PDA

View Full Version : Carole & Tuesday

Munsu
Fri, 05-10-2019, 11:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhuuuVgkM6c

Plot Summary: Fifty years have passed since mankind began migrating to the new frontier: Mars. It's an age where most culture is produced by AI, and people are content to be passive consumers. There's a girl scraping a living in the metropolis of Alba City, she's working part-time while trying to become a musician. She's always felt like something is missing. Her name is Carole. There's another girl. Born to a wealthy family in the provincial town of Herschel City, she dreams of becoming a musician, but nobody around her understands. She feels like the loneliest person in the world. Her name is Tuesday. A chance meeting brings them together.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=21557

Just began watching Carole & Tuesday and liking it so far. It's from BONES and Watanabe Shinichiro, but probably overlooked because it's not a Crunchyroll series.

Anyone else watching? The music is well done.

https://nyaa.si/?f=0&c=1_2&q=pas+carole

David75
Sat, 05-11-2019, 03:37 AM
I do watch it, wrote somewhere in here for Mfauli it's a nice watch... And I'm ashamed I didn't start a thread.
I even have to re-encode each ep as Hi10 is software decoded on kodiboxes and their cpus aren't fast enough for that.

It's a chill out, nice to watch, soothing show. I'm pretty sure we won't get any surprise, it won't be a masterpiece or anything.
Just a nicely told/shown story with known recipes and ingredients, but still a nice watch.

MFauli
Sat, 05-11-2019, 10:43 AM
I hate the hair of the blonde girl and how fat it makes her face look. Her small eyes aren't helping.

Shallow reasons, come at me ;o

David75
Sat, 05-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Considering her age and attitude and background she'd probably be chubby IRL, so no complaints for that comment.
Now do you think you have something positive about that show you can share with us or you don't like it ?

neflight86
Sat, 05-11-2019, 12:18 PM
Really enjoying this. I like the songs (blessfully engrish-free), the fat manager, and the general positive, can-do attitude of the show; even if its a little naive.

David75
Sat, 05-11-2019, 12:41 PM
I guess it's almost in the feel good category, naïveness is a given :D

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-16-2019, 01:21 PM
I love this show. I find the girls sexy, and the songs are amazing.

Munsu
Fri, 05-31-2019, 11:34 AM
Well, we're now in a Tournament Arc... American Idol-style.

OG Bulldog...

neflight86
Fri, 05-31-2019, 02:34 PM
I loved the sakuga for web-idol-san. I couldn't believe they animated full motion for like 2 minutes straight.

If nothing else, this show is very fun to watch/listen to, unless the music is entirely not your thing.

Munsu
Thu, 06-06-2019, 10:17 PM
Fucking bullshit, fucking bullshit, fucking bullshit.

Holy shit, oh fucker.

David75
Fri, 06-07-2019, 08:11 AM
I can move mountains....

I've not been able to understand Cybel's song :confused: (cybel=si belle=so cute/beautiful, but play on words with cyber too I guess)

Most song in that show are better than average. But pronunciation is clearly under average and it matters... and it wasn't just Cybel's song

Munsu
Fri, 06-07-2019, 10:57 AM
I can move mountains....

I've not been able to understand Cybel's song :confused: (cybel=si belle=so cute/beautiful, but play on words with cyber too I guess)

Most song in that show are better than average. But pronunciation is clearly under average and it matters... and it wasn't just Cybel's song

Pronunciation in Cybelle's song or in general?

I haven't noticed any problems with pronunciations of English songs so far. They've hired actual English speaking singers.

David75
Fri, 06-07-2019, 12:46 PM
French is my native language, and I'd say I was around 20% words comprehension.
For Angela, english is not my native language and awful subtitles might explain why it felt off.

Edit: after listening Angela's song eyes closed (no rubbish subs) it's fairly simple. Just ever/better/weather the 'er' finishing with a strange accent (cockneyish i'd say) and I have doubts for the couplet : "if you believe you can do anything".

Perfectly bankable song with very little work.

Munsu
Fri, 06-07-2019, 01:16 PM
French is my native language, and I'd say I was around 20% words comprehension.
For Angela, english is not my native language and awful subtitles might explain why it felt off.

Edit: after listening Angela's song eyes closed (no rubbish subs) it's fairly simple. Just ever/better/weather the 'er' finishing with a strange accent (cockneyish i'd say) and I have doubts for the couplet : "if you believe you can do anything".

Perfectly bankable song with very little work.

What subs do you use for the series?

Here are the main artists:
http://caroleandtuesday.com/music/artists/

David75
Fri, 06-07-2019, 03:04 PM
Subs: whatever is not Hi10 and comes first. Usually deadfish, just a re-encode so it's fine.
Today was another file/source and it was quite awful.

Thanks for the useful link. Alisa, singing Angela's song is from Australia and has been moving around Australia/UK/Japan.
I was also thinking Australian accent... so that's it !

Munsu
Fri, 06-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Subs: whatever is not Hi10 and comes first. Usually deadfish, just a re-encode so it's fine.
Today was another file/source and it was quite awful.

Thanks for the useful link. Alisa, singing Angela's song is from Australia and has been moving around Australia/UK/Japan.
I was also thinking Australian accent... so that's it !

Ah OK, I watch the [PAS] release, no complaints so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-PWTsc0lC8

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-23-2019, 03:39 AM
Fucking bullshit, fucking bullshit, fucking bullshit.

Holy shit, oh fucker.

That came out of nowhere and it was hilarious as fuck. I watch PAS as well.

Episode 11

--------------------------------

I like Carole & Tuesday's earlier songs. Their "debut" songs at the sneaky auditorium and the independent bar were my favourite. The latest song, as well as the "fill in for Joshua" song were my least liked.

For much of the series it seemed like their duo were the only ones making music with real instruments.

David75
Thu, 06-27-2019, 01:19 PM
Episode 12:

-----------
Liked the asteroïd as a moon. Don't know if others catched it
Liked the short "bullit" like chase.

Loneliest Girl is a great song.
Fire was nice too, but it needs a better voice/arrangement maybe ?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-27-2019, 02:31 PM
Fire came out as a much stronger contender than I expected.

On the other hand, I liked the melody of Loneliest Girl, but I thought the lyrics would do with better rhyming. Sometimes phrases just didn't feel like it ended on an appropriate syllable.

(edit: actually, listenning again it's only the final line of the chorus, the rest is actually fine.

"Can you feel my teardrops of the loneliest girl" keeps sounding out of place to me".

All that said and done, here's the lossless version of the song. (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8552ab12149a54320917449e1eedd 5cf97ed2bc6&dn=Carole%20%26%20Tuesday%20-%20The%20Loneliest%20Girl%20%5BFLAC%5D&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fann ounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fan nounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce ))

Songs aside, Tuesday casually girl-running out the gate while Roddy got casually tased was my favourite scene.

neflight86
Thu, 06-27-2019, 05:39 PM
Roddy getting tazed was pretty funny. Though the animation didn't quite hold up to previous weeks, something has to give when they animate that much motion, methinks. Great final, and I'm excited to see where the show goes next, now that they are going to debut.

I hope we get to see Angela's reconciliation with her freckles manager. She deserved better.

I also loved the "by the by, I'm about to go kidnap a girl. You want in?" from the manager. Lovable crew.

Rumor has it there's a 12.5 recap next week...

Munsu
Thu, 06-27-2019, 07:12 PM
It was worth the wait for the full version of Loneliest Girl, kept complaining why they kept having sub-par songs when compared to the first one they introduced, but it was worth the wait.

And yeah, Angela's song was good.

In all, it was a safe way to go about this episode, but I'm pleased with it.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-18-2019, 01:16 AM
Episode 13

------------------------------

Army of Two > Breathe Again, that's for sure.

David75
Thu, 07-18-2019, 12:42 PM
Polished Army of two yes.
Angela's ED is fine too.
I'm surprised by the sheer number of tunes I do not dislike right off the bat as I usually react...
I'm still waiting for the 7 minutes of grace :D

neflight86
Thu, 07-18-2019, 08:03 PM
Good stuff, and as a Texan, I can confirm that looking good in a cowboy had does indeed make you an honorary one of us.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-18-2019, 08:57 PM
I can't believe you are from Texas. Is your name Ted?

Munsu
Fri, 07-19-2019, 12:14 AM
I liked how we could see both versions of Army of Two, I wonder if we'll get "band versions" of the other songs as well.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-19-2019, 12:30 AM
Where are these "two versions" that you guys are talking about? I only remember them playing this once in the slums.

Munsu
Fri, 07-19-2019, 01:02 AM
Where are these "two versions" that you guys are talking about? I only remember them playing this once in the slums.

That's because you're one episode behind... we're on episode 14.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-19-2019, 10:50 AM
That's because you're one episode behind... we're on episode 14.

Right.

Episode 14

---------------------------------------

Hmm, Band version does sound more polished indeed. From a fundamental perspective I just like the melody more so than Breathe Again.

The "acoustics" version did have rawer vocals which I quite liked.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-07-2019, 09:03 AM
Various Artists - CAROLE & TUESDAY VOCAL COLLECTION Vol.1 (FLAC) (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ccdd2c2d040f9b5bdaa3225333f21 36d632ff191&dn=Various%20Artists%20-%20CAROLE%20%26%20TUESDAY%20VOCAL%20COLLECTION%20V ol.1%20%28FLAC%29&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fann ounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fan nounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce )

Fucking Bullshit

neflight86
Thu, 08-08-2019, 07:26 AM
Thank you, sir.

David75
Thu, 08-08-2019, 03:42 PM
Various Artists - CAROLE & TUESDAY VOCAL COLLECTION Vol.1 (FLAC) (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ccdd2c2d040f9b5bdaa3225333f21 36d632ff191&dn=Various%20Artists%20-%20CAROLE%20%26%20TUESDAY%20VOCAL%20COLLECTION%20V ol.1%20%28FLAC%29&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fann ounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fan nounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce )

Fucking Bullshit
Thanks a lot !
I still think "Light a fire" deserved a better suited singer. She clearly has problems for low notes. And in "All I want" it feels like she lacks a bit of technique.
We will have to wait for a while for the new ED I guess.

neflight86
Thu, 08-22-2019, 08:11 PM

Kind of disappointing we haven't gotten musical numbers for the last two episodes, but the story stands on its own since I'm invested in the characters. Guess I was spoiled by Mars Brightest... Good to know that the journalist was actually hired to do exactly what he looked like he was trying to do: get the hot goss on Tuesday's mom. Also neat that Angelia is dealing with problems on her spectrum of popularity. I also thought the scene with Hofner was cute when the girls followed Gus's predictably wrong advice. Still a solid show, but at its best when throwing music at us; please come back!

David75
Thu, 08-29-2019, 12:54 PM

-–—•—–-•-–—•—–-•-–—•—–-•-–—•—–-•-–—•—–-•-–—•—–-•-–—•—–-•-–—•—–-•-–—•—–-•-–—•—–-•

Well the big scene is there, pretty boring events outside the music performances, except maybe some future with that raper.
Angela's/Ertegun show/song wasn't up to what the groove we usually have for Angela. She had better before.
Carole and Tuesday scored another nice tune. Surprised the band is almost useless since I don't think they'll have another title at that festival, or that was just some kind of intro to a longer event ?. What's needed is exposure for the album so I guess that song is pretty much what Carole and Tuesday are as musicians and as a duo.

David75
Thu, 09-12-2019, 04:41 PM
20&21

Angela going south... well it was clear it could happen.
I was surprised to like both tunes from Ezekiel/Amer

For some reason the ending song captivates me everytime.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 09-12-2019, 11:54 PM

I was trying to catch up and...

You guys missed this??

David75
Fri, 09-13-2019, 07:54 AM
6 fingers ? Well I missed it. But it's a minor detail... and it's something that exist IRL. Also, solar particles are a lot higher on Mars, unless terraforming also came with a magnetic shield...

neflight86
Sat, 09-14-2019, 07:33 AM
I'm willing to bet the bottom 'finger' is actually just the pudge of his palm that you can likely see in your own hand if you make the same "thumbs up" motion without enough shading to completely sell it.

I hope Angela isn't taking her mom's meds. Also, it would be neat if Angela's mental constitution were foreshadowed to be deteriorating, but apparently they are not blood related, so there goes that tension... I'l be satisfied so long as she doesnt happen to be related to Carole or Tuesday.

I would have like to hear the conversation between Crystal and Gus... though we can all pretty much imagine how it went.

David75
Sat, 09-14-2019, 09:37 AM
Or that she's related to Tao. That would be cheap.
Because we do not know the motivations Tao has to work with Angela. I don't know how to express it well, but it feels like his craft creating music/hits with an incredibly advanced AI system he developed all by himself. His experience and skills are to eliminate the human artist to create music, feels a bit strange to enter a project where he needs to grow Angela as a top charts singer.
You could say it's a way to show his AI is top notch, but doesn't sound right.

Munsu
Sun, 09-29-2019, 10:20 PM
Well, finally caught up to episode 23...

Guess it's time to hear the miracle song or whatever, only one more episode left.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 09-30-2019, 12:57 AM
3more .

Munsu
Mon, 09-30-2019, 05:07 AM
3more .

Everywhere it's listed as 24 episodes.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Ep 24 FINAL

---------------------------------------

That was pretty cool. Somewhat optimistic given that police these days would fire and ruin the song but whatever. The test tube baby subplot line came out of no where.

neflight86
Thu, 10-03-2019, 06:24 PM
The ending episode at least pulled all of the episodic portions of the second cour together and overpowered its own cheesiness with a catchy anthem. I like it.

David75
Fri, 10-04-2019, 10:26 AM
Cheap Tao/Angela link... :cool:
Cheap animation at times for that last ep.
Song is well written as an anthem yes, Remember that Ethiopa song eons ago ? Feels a bit like that, works with same techniques.
Now I'm waiting for a full album because some tracks are to keep for a longtime, others are literally bullshit :p

All in all a nice show about music. I can write my time watching it was not lost.

Munsu
Sat, 10-19-2019, 12:02 PM
Wow, they're fucking trolls..."Will be continued... in your mind."

Nice song to put everything connect everything together, so on that regard satisfactory. Would've liked if they brought their first song out more throughout the series, I feel like there was maybe one or two songs that had the same level of quality to that one.

They rushed some sub-plots with some convenient ease, which made the sub-plots feel completely wasted and contrived.

Other than that, very glad this anime was made, enjoyable, with a myriad of quality songs to go with them. Having English-speaking singers did a world of difference, hope future animes take notice of that single aspect if anything.

David75
Sat, 10-19-2019, 12:51 PM
Well Netflix is the obvious reason the english part was managed that way.
I'm always amazed at how poor other culture/languages are managed even in "quality" anime or tv drama...
Japan is not that isolated anymore, plenty of native speakers live there and some of them would probably help in some ways.
Or is it the anime studios are so time/money constrained that they have to do with google translate and the likes and the limited knowledge some guy from the team has/can get ?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-19-2019, 08:49 PM
My uninformed opinion is that they either don't appreciate the difference in pronounciation or simply don't care because domestic acceptance is all that matters to them (regardless of income stream).

neflight86
Sun, 10-20-2019, 03:26 PM
Other than that, very glad this anime was made, enjoyable, with a myriad of quality songs to go with them. Having English-speaking singers did a world of difference, hope future animes take notice of that single aspect if anything.

Agreed, the music production made this something special, while the remainder of the story actively avoided the worst trends in anime to become something much more appreciable and approachable by a western audience, at least.