PDA

View Full Version : Gunslinger Girl

Anko
Thu, 12-11-2003, 10:07 AM
<span style='font-family:Optima'><span style='color:purple'>doesn&#39;t it seem a lot like noir? the plot seems pretty good. has anyone seen it yet?</span></span>

XwingRob
Thu, 12-11-2003, 11:45 AM
Yeah I&#39;m currently watching this series, its quite spooky. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

KDM
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:16 PM
Yeah I&#39;ve been watching it. very interesting. ('http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4975')

XwingRob
Fri, 12-12-2003, 02:37 AM
Is it going to be 26 episodes long?

Munsu
Fri, 12-12-2003, 03:22 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XwingRob @ Dec 12 2003, 01:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Is it going to be 26 episodes long? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
According to www.anidb.net it is going to be 13 episodes only unfortunately...

XwingRob
Fri, 12-12-2003, 03:54 AM
Oh.... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Munsu
Fri, 12-12-2003, 01:18 PM
This is one of my favorite series of the year... but up until now it has only been somewhat standalone episodes... i hope they develop a complex plot before they finish the series

yallo
Sun, 12-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Hihi just wondering if you guys are still continuing with this series gunslinger girl? Seems like eps 7 is out already but the newest one I can find here is only eps 5 *sadness*

please please say you didn&#39;t drop the series *crosses fingers* it&#39;s such a sad show&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

StAn|SeRv
Mon, 12-15-2003, 02:28 AM
is gunslinger girl worth watching?

Munsu
Mon, 12-15-2003, 04:19 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (StAn|SeRv @ Dec 15 2003, 01:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> is gunslinger girl worth watching? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yes it is... it has an interesting story and an interesting character development... What makes this series great are the characters and the action sequences... Not much plot taking place right now... but i hope the remaining episodes will give me one... even without a plot it is worth watching just because of the character relationships and the action sequences

Munsu
Mon, 12-15-2003, 01:35 PM
for aone up to ep. 6 http://a.scarywater.net/aone/ ('http://a.scarywater.net/aone/')

for triad up to ep. 7 http://a.scarywater.net/triad/ ('http://a.scarywater.net/triad/')

Baka-chan
Mon, 12-15-2003, 01:56 PM
ah, i love your av smilealwiz (totally off subject). he&#39;s one of my fav&#39;s from peace maker http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

XwingRob
Sun, 12-28-2003, 05:05 AM
NT

Munsu
Sun, 12-28-2003, 06:17 AM
no

F0KK3R
Sun, 02-22-2004, 12:50 PM
I was wondering what type of gun it is that Henrietta goes crazy with in the very first episode. It looked familiar but I can&#39;t think of the name. Anyone know or know where I could find out? TIA

ngbetter11
Mon, 02-23-2004, 02:33 AM
i think the gun is called the P90

this one?

http://cs.gamer.hr/vodici/slike/p90.jpg

Xollence
Mon, 02-23-2004, 03:07 AM
Hehe that&#39;s a really shitty gun in Counter-Strike, the aim is horrible.

DeusExMachina
Mon, 02-23-2004, 08:27 AM
Info link:

P-90 ('http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/tw_p90.htm')

lasaire
Mon, 02-23-2004, 01:00 PM
One of the groups subbing it actually has a little gun info-bit at the beginning of every episode detailing a particular gun one of the girls uses in that ep.

Munsu
Mon, 02-23-2004, 01:08 PM
which group? triad? or which one?

Munsu
Mon, 03-01-2004, 08:29 AM
Damn... the last episode really disapointed me... the episode itself was very good, but not good as the last episode... I was hoping for some more interaction from Henrietta and Jose...

I really held the series with high standards... but the way they finished it makes me take back some of my praises for the series... although I still think it was a pretty good series overall...

Any coments?

XwingRob
Tue, 03-02-2004, 03:23 AM
Gah&#33; They could have easily made it into a 26 episode series at least.
I find it funny on how easily they defeated the terriosts in episode 12. I mean, you think like any other terriost organization, they would have multiple cells so that they wouldn&#39;t get wiped out so easily.
And wtf was with that girl at the end? Did she die, or just go to sleep?
Anyways, overall the series was good, but the ending sucked, imo.

Munsu
Tue, 03-02-2004, 04:17 AM
Yeah she died... I think that was the ending all about... letting us know that even though these girls were starting to become somewhat human in a way... they where still machines with an expiration date... So they will soon die

Forgotten
Tue, 03-02-2004, 04:21 AM
yeah ending was sucked, but other epi&#39;s where good ...

XwingRob
Tue, 03-02-2004, 04:42 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mondongo @ Mar 2 2004, 03:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Yeah she died... I think that was the ending all about... letting us know that even though these girls were starting to become somewhat human in a way... they where still machines with an expiration date... So they will soon die </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yeah, I feel sorry for them. I&#39;m curious on how long the rest of the girls would live. I&#39;m guessing the main character would live the longest, since she has had the least conditioning.

Munsu
Tue, 03-02-2004, 04:45 AM
I wish they did an ova to wrap things up... because I think that this was one awesome series... filled with mixed emotions and some controversy if you might call it that...

Tenkei
Tue, 03-02-2004, 06:26 AM
I think the ending was fine.

If you look at it, I don&#39;t think this series set out to make a lot of changes. It wasn&#39;t about changing to organization at all - which is what I think a lot of people may have been looking for in an ending. It was more about the people in the organization.

And the thing is - there was a few things in the last few episodes that I think show what the series was all about. We start out the series hearing about how the organization is. And I know a lot of people were shocked / sad about how everyone was treated inside it. So the conclusion would be the fact that the girls were actually, for the most part, happy as they were (as Henrietta said).

^^ So I think that actually did make for a good ending.

Besides that.. I have to say, I loved the episode, good ending or not. ^^ And wow&#33; They all have great singing voices&#33; XD I had to record when they started singing to Symphony No. 9, and listened to it a few times. X3

Overall, I liked the series. Especially the last four/five episodes.

jeresiv
Tue, 03-02-2004, 06:42 AM
deleted.

SuntUrioN
Thu, 03-04-2004, 09:25 AM
I think they should pop up some more episodes cause there wasn't really a story. Just episodes that stood on there own.

But I still liked it.

Neo32
Tue, 04-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Hey just saw my officer watchign this AOne fansub as well on his laptop.
Tried d/ling it from the torrents section and it said there were 90 d/ls and 16 seeds but i couldn't get crap!
sad... will be trying again later...

Anyway i find it an extremely good anime... dark and thoughtful at the same time... and theres action included every now and then too (11-16 year old gals firing sniper rifles, steyrs, FNP90's what more could a guy ask for!?)

Knives122
Tue, 04-06-2004, 02:42 PM
yeah its okay if you like semiandroid girls going around shooting people

Tenkei
Tue, 04-06-2004, 03:54 PM
Gunslinger Girl is definitely an awesome anime. It seemed like the releases didn't exactly come once a week, and were more unorderly -- so I'm going to try to download all the episodes again so that I can watch them all at once for a better understanding of things.

It was a really great anime, though, that's for sure. A lot of the stories, especially near to the end of the series were incredibly sad. The whole basis to the thing was, actually. Forcing little girls to become assassins, and everything.

I wish it would have focused a little more on Henrietta, though. I realize that her story was told well, and we got the point across of how she feels being used the way they are - so she did hert part. I just would have liked to see even a little more interaction from her. Oh well, though.

OshadowO
Wed, 04-07-2004, 02:06 AM
I'm going through it right now. its very very sad. I gotta say though Henrietta is adorable. I feel like giving her a hug everytime I see her and then she busts out a rifle and kills a few dozen people. Not sure where its going a a series though. I'm at ep 10 and so far no real plot:/
Good anime though. Definetly well animated and drawn too.

Munsu
Wed, 04-07-2004, 02:11 AM
well you wont find a real plot (one that i was hoping for the whole series)... but when the series finishes you will find a theme/moral plot if you might call it that which i liked... but left me somewhat unsatisfied becuase i really liked the series and wanted more and more...

oceen246
Wed, 04-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
but left me somewhat unsatisfied becuase i really liked the series and wanted more and more...

Couldn't agree more with you. The series was really good, but only 13 episodes make it look like we missed a lot of action.

chaos4ever4
Wed, 04-07-2004, 08:21 PM
the sieries wasn't supposed to be an action series, persay, though the action sequences were pretty cool.
it's more focused on the girls and whether they were still human, even though they're basically cyborgs and killing machines.

I think the theme was well executed, but the plot integration was a tad lacking.

OshadowO
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:08 AM
Good series.
Just finished it a few minutes ago. Last ep was sad.
Does anyone know if it will be continued. Henrietta and Jose's story definitely could go a lot farther. Jose's a good brother and I thought it sucked how they ended it with him bailing out on her for the meteor shower. Really kinda leaves you confused:/

dormcat
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:15 AM
It is a great show, but a bit slow paced in the beginning, when ep2 is half the same of ep1. The manga version is much faster; for example, Elsa took part in ep9 and ep10 but she appeared as early as volume1 in manga.

BTW I'm familiar with most type of firearms and was able to identify most guns (SR, AR, and pistols) in the series. However I'm no good at shotguns, so can anyone identify the shotgun Triela used in ep1 (with bayonet!) and the assult rifle Elsa used in ep9? The AR Elsa used has H&amp;K-styled rear sight but with Galil-styled magazine catch. The rectangular trigger guard is strange, too.

G-Daddy
Thu, 04-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Oh shit! I didn't realize that it was it. I've been sitting here for weeks waiting for #14 i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Woops.

I guess that was a good ending. I didn't treat it as such so I'll have to go back and watch it. It was pretty good. Hope there is more later maybe.

oceen246
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by: G-Daddy
Oh shit! I didn't realize that it was it. I've been sitting here for weeks waiting for #14 i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Woops.

I guess that was a good ending. I didn't treat it as such so I'll have to go back and watch it. It was pretty good. Hope there is more later maybe.

Seeing you were expecting more episodes, I know you must feef disappointed it only ended with 13 episodes

Sapphire
Thu, 08-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Looks like a second season of Gunslinger Girl is coming in Spring (yaay/finally)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-08-23/2nd-gunslinger-girl-airs-in-spring-with-pinocchio-arc

Inazuma
Fri, 08-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Good News, it got nice art and nice music.

reminisc
Wed, 09-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Just finished watching this series and all i have to say is zomgoggen! It's been a while since I've enjoyed a series this much. It's was great!

After watching it though i kinda feel they could have given it a better title like fratello or something because gunslinger girl kinda makes it feel kinda cheap and tacky, like a fan service show or something.

Anyway if anyone is bored and wants a good series to binge on then they should pick this one up, it really left a good impression on me.