PDA

View Full Version : What the hell? Can someone help me?

Arcn3ss
Tue, 12-09-2003, 06:53 AM
Can someone help me to understand this problem cuz i really dont know what the hell is going on.

I've had this happen 2 times. ( with ROD TV 13 and Anbu's Naruto 60 ). I run the file once and watch it with the correct codecs installed. It runs good, no problems what so ever. Several days later I return to the file and watch it over again but now it skips and the picture is all messed up. I send another copy of the same file that i had on cd or another compy on to this computer and it works perfectly. I send that "bad" file to another computer and it skips on that. So that "bad" file is pretty much toast. ( I dont think its a codec problem.. cuz the other one plays great and the file played great once before.)

I dont understand why it does this. Its from the same download source. The same bit torrent, and it played correctly once before. I can see if there was a error on bit torrent's download, could that have messed up the file? Could it be something with my computer? On my others i have never seen this problem once. Is something corupting this file in some manner?

Any help would be great.

[matrim]
Wed, 12-10-2003, 02:22 AM
it's vary likly that is't due to lack of Vititual Memory, try rebooting your computer before watching the episode, or it cojuld be that you have added some codec without thinking about what you did, in order to get some other file to work, and that messed up the original codec that controled the frames for those eps

Arcn3ss
Thu, 12-11-2003, 06:23 AM
There hasnt been any virus problems nor crashes but I agree with you that something messed up the binary of file. It happened to 2 different files. ( rod 13 and naruto 60)

Thanks for the help tho http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

If you can come out with any ideas why it happened to more then one file please tell me.

Arcn3ss
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:23 PM
I tried it on more then 3 computer some that arent even at my house no less. Its has the same problem. I dont think its a codec issues I have the same set up that plays Naruto 60 I burnt to a cd earlier. So something happened to that particular file that was on my computer.

The verisions of Naruto 60 i burnt to the cd play correctly on all the computer it has been played on. This "bad" verison was just sitting on my computer and now its corrupted some how. It just doesnt make any sense. Does anyone have any idea how an Avi file would be corrputed over time? Cuz it was working originally.

Plus some of the other computer have also different codec setup and it still doesnt work. I've used almost ever different player too. The file is toast no doubt, but how?

( One even as Tsunami, others have a mix of divx etc) Its That particular naruto 60 that is messed and iam trying to figure out how that happened.

[matrim]
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Some slight crash on your computer could have coused the binary in the file to get messed or something, power faliure or virus infection, even if the anti-virus protection fix the virus it might still have infected the file.