PDA

View Full Version : Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu

neflight86
Tue, 01-11-2022, 06:00 PM

"* Based on a comedy fantasy light novel series written by Toba Tooru and illustrated by Falmaro.

It ain't easy being a genius...

Prince Wein is ready to commit treason. And who can blame him? Faced with the impossible task of ruling his pathetic little kingdom, this poor guy just can't catch a break! But with his brilliant idea of auctioning off his country, this lazy prince should be able to retire once and for all. Or that was the plan...until his treasonous schemes lead to disastrous consequences-namely, accidental victories and the favor of his people!

Source: Yen Press"

Genre(s): Fantasy

A good compliment to "Realest Hero", if you are keen on more municipal dealings in your grand fantasy epics. I enjoy the cast, and the two-faced nature of the prince putting on airs until the door creaks closed was a treat. I enjoy contrived reverse serendipity making his plans work, and it certainly entertains so far. Another one to try out, for sure.

KrayZ33
Wed, 01-12-2022, 01:23 PM
This is such a weird show. I didn't expect to see people actually losing their head, lol.

neflight86
Wed, 01-12-2022, 06:28 PM
Yeah; the happy go lucky off screen abstract warfare cuts to full on 'spit in your face decapitation'. I kinda like it, though.

neflight86
Thu, 01-20-2022, 10:06 AM

Well, it looks like quite a bit of action happens off screen with the conclusion of this intro arc. The incompetent campaign to retake the well was interesting enough, but some of the revelations felt a little ham-fisted, like the secret tunnel next to the colapsed tunnel (seems like a big risk to plan around a collapsing tunnel not destroying its next door sister), and that the prince is an empire military academy elite graduate. Were there no guards among 30k troops to watch for tent burning? Small eyebrow raise at the power fantasy elements, and a smaller eye roll at the cliché 'you insult my family, I kill you' trope, but this is still a good watch and I'm excited to see the prince navigate some more challenging obstacles on his quest to retire early.

KrayZ33
Tue, 01-25-2022, 05:34 PM

I like this one more than the other prince-regent anime show.

neflight86
Tue, 02-01-2022, 10:26 AM
I see they put out a v2 of episode 3's subs, which might explain why I struggled to follow the plot this episode.

So the empress girl wants to embroil Wein's backwater country in her succession dispute to avoid facing the matter head-on? And because he told her to do so if she ever needed help? That's kind of strained, but will make for a 'too cool for school' moment later so I hope it's worth it.

neflight86
Fri, 02-18-2022, 03:09 PM

Latest episode started a new arc, and one episode in this is more interesting than the last, involving the (of course) corrupt church and some political maneuvering, at a faster pace, to boot.