PDA

View Full Version : Doll's Frontline

neflight86
Sun, 01-09-2022, 12:45 PM

"* Based on a mobile strategy role-playing game developed by China-based studio Mica Team.

In the fallout of nuclear war, the last of humanity survives with the help of life-like androids known as Dolls. Built to serve, some fight in wars as Tactical Dolls or T-Dolls. Now, an elite team comprised of T-Dolls are sent to face a new rogue threat, Sangvis Ferri. Leading them into battle is their new human commander, M4A1.

Source: Funimation"

Genre(s): Sci-fi, Military Action

So this is listed as both "Girls" and "Dolls" Frontline, depending on where you look (its spelled Dolls in the OP)... Aaaand that's about the most interesting factoid this show has to offer. Generic post apocalyptical/ww3 guns personified as girls wielding them fighting against and with other firearms derived girls- and some tactical maids. Good thing I like the AR series of rifles, as this entire squad is derived from them it seems. The only saving grace is that, for some reason, both the OP and ED songs are catchy, and the OP sequence actually is worth watching. Its visually interesting and dynamic like a mid 00's nostromo AMV.

neflight86
Wed, 01-19-2022, 10:10 AM

Just goes to show that, in a season as anemic as this one, even Doll's Frontline has a chance. For the crude animation and simplistic tactics, seeing the wider assortment of firearms represented was... spiffy. Not even a mention of the AR-squad this episode, it focused on the new savant commander leading some European firearms (SMGs, rifles, and a nun-pistol) to victory against another outlandish "high-spec" that was just another flavor of tactical maid.

It reminds me of the playful caricatures of a show like Girls Und Panzer where every nationality is lampooned a bit for fun. I had to ask myself when I saw the nun "What is the churchiest gun I can think of?"

Some questions were raised about the morality of the disposability of these gun-dolls, a little moe, and during the spawn scene they used an extended version of the honest to goodness Doom door open sound effect. It was amusing how long it dragged out as the girls imprinted/spawned from their briefcases. I'll take what I can get from a show like this, and somehow I am getting enough to continue watching for now.