PDA

View Full Version : Otonari ni Ginga

neflight86
Tue, 04-18-2023, 08:39 PM

"* Based on a romantic comedy manga by Amagakure Gido.

Ever since their father died, Kuga Ichirou has struggled to support his two younger siblings on nothing but a small inheritance and his passion for drawing manga. But it's becoming harder to keep up with his growing responsibilities and deadlines, especially after his last two assistants quit to follow their dreams. Just as he's nearing his breaking point, the beautiful and scarily competent Goshiki Shiori applies to become his new assistant. But there's something almost otherworldly about Goshiki, and soon Kuga finds his reality turned upside down when she suddenly declares them engaged to marry!

Source: Kodansha"

Genre(s): Romance, Comedy

1-2

For a romantic comedy, and a shoujo seeming one, there was almost no emotion present throughout these two episodes. I don't require constant doki doki, but some have suggested it is the pulse of a rom-com. If that's true, this is clinically dead. Strangely wholesome and sterile at the same time. Not super interesting, but maybe it'll become more than it appears (like Goshiki herself)?

Kraco
Wed, 04-19-2023, 01:23 AM
We already had some brief exchange of comments on this in the upcoming anime thread. I watched the first two eps, but likely won't watch more. The lack of emotion is certainly true, now that you mentioned it, but the male main character's attitude is what pushed me away. The dude showed absolutely zero interest when the supermodel beautiful, gentle-natured, and hard-working female main character declared they need to get together because of her reasons. And this is supposed to be a romantic show, haha. Considering the dude's background, there's no way he would have been the victim of some wicked or crazy woman before and thus had lost all interest. He could be gay, naturally, but he could have told her so. Instead all we got was "that's a bother", "that's inconvenient", and other such pure, distilled bullshit. He's working from the early morning till the late evening while still trying to look after the apartment building as well on the side. He's never going to have a chance to meet a better woman anywhere, so why not give her a chance? But no. But no also from me to this show.

neflight86
Wed, 04-19-2023, 06:57 AM
By the end of the second episode, he seemed amicable to the idea of trying to grow romantic feelings, although lightly.

That said, I probably won't bother continuing this either; it just isn't interesting enough and its hook is weak.