PDA

View Full Version : Metallic Rouge

neflight86
Fri, 01-12-2024, 10:41 AM

"In a a world where humans and androids coexist, Rouge is an android girl, who is on a mission on Mars with her partner Naomi. The mission is to murder nine artificial humans who are hostile to the government.

Source: ANN"

Genre(s): Action, Drama

Research (https://subsplease.org/shows/metallic-rouge/)

I had to look up that this wasn't directed by Watanabe, because it fits his 'trying to westernize anime' style to a 'T'. Not much is done with the oversaturated 'androids that act like humans with superpowers' trope so far, but an assassination story that isn't revenge based could be interesting. Not a fan of the CG sentai suits the 'androids' (called something silly I can't be othered to remember) wear, but the pacing was okay for a largely world building focused pilot. Likewise, the Mars setting was just 'not earth but so similar why does it matter?', so a little disappointing there... the animation is good, though the fights aren't really choreographed. All that complaining is painting a pretty dim picture, but I will say that, in Metallic Rouge's credit, the music score is good, and the fight track in particular manifested some unleaded hype I was not expecting for such a simplistic engagement. For that alone (or rather, the hope for more of that), I'll give it another episode.

Ryllharu
Sat, 01-13-2024, 07:26 AM
It's Blade Runner Guyver.

It felt like a very dense episode, so I'm going to keep watching it at least through the 3-eps test.

the animation is good, though the fights aren't really choreographed. All that complaining is painting a pretty dim picture, but I will say that, in Metallic Rouge's credit, the music score is good, and the fight track in particular manifested some unleaded hype I was not expecting for such a simplistic engagement. For that alone (or rather, the hope for more of that), I'll give it another episode.
It's tough to top stuff like Vivy in my head anymore, so I'll give the modestly decent fights a pass.

The low-key music is really good though. I'm definitely liking that.