Fri, 12-12-2003, 08:57 AM
naruto fan has it http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Trip
Fri, 12-12-2003, 09:25 AM
go neji! http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

L8r
Fri, 12-12-2003, 10:07 AM
damn....
now have to w8 til the translation comes out....
damn my impatience...
oh well whats done is done http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

it looks good though

Winged Dancer
Fri, 12-12-2003, 10:26 AM
With around a year of studying japanese, I can somewhat read it... I'm going to describe everything I can, so if you don't want spoilers or whetever, stop reading now.

Whatever they say about Lee first, though, I didn't understand much. Something about his heart being with all of them... I guess he's talking about the team. But I might be completely wrong on that, so don't believe me ^^;;

Anyway, Neji gets nailed to the tree... his first dialogue is simply "Now!!", and then "Juuken!", sending his own chakra through the web. Neji's chakra strikes Kidoumaru's head rather strongly, and spider-guy says something like
"Wh-what? This guy... he's still...?!", we have a flashback to Neji explaining why was he the only one who could fight Kidoumaru, and then Kidoumaru explains that since the string is connected to his head, the amout of chakra received was like a gentle-palm hit directly to the head (that last part was difficult and I'm not sure. Again, don't really trust my translation.)

So Kidoumaru falls, Neji realizes he's falling, Kidoumaru wonders how can Neji still move, and then Neji remembers his own words to Naruto - "You dropout!", next panel is Naruto making his promise "I will win!", flashback continues, Naruto says "I'm really bad at quitting.", can't understand what's next.

On page eleven we have Naruto trying to form some chakra and saying "Because I was called a dropout", can't understand the next two panels, then Naruto explaining how he sucked at bunshin no jutsu, and finally telling Neji how he was different from him - page 12, first panel "You are not a dropout!!".

...and I can't understand much of the gennins conversation, but it's clear at least that Naruto is _very_ sure that Neji will win and catch up with them, and mentions something about the Chuunin Exam. Meanwhile, Neji frees himself, and starts running towards falling!Kidoumaru while thinking something like "I can't lose/I've got to win!" or something along those lines.

On page 15 we see a very cool Neji and Kidoumaru goes "Eh?", meaning he wasn't expecting Neji to live. Go Neji Go Go!!

Page 16-17 rules. Kidoumaru thinks "!! ...I... can't feel chakra!!", and then asks Neji something like "Why? You should be dead... Why are you alive?", and I can't understand Neji's answer at all... just that he knows something better than Kidoumaru does.

On page 18 Neji gives a lengthy explanation on his Byakugan - how it has something Neji calls "Shikaku", which means "Death-angle" (shikaku also means square, but the kanjis are different...), and... the Shikaku can _feel_ chakra? I'm not sure, and don't really understand the rest of their conversation, but I think Neji tells something about "I once heard something...it was "You are not a dropout"." But that's a baaad translation there -.-

On the very last panel, it says something like "I believe in those guys! And for their sake...!"

And that's it. I apologize in advance in the case that, when the translated version comes out, it's completely different from what I wrote here... I tried, I really did. But I guess one year is not enough -.-

Anyway, my personal view of this chapter? I liked Neji but thought him a bit of an ass. Now that he's embracing the Naruto view of life, I'm starting to like him more ^^ He rules, eh?

SDShamshel
Fri, 12-12-2003, 12:05 PM
Spoilers also.

I think "Death-Angle" might have something to do with the angle of the Byakugan's blind spot. My Japanese seems not nearly as good as your's, but I felt it had something to do with the fact that Kidoumaru positioned himself to fire upon Neji's blind spot, so through simple deduction, he figured out where Kidoumaru would end up falling.

Daniel of Lorien
Fri, 12-12-2003, 12:19 PM
*cry* I wish I could read it... just a bunch giberish to me... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 12-13-2003, 02:28 AM
is learning japanses really that hard i mean been wondering if i should study up on some japanses but then again i heard that its a realy fukin compicated thing to learn, but i wanna laern so badly man now im jealous of the people who can actualy read some of it sob sob i wich i can read it

XwingRob
Sat, 12-13-2003, 02:30 AM
I wouldn't minding learning it too. But isn't there alot ways Japanese can be written?

Winged Dancer
Sat, 12-13-2003, 03:21 AM
Well, it's a little bit like the Shikaku thing I said.
"Shi" means "Four." "Kaku" means angle.
Therefore, "Shikaku", Four Angles = Square.

However, "Shi" also means "Die/Death". It depends on the Kanji or ideogram - Four is written differently from Death even though they sound equal.

Japanese _is_ hard to learn, but it's fun... the problem is spoken japanese (man they are fast!!) and the different accents. For instance, Naruto always uses a "te wa yo!!" at the end of almost every sentence. It gives the idea that he's not talking very respectuosly towards anyone. But it makes it hard to be understood.