so many cases throughout, I'm quite certain there's a silly little loophole somewhere. Take Alucard, for example, he got violated by a Janizary, yet became the most powerful vampire to date. And, it's implied that the Major's the same case as Alucard, and I somehow doubt that he was a virgin when he "died."

Kensee
Sat, 09-09-2006, 04:40 AM
Well ... latest chapter was released a whle ago, and Alucard seems to be gearing up to be fighting Walter now.

Is the other guys just gonna watch these two duke it out? Or is that guy who got shot in the face (name escapes me right now), Seres, and the other vampire gonna jump in too?

Well, we just gotta wait for a WHILE to see haha ^_^

bagandscalpel
Thu, 11-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Well, we just gotta wait for a WHILE to see haha ^_^

And thus, that "WHILE" has passed; chapters 77 and 78 are both out.

http://www.maximum7.com/?page=projects/hellsing

So commences the Alucard vs. Walter battle which can barely be described in words, considering how many twists are arising from the fact that Walter seems to have been preparing for such a betrayal.

Oh yeah, and what appears to be Luke Valentine is back, too.

Kensee
Thu, 11-09-2006, 03:14 AM
Walter just busted out a bag of tricks, and destroyed the Jackel! One gun down, main dog attack down, what will alucard counter with now?

I'm a bit confused, but did Alucard revert back to his normal form during the end/ after the fight with Anderson? Or is he still with all his limiters off?

bagandscalpel
Thu, 11-09-2006, 04:18 AM
I'm a bit confused, but did Alucard revert back to his normal form during the end/ after the fight with Anderson? Or is he still with all his limiters off?

I think he's still in his fully awakened mode. Now, if we were to assume that the number of souls he has within him are a measurement of his "immorality" and power, I think he lost a hefty chunk when he fought Anderson.

And speaking of the Jackal, what was the deal with that dream sequence(-willis)? I've been kinda waiting for some explanation, but now with it gone, it seems rather pointless.

Munsu
Sun, 03-04-2007, 02:30 PM
I finally got around to reading this manga, it's pretty good... But 10 volumes in 10 years? Man that's very low output. You guys know the reason why there's so few volumes for the series so far?

bagandscalpel
Wed, 04-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Low output, indeed. But, given that it is this series, I suppose we could all forgive, no?

Chapters 80 AND 81 are now both available:
http://www.maximum7.net/

Munsu
Sun, 04-29-2007, 03:57 AM
Chapter 82 is now out:
http://www.phase3.tk/

Humm, Alucard eating Walter should be nice.

Kensee
Tue, 09-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Read up to chapter 94 (online viewing) ... man ...

*spoilers ahead*

I hope they didn't really do away with Alucard. Come on, fading away like that, he can't go out like that!

The war is pretty much all over, I just hope he's coming back. Either they are going to bring him back somehow, or they are going to make Seras the new top power at Hellsing. She has been pulling her weight recentlly ...

Or they gonna use her to bring back Alucard! Cause Mina, that skeleton that Walter was talking about, saying how Alucard was in her for a bit, yeah I don't know maybe I'm just going off on tangents but whoo.

edit: this is where I read them online HELLSING (http://www.thespectrum.net/manga_scans/?preview=manga_Hellsing)

Yukimura
Tue, 09-16-2008, 08:17 PM
You know the next chapter is the last one right? I don't think our boy is going to be making a comeback. Though it would of course be awesome if he did.

Kensee
Thu, 09-18-2008, 03:29 AM
You know the next chapter is the last one right? I don't think our boy is going to be making a comeback. Though it would of course be awesome if he did.

Wait the next chapter is the last in the entire series? Like it's over? I did not know that. Wow, well I guess you're right and he's not gonna make a comeback.

If it is the last chapter then ... It'll probably just be set a little time later. Hellsing is going to get a report about some activity and Ms. Hellsing is going to order Seras into battle. In which Seras will come out with a pimped out vampire uniform. All prediction but I think that would be a nice way to wrap it up.

I'm quite sad its ending, I'll need to look that up.

Kensee
Sun, 10-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Sorry to double post, just wanted to get everyone's attention

FINAL CHAPTER (online viewing) (http://view.thespectrum.net/series/hellsing-chapter-095.html)

That is all.

Carnage
Sun, 10-26-2008, 11:33 AM
I didn't really care for the first half of the chapter at all, but the ending was good.