PDA

View Full Version : Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

shinta|hikari
Tue, 01-25-2022, 09:54 PM
Finally, an anime adaptation of one of my favorite completed manga series!

https://otakukart.com/lucifer-and-the-biscuit-hammer-anime-adaptation-announced-first-visual-released/

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-26-2022, 04:02 AM
That website legitimately has the worst synopsis for this series I have ever seen. The whole explanation is backward because of a single sentence.

neflight86
Wed, 01-26-2022, 09:31 AM
I remember enjoying the manga, but I wonder if it was because the whole deconstruction thing wasn't as saturated back then. Looking back, I don't remember anything remarkable about it, aside from alot of people wanting an anime adaptation. Well, I hope it is better than my failing memory recalls!

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-26-2022, 09:36 AM
Same.

I've never re-read the manga after finishing it, or even had the urge to do so. But a lot of people really like it and list it as one of their favorites.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-26-2022, 10:38 AM
I saw the news somewhere else and googled a random website to post here. Didn't even read the article, sorry.

I don't reread anything so I can't use rereading as a measure of fondness, but I do remember loving this because the protag pair are the legitimate villains of the story, and the guy is smart.

Ryllharu
Fri, 07-08-2022, 01:12 PM
Episode 1 is out.

-------

The series does feel dated, but I don't mean that in a bad way. I mean it in the sense that it feels like a series from 2005 and ended 12 years ago. Which is weird.

I was a little hesitant on the casting. I've disliked Oozora Naomi (Sami/the Princess) in Jahy and loathe her in Uzuki-chan, but she sold me by the end of the episode. Tadokoro Azusa (playing her sister) was fine in the first half, but she's shrill and obnoxious in the second half. Yuuhi and the lizard are both great.

neflight86
Wed, 07-13-2022, 12:05 PM
I'll go the opposite route and call this dated in the bad way. Super cheap looking production and a nhilistic, whiny smarty-pants Yuuhi that made me fell mostly sorry for the Lizard. I remember Asahina's scenes being more spectacular in the manga, making Yuuhi being swayed by her works more believable, but her character isn't fleshed out enough currently for her grandiose declaration to carry weight without the title card hanging over it. I'm glad I don't remember most of this story, because the 'journey' would be all that entices me to continue, if I do.

/jaded