PDA

View Full Version : dropout? ......

mage
Thu, 12-11-2003, 11:58 AM
just wondering, why in the world does anbu/aone subs use the word dropout instead of loser? as you may or may not know.. naruto never dropped out of anything

and kaiten is replaced with whirl.. thats like the dumbest thing ever :\

Kn1ves
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:03 PM
maybe because those are the actual words?

juss a hunch

go to saiyaman or something

Ciber
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:04 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mage @ Dec 11 2003, 10:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> just wondering, why in the world does anbu/aone subs use the word dropout instead of loser? as you may or may not know.. naruto never dropped out of anything

and kaiten is replaced with whirl.. thats like the dumbest thing ever :&#092; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Because that&#39;s what the words actually mean.

I verified this with our translator. &quot;Loser&quot; works too.

Kagari
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:17 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mage @ Dec 11 2003, 10:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
and kaiten is replaced with whirl.. thats like the dumbest thing ever :&#092; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
despite the fact that he&#39;s obviously whirling.

Suzuki Fanboy
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:19 PM
l1k3 0mg&#33;&#33;11&#33;1&#33; wh1rl r t3h st00p1d&#33;&#33;1&#33;11

Who cares. When you read dropout, think loser. When you read whirl, think kaiten.

Quit complaining, especially after this lightning fast release with such amazing quality.

mage
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:23 PM
if naruto never dropped out of anything, how can it be insulting to him to be called a dropout? and yes.. i know neji is &quot;whirling&quot;, but its dumb to call it whirl instead of kaiten. i hope to god i never hear whirl anywhere in the dub.

Normally i wouldn&#39;t complain about this since i dont watch anbu&#39;s releases due to the reasons stated above, but bakasan isnt subbing 62 so im stuck with anbu grr.

Suzuki Fanboy
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:25 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mage @ Dec 11 2003, 11:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> if naruto never dropped out of anything, how can it be insulting to him to be called a dropout? and yes.. i know neji is &quot;whirling&quot;, but its dumb to call it whirl instead of kaiten. i hope to god i never hear whirl anywhere in the dub.

Normally i wouldn&#39;t complain about this since i dont watch anbu&#39;s releases due to the reasons stated above, but bakasan isnt subbing 62 so im stuck with anbu grr. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Grrr....I hate quality video, sound, and subs too&#33; Let&#39;s all go to Bakasan, where we can get horrible quality subs/sound/and video&#33; Yes&#33;

mage
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:26 PM
i think bakasan&#39;s word choice is much better than anbus, and video quality is about the same. please, have you even seen one of his subs?

Suzuki Fanboy
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:32 PM
I watch them every week, big guy (except this week). They come out first, I watch it, then I download the good *cough* ANBU *cough* version.

mage
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:34 PM
i cannot hear or see a difference in the quality of bakasan&#39;s subs, the only thing about it is he misspells a few words, but as we all know anbu has never mispelled a single word http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

KakashiSensei
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:54 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mage &#064; Dec 11 2003, 11:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> i cannot hear or see a difference in the quality of bakasan&#39;s subs, the only thing about it is he misspells a few words, but as we all know anbu has never mispelled a single word http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
uumm I&#39;m not usually one to get on someones case for this but Real media sucks for quality. i mean it looks good for the file size....untill the subs start pixelating and video gets choppy so yeah bakasan kicks ass for quality http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_plasmawhore.gif

GIVE ME A BREAK WE ALL KNOW ANBU/AONE are the best or we wouldn&#39;t be on these forums exept you. You must be lonely or something trying to start a flame thread against you.

Kagari
Fri, 12-12-2003, 01:00 PM
Hey Everyone&#33; Here&#39;s an idea&#33;

If you like ANBU/AonE&#39;s subs, then watch them. If you like Bakasan&#39;s subs, then watch those. Watch ANY one you want, it really doesn&#39;t matter to me.

But why waste board space with this incessant bickering.

ANBU Fan: &quot;OH, anbu is better cuz of this.&quot;

BAKA fan: &quot;No, Baka is better cuz of this.&quot;

yap yap yap. Make better use of this board, shit. Who cares.

Xollence
Fri, 12-12-2003, 01:02 PM
Loser&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

mage
Fri, 12-12-2003, 01:30 PM
real play quality is fine, i see no screen flickering. maybe there is a problem with your computer

littlecooldude
Fri, 12-12-2003, 01:41 PM
OMG STFU, we don&#39;t care who is better. We like it the way it is. If you don&#39;t feel like talking in an ANBU/AonE favored environment, then get the fuck out. This thread is now pointless and stupid. Locked due to spam.