PDA

View Full Version : Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road

neflight86
Fri, 04-22-2022, 03:52 PM

"* Based on an action fantasy light novel series written by Satou Mato and illustrated by Nilitsu.

The Lost Ones are wanderers who come here from a distant world known as "Japan." No one knows how or why they leave their homes. The only thing that is certain is that they bring disaster and calamity. The duty of exterminating them without remorse falls to Menou, a young Executioner. When she meets Akari, it seems like just another job...until she discovers it's impossible to kill this girl! And when Menou begins to search for a way to defeat this immortality, Akari is more than happy to tag along! So begins a journey that will change Menou forever...

Source: Yen Press"

Genre(s): Fantasy, Action

1-3

More ambitious than I first gave it credit for, there is some entertainment to be had with Virgin Road. I watched without reading the synopsis, and it made the first episode all the better for the 'twist' at the end. What followed was an introduction of the 'real' main characters and some lore/exposition. Since the premise is reminiscent of Talentless Nana from a few seasons back, I admit I had some standing affinity for this. So far, this could go either way as the goal and worldbuilding isn't yet lazy and some progress is being made, but the action stiff and uninspired, and it has already exposed some of the tired 'slowly rebuilding a scene from long ago' trope that is sure to wear on me. Animation is 'fine', is the best way I can describe it. Crisp and some motion when appropriate. Also, there's enough yuri baiting to distract from what should be a serious story at times. Could be worth a watch?