PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo 24-ku

neflight86
Sun, 01-09-2022, 12:20 PM

"Enter the 24th Ward, a man-made island inside Tokyo Bay. Three of its inhabitants: Shuuta, Ran, and Kouki, have been best friends since childhood, but after a deadly incident, everything changed.

A year later, reunited for the first time, they receive a mysterious phone call. On the other line is a familiar voice—from a friend who's supposed to be dead. Together, they'll have to save their home.

Source: Funimation"

Genre(s): Sci-fi, Mystery, Action, Thriller

I don't know what involvement that illustrator had with this series, but the Haikyuu character design DNA really stands out. Somewhat pedestrian setup of the nebulous extrajudicial Tokyo zone where tragedy occurred traumatizing (one or) three young boys comprising a 'can do anything' trio that only reconnect at a memorial service for their lost friend (and imouto), but a mysterious power granting phone call spurring them back into action as... heroes? Look, a lot of this was kinda a blur, but I wouldn't call it boring, per say. Double length first episode and some slid intrigue may see this one through (I also like dogs, so that helped).