PDA

View Full Version : Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu

MFauli
Mon, 04-11-2022, 07:04 AM
Office worker Leon is reincarnated into a particularly punishing dating sim video game, where women reign supreme and only beautiful men have a seat at the table. But Leon has a secret weapon: he remembers everything from his past life, which includes a complete playthrough of the very game in which he is now trapped. Watch Leon spark a revolution to change this new world in order to fulfill his ultimate desire... of living a quiet, easy life in the countryside!

------------------

Episode 1 and 2:

This is surprisingly fun and easy enough to watch so that I don't think I'll drop it. Although I wonder if this show will cause some controversy on Twitter et al, lol, because of the "women hold all the power in this world, and me, the male hero, fights against this oppression!" :D

If I had to criticize one thing, though, it's that the anime so far isn't any different from the parody it criticized in episode 1. It's the very same thing it mocked. Sure, they mystery-isekai plot is somewhat fresh, but eh.

Oh, and I didn't like some of those sudden jumps without explanation, like, suddenly the hero was sitting at a table with two equally lowly classmates and I was like "huh, when did he make friends?".

Kraco
Mon, 04-11-2022, 07:34 AM
Unfortunately this anime is skipping stuff even compared to the manga. I bet even more compared to the novel. It gives an impression of a very low effort production. It doesn't help the visuals make the characters look kind of lifeless.

This is a comedy series, so any parody in it wouldn't be lost. It's not really a parody of otome games, though. It's just a setting of the series to make the isekai so lousy a place for the MC dude. However, there are isekai series with far worse worlds, especially in the edgelord category. Sure, it would laugh at otome games somewhat, but I never felt like it was the point. In the end any hetero man playing such a game is like a fish out of water, even if the game was very tame. Criticising pay-to-win is criticising the whole mobile/MMO/"free" game ecosystem, so it's not a particularly strong or nover point.

I like the manga a lot. One big part is the MC himself. His "I don't care" attitude, yet also his desire to laugh at the likes of the evil step-mother is what makes the story work.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-11-2022, 09:20 AM
They're absolutely skipping stuff to get to more meat of the story, that much is obvious even if you weren't familiar with the source material.

I also wouldn't call it a parody, and I'd struggle to call it a satire. It's more in the isekai sub-vein that Shield Hero is also in (not a surprising, they're both Shosetsuka ni Naro series). It's exploring what happens if the protagonist is sent to another world, but one where there was really terrible worldbuilding. With a little dose of the Villianess trend tossed in.

The game creators very obviously wanted to make a mecha-strategy game but ended up publishing an Otome game with a hard genre shift to mecha strategy and a harsh difficulty spike, but also added P2W options, which fit even less into the world (Luxion). So the otome aspects put women at the peak of society, the mecha and airbikes are prominent features for no apparent reason, but there's also magic vs science and basically everything you can cram in there. The mishmash all gets stirred together to make a barely comprehensible world our protagonist (and Marie?!) find themselves in. Nothing makes sense (crystals randomly grow in the dungeons!), because it is for the convenience of the story arc that Olivia was supposed to be in by Marie has co-opted.

And caught in the middle is our protagonist.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-17-2022, 08:43 AM
Eps 3

I think I'm getting used to the art.
-----------

I guess this part is what they were rushing the series for, because the pace slowed down quite noticeably, into a more agreeable level.

Not that we didn't already know with her coopting the narrative that Olivia was meant to be in, but Marie confirms with a short POV segment and it is interesting that Leon knows the game better than she does.

I too, am interested in Angelica's three sizes.

Angelica and Leon's fantasy-world sister Jenna are both very concerned about what the duel might do to his standing, but he's had enough, and from his line about the Prince being strong by Academy standards, we learn in retrospect why he had to buy P2W Luxion in the first place: the prince and friends are pretty shitty in practical terms when they're strong in the lore.

The big robot is literally named "Arrogance," lol. The reaction it got reminded me of Break Blade, so I can only assume that big dense robot is way faster than it deserves to be, since it is obviously old tech like Luxion.

MFauli
Sun, 04-17-2022, 09:16 AM
That loli is so unpleasant, I hate everything about her, both attitude and appearance. Can't wait to see Mob show her her place.

I wish the show was just better made overall, since there's a good, interesting concept in place, but execution is lacking. Be that lacking animation, generic art or pacing. I'll take it for what it is, but it could be much better.

Regarding the "rushed feel", that still remains for me. The scene where Mob steps in to become Angelica's knight just didn't feel fully earned. Like, I can't help but think of Re:Zero when Subaru couldn't hold back at the big ceremony and announced to everyone that he's Emilia's knight and such. At least we knew how strongly Subaru felt about her at that time. But here? "I just really hate them", eh. From the two previous episodes, this "hatred" would better be described as "annoyance". There was no scene that made a strong emotional connection between Mob and the royal guys.

Not sure I understand the mecha reveal scene. Mob's mecha is significantly bigger and stronger-looking, why's everyone laughing? Only because they assume it'll be slow? Even if that was true, the superiority in strength should be no laughing matter. Weird scene.

I somehow hope that Mob makes some announcement a la "I won't have just one wife, but a whole harem, to show the men of this world what they can achieve with hard work and effort!", if only because I want him to get together with Angelica, but also the "main girl" ;>

Kraco
Sun, 04-17-2022, 10:26 AM
At least we knew how strongly Subaru felt about her at that time. But here? "I just really hate them", eh. From the two previous episodes, this "hatred" would better be described as "annoyance". There was no scene that made a strong emotional connection between Mob and the royal guys.

He hates them because back in his original world (Japan) his sister blackmailed him to clear the game 100%. It's an otome game meant for girls. Plus it's a shitty game will of pay-to-win elements and other nonsense. He got enough of those dudes when grinding the game, seeing them in RL ought to be much worse. Not to mention his school life so far has been more than merely annoying. In fact all of his plans and dreams started going down the drain when he got the promotion and has to attend the advanced class full of rotten gold digger girls. So, he hates the whole school, more or less.

MFauli
Sun, 04-24-2022, 09:46 AM
episode 4:

That was a very short episode. I fully expected all fights to go through when suddenly the credits were running. Meh.

Mob's sister makes no sense to me. I can understand her being upset when it looked like Mob was just angering the princes. But after he started winning, shouldn't she have taken his side?!

And it still makes no sense to me how everyone kept laughing at Mob's mecha. Bigger, stronger, way more imposing. Even if mobility was way disadantageous, appearance-wise it wasn't a laughing matter at all.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-24-2022, 10:57 AM
They all assumed it was a slow, hulking, relic. The game capture targets would have been able to nimbly tear it apart without ever being in danger. But Arroganz is not only durable, it is also powerful and fast.

It's a Break Blade kind of situation. Ancient mech that's fast and strong because it literally is a Pay-2-Win item.

Many of them would have been a real threat if they were further along in the game, but Leon is wrecking them now while they're still trash, and he knows each of their weaknesses because he struggled using them in the game.

Kraco
Sun, 04-24-2022, 11:05 AM
I feel like the manga scanlator translated Leon's comment to Chris in a far funnier way:

https://i.imgur.com/ROH0CFz.jpg

Mob's sister makes no sense to me. I can understand her being upset when it looked like Mob was just angering the princes. But after he started winning, shouldn't she have taken his side?!

Actually her way of thinking is the normal way. Even Angelica doesn't understand why Leon chose to act as her champion. When Leon started winning, Angelice was even more baffled. The sister, as stupid as she is, knows it can easily be both a social and political suicide to fight the prince and the other most popular guys in the academy (remember that just by accepting the duel he already got his room sabotaged). Being a girl, the sister has less pressure on her shoulders, but, nevertheless, technically she as well needs to find a nice and rich husband, who's going to fund the rest of her leisurely life, with slaves and everything. Being Leon's sister is not something she can change, so she would rather not be associated with someone who offended the crown prince of the kingdom and angered most of the student body.

And it still makes no sense to me how everyone kept laughing at Mob's mecha. Bigger, stronger, way more imposing. Even if mobility was way disadantageous, appearance-wise it wasn't a laughing matter at all.

That's just how it appears to us. Obviously all of those students have their own mental image of a powerful mecha. Maybe, when looking at Arrogantz, they feel similar to how we would feel if someone tried to fight a war with a WW2 propeller aircraft in 2022, when the opponent has jet fighters with homing missiles.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-24-2022, 11:34 AM
That's just how it appears to us. Obviously all of those students have their own mental image of a powerful mecha. Maybe, when looking at Arrogantz, they feel similar to how we would feel if someone tried to fight a war with a WW2 propeller aircraft in 2022, when the opponent has jet fighters with homing missiles.

It's more like an A-10, with its own BRRRRRRRRRRRRRT and everything.

Actually her way of thinking is the normal way. Even Angelica doesn't understand why Leon chose to act as her champion. When Leon started winning, Angelice was even more baffled. The sister, as stupid as she is, knows it can easily be both a social and political suicide to fight the prince and the other most popular guys in the academy (remember that just by accepting the duel he already got his room sabotaged). Being a girl, the sister has less pressure on her shoulders, but, nevertheless, technically she as well needs to find a nice and rich husband, who's going to fund the rest of her leisurely life, with slaves and everything. Being Leon's sister is not something she can change, so she would rather not be associated with someone who offended the crown prince of the kingdom and angered most of the student body.
Jenna isn't particularly stupid. She's quite socially savvy, helping Olivia get back on her feet after being bullied without having any capture targets to protect her.

And yes, not making enemies with the prince is the primary goal. Jenna knows what will happen regardless of how the fights go; her family is going to be in deep shit.

Kraco
Sun, 04-24-2022, 01:50 PM
Maybe Jenna is not stupid, but still she's not smart enough to adapt her behavior. She keeps treating Leon like shit, even though she should understand that after he came back with riches, an island, and a ship of his own, and got a noble rank, she would gain more by trying to be friendlier with him. However, she is stuck in the usual female behavior pattern of that world, which, at least, means she's not overly intelligent even if she's not a moron.

MFauli
Sun, 04-24-2022, 02:38 PM
Maybe Jenna is not stupid, but still she's not smart enough to adapt her behavior. She keeps treating Leon like shit, even though she should understand that after he came back with riches, an island, and a ship of his own, and got a noble rank, she would gain more by trying to be friendlier with him. However, she is stuck in the usual female behavior pattern of that world, which, at least, means she's not overly intelligent even if she's not a moron.

That's what I meant.

MFauli
Sun, 05-01-2022, 09:03 AM
episode 5:

"And I can't do anything with either of them"

Uhm, did I miss something? I was wondering why he never made his move on them, and then the final scene of this episode drops that sentence. Was it said why he cannot do anything with them? His standing should be high enough? Is it because he knows about the game's plot and that knowledge requires to stay hands off?

Anyway, another nice episode, and as always felt way too short.

Kraco
Sun, 05-01-2022, 09:29 AM
"And I can't do anything with either of them"

Uhm, did I miss something? I was wondering why he never made his move on them, and then the final scene of this episode drops that sentence. Was it said why he cannot do anything with them? His standing should be high enough? Is it because he knows about the game's plot and that knowledge requires to stay hands off?

It's both. He considers himself an outsider, with no standing in the story (of the original game). He already did screw it up, of course, because Angie was supposed to be humiliated in the duel. But then again, he wasn't the one doing it first because just like him, Marie is a person who appeared out of nowhere and seemingly stole Livia's role in the game story. Nevertheless, Leon doesn't want to get too involved with the central game characters. On the other hand, he's currently a baron and Livia is a commoner, so under normal circumstances they wouldn't get married. Angie is a duke's daughter, so she's too high in the hierarchy for Leon, under normal circumstances. She was supposed to marry the crown prince, after all.

I like this story quite a lot, but Leon is an MC I both like and hate. I like how he so often doesn't give a shit and does and says whatever he wants, regardless of consequences, but I also hate him because of that "I'm a mob character and thus I shouldn't do this or that" mentality. Due to Luxion (a pay to win cheat item from the game), Leon possesses as much power as any kingdom, so he could afford to be a lot more forthright even when seeking romance. There's certainly no need for him to get on his knees to beg for attention from ugly gold diggers. For poor countryside nobles of limited prospects, like his two male friends (whose names I don't remember), getting married promptly might be a matter of life and dead in that society, but Leon is in an entirely different situation. He has got his own island and wealth beyond measure, no matter what anyone else thinks of him. He has no use for connections or social status by marrying this or that noble daughter. Even if he married Angie, there's very little he would need from the Redgrave family.

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-01-2022, 09:41 AM
The "Is it kind of yuri?" scenes with Angie and Livia becoming too-close of friends felt very awkward and static.

I expect better.

They blew all their budget on the Arroganz' explosion/shatter attack, which was admittedly very cool.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 05-01-2022, 09:14 PM
I like Angie being a point of the triangle. I hope she doesn't dere too much too soon.

I like that this show is focused on just the two blondes. The romantic interactions seem to be more meaningful that way.

MFauli
Mon, 05-09-2022, 12:06 PM
episode 6:

Uhm, did I miss an episode or so? *looks up and sees ep 5 discussion* No, I don't think so.

While I enjoyed most of the episode, Mob being so chummy with this newly introduced queen was SUPER out of nowhere. I assume the manga has a couple chapters in here that explains everything. Really bums me out and makes this anime nothing but a an advertisement for the manga to get the "full picture".

Also, that girl being a queen with an adult son, yeah sure. Come on, anime. Bullshit me better if you must bullshit me at all ;>

Ryllharu
Mon, 05-09-2022, 02:21 PM
Eh...eternally youthful mother is an old anime staple (Bulma's mom never ages, ever), or even the loli (grand)mother. So is hitting on her (GTO). Your logic has no place here.

There's not much more in the manga aside from his thought processes for finding the Queen more attractive than the majority of the girls at school. The problem is he stupidly believes he isn't worthy of Angie or Livia, when they are both very obviously attracted to him because of the actions he's done for each of them. So he finds the Queen to be attractive and would be happy to marry her (the fact that she's married is whatever) but doesn't think he has a chance with the two girls who aren't narcissistic self-centered bitches and obviously happily hang around him.

Leon is a bit of a dumbass himself, so hung up on his "mob" status.

He recognized the Queen because he literally just saw her at the ceremony where they bumped up his rank again. That foiled the Queen's little mischief plan, but also worked out because he got to put that bitchy girl in her place.

edit: What material they have been leaving out is (apparently) in the Light Novels, and that's just common anime adaptation stuff. Like what they prince and team did to coerce his sister to plant a bomb.

MFauli
Mon, 05-09-2022, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't hit on a married woman irl, but if I knew this basically is just some shitty otomege come to life, I don't think I'd give a shit about snatching some npc's wife, lol. The bigger issue (and what made for a funny scene in this episode ^^) would be her adult son that's my school mate, rofl. Honestly, I half expected Mob to tell Julius, when he joined the scene, some deadserious "Quiet now, son!", implying that he'll be his father once marrying the queen xD

Kraco
Mon, 05-09-2022, 11:08 PM
The reason he hit on the queen is because the queen asked for it. That's it. The boys and girls of wealthy and noble families are going to that school to find marriage partners. This is because of practical reasons: apparently it's a disgrace if you aren't married by the time you turn 20, or something, and on the other hand, it's a world based on an otome game, where the whole point is for the player to catch one or even all of the capture targets (like Marie did). The otome game background has various deep influences in that world, even if the native residents of the world don't realise it. But Leon does, much to his annoyance.

The queen told Leon she wants to experience that school because she's a foreigner who never was a student. She wants to experience what? A school where the students' primary goal is to find someone to marry. So, Leon did exactly what the queen asked for: Let her experience being asked for a marriage.

I hope this made it clear enough. I said in an earlier post I like Leon because he doesn't give a shit much of the time. In this episode the queen's lecture was ignored by Leon, who just started to admire her beauty to pass the time. Then he started hitting on her when she asked for it. Too bad I also dislike Leon because he keeps thinking himself a mob character.

MFauli
Tue, 05-10-2022, 03:29 AM
I'd just love Leon actually marry the queen, if only for the punch line 15 years in the making LOL

MFauli
Sun, 05-15-2022, 08:35 AM
episode 7:

"You again!" from the audience after Leon won another competition, and everyone being angry at him made lol.

However, I actually disliked the way he won here. This was actual cheating versus just having a better mecha in the first duel. You really have to shut off your brain for this, because no way nobody would realize something's wrong when one of the bikes can accelarate to much higher speed.

And I wish Leon and the two girls would already get together. Come on, Leon, they want you.

Oh, and assuming Marie is Leon's sister, I hope they don't drag that out too much ... although the anime is in its last 5 episodes anyway.

Kraco
Sun, 05-15-2022, 11:36 AM
The anime run out of episode budget and couldn't animate Angie and the evil noble daughter's fist fight, huh. That's sad.

Compared to the manga, the episode also skipped character building, particularly with Clarice. But I'm especially missing a part that was cut out from cute interaction between Leon and Livia. Seeing how everyone would want Leon to get together with those girls, it's kind of sad they decided to take away a scene where they flirted. Of course it's remotely possible it was manga original and not present in the novel, but I kind of doubt it.

However, I actually disliked the way he won here. This was actual cheating versus just having a better mecha in the first duel. You really have to shut off your brain for this, because no way nobody would realize something's wrong when one of the bikes can accelarate to much higher speed.

If it's a rally competition where you can purposefully mutilate other participants until their bones break, I reckon they aren't too strict about rules in general. All things considered, Leon was a total n00b and was basically forced to compete because Angie would lose face otherwise, and that's something Leon considered unaffordable if it's a situation where he could potentially prevent it. So, if he evened the odds, it's cool. Of course the anime once again, surprise surprise, cut away a part that would have made you sympathise with Leon's situation in the race a bit more. This anime adaptation is really cheap, I can't emphasize that enough. It's a pity it makes the story seem worse than it is.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-16-2022, 08:47 AM
Is it cheating if he modded the machine? It wasn't stated that they had to use standard unmodified bikes. Other racers probably have their own machines and upgraded them to the best of their abilities and resources. Unfortunately, they don't have ancient tech on their side like Mob has. It's more of abusing a loophole in the rules than cheating.

MFauli
Sun, 05-22-2022, 10:24 AM
episode 8:

ffs, Leon, stop thinking of yourself as a mob. I wouldn't even care about it, but if it gets that much in the way of you simply telling Livia that you like her, .... ffs.

This anime is so cheap all around, but the new plot point that was opened this week is actually interesting: Leon robbing Livia of her chances to grow as a person. It actually sounds familiar, but I don't remember what other anime had a similar plot element, hm.

But damn, that ugly blonde girl is so annoying, I wish Ange would have just immediately punched her.

Kraco
Sun, 05-22-2022, 03:37 PM
It's pretty funny how Leon really did leave a deep impression on the queen.

This anime is so cheap all around, but the new plot point that was opened this week is actually interesting: Leon robbing Livia of her chances to grow as a person. It actually sounds familiar, but I don't remember what other anime had a similar plot element, hm.

He does, sort of, realise it himself because he considers Luxion to belong to Livia originally. Livia is the player character and Luxion is possibly the most expensive pay-to-win item for the player. So, in a manner of speaking he robbed it from Livia. Although to be fair, how exactly would Livia have acquired it? It's like Luxion is the reward from a DLC, but Livia wouldn't have bought the DLC.

Of course the real offender is still Marie. She's the one who made Livia not the main character. Leon is doing little more than keep Livia alive and well. I imagine the game events, which made Livia strong originally, were pretty much all tied to the capture targets (it's supposedly a dating sim, after all), who now all belong to Marie. At the end of the day Leon can't do much for Livia, unless he drops his mob mentality and accepts the game plot is all screwed up already.

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-22-2022, 06:49 PM
Not entirely true.

Livia would have gotten involved in this one no matter what according to Leon. It is the scum noble who resents her for being a commoner. Marie is at least from a Vicount family. His involvement helping Angie has accelerated this event because either way, Livia is gaining prominence.

The bracelet is in the dungeons, and they've already been there during their school training. That's the part where Leon is hurting Livia with his overprotectiveness. But on the other hand, he's actually making the shitty male leads better people, including getting them thinking about improving their combat skills. They were all shit in the game, and he's already influenced them to be better sooner (in order to defeat him, but whatever).

But the most disruptive element is probably Angie. She's supposed to have been exiled by now. Instead, she's become bosom friends with Livia.

I intensely dislike the arc and the airbike one. At the moment, this series has dropped to my least favorite series of the stuff I'm watching.

Kraco
Sun, 05-22-2022, 10:45 PM
Livia would have gotten involved in this one no matter what according to Leon. It is the scum noble who resents her for being a commoner. Marie is at least from a Vicount family. His involvement helping Angie has accelerated this event because either way, Livia is gaining prominence.

The bracelet is in the dungeons, and they've already been there during their school training. That's the part where Leon is hurting Livia with his overprotectiveness. But on the other hand, he's actually making the shitty male leads better people, including getting them thinking about improving their combat skills. They were all shit in the game, and he's already influenced them to be better sooner (in order to defeat him, but whatever).

It was supposed to happen much later, like Leon said. Livia would have been a lot stronger, and she would have had the support of one of the capture targets, who would have had a mecha and resources, as well. Also, in my opinion it's important to note that a game is a game and real life is real life, even if that world has some logic/story straight from the game. Leon noted the game was stupidly difficult for what it was, so how difficult would it be without save/load? In the end Leon (or whatever was his original name) needed to buy the pay-to-win item to even clear the game at all. It's possible the story would be 100% lethal without Leon interfering with Luxion.

But the most disruptive element is probably Angie. She's supposed to have been exiled by now. Instead, she's become bosom friends with Livia.

Eh, what exactly is Angie doing? She's a duke's daughter, but much lesser noble daughters are looking down on her because apparently all it took to destroy the Redgraves' political power was the cancellation of the marriage with the crown prince. I don't see Angie disrupting anything much. She wasn't banished, but her power and influence is very limited. Leon himself is disrupting more, being a bona fide nobleman with a domain and a warship already, whereas every single other student is just the son or a daughter of a noble, in other words, nothing at all yet.

I intensely dislike the arc and the airbike one. At the moment, this series has dropped to my least favorite series of the stuff I'm watching.

I just dislike the miserable production values.

MFauli
Sun, 06-05-2022, 04:45 PM
episode 10:

Honestly, I wanted Leon to kill all those nobles that attacked him and Livia earlier. Meh.

Otherwise, not sure what the bigger problem is. Have Leon call for his special toys and he'll decimate that new enemy all by himself.

Also, while Leon's self-ignorance about his own status is annoying, so is Livia's about him. When he said what kind of woman he wishes for at the shrine, I hoped Livia would understand that he really never even thought about having a chance with her - unless she has some inferiority complex and thinks she possesses none of the qualities that Leon wants in a woman (well, only the queen meets all of them, though, lol).

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-05-2022, 09:22 PM
unless she has some inferiority complex and thinks she possesses none of the qualities that Leon wants in a woman

Way to miss her entire character backstory.

Kraco
Mon, 06-06-2022, 12:12 AM
Otherwise, not sure what the bigger problem is. Have Leon call for his special toys and he'll decimate that new enemy all by himself.

His own public ship must be a good distance away. I suppose he didn't feel it proper to have it follow the luxury liner too nearby. Considering there were plenty of noble kids aboard, it might have been taken as intimidation if someone's private warship was always hanging around. The kingdom is, after all, quite divided in factions.

unless she has some inferiority complex and thinks she possesses none of the qualities that Leon wants in a woman (well, only the queen meets all of them, though, lol).

Of couse she has an inferiority complex. She's the only commoner in a school full of aristocracy. She has experienced bullying. Furthermore, in the original story she would already be close to the capture targets, that is, some of the most important dudes in the school, which majorly lessened the effects of bullying and isolation. She would have experienced some success as an adventurer, as well. So, she should have had a boost to her self-confidence. However, Marie seized all of that. The only positive experiences for Livia were Leon and Angie, but the bullies managed to turn even that against her. It makes perfect sense she wouldn't consider herself worthy of a nobleman, like Leon, in a strict feudal society.

It's actually quite funny that Leon keeps looking down on the capture target dudes all the time, but those guys actually let nothing stop them for the sake of player character in the game and Marie in the actual story. Whereas Leon tries his best to avoid any romantic development with Angie or Livia. So, Leon doesn't have the guts to fight against the norms of the society to get what he wants, whereas those good-for-nothing (in Leon's opinion) dudes do have the courage. Leon is actually the bigger loser here.

MFauli
Sun, 06-12-2022, 08:51 AM
episode 11:

So basically Livia knew Leon would save whoever falls, so she willingly took Angelica's place, snatching away Leon for herself ;D

I really hope this anime has a harem end, though, it's really the only ending fitting the tone. Ange deserves to be his wife just as much as Livia does. And this is a world where men are being treated like shit, and afaik women can have multiple men, so it'd fit Leon's attitude to disrupt the ways of this world by becoming the first men with two women.

New enemy knight is boring. Old man = insta loss in anime

Kraco
Sun, 06-12-2022, 11:15 AM
The world actually has men (of nobility) with two wives frequently, by the looks of it. Like Leon's old man. The first wife is the noble one, who's living in luxury in the capital, leeching money from the man and having a harem of her own slaves. The second wife can be a commoner, whose job is to basically breed with the nobleman, to create more workforce for the domain. The first wife's children obviously won't be toiling in the fields.

The series very much seems to be creating a Leon+Angie+Livia unit. It's also the best kind of harem since Livia and Angie care very much for each other. So, even if they had to share Leon, I don't think they would mind. Who knows if it's going to happen, though. This anime is so cheap, with so bottom level production values, that it would be a miracle if it got a second season, so this isn't going to have any kind of ending. If it did, it would be an anime original one.

Kraco
Sun, 06-19-2022, 11:52 AM
Episode 12 Final

- - - -

That's all, folks. This production was really cheap, but to be honest, I'm not sure it would deserve anything more. As far as isekai go, I do like this for a few reasons, but all in all it's obviously trash, like most isekai.

I suppose it was heavily indicated that Leon isn't anymore totally rejecting the idea of hooking up with Livia and Angie, so there was a little bit of conclusion in the air. Otherwise based on what Leon has been talking about the plot of the game, this shouldn't be yet near the end of the whole plot, although events are apparently happening out of order. So far Leon himself has definitely done more to affect (that is, alter) the plot than that petty schemer Marie. Despite that Leon calls himself a mob character, whereas Marie considers herself the new main character.

MFauli
Sun, 06-19-2022, 12:34 PM
Trash ending to a trash anime. I was really hoping they'd give us a relationship for the finale, and we got THIS close, but nah, typical weeb-tease at the end. Meh.

Low production quality, rushed story, dumb hero who chooses to be gay because of irrational thoughts. There was some good and interesting elements in this, but it couldn't win against the cheap parts.