PDA

View Full Version : Shinchou Yuusha: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious

KrayZ33
Sat, 10-05-2019, 12:43 PM
It reminds me a little of Konosuba.
It's a tad bit too silly but I smiled and laughed several times, mostly due to the funny engrish.
And I loved the fact that it made fun of itself and it's own genre in the first episode already.

"Goddess Listarte, the savior of the super hard-mode world Gairbrunde, summons a hero to her aid. The hero, Seiya Ryuuguuin, holds the cheat-rank status, but he is ridiculously cautious. For instance, he would buy three sets of armor: one to wear, a spare, and a spare for the spare. Beyond keeping an absurd amount of item stock, he remains in his room for muscle training till he reaches the max level and fights slimes at full power just to stay on the safe side.

(Source: MAL News)"

"prrroppaty"

David75
Sat, 10-05-2019, 02:44 PM
It was a bit too much at times. Probably a first ep side effect.
Two silly shows already, the other one with the zoophilia catcher...

MFauli
Sun, 10-06-2019, 01:05 AM
Was so-so. Could get old really fast. Was fun, but I'm ready to drop.

neflight86
Sun, 10-06-2019, 08:40 AM
Its weird; between this and the other one written by the Konosuba guy, this feels much more like Konosuba...

Shadow Skill
Thu, 10-10-2019, 01:20 AM
I thought this was lacking, a lot.

I think the overly cautious was played to OCD like levels and kind of ruined the episode for me.

KrayZ33
Thu, 10-10-2019, 10:38 AM
MC should have been on Sousuke Sagara's level in terms of preparation and caution etc.
Not sure in what way they are different, but this show's MC feels a little bit off compared to the one in Full Metal Panic.

Shadow Skill
Thu, 10-10-2019, 09:27 PM
Second episode better than the first.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-16-2019, 02:06 AM
I smiled and laughed several times, mostly due to the funny engrish.

"Sicksu packu..."

Munsu
Sun, 10-20-2019, 11:18 PM
RIP Albedo.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-23-2019, 10:46 PM

---

"So don't need them."

That's quality localization right there.

I can see now this series is going to spend at least half it's time, or more, in the god realm.

Shadow Skill
Sat, 10-26-2019, 10:55 AM
I got the Konosuba vibes from the third episode lol.

David75
Sat, 10-26-2019, 11:03 AM
Problem is: collateral damage from the hero will quickly escalate to demon king or even Evil God proportions...

KrayZ33
Sat, 10-26-2019, 12:00 PM
The hero is really unlikeable atm. He's really mean.
He'd gladly hurt others for his own benefit.

MFauli
Sat, 10-26-2019, 01:17 PM
This anime suffers from the small cast (hero.and goddess). Dropped for now, because it doesn't seem thst great.

Munsu
Sat, 10-26-2019, 08:12 PM
This anime suffers from the small cast (hero.and goddess). Dropped for now, because it doesn't seem thst great.

I've read most of the first light novel, but even watching the OP you can tell that more characters will be introduced, at this point seems silly to limit the cast to hero and goddess. This particularly true after an episode, that while boring, barely featured said hero in half of it and 3 additional gods took the chunk of the time and met allies at their new destination.

The hero is really unlikeable atm. He's really mean.
He'd gladly hurt others for his own benefit.

Yeah, he's quite unlikable. Not sure if that's a plus or not at this point.

I wonder what startled/surprised Ariadora when she saw the hero.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-27-2019, 12:31 PM
Everyone in this thread should be watching Hataage! Kemono Michi instead (by the Konosuba author). I don't know how the hell this one is higher rated.

David75
Sun, 10-27-2019, 01:48 PM
I watch that other one too. Latest episode was stalling a bit after the jokes got old.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-27-2019, 02:31 PM
Everyone in this thread should be watching Hataage! Kemono Michi instead (by the Konosuba author). I don't know how the hell this one is higher rated.I am.

Might help if someone actually made a thread for it.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-30-2019, 11:55 PM

---

I legit lol'd at the entire flight sequence. But especially the last bit.

KrayZ33
Thu, 10-31-2019, 12:02 PM
I love that goddess.

The faces and voice acting is so nice.

Shadow Skill
Thu, 10-31-2019, 06:49 PM
I really enjoyed episode 4. :)

shinta|hikari
Thu, 10-31-2019, 09:39 PM
The boob exposure during the flight was hilarious.

KrayZ33
Wed, 11-06-2019, 02:14 PM
Episode 05

------------------------------

hahahah, that was great.

The part when the phoenix slapped away that fire arrow - "get that trash outta here..."

aww..this is so refreshing because it's so damn silly.

"The ones, the ones, the number oooones.."
And the look of her face after that..

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-07-2019, 02:05 AM
I feel like the REAL reason he was summoned wasn't to defeat the Demon King, but to motivate crappy gods.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 11-09-2019, 06:10 AM
Well that end took a darker turn than I was expecting

KrayZ33
Wed, 11-20-2019, 03:10 PM
Episode 7

----------------------------------------

this show is so weird, I can't help but like it. The characters are all so quirky but also likeable.
I mean, that dragon-kin girl can do basically nothing, yet you almost feel bad for her because she knows it herself and is like "Well fuck it, I'm just gonna eat candy - getting fat is kinda my thing"

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-21-2019, 01:25 AM
I thought this concept would get repetitive, but so far it hasn't. They find ways to add new jokes.

Unlike Kemono Michi, which I'm cooling on because they just keep doing the same gags over and over...

shinta|hikari
Thu, 11-21-2019, 09:50 AM
I like this over Kemono. The fact that he is OP and there is something at stake for everyone else makes it a more meaningful watch, and the crazy goddess makes a better female lead than the sword thief.

KrayZ33
Wed, 12-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Episode 11

--------------------------------------------

that was rather brutal/dark

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 12-26-2019, 01:16 PM
Certainly did not expect that one bit.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 12-26-2019, 10:43 PM
I loved it. All of them got eaten by a frog monster Konosuba style, only this is a bit more permanent (for the mage dood, because females and MCs are immortal in anime).

I wish the Jabba the Hut demon lord somewhat migrated to this world which made it become S-class because he has devoured a goddess before. That would also explain why he could create weapons that can kill gods.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-29-2019, 04:07 AM

---

I wish the Jabba the Hut demon lord somewhat migrated to this world which made it become S-class because he has devoured a goddess before.Well apparently, he did one better and became SS-class. And if there was ever a season 2(though this series doesn't need one), you might even get to see him.

David75
Sun, 12-29-2019, 04:57 AM
That last ep felt a bit like a trainwreck. Anime stereotypes 101...
And yeah, an anime in that SS world would just mean more of the same, unless they have some meaningful twist that can last at least 10 eps...

Buffalobiian
Wed, 01-01-2020, 08:54 AM
That was entertaining enough. Please no S2 though, the characters are developed enough already. SS will be impossible without a decent party this time. Or.. they just really need to get those special items.

Munsu
Mon, 11-30-2020, 07:37 PM
That was entertaining enough. Please no S2 though, the characters are developed enough already. SS will be impossible without a decent party this time. Or.. they just really need to get those special items.

Finished the series a couple of weeks ago, and it turned out better than what I thought. As far as I understand it, there's enough content for another season, but honestly, I think where the series ended is good enough. I don't know the particulars of what happens afterwards, if the content is good, then I'd welcome it, but I think this first season was satisfying enough to let it be.