PDA

View Full Version : Why Sasuke would try to get Cursed Seal Level 2

sexy_no_jutsu
Tue, 12-09-2003, 02:07 AM
mmm, that sounds about right. sounds like naruto and the demon fox powers. if naruto can control the awesome powers, he'll become a more powerfull man than that he will just go beserk like in the haku-fight.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 12-09-2003, 03:37 AM
I don't know about that. It seems like Sasuke just grew impatient. early on in the manga Sasuke thought that he was getting stronger. He was the number one rookie. During the Zabuza/Haku story arc Sasuke discovered that there are ninjas out there far stronger than he is. In the Chuunin exam he discovers that there are plenty of ninjas close to home wh are far stronger than him. He even finds that some rookies (Gaara) are stronger than he is. The final straw is when Naruto-someone he longconsidered inferior-proves to be stronger. This was incredably frustrating. Sasuke lost his patience and decided to take the easiest path to power.

*mxyzptlk
Tue, 12-09-2003, 05:11 AM
also, just because kakashi says it'll be the end of his growth doesnt necessarily make it true.

I mean, there are different paths to power.. to make the story interesting, someone has to take the darker route.

Uchuu no Recca
Tue, 12-09-2003, 05:31 AM
Well basically I think Orochimaru's Curse Seal Jutsu basically seal's a part of his own soul/power in the target.

So, Sasuke now has a part of Orochimaru in him. Yeah, he is just like Naruto now having insane power in him that is not natural.

But Sasuke is too stupid to see that(ops sorry to all Sasuke fan)

Getting to level 2 would just mean that Orochimaru is allowed to get more of his soul into the target.

And eventually, Orochimaru will have soo much of his soul in the target that, basically the target have all of Orochimaru's soul corrupting that target.

And soo blah blah blah.....

Mut
Tue, 12-09-2003, 05:59 AM
majin sasuke.

Legato 2057
Tue, 12-09-2003, 06:24 AM
Sasuke didn't think far enough ahead to defeat the curse seal. He simply wanted the power now. Kakashi is right about being less powerfull because of the curse seal. It's just like steroids, you can gain power temporarily, but in the end you will pay the consequences. After he realized that Naruto was so powerful, he jumped the gun and took the power.

Destroyor
Tue, 12-09-2003, 06:25 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uchuu no Recca @ Dec 9 2003, 05:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Well basically I think Orochimaru&#39;s Curse Seal Jutsu basically seal&#39;s a part of his own soul/power in the target.

So, Sasuke now has a part of Orochimaru in him. Yeah, he is just like Naruto now having insane power in him that is not natural.

But Sasuke is too stupid to see that(ops sorry to all Sasuke fan)

Getting to level 2 would just mean that Orochimaru is allowed to get more of his soul into the target.

And eventually, Orochimaru will have soo much of his soul in the target that, basically the target have all of Orochimaru&#39;s soul corrupting that target.

And soo blah blah blah..... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Orochimaru is not some sort of demon http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sleep.gif ... please ... the curse seal extract chakra by eating up your body. Basically it&#39;s sort of like burning your cells compeletely as fuel and thus you gain power. Besides the physical the curse seal also place a heavy burden on the mind as well. The curse seal doesn&#39;t seal a part of Orochimaru into his target .... blah blah blah

jing
Tue, 12-09-2003, 07:43 AM
in my opinion, its because sasuke is jealous of naruto&#39;s sudden growth of power, and he wonders how hes done it. maybe he thinks he needs a sudden boost of power as well. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Legato 2057
Tue, 12-09-2003, 07:49 AM
But that&#39;s the difference between Naruto and Sasuke. Naruto&#39;s sudden bursts of power come from hardwork and learning how to use the powers he allready has. Sasuke&#39;s powers will come free (minus a little pain obviously). Naruto will always be stronger because of this.

somewhat
Tue, 12-09-2003, 08:02 AM
I think Sasuke&#39;s too frustrated at this point in time to think so deeply into getting the level 2 seal. He&#39;s so absorbed with killing Itachi that he wants power, in any way or form. All of his training and skills have been for that one goal, and he will stop at nothing to accomplish it. He also may have not trusted Kakashi when he said that the seal will limit his power, or at least have been too stubborn to admit he was taking the wrong route.

Then again, it may just be a convenient choice by Kishimoto-sensei so we could advance the plot and add even more conflict into the mess ^^

Nine Tailed Demon
Tue, 12-09-2003, 08:10 AM
At the Itachi scene he said &quot;The gap is still so huge even now, what have I&#39;ve been doing?&quot; and he hasn&#39;t done any type of training since(I think) so he&#39;s doing what made him feel the most powerful. Cursed Seal 2.

somewhat
Tue, 12-09-2003, 08:18 AM
Well said.

I would think he hasn&#39;t has any time at all for training since he hardly got out of the hospital and now he&#39;s gaining the lv.2 seal.

snowball
Tue, 12-09-2003, 11:29 AM
the sound were strong with out the cursed seal im not shure if he will gain that much power when he gets his lvl 2 at least not enough to beat naruto

SDShamshel
Tue, 12-09-2003, 01:03 PM
I&#39;ve been wondering why Sasuke would allow himself to follow the Sound and all, and at first, it seemed pretty obvious. &quot;I am an avenger,&quot; he states, and his goal is to gain more power. Naturally, that has to be it, right?

But then I looked at something Kakashi said, that if Sasuke gives in to the Cursed Seal, that will be the limit of his growth.

So with this, I believe that Sasuke isn&#39;t going for the Cursed Seal level 2 JUST to gain its powers. Instead, his goal is to receive it, then DEFEAT it, just has he had been able to supress his Cursed Seal before. He wants to gain power from being able to control his cursed seal even when it&#39;s that powerful.

That is how he will gain power.

Anyone else got thoughts on this?

IFIT
Tue, 12-09-2003, 01:20 PM
yeah I think something like same too.

Noonan
Wed, 12-10-2003, 04:39 AM
Actually Sasuke had to depend on the seal late in his fight with Gaara in order to use the Chidori a third (4th?) time; even with the curse seal he couldn&#39;t beat Gaara and was going to sacrifice himself to protect Naruto and Sakura ...

And Then Naruto went SSJ4 on Gaara and Sasuke flipped out.

So - Sasuke was upset that Naruto had been way better than he expected (to sasuke&#39;s view this growth had come out of nowhere - he had missed the end of the bridge fight and did not know about Naruto defending Iruka-sensei in the early manga).

Then a Month later Naruto busts out the Rasengan, and Itachi ignores Sasuke, while persuing Naruto...

Naruto had not only seemingly surpassed his strength - Naruto and his sensei (Jiraya) were fighting Itachi and seemingly holding thier own...

Sasuke was in danger of watching Naruto defeat his brother and render Sasuke&#39;s life COMPLETELY POINTLESS..

Sasuke had to have power NOW.. he is obsessed with becoming more powerfull than Naruto (and Itachi) IMMEDIATELY... but he doesn&#39;t understand what he&#39;s gotten himself into - his decisions have all been paniced ones.

Insomniac
Wed, 12-10-2003, 05:51 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Actually Lee had to depend on the seal late in his fight with Gaara in order to use the Chidori a third (4th?) time</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Lee? lol i assume you mean sasuke

Noonan
Wed, 12-10-2003, 07:04 AM
Doh&#33;

Insomniac
Wed, 12-10-2003, 01:12 PM
one thing we know is that as a result of the cursed seal level 2 its subjects are completely loyal to Orochimaru, and it was quoted by one of the sound nins that as a result of the cursed seal level 2 they gave up apart of their freedom

Now ask yourselfs why would Orochimaru go to the trouble of giving people the cursed seal if it has no beneficial effects for him? Personally i think it enhances the link between him and the person with the seal, giving them hullicinations that Orochimaru is telling them to do things, this &#39;gives&#39; their soul to Orochimaru so that he might inhabit their body

Sasuke believed what Kakashi was saying until he saw Naruto become &#39;stronger&#39; and then he flipped out, and the sound nins beating him just tipped him off the edge, who knows if he can beat the cursed seal level 2 at all?

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 12-11-2003, 07:29 AM
to me i just think that sasuke is just hunngry for more power ever since he met his brother again, and after witnessing the unlimited power of narutos kyubi chakra
so thus he just go greedy and now hes just searching for more power so that he doens feel weak still i think he d just a selfish bastard who shouldnt have been put int the story anime in the first place but hey hes int eh anime so cant stop them now

shikamaru__
Thu, 12-11-2003, 09:06 AM
His main goal in life is to kill Itachi, so therefore he got the cursed seal #2 for that reason.

This might have already been said but im too lazy to look in the thread for it.

Delirium
Thu, 12-11-2003, 11:08 AM
Everyone&#39;s being really harsh on Sasuke for making some bad choices.

I think Noonan got it perfectly. Sasuke was getting a long fine, trying to restrain the cursed seal and everything, despite seeing how strong Naruto was getting, until he was ignored by his brother, and it looked like Naruto and Jiraiya were able to hold their own (if they weren&#39;t, why else would itachi be more interested in Naruto than in Sasuke right?)

For those of you who don&#39;t understand what Noonan said, think of whatever it is that keeps you living. What is it that makes you get out of bed in the morning, what makes you go to work. For what reason do you continue to make yourself breathe, eat, and all that stuff? It&#39;s really hard in this day and age to think of your purpose to living, but try and imagine what it could be. Now, unless you get strong, and get really strong, really really quickly your reason for living is going to be taken away from you. Then, someone offers you a quick way to become really really strong. What do you do?

I&#39;m willing to bet that 9 out of 10 would choose to get the power quickly to be able to keep their reason for living.

When you&#39;ve dedicated yourself to a goal, and then see that someone else might beat you to it, not letting you get your say in as well, you tend to do irrational things. Sasuke is quickly finding out that he&#39;s not the only shark in the sea, and that he has a lot of growing to do. Meanwhile his friends (well, friend as I mean naruto) is quickly leaving him behind. He&#39;s just doing what he can to keep up.

I think if Sasuke knew about the Kiyubi in Naruto he wouldn&#39;t be acting anywhere near as bratty as he has been. Though him and Naruto might not be friends for much longer either http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

shikamaru__
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Very good point <u>Delirium</u>, your exactly right.

Sasuke is like a little child right now, meaning he&#39;s vulnerable and easy to persuaded because he feels he is weaker not only then Itachi but also Naruto. SO he feels that if he obtains cursed seal #2 that he can overcome both Itachi and Naruto&#39;s strengths.

SDShamshel
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:38 PM
It should be noted that Sasuke STILL does not know that Naruto has the Kyuubi in him. None of the children of his generation do. To Sasuke, Naruto has just suddenly gotten this massive power, and he doesn&#39;t know that Naruto had it all along.