PDA

View Full Version : Boushoku no Berserk

neflight86
Tue, 10-17-2023, 11:49 AM

"* Based on a dark fantasy light novel series written by Isshiki Ichika and illustrated by Fame.

Fate Graphite is one of the forsaken. Cursed with the skill "Gluttony," he is ever starving, never sated...until the day he kills a dying thief and devours the man's strength—and his soul. The true hunger of Fate's Gluttony has awakened, and if he can learn to control his power, he will at last be the master of his own destiny.

Source: Seven Seas Entertainment"

Genre(s): Fantasy, Action

Research (https://subsplease.org/shows/boushoku-no-berserk/)

A cheap production of a cheap premise, making an all around cheap anime (seriously, listen to even the BGM and tell me it's not AI generated). I roll my eyes especially hard when non-isekai fantasy anime use 'levels', 'status' windows and other video game shorthand as if to say 'I'm too lazy to even call truck-kun for an isekai'. That being said, this felt a bit more wholesome than I expected for a story about, essentially, a killing addict. Nothing you haven't seen before, but the sword character has some charisma and main girl Roxy is cute, so it could pass some time watching wrongs be righted by deus ex power-creep.

David75
Tue, 10-17-2023, 12:35 PM
I have a minor pet peeve with an unfortunate language collision...
"bushoku" litterally is the same prononciation (*) as "bouche au cul" with an english literal translation : "mouth to/at the ass"
Not bottom, really ass.
And that collision feels weird, but somehow feels like that anime hahaha.
Roxy is cute but I think the barely saving detail is that his power creep as a huge demerit in that he shouldn't be able to control it and become some kind of monster. Unless Greed somehow acts as a power leak and keeps him sane.

(*) intonations, rythm, tone is slightly different, but for someone loving to play with words in many languages and loving dad jokes too... well it was impossible to miss.