PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Revengers

Munsu
Tue, 04-13-2021, 11:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNjCEhonkY0

Watching the news, Takemichi Hanagaki learns that his girlfriend from way back in middle school, Hinata Tachibana, has died. The only girlfriend he ever had was just killed by a villainous group known as the Tokyo Manji Gang. He lives in a crappy apartment with thin walls, and his six-years-younger boss treats him like an idiot. At the height of his rock-bottom life, he suddenly time-leaps twelve years back to his middle school days. To save Hinata, and change the life he spent running away, hopeless part-timer Takemichi must aim for the top of Kanto's most sinister delinquent gang.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=23847

Just watched the first episode of Tokyo Revengers and really enjoyed it. Can't overthink it much, but I think we'll have some cool action scenes, but the designs will need some getting used to. I haven't watched much of it, but I have some Dr. Stone kind of vibes here from what I recall. Regardless, of how it goes, I think the episodes will be quite fun for me.

neflight86
Wed, 04-14-2021, 07:50 AM
Much better than the title led me to assume. For a story involving time travel, the scenario felt pretty realistic. It is always a bit odd when anime doesn't lean on the supernatural to lubricate its setting, but not unwelcome. Contemporary 'real world' where gangs and violence are a thing, and it is easy to fall into a rut. I'm very excited to see where this goes.

Yeah, character designs took a little getting used to. I like that the overall goal is to save a life that seems fated to be lost, and I like the circumstances behind Takemichi and little bro's relationship. Definitely worth checking out.

MFauli
Sun, 04-18-2021, 04:42 PM

Takemichi Hanagaki's life is at an all-time low. Just when he thought it couldn't get worse, he finds out that Hinata Tachibana, his ex-girlfriend, was murdered by the Tokyo Manji Gang: a group of vicious criminals that has been disturbing society's peace for quite some time.

Wondering where it all went wrong, Takemichi suddenly finds himself travelling through time, ending up 12 years in the past—when he was still in a relationship with Hinata. Realizing he has a chance to save her, Takemichi resolves to infiltrate the Tokyo Manji Gang and climb the ranks in order to rewrite the future and save Hinata from her tragic fate.

-----------------------
-----------------------

Episodes 1 and 2:

I was interested when I read the synopsis. Then the trailer looked awful. Now I watched both episodes in a row.

I feel like there's at least one plothole, possibly more, in how the time travel happens, BUT: It's a really well done series so far! Seeing how Takemichi kept accepting being punched was frustrating, but he seems to have snapped finally at the end of episode 2. It feels really good now. Oh, and I like how Hina isn't drawn like th usual generic pretty anime girl, but has a distinctive look to her. She's not ugly, either, but ... more realistic, in a way, imo.

Anyway, I could just keep watching if I had more episodes to watch already. Will continue.

Munsu
Mon, 04-19-2021, 07:11 PM
Glad you're enjoying it. So far it's the series I'm mostly looking forward to this season, I just know I'm going to have fun with it. In the first episode it felt like it had a lot of content packed into it, the second one felt like it didn't have much... also not a fan of these types of scenes where someone takes a bat as punishment, that shit should cripple people. But not going to overthink what is obvious by now a delinquent battle series.

Saying that, I've read plenty of delinquent battle manga, but having a tough time thinking of anime I've watched in that subgenre.

MFauli
Mon, 04-19-2021, 07:19 PM
Oh, did I miss your thread? Sorry, not intentional, didnt immediately see it.

neflight86
Mon, 04-19-2021, 07:20 PM
Is it? I though the fights were going to be few and to serve the time travel plot. I'm not complaining, but I really did not see delinquent battles as being the focus here.

Munsu
Mon, 04-19-2021, 07:28 PM
Is it? I though the fights were going to be few and to serve the time travel plot. I'm not complaining, but I really did not see delinquent battles as being the focus here.

Well, not sure how far it'll go, but from the trailer that's the impression that I had that we were going to have plenty of delinquent fights, and this second episode is seeming to start focusing on that somewhat. We'll see I guess, but it felt like was taking a bit of the Boku dake premise and adding some fight action to it.

neflight86
Tue, 04-20-2021, 08:29 AM
Ah, I never watched the trailers. What threw me off is that MC really doesn't seem like a fighter of any real capacity (though he did punch those bullies in ep1). We shall see.

MFauli
Tue, 04-20-2021, 09:46 AM
Btw this anime greatly shows one big issue with anime, at least when it comes to SJWs/woke people/the pc crowd: TWELVE years are supposed to have passed between past and present - and the MC's older self looks like he could just go back to the past like that. There is zero outward difference between his younger and older self, outside of hair color and clothing.

I'm not mentioning this to criticize this anime, it just was super conspicuous here due to the time travel theme, and I hate how non-anime fans from the west often love to call anime for pedophiles and shit, only because they don't understand that in many, if not most, popular artstyles you cannot discern anime characters' ages between, say, age 13 and 25. There is no difference in body in that age range for most anime. The only difference will be hair styile and clothing, as this anime demonstrates. So all those "ohhh, you like underage girls!" accusations I see being flung around in the West are just pure bs. Anime characters have a certain range where they all look timeless. To criticize that is to criticize anime as a medium, and that'd be really ignorant.

Just my 2 cent

Munsu
Tue, 04-20-2021, 10:05 AM
Btw this anime greatly shows one big issue with anime, at least when it comes to SJWs/woke people/the pc crowd: TWELVE years are supposed to have passed between past and present - and the MC's older self looks like he could just go back to the past like that. There is zero outward difference between his younger and older self, outside of hair color and clothing.

I'm not mentioning this to criticize this anime, it just was super conspicuous here due to the time travel theme, and I hate how non-anime fans from the west often love to call anime for pedophiles and shit, only because they don't understand that in many, if not most, popular artstyles you cannot discern anime characters' ages between, say, age 13 and 25. There is no difference in body in that age range for most anime. The only difference will be hair styile and clothing, as this anime demonstrates. So all those "ohhh, you like underage girls!" accusations I see being flung around in the West are just pure bs. Anime characters have a certain range where they all look timeless. To criticize that is to criticize anime as a medium, and that'd be really ignorant.

Just my 2 cent

You don't have to bring the same topic into every anime thread... and not everyone ages the same. But I'll agree to the point of discerning age in anime is not very straightforward unless heavily implied.

Ah, I never watched the trailers. What threw me off is that MC really doesn't seem like a fighter of any real capacity (though he did punch those bullies in ep1). We shall see.

Yep, that threw me off as well. Hope he doesn't seem destined to be an eternal punching bag, and if he is, well at least make the surrounding aspects interesting. It's one of my biggest worries, but we'll see.

MFauli
Sun, 04-25-2021, 06:03 AM
episode 3:

Man, it's so ridiculous how much power and fame these delinquents seem to have, lol. Barging into the classroom with the teacher there and nobody calls the police? wtf. I wonder if delinquent culture really was that crass in older days of Japan.

The outcome of the fight was nice, though.

What I have no idea right now is how the mission "don't let them meet" can't be solved without literally staying in the past forever. As long as both these top delinquents live, there'll always be a chance of them meeting.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-25-2021, 06:21 AM
Man, it's so ridiculous how much power and fame these delinquents seem to have, lol. Barging into the classroom with the teacher there and nobody calls the police? wtf. I wonder if delinquent culture really was that crass in older days of Japan.
It really was. GTO-predecessor Shonan Junai Gumi and similar series tried to add a level of nobility to the teenage Japanese thug lifestyle, but it was a real problem.

To the point that Grave of the Fireflies is not an anti-war film, believe it or not. "Instead, [director] Takahata had intended to convey an image of the brother and sister living a failed life due to isolation from society and invoke sympathy particularly in people in their teens and twenties."
It's allegorical, with the message, "Stop being stubborn and reckless, doing whatever you want in life. Listen to your elders."

neflight86
Tue, 04-27-2021, 08:16 AM
Interesting note about GotF... I never knew that!

It was pretty frustrating watching Takemichi win by taking hits- that trope was best done in HxH, and it wasn't that interesting here. The rest of the episode with his new 'friend' was more worthwhile for sure. That slap. Since he has already freed his friends from 'thug life/slavery' - and I know this is a paradox with most time travel fiction - hasn't he already impacted the future? Maybe being this dude's friend and steering him toward respectability could have the girl's life down the line? It is just a bit convenient (and contrived) that his entire objective on a silver platter is to prevent two people from meeting.

Does anyone know if this is going to be a full adaptation, or is this a portion of an ongoing manga? That will help color my expectations properly going forward.

MFauli
Sat, 05-01-2021, 02:37 PM
episode 4:

This is so frustrating. I totally love this story, but the cheap animation just makes everything worse. This kind of story needed a high-qualiity budget on par with Steins;Gate or BokuMachi. Instead we have ... this. :/

As for the episode itself: I'm surprised Takemichi and Naoto got out of this situation so easily. The boss of a yakuza-like organization is suddenly dead on the ground. You'd think they'd accuse Takemichi of murdering their boss. Oh well.

neflight86
Fri, 05-14-2021, 08:09 AM

The charisma of the characters, draken especially, give this more heart than I expected from a show about high school kids punching each other while adults from the future try to undo a wrongful death.

I liked the scene with the girl's parents. It was handled pretty well. No, nothing you do is going to 'fix' what happened, and gang members are largely scum in their eyes, but they bow anyway, as respect for the innocent collateral, and take your verbal licks if that can provide any measure of relief for her family. Without draken, Mikey really doesn't have a tether to humanity, I can see that clearly now.

MFauli
Fri, 05-14-2021, 09:45 AM
Oh lol, already forgot that we had more rape last week, 'lol'.

Although this anime did it ok. Mikey really reveals himself as a psychopath here, though. A girl got RAPED and he wants to attack the father?! No, fuck you, you either listen to this poor guy or you walk away. That's your 2 options. I wonder why Draken respects Mikey so much. Probably some 'he saved me in the past' bs.

And since this is 'rape week', I just wanna add: I'm permanently scared that one of these assholes will rape Takemichi's gf. She's too involved at this point. :(

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-14-2021, 03:15 PM
Mikey is clearly a psychopath, a charismatic one at that. As explained by the episode and the MC, Draken is his heart. Even psychopaths can feel empathy and affection for others if they choose to, and Mikey likes Draken, so he is willing to follow Draken's morals.

neflight86
Thu, 05-20-2021, 09:53 AM
I like how this cliffhanger seems like it could lead anywhere. It's gripping. Does this mean the fight is happening early, or will this lead to the confrontation where Draken gets killed?

I also like how Takemichi has no actual sway with these delinquents other than as a novelty to Mikey, and that only goes so far... but he doesn't really care because he has more important things to deal with. Just not the 'strength' to steer these kids like he'd like to. Its super interesting to watch. Mikey is also showing some tears in his softness for Draken when he suggests maybe a war isn't the best first thing to do.

MFauli
Sat, 05-22-2021, 02:17 PM
episode 7:

ending the episode on an obvious comedy reaction? ugh >_<

Honestly, it always breaks my suspense of disbelief when I see scenes such as where Mikey and Draken broke all of Takemichi's stuff. Like, that's just not funny, lol. I'd be furious and they could go fuck themselves, me callling the police and demanding recompensation. But eh, anime, right.

neflight86
Thu, 05-27-2021, 08:15 AM
I think the setup works well enough to cut through the 'serious' fight between Draken and Mikey- perhaps creating the possibility of reconciliation and saving Drake, but we know it won't be quite that easy.

MFauli
Sat, 05-29-2021, 02:52 PM
episode 8:

Goddammit, Takemichi, dont live Hina-chan by herself all the time! I swear, I've never had such "hopefully she doesnt get raped" anxiety ever before :/ She's such a great gf. but there's all those assholes that will do whatever they want :/

Very careless of Takemichi to not stay by Draken's side until August 3rd was over. He's there for a mission, so fucking make sure to stay there until the date is August 4th. What he's doing is akin to Kyouma destroying the microwave timemachine after one time travel thinking "I'm sure that saved Tuturu". >_<

Ah well. I hope Draken doesn't die, he's actually a somewhat interesting character, moreso than Mikey.

neflight86
Wed, 06-02-2021, 09:54 AM
Yeah; kind of lax for Takemichi to lower his guard so prematurely. His lot in life (current day) is beginning to make a lot of sense. He constantly makes poor decisions and is largely led by his emotions.

MFauli
Sat, 06-05-2021, 02:18 PM
episode 9:

that big brawl became boring when all those "named characters" showed up on Mikey's side, whereas only one "named character" was on the villains' side. Eh.

I hope Draken survives this. If not, it'd feel like all of this was for nothing, history hasnt changed.

neflight86
Mon, 06-07-2021, 02:28 PM
Fights are not the main selling point of this series. If anything, the most interesting bits are where Takemichi avoids disaster in spite of his lack of power and influence- by the strength of his character alone. It's a shame that so much screen time is given to the flat, barely choreographed fighting, when the bluster and posturing that proceeds it is far more entertaining.

I expected the other 'leader' of future Touman to be behind the division and attack- not this rando dude from Moebius that is apparently able to fight Mikey and not lose outright.

MFauli
Sat, 06-12-2021, 05:07 PM
episode 10:

Honestly, I don't quite get why Takemichi and his friends are THAT weak. This is like the opposite of the usual "protagonist and friends are stronger than no-name characters" trope. It wouldn't have felt out of place if they had at least fought on par with the goons, only their remaining leader that Akkun fought should have been togher than the rest. Ah well. Looks like the story actually makes progress, with Draken being saved by an ambulance.

Takemichi was an idiot for not calling an ambulance himself when he was at the main plaza in the beginning ,though.And one of the girls could easily have run back and called Micky.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-13-2021, 10:04 PM
Mikey is still busy dealing with the enemy leader and thugs.

His group is shit weak because they don't actually know how to fight. They were just pretending to be delinquents to feel cool. The thugs on the other side, while low level mobs, still know how to and have experience fighting.

What Takemichi and his group should've been doing is training under Mikey or some other Toman leader to get stronger and be useful. That or carry pepper spray.

neflight86
Tue, 06-15-2021, 08:25 AM
Boy... I suuure do like watching Takemitchi get punched but not give up to solve his problems... not. Thank goodness for some progression, because that trick is getting very tired. Maybe the pacing was better in manga form, but here it just drags over scenes that may have well been from earlier episodes.

I missed how he mounted the big guy, but at least he beat someone for once.

Hopefully Draken is actually saved this time, and we can see a changed future that is twisted in some other way. Does the kid brother notice when things change in present day, or is it exploratory for him as well?

MFauli
Sat, 06-19-2021, 02:32 PM
episode 11:

Finally! Somehow it feels like it has been forever since I last got to see a good happy end in a serious anime. Well, let's hope it is a happy end, lol.

The most pressing question right now is: If Takemichi successfully changed Hina's death from happening, how can Naoto still remember?

Also, it's a little convenient that Takemichi's entire life played out the same despite the changes he made to his past life. It's like "stupid younger Takemichi" does his best to ruin any progress that "old Takemichi" made, lol.

My hope's for next episode

- Takemichi gets back together with Hina
- Akkun gives Takemichi his old hairstyle :P

neflight86
Tue, 06-22-2021, 08:30 AM
Yeah, time travel is almost always paradoxical so some extent, and I typically hand-wave those elements.

Surely that isn't the end of the story, though, is it? We haven't interacted with the other would-be leader of Touman at all, yet it seems everything is going well in the altered future. If that's how this season ends, so be it. I also like a happy ending, but I expect that the girl is somehow twisted in another way as a final season's edgy kicker. It feels like there might/should be some more intrigue in the past to claw through, though.

MFauli
Sat, 06-26-2021, 04:56 PM
episode 12:

Man, fuck Takemichi, he was super annoying this episode :/

Running to a public bathroom in THAT situation?! Nobody does that.

And FFS, go to the OTHER side of the car, it'd be so much easier to pull Hina out. Yes, we then learned that she's crushed anyway, but he didn't know that, and trying to pull her through the car over his seat was just annoyingly dumb.

Tbh the overall story is dumb, too, now. So we're to believe that present Tokyo is ruled by some mafia that does what it wants. We're further to believe that Akkun would kill his former best friend because he's scared? WTH.

I want to like the final scene where he swears to find a future where Hina lives, but ... it's unearned at this point. Takemichi needs to become smarter.

Ofc, his new goal makes for an interesting further series now: Becoming the head of Toman himself.I wonder how that's going to happen. Will there be a time jump of a couple years? But then again, Takemichi didn't really profit from any growth spurt, lol. So either he gets some serious battle training or he's gonna be the type of "heart of the organization", gathering strong guys like Mikey and Draken with him.

neflight86
Mon, 06-28-2021, 07:50 AM
The little brother said it best: "I'm surprised you did it. After all, you're such trash..." I may have snorted a little.

This was a very awkward respite and it brings to question how memory is handled in this situation. Little brother had to research that the food stall death didn't happen, and apparently Takemitchi didn't remember dumping Hina (he apparently still had the old memory of her dumping him instead), so do only those two keep their memories? I don't expect a satisfying explanation of these mechanics, but I expect they will somehow play into things down the line.

Becoming head of Touman does sound more interesting because I don't see any feasible path to that- so crafting ideas has become fun again. This time, he's finally going to have to confront the other guy Touman leader. The story was wise to hold him back for this long. Someone new to interact with will make the next arc much more interesting.

MFauli
Sun, 07-25-2021, 11:54 AM
episode 16:

Ok, that was stupid. You're telling me that 2 guys who look up to Mikey so much that their sexuality could be questioned didn't know that the shop was Mikey's brothers? This is dumb.

Also, Kazutora is a psycho. The issue isn't that he killed (?) Mikey's brother, it's that he's willing to kill ANYONE at all!

On the flipside, everytime Mikey says "I'm gonna kill you" when he never does is rather cringe, lol. Just don't say "kill", it makes you look like a weakass bitch when you never follow through.

Anyway, fuck flashbacks.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-25-2021, 07:35 PM
Isn't he just intimidating people? That's normal. Following through is what is crazy.

MFauli
Mon, 07-26-2021, 02:24 AM
Isn't he just intimidating people? That's normal. Following through is what is crazy.

Considering how "serious" he acts in those moments, it's pretty cringe.

MFauli
Sat, 08-14-2021, 03:16 PM
episode 19:

FUCKING DOOOOOO SOMETHING, TAKEMICHI!

OMFG!!!111

I'm getting Gantz-flashbacks of characters that keep standing in place, watching as misery unfolds, instead of DOING something. God, I hated Takemichi's inaction in this episode so much. He's talking grandly about saving his gf and becoming the leader of Touman, yet he cannot even run up to Mikey to help him. Just throw yourself at one of the enemies, that'd be enough. Go let yourself get beaten up in front of Mikey to trigger his hero-powerup, lol. Just do SOMETHING.

sigh

neflight86
Thu, 08-19-2021, 02:22 PM
15-19

Well, he punched enough of Valhalla's fists with his face to inspire the other beat down Touman members to do the same, so he contributed in his own way- but yeah; the fight choreography and animation is frustratingly sparse and poorly paced. This is "anime time" at its worst, when internal monologue that in all likelihood takes 1/3 second has to be voiced over, and the resulting screen time lacks the sense of urgency those lines likely had in manga format, where you can abstract the passing of time. The same happens here; time isn't 'real time', but in animation with music, voice over, and scene pacing we don't control via our reading speed gives the illusion of sequential scenes being in real time.

Wierd how Mikey just completely dropped the whole 'bring Baji back or kill Takemitchi' thing without another word.

I was in abject disbelief when they brought in gang referees for this fight. El. Oh. El. What am I watching? This makes Westside Story look like a documentary in comparison.

On the bright side, things are happening, and this arc has actually been more interesting than the last one was (and quicker, too). I hope it wraps up next episode and doesn't pad this fight out too much so we can hurry up and see how the next event is what really changed the Tokyo Manji gang for the worse...

MFauli
Sun, 08-22-2021, 08:34 AM
Episode 20:

Dear fucking god, this anime suffers from the worst case of characters standing around, watching as something bad happens, but doing nothing since Gantz, for real.

My fucking god, this is so infuriationg. Takemitchi, you fuciking asshole, just don't keep standing at the bottom of that car pile, but climb up! Even if you wanted to let Baji do his solo-fight, just DONT TRUST THE SITUATION. Be ready to intervene whenever necessary!

Had he climbed up, he could at least help Baji now and punch Kisaki. But he waited at the bottom and now has no chance of helping in any meaningful way. FFS

This really frustrating to watch at this point.

MFauli
Sat, 08-28-2021, 06:07 PM
Episode 21:

"I couldn't do anything"

Man, fuck you, Takemitchi ...

neflight86
Tue, 08-31-2021, 08:10 PM
Like Miyazaki said, anime was a mistake.

This couldn't have been written nor storyboarded by adults, could it? The glacial pacing, lack of common sense, and ridiculous character motives and interactions should make this self-parody, but here we are... standing around and crying cuz a dude stabbed himself so the cause of his death would technically change from the mortal wound he already got to a self inflicted stab wound. That is not logic of the sane mind. And to top it all off, it was for friendship. Oh, no. Not that, please. Anything but that! This hurts to watch when it takes itself so seriously...

On the other hand, this does illicit some emotion from me, albeit the negative, meta, "how can this be handled so poorly" kind, so I'm engaged via frustration, so that's something.

I'm now annoyed when I see Takemitchi in the OP or ED without tears running down his face. That is not indicative of his actual character design in the show and thus constitutes false advertising... Please let this end soon.

MFauli
Tue, 08-31-2021, 09:40 PM
As you say, the opening and ending are actually really great and make it look like a wholly different show :/

shinta|hikari
Tue, 08-31-2021, 09:59 PM
All of that was dumb and horrible.

Teenage angst for cool points. This whole show is a chuuni joke now.

neflight86
Wed, 09-15-2021, 08:54 AM

This was a bit better. While there is no indication at this point we'll be getting a satisfying conclusion, the out-of-battle scenes where the delinquents 'run business' are far more entertaining than the awkwardly animated fisticuffs.

Mikey and Emma being related was fine, but detective Hinata (and her hat!) were very cute.

The sewing club scene was endearing, and almost reminds me that these kids might have some life outside of gathering at some shrine in matching jackets every few days, looking angry.

MFauli
Sun, 09-19-2021, 07:32 AM
If no S2 is announced soon: one of the worst anime and worst endings.

Come on ...

neflight86
Sun, 09-19-2021, 06:47 PM
A bold ending, indeed. If that doesn't sell you on reading the manga, nothing will.

Kisaki is just evil, no matter the timeline or causality; he is the root that needs to be stopped for things to go 'right' for Touman. We don't even know if Hinata was alive in this timeline, and there was no police raid to sop the trigger being, pulled. Most likely, the gun discharge will turn out to be a 'test' to see if Takemitchi was a narc. Kisaki probably doesn't have authority to just kill off executive level 'made men' on hunches.

Munsu
Thu, 12-08-2022, 06:44 PM
I just finished watching the first season and was quite disappointed despite it having some cool fights. Main character was a complete waste of time, he literally did nothing to try to change the events he supposedly was resolute in changing by any means necessary. And I don't mind the crying, that could've been cool gimmick... like the crying badass he could've turn himself to or some such, some sort of Crying Freeman...we didn't get. But he literally didn't do squat at any with all the foreknowledge he had going for him. Not only that, why the fuck isn't he doing any training to improve his fighting skill knowing that's what he'll be doing?

Like I can understand if he took steps to change events and those steps he took would change other events in unprecedented ways, but that's not what happened. Things literally happened as he and the audience knew they would unfold and he just stood around... crying.

All that said, I loved the final scene of the season. When he witness the car crash was also well done.

And yes, there's more anime coming... and... I'll be watching. Assuming he survived the last episode, hope it was a huge wake up call for him and he begins being more proactive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvAAMxzBdNY

MFauli
Sun, 01-08-2023, 08:07 PM
Season 2 Episode 1:

Well, guess I can use of my Disney+ subscription for once, lol.

I REALLY wish they'd have done a summary of season 1 at the beginning, because I have no idea who most of the characters are anymore. Will hopefully remember everything with time.

Not much to say about the story so far, although I find it hard to believe that Takemichi turned into a tough villain in the current present, lol. Was the guy at the bowling a younger Black-Dragon?

Munsu
Sun, 01-08-2023, 10:47 PM
Season 2 Episode 1:

Well, guess I can use of my Disney+ subscription for once, lol.

I REALLY wish they'd have done a summary of season 1 at the beginning, because I have no idea who most of the characters are anymore. Will hopefully remember everything with time.

Not much to say about the story so far, although I find it hard to believe that Takemichi turned into a tough villain in the current present, lol. Was the guy at the bowling a younger Black-Dragon?

Man I so fucking hate how a season ends with a pistol to the head and shot fired sound, then begin a new season removing that aspect of it.

Regardless, I like the new setup...we'll see how it goes. And yeah, hard to believe that Takemichi turned out this way... but it also begs the question, how does he save the future from himself once he transports his consciousness to the present/future? Power corrupts, and maybe that's explains it all. We'll see. All we know from him was that without his future insight, he was a big loser... so when he returned, he left his past loser self in a position of power. So I hope that is addressed in some aspect if possible.

MFauli
Mon, 01-09-2023, 06:21 AM
Man I so fucking hate how a season ends with a pistol to the head and shot fired sound, then begin a new season removing that aspect of it.

Regardless, I like the new setup...we'll see how it goes. And yeah, hard to believe that Takemichi turned out this way... but it also begs the question, how does he save the future from himself once he transports his consciousness to the present/future? Power corrupts, and maybe that's explains it all. We'll see. All we know from him was that without his future insight, he was a big loser... so when he returned, he left his past loser self in a position of power. So I hope that is addressed in some aspect if possible.

Tbh, it's weird how his travelling self can just overtake his present self tbw. I can almost see a twist happen where his travelling self is completely separate from the past and present self in absense of the traveling self. What I mean is: Everytime he returns to the present, his past self DOESN'T KNOW about the changes/intentions his future self made and just takes advantage of the new situation. In other words, Takemichi might be nurturing an asshole self that keeps getting stronger the more the traveling self helps itself getting into a higher position within Touma.

Just guessing, but it'd be some explanation.

Munsu
Mon, 01-09-2023, 10:13 AM
Tbh, it's weird how his travelling self can just overtake his present self tbw. I can almost see a twist happen where his travelling self is completely separate from the past and present self in absense of the traveling self. What I mean is: Everytime he returns to the present, his past self DOESN'T KNOW about the changes/intentions his future self made and just takes advantage of the new situation. In other words, Takemichi might be nurturing an asshole self that keeps getting stronger the more the traveling self helps itself getting into a higher position within Touma.

Just guessing, but it'd be some explanation.

That's already been established though, when he returns to the present his past self is really literally someone else. What we don't know is how much his past self retains or not. Like, does he have like a few weeks blackout and then has to work his way making sense of the past few weeks/days or does he remember those days but with little context on why he acted the way he did during those days, etc. and has no emotional attachment to those days.

This is mostly seen through his relationship with his girlfriend.

MFauli
Sat, 01-14-2023, 07:49 PM
Season 2 Episode 2:

STOP.STANDING.AROUND.WAITING.FOR.BAD.THINGS.TO.HAP PEN

Omg :|

- why does Hina not run away?
- why does Takemichi stay around?
- why does the younger brother do nothing?

Everyone is standing in a spot, waiting for one of the bad guys to do something. There is zero agenda from the "good" guys. This is really hard to watch :/

Also, Takemichi needs to get a real combat upgrade soon pls.

Munsu
Mon, 01-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Season 2 Episode 2:

STOP.STANDING.AROUND.WAITING.FOR.BAD.THINGS.TO.HAP PEN

Omg :|

- why does Hina not run away?
- why does Takemichi stay around?
- why does the younger brother do nothing?

Everyone is standing in a spot, waiting for one of the bad guys to do something. There is zero agenda from the "good" guys. This is really hard to watch :/

Also, Takemichi needs to get a real combat upgrade soon pls.

Yeah...

Nothing much left to say. Looking forward to seeing more of the Black Dragon boss though.

MFauli
Sat, 01-28-2023, 03:20 PM
Season 2 Episode 4:

ACtually good episode. Although there's so many things I wish Takemitchy would do. For one, I'd totally invite the glasses guy who's gonna murder them in the future what his deal is. Really do a 1 on 1 talk, totally honest, and maybe even try to become real friends.

Trapping Taiju when he's alone .. eh. I would have prefered that Takemitchi goes to Mikey and tells him "Mikey, you know that I often do weird things, but ultimately they bring good results. I tell you: we MUST destroy Black Dragon!" and then beg his way forward.

Also it's so weird how adults and police don't seem to exist in this world, lol

MFauli
Sat, 02-04-2023, 02:22 PM
Season 2 Episode 5:

"This time I'm protecting your future, Hina ... by repeating everything I know happened."

>_>

Otherwise an enjoyable episode. Hina's dad is an asshole, although he's not wrong. The whole gangs-thing is ridiculous to begin with. The flashback where cape-Takemichi got beat up ... WHERE ARE THE ADULTS? lol

Alslo lol: Hina's dad looks like he could be Kirisaki's brother, wtf.

MFauli
Sat, 02-11-2023, 07:00 PM
Season 2 Episode 6:

Ffs, played like a fiddle by Kisaki again.

MFauli
Sat, 02-18-2023, 06:26 PM
Season 2 Episode 7:

I mean, it's a cool moment at the end when Takemichi says "I'm gonna beat Taiju and take over Black Dragon", but ... we all know he's too weak to do it. So unless there occurs another deux ex machina moment, he'll just be beaten up in the beginning of next episode, lol.

MFauli
Sat, 03-04-2023, 02:11 PM
Season 2 Episode 9:

Ugh, this was so nerve wrecking. Until the last scene in front of the church, I kept shouting at the screen "stop turning away your eyes from Taiju, you fools!", because they all kept looking in the same direction XD Was waiting for some last minute bs. Fortunately, it seems Takemichi truly changed the events of the past this time <3

Ofc, the big asshole, Kiriya or whats his name, is still around and I already see Mikey protecting him for bs reasons.

Glad to see that Hina hasn't forsaken Takemichi.