PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime Season: Winter 2022

Ryllharu
Sun, 12-19-2021, 12:22 PM
MFauli usually does these, but I feel like writing my pre-selections down before I forget them. As is tradition, I will also double post.

https://anichart.net/Winter-2022

Ryllharu
Sun, 12-19-2021, 12:32 PM
The season looks honestly, very weak. There's a decent chance that people will find maybe two to four very strong series, with the rest of the season looking like absolute garbage.

On my list:

- Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru. Gyaru, very nice looking animation, cosplay and craft work. Definitely in for trying this one out, and I've heard good things about it.
- Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to (Fabiniku). A parody isekai that I read the manga of and enjoy because it is quite funny. Two salarymen are isekai'd by the Goddess of Love, who they immediately dislike because she is legitimately horrible, and she curses both of them. It borrows extensively from a lot of other isekai series, but then does a very retro-isekai 90s comedy act with it.

My maybe pile:
- Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu. MADHOUSE doing a modernized manga that's very similar to You're Under Arrest? (which I was a fan of).
- Leadale no Daichi nite - A female led isekai that I've heard good things about, but these have been pretty bland the last few times.
- Kenja no Deshi o Nanoru Kenja - The second genderbender isekai and second MMO isekai on these selections. I've read the manga a bit, and it is okay. It's very generic, but the art looks okay compared to many of the other series that are starting this season.

Since Shuumatsu no Harem was delayed to this season, I took the time to read the manga all the way to its cancellation chapter, and it is shit, so I will not be watching it.

MFauli
Sun, 12-19-2021, 12:58 PM
Ha, what a coincidence! Just earlier today I felt like looking on youtube if there are recommendations for the winter season already. And now I see this thread. Good job :D

Let's see:

- Attack on Titan Final Season (I mean, ofc)
- Shuumatsu no Harem (I'm curious to find out about the drama of this anime's delay. Is it censored to hell? Let's see)
- Takagi Season 3 (nice, first two seasons were fun)
- Futsal Boys (eh, sports anime. At least 1 episode)
- Ryman's Club (same as above)

And that's all. Yeah, agreed, looks like a very bad season. Then again, I have grown to prefer these seasons where you have 3-4 shows you really like and nothing else, as opposed to past seasons where there were 10+ "decent" shows but nothing really special. Attak on Titan, Ousama Ranking and Kyoukai are enough for me, if any of the other shows I listed is great, too, that's just additional fun.

Kraco
Sun, 12-19-2021, 01:08 PM
A very short looking list:

Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru manga is jolly good. I'll have a look at the anime, most certainly.
Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki. I liked the first season well enough. It's nice to occasionally watch anime without knowing the story.

Maybe I'll have a look at something else as well, such as Arifureta s2. Perhaps Leadale no Daichi nite, which I had never even heard of.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-20-2021, 08:32 AM
Weird, nothing of interest this time.

When the hell is Bleach coming back? I feel like that was announced ages ago!

MFauli
Mon, 12-20-2021, 10:06 AM
So ... I'm the only one looking forward to Attack on Titan Final? Ok ...

KrayZ33
Mon, 12-20-2021, 11:08 AM
I lost interest in Titan completely.

Other than a few sequels only...

Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu
+
Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru

...caught my attention. Maybe I'll watch that mega-harem show, or that "trapped inside a video game with a female avatar" for the lulz, but that's about it.

edit: Badminton one might be cool and with that, I'm pretty much done

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-20-2021, 11:31 AM
I can't believe that POS Arifureta got another season...

So ... I'm the only one looking forward to Attack on Titan Final? Ok ...Oh! I didn't see it on the chart.

Yes, that obviously.

Edit: lol, it was the first thing. Dunno how I missed it.

MFauli
Sat, 03-12-2022, 12:50 PM
Sooooo .... what are the "absolutely worth watching" anime from this season? I feel like watching something truly good, but I don't know what. You guys know which threads I'm active in, so while you can mention these anyway, they're obviously not helpful as recommendations. Any great slice of life/non-fantasy character drama?

Ryllharu
Sat, 03-12-2022, 01:30 PM
Slice of Life: Slow Loop hands down. I picked it up late, but I'm glad I did. Like I posted in the thread (which I've never bothered to keep posting in) with some edits:

It is a really intelligent mix of "cute girls doing cute things" on the surface level, and uses that as the comedy relief for what type of series it really is, an exploration of grief, loss, and the corresponding recovery...But there's a ton of introspection and emotional exploration packed into these episodes.
It's up there with Yuru Camp. Less serene, but deeper emotionally. It will be in my top 3.

Hakozume I dropped.

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to because all they see is another isekai in a season full of trash isekai. It's top-tier parody isekai. Different flavor of degeneracy from KonoSuba, and with an equally talented cast. We're going to get more parody isekai in the next few seasons coming up. Equally great ones.

MFauli
Sat, 03-12-2022, 03:42 PM
Slice of Life: Slow Loop hands down. I picked it up late, but I'm glad I did. Like I posted in the thread (which I've never bothered to keep posting in) with some edits:

It's up there with Yuru Camp. Less serene, but deeper emotionally. It will be in my top 3.

Hakozume I dropped.

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to because all they see is another isekai in a season full of trash isekai. It's top-tier parody isekai. Different flavor of degeneracy from KonoSuba, and with an equally talented cast. We're going to get more parody isekai in the next few seasons coming up. Equally great ones.

Both look promising ,thx

Edit: Tried Fantasy Bishoujo. Unfortunately, not what I'm looking for. Tbh I find the premise rather gross, two straight guys getting romantic about each other. And the general quality doesn't seem to be high, KonoSuba is far better in terms of jokes and characters. Maybe it gets better, but for now that's a drop from me.