PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 62, Torrential Trouble

JohnCrichton
Fri, 12-12-2003, 12:06 PM
First, I'd like to apologize if you guys get this alot. This is my first time posting here and I'd like to thank all you guys for hooking us up like this.

Problem.... my Bit Torrent's stuck, it seems. It bobbles from 0-2k/s... mostly 0. I've a friend who download this episode in 3 hours flat and I'm on day two, barely half-way through.

This is the first time its ever been "stuck" like this and it happened with my other BT files too... all save for the ones I got from TV-Nihon.Com

Could anyone lend me a had and let me know what I can do to fix my problem?

littlecooldude
Sat, 12-13-2003, 04:27 AM
Have you tried different versions of bit torrent. You can find some here ('http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3948').

JohnCrichton
Sat, 12-13-2003, 07:47 AM
Alright.. downloaded the Shadow one. Uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results.

Anything else that I might need to adulst?

Darkflare
Sat, 12-13-2003, 01:25 PM
hmm, odd seeing as how i got the episode is less than an hour http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif
try closing the downloads then opening the torrent again to let it connect to all the seeds and stuff again. that might make it go faster

JohnCrichton
Sat, 12-13-2003, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the advice!

I tried that already tho... several times actually. Still just sitting there... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

JohnCrichton
Sun, 12-14-2003, 02:23 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (animemaster @ Dec 14 2003, 12:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JohnCrichton &#064; Dec 13 2003, 06:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Alright.. downloaded the Shadow one. Uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results.

Anything else that I might need to adulst? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
maybe your bt client can&#39;t work to it&#39;s best ability because your ports may be blocked due to hardware firewall or router. do you have one of those? if so you might wanna configure it to port forward so it allows incoming connections to the ports that bt uses so you could download with faster rates while using bt. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Thanks.. it did start happening ever since we put in a new wireless hub. So, that might be it.

How do I change ports or adjust?

My final Naruto episode finally downloaded, but it took about three to four days to do so. Stuff I get from TV Nihon downloads just fine tho.

Thanks for your help&#33;

JohnCrichton
Sun, 12-14-2003, 03:34 AM
Hm......... now that I think of it, all my file sharing programs have been acting wierd since the new hub thingie.

My WinMX doesn&#39;t allow outgoing files anymore...

How does one &quot;change ports?&quot;

Jman
Sun, 12-14-2003, 01:51 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JohnCrichton @ Dec 13 2003, 06:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Alright.. downloaded the Shadow one. Uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results.

Anything else that I might need to adulst? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
maybe your bt client can&#39;t work to it&#39;s best ability because your ports may be blocked due to hardware firewall or router. do you have one of those? if so you might wanna configure it to port forward so it allows incoming connections to the ports that bt uses so you could download with faster rates while using bt.

Medion
Tue, 12-23-2003, 06:58 AM
I have the very same problem, and *only* with the gotwoot tracker. This problem only appeared recently (Naruto #59, Macross Zero #3), and it makes it a total pain to download the ANBU-AonE Naruto releases.

So much pain I downloaded Naruto #63 from Bakasan and it&#39;s already done, while #62 (ANBU-AonE) is running since saturday, at 45% so far&#33; Sometimes it takes it an whole hour to get mere 60Kb... something is surely not going well here.

I am fully aware I&#39;m behind a router, and that if I could mess with it and open some ports things would be better, but I&#39;m am almost certain this isn&#39;t the case. Everything I downloaded from other trackers ran absolutely fine, and I&#39;ve been watching Naruto since episode #1 on this very setup, and all previous episodes downloaded at acceptable (and often incredible) speeds.

Are Brazillian IPs blackmailed or something? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Raven
Tue, 12-23-2003, 08:25 AM
I&#39;ve mentioned this a few times actually, people are probably sick of me, but I have the same problem, only ever with the gotwoot tracker.

Except my problem isn&#39;t speeds (I get incredible speeds constantly), my torrent just freezes after about 3 mins every time.

No offense to anyone, but it appears that the gotwoot tracker has some sort of compatibility issues with something. I don&#39;t know enough about it to elaborate.

hiroshi
Tue, 12-23-2003, 08:54 AM
Trackers do not get compatibility issues. That is literally an impossibility, only the program would have compatibility issues and not the tracker itself. If the program has a compatibility issue, complain to them and don&#39;t blame the members of ANBU. I doubt highly you will find it&#39;s either though. I mean.... that&#39;s like saying, the internet has compatibility issues with the TCP/IP Protocol. That&#39;s absurd o_O;

ok. Well, from my point of view. For John, it&#39;s a router problem.
The Router has its&#39; own firewall inside probably. It&#39;s not so much a case of opening up extra ports, as to rather adding your P2P program to the list of trusted programs, and telling the router to give it full access to the net. The way the router is configured, varies from router to router. But you will probably need to go to a specific IP Address in order to access your routers configuration page. You should check the router manual for more information regarding this.

For Raven, considering you get amazing speeds but it freezes after 3 mins, it sounds pretty much like you&#39;re downloading from sources which offer great bandwidth&#39;s but they themselves don&#39;t even have a complete file either. This will result in the &#39;uninterested&#39; status when you reach the point that neither of the users you were downloading from, have the parts you need to complete the file.

Everytime a file is moved, it messes up the torrent system. Because as soon as you finish downloading a file, the place is recorded in a small file for the torrents to refer to, and adds you to the list of IPs inside the torrent file. If you move the file, the reference is incorrect, and when someone uses the torrent and it refers to your IP, it will be unable to locate the file and carry on to the next IP in the list. That&#39;s why many torrents die out, because ppl move them around a lot. After all, everyone likes to organise their stuff right?

In this event, the file needs to be re-seeded. The alternative to re-seeding, is to search for the exact name that the torrent file is in, and then download from the search results. Because that will give the correct references.