PDA

View Full Version : Noblesse

Munsu
Wed, 10-07-2020, 12:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4GSDf8vlNs

* Based on a mystery supernatural webtoon written by Son Jeho and illustrated by Lee Kwangsu.

Raizel awakens from his 820-year slumber. He holds the special title of Noblesse, a pure-blooded Noble and protector of all other Nobles. In an attempt to protect Raizel, his servant Frankenstein enrolls him at Ye Ran High School, where Raizel learns the simple and quotidian routines of the human world through his classmates. However, the Union, a secret society plotting to take over the world, dispatches modified humans and gradually encroaches on Raizel's life, causing him to wield his mighty power to protect those around him... After 820 years of intrigue, the secrets behind his slumber are finally revealed, and Raizel's absolute protection as the Noblesse begins!

Source: crunchyroll

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=23083

In the early days of "webtoons", Noblesse seemed like it was the hyped series. Throughout the years, I've seen that it has been well received, but have never tried it. Will give this tv series a shot, which should be airing today. Looks like a couple of OVAs were released about 5 or so years ago, any of you watched them? Probably adapted something in the middle of the series, so not going to bother with those myself.

Kraco
Wed, 10-07-2020, 01:47 PM
Haha, Noblesse. May Raizel never run out of tea.

I read the manhwa quite far, but I think I stopped when KM became unusable. Or so I seem to recall. In any case it has been... two or three years already? It should have finished a long time ago, I imagine.

Edit: This anime is missing a chunk of the story from the beginning. I wonder if the earlier Awakening from some years ago is the beginning. I thought it's a totally different production, but perhaps not. I guess I should check it out.

Edit2: Yes, Noblesse Awakening must be watched before this new series.

Munsu
Wed, 10-07-2020, 11:04 PM
Haha, Noblesse. May Raizel never run out of tea.

I read the manhwa quite far, but I think I stopped when KM became unusable. Or so I seem to recall. In any case it has been... two or three years already? It should have finished a long time ago, I imagine.

Edit: This anime is missing a chunk of the story from the beginning. I wonder if the earlier Awakening from some years ago is the beginning. I thought it's a totally different production, but perhaps not. I guess I should check it out.

Edit2: Yes, Noblesse Awakening must be watched before this new series.

Watched the first episode, and yeah it seems to throw us in the middle of things... thought they may just go back and revisit the "past" after the first episode. I'll give the OVA a try then.

Not sure how I feel about the series just yet. Was hoping for better impression from the get go, but we'll see.

Kraco
Fri, 10-16-2020, 10:45 AM
Episode 2

- - - - - - -

This isn't half bad. I seem to recall the manhwa having its own kind of subtle humour, which is present here as well, but maybe not as good as in the original. Though of course this is still only the very beginning of the story. I feel like I'll keep watching the show for the time being. It has some good stuff, and, like I said before, my reason for dropping the manhwa wasn't the manhwa's own fault but KM becoming unusable.

The manhwa managed to present Rai's elegance better, however, that's an unavoidable flaw in the anime so far.