PDA

View Full Version : Uchi no Kaisha no Chiisai Senpai no Hanashi

neflight86
Sat, 07-22-2023, 08:57 AM

* Based on a romantic manga by Saisou.

Shinozaki is an office worker who is taken care of and coddled by his senior team member Katase Shiori: a gorgeous, profoundly kind, loving, and diminutive woman. Shinozaki certainly hopes that she's not doing it out of duty... but her joy of doing so increasingly exposes her feelings!

Genre(s): Romantic comedy, office

1-3

I was expecting to come away from this reductively combining Uzaki-chan, Takagi-san, and Working!! into a frankenseries, as elements of all those are here, but the more I watched, the more this became its own thing (duh). The biggest initial breakaway initially was the somewhat hoighty-toity senpai getting regularly knocked (tapped) down a peg by her kouhai inadvertently when trying to show off, but that never became a running gag so the focus shifted to... incidental eroticism? Then hijinks, matchmaking, denseness, sentimental moments and cat jokes? Honestly, it's all over the place, but maybe it really can cook all these different dishes at once if you give it a chance. Ten years ago, this would have been a breakout hit I'm convinced, but the average for anime writing seems to have risen such that this is just another mediocre series that might hit the right spot for you. Also, that bass on the ed was a pleasant surprise!