PDA

View Full Version : Iruka's power?

Jiraiy4
Fri, 12-12-2003, 04:00 AM
i was juss wondering..how strong do you think Iruka is? Cuz he didn't really show us anything in the first episodes, If he became a chuunin he must have some kinda specialty. I wonder if hes strong enough become a jounin soon or someday. Aint it funny how Naruto's stronger than Iruka now...feel sorry for Iruka..he should have a bigger role in da future.

Chi Chi
Fri, 12-12-2003, 04:23 AM
I think he is your average chuunin. A bit stronger then the Demon Brothers

Hayate
Fri, 12-12-2003, 04:49 AM
lol, average Chuunin eh? isnt it funny how the Demon Brothers were getting pwned by Sasuke just as he became a Genin? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

think about what he could do to Iruka now http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

forkshy
Fri, 12-12-2003, 05:27 AM
yes, and he got pretty much decimated by mizuki in ep 1... then naruto destroyed mizuki. granted, naruto was probably using nien tails chakra.

still though, i don't think iruka is very powerful, but i think he does probably have a great many less combat oriented skills. especially since he's teaching the villages most talented at the academy.

Momochi Zabuza
Fri, 12-12-2003, 05:48 AM
i think iruka is pretty weak, thats why u never see him fight really, but apparently hes a pretty good teacher

Uberbaka
Fri, 12-12-2003, 09:37 AM
He did dress up and trick all three of them (sasuke, sakura and naruto) into believing he was some hostile.. haven't seen that ep for ages so i can't remember what he does. (Before the first exam).

His skills lie in education...

Winged Dancer
Fri, 12-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Education and childcare. He's the man I want to marry. Most of the rational, not-blabering-idiots female fans want to... and that's around four or five girls.

Anyway, I think he's just an average Chuunin, and perhaps even a pacifist one. He does get missions every now and then - he was going to depart for one before Sasuke went evil, remember?

Perhaps, however, he's used more on the tactical/stealth field than for killing people or fighting out in the open. He'd be the kind to sneak into a house, get something and get out real quickly.

EvolutionJitsu
Fri, 12-12-2003, 11:43 AM
Every genin that made it to the prelims seemed stronger than him. Seriously, I don't think he could have gotten out of the 2nd test in the forest unless he had some strong allies.

Power PMV
Fri, 12-12-2003, 11:55 AM
maybe he can summon Gamabunta http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

DaRk-SeRpEnT
Fri, 12-12-2003, 11:55 AM
ikura is good because he has good leadership skillz eg you are a leader of a squad when u become chunnin

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 12-13-2003, 02:33 AM
i think that he is powerful but not as strong as u think that he is

samsonlonghair
Sat, 12-13-2003, 02:41 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Winged Dancer @ Dec 12 2003, 09:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Education and childcare. He&#39;s the man I want to marry. Most of the rational, not-blabering-idiots female fans want to... and that&#39;s around four or five girls.
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yes all the rational girls want to marry anime characters.

In all seriousness, I think Iruka is a pretty cool character. Maybe he&#39;s teaching because he was injured or something and can no longer fight on the same level as the other ninjas in the village. That would explain why he has a scar across his face.

An episode about the life of Iruka would be nice. It could show Iruka being injured and the doctors tell him that he&#39;ll never make a full recovery (like Lee). Iruka would sink into a deep depression untill he discovers how much he enjoys teaching.

Assertn
Sat, 12-13-2003, 02:42 AM
if the company that made the GC naruto game got references from kishimoto on how the character stats/abilities should be, then iruka is hella fast and pretty good with those large shurikens http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

XwingRob
Sat, 12-13-2003, 02:45 AM
Um...I think Iruka has always had that scar on his face.

Nine Tailed Demon
Sat, 12-13-2003, 04:20 AM
He has to be pretty strong, held up the transformations for a long time in the ep a long time ago.....

Elessar
Sat, 12-13-2003, 07:26 AM
Yapp, he already has that scar in the flashback when he wants to go to his parents and join the village&#39;s fight against the kyuubi and when he talks to sandaime in childhood days.

I think Iruka is more the Sakura type. Very good chakra control, very good basic jutsus, nice genjutsu and a few minor offense skills. Yet smarter than Sakura-chan.

And he does not need to be a fighting whore, it would serve no purpose. Iruka&#39;s role in Naruto is to be the model of the new konoha villagers. His parents were killed by the demon fox, but he was the one who overcame this trauma first and acknowledged Naruto as Naruto and not as the fox child. By giving that `spirit` to the other guys in konoha and teach this to the children at the ninja academy he helps Naruto more than fighting alongside.

Legendary Nin
Sat, 12-13-2003, 10:08 AM
He teaches at the academy,obviously not too good,or they would give him a more important role.

rockmanj
Sat, 12-13-2003, 12:26 PM
well, actually, teaching is a very important role.....he&#39;s kinda responsible for all the future ninjas of the whole village

John San
Sat, 12-13-2003, 12:45 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure @ Dec 13 2003, 01:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> if the company that made the GC naruto game got references from kishimoto on how the character stats/abilities should be, then iruka is hella fast and pretty good with those large shurikens http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yeah, having played the Naruto GC game, I can tell you that he is REALLY fast and also strong.
Just wondering why we don&#39;t see him fight more often... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

NaokiSama_5
Sun, 12-14-2003, 02:31 AM
Iruka is a chuunin because he is a leader, kinda like Shika. He probably has a lot of sense in fights, it didn&#39;t show a lot against Mizuki, but I&#39;m just guessing... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Stoopider
Sun, 12-14-2003, 05:59 AM
I think he&#39;s more of a teacher than a ninja. Maybe Ino and Sakura would turn out that way.

Iruka does have his &quot;joker&quot; ability to make his enemies laugh...

TenSh1
Sun, 12-14-2003, 11:30 AM
I think he have a special role in the future , either will be sacrifising him self to help someone , or to pop out of no where and pwn every one

Winged Dancer
Wed, 12-17-2003, 02:00 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samsonlonghair &#064; Dec 13 2003, 01:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Winged Dancer &#064; Dec 12 2003, 09:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Education and childcare. He&#39;s the man I want to marry. Most of the rational, not-blabering-idiots female fans want to... and that&#39;s around four or five girls.
Yes all the rational girls want to marry anime characters.
::Laughs:: You got me there.
Anyway, I still think Iruka must be strong in his own way - perhaps in a more tactical way, like Shikamaru (someone has said this aleady), who doesn&#39;t have that much chakra nor that much raw power (a la Sasuke and Naruto) but thinks things through and is able to fight based on that.

&#39;Sides, plot-wise he&#39;s _very_ important, perhaps even more than some background characters who are usually more loved, such as Neji or Shimakaru. He&#39;s Naruto&#39;s &quot;precious person&quot;, and that&#39;s probably the whole manga&#39;s theme.

Legato 2057
Wed, 12-17-2003, 02:41 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rockmanj @ Dec 13 2003, 08:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well, actually, teaching is a very important role.....he&#39;s kinda responsible for all the future ninjas of the whole village </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I&#39;m glad someone posted this before I did.
To use Dragonball as reference: Would Gohan have ever become as strong as he is if Piccolo didn&#39;t train him? Or Goku with Roshi?

nark
Wed, 12-17-2003, 03:45 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legato 2057 @ Dec 17 2003, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rockmanj &#064; Dec 13 2003, 08:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well, actually, teaching is a very important role.....he&#39;s kinda responsible for all the future ninjas of the whole village </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
To use Dragonball as reference: Would Gohan have ever become as strong as he is if Piccolo didn&#39;t train him? Or Goku with Roshi? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
gohan is a wuss, nuff said.

iruka is more of a thinker like shika. He was able to fool mizuka into believing that he was naruto in the first ep.

Chi Chi
Wed, 12-17-2003, 04:31 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nark @ Dec 17 2003, 02:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legato 2057 &#064; Dec 17 2003, 02:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rockmanj &#064; Dec 13 2003, 08:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well, actually, teaching is a very important role.....he&#39;s kinda responsible for all the future ninjas of the whole village </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
To use Dragonball as reference: Would Gohan have ever become as strong as he is if Piccolo didn&#39;t train him? Or Goku with Roshi? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
gohan is a wuss, nuff said.

iruka is more of a thinker like shika. He was able to fool mizuka into believing that he was naruto in the first ep. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
That is a regular Henge. Even Naruto was smarter than that. In the Kiba match he did a Henge and actually acted like he was Akamaru when Kiba hit him.

DemonRyu
Wed, 12-17-2003, 05:32 AM
That doesn&#39;t show naruto was smarter. Thoses were 2 different situations.

Chi Chi
Wed, 12-17-2003, 05:56 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DemonRyu @ Dec 17 2003, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> That doesn&#39;t show naruto was smarter. Thoses were 2 different situations. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yeah, but he is comparing some one who did a Henge to a guy with an IQ of over 200. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Beautiful Green Beast
Fri, 12-19-2003, 07:49 AM
Well,the only jutsu i have seen from him might be Henge...