PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-07-2018, 02:05 AM
So, the final season of Fairy Tail has started.

I know there's a subforum for FT, but ain't nobody going to go down there to look at it, so, what the hell, I made a thread that maybe people will actually use.

---

*sigh* I missed you, Lucy.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-07-2018, 03:29 AM
I feel like I've missed something...

... like, the last thing I remember was the E.N.D. crew who tried to summon Face to wipe out all of magic.. and it succeeded? Or maybe everyone managed to deactivate it..

..that's it.

I've got to try to dig that old episode up again to see what I've missed.
Meanwhile, was there supposed to be a re-run somewhere?

Up to speed now.

I forgot how weird it was that Arcnologia just upped and left after defeating Igneel.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-27-2018, 08:40 PM
Episode 281

-----------------------------

They better go back and explain why they thought Gray was going to kill Frosche. That's what started this whole thing.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Hmm? Oh sorry, I was distracted from the plot-holes by the sexy Lucy torture.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Yep. Looks like they're totally brushing it off.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-11-2018, 04:57 AM
Right! That explained nothing!

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 11-12-2018, 03:42 AM
So Frosh was never killed or in any danger in this timeline because Natsu took the job instead. That's all I can gather from it.
I do hope there is a next season because Erza seems to be wearing less and less protection each time. Which I am fine with.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-12-2018, 04:18 AM
So Frosh was never killed or in any danger in this timeline because Natsu took the job instead. That's all I can gather from it.Yeah, but if Grey was only faking being evil, why would he have ever killed Frosh in the first place?

I do hope there is a next season because Erza seems to be wearing less and less protection each time. Which I am fine with.Well, it's literally called "Fairy Tail Final Season" and since the manga has already ended, I'm guessing this season is going to run to the end of the manga.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-17-2018, 10:39 PM

---

Well that was a nice lore dump.

Also reminded me how much I like all these charaters.

I really love how, unlike Naruto, this series is smart enough to keep it's iconic music themes.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-18-2018, 03:41 AM
They blamed the Death God for the Curse of Contradiction, but the dude never really made an appearance. The curse happened while Zeref was despairing about being kicked out.

If they wanted it to clearly be from a god then they should have shown it. (We've just been shown that gods can descend and whatnot). Otherwise blaming it on an invisible being is rather convenient. The whole "I live forever" thing goes against thing being a lie (that is, Zeref really is cursed by something more powerful than him), the execution just felt a bit weird.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-18-2018, 11:46 AM
Well, it does seem weird that, after years of breaking the death god's taboo, the god would choose the moment that they school finally put a stop to his research to curse him.

Either the death god wants the opposite of what they think he does, or, yeah, it's completely unrelated to the god and is something else entirely.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-05-2018, 10:15 PM
Ep 286

------------------------

I almost hope they didn't kick those guards in the face. It would have been a great opportunity to explore concept of letting smaller evils roam in order to tackle the bigger picture. For now, they're righteous and got to exercise it as much as they want. Cool as it may be (soundtrack and all), the missed opportunity to provoke some thought and debate saddens me. FMA would have taken it up I reckon.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 12-08-2018, 12:20 AM
These have never been those kinds of characters.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-09-2018, 06:20 AM
These have never been those kinds of characters.

No, they have never been. What happened that episode was entirely in keeping with the characters to date, and the show Fairy Tail in general, along with individual power levels varying wildly based on little logic.

None of that takes away from the fact that they could have explored deeper nuances of morality than they choose to.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-16-2018, 02:00 AM

---

For fuck's sake! Fire and lightning don't evaporate and disintegrate sand!

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-16-2018, 05:48 AM
Sand also doesn't dry out whatever it touches either. That's more like... fire...

I thought Natsu's fire was gonna turn the sand into glass or something to be honest.

Looking at the power levels now, Gildarts would probably be the strongest on Ishgar right now.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 12-16-2018, 09:22 AM
Yeah but wasn't Bluenote said to be as strong as he was and yet Natsu clobbered him?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-16-2018, 09:42 PM
Yeah but wasn't Bluenote said to be as strong as he was and yet Natsu clobbered him?

Yeah. So Bluenote was as strong as Gildarts was, and Natsu cloberred him. Natsu's at least as strong as pre-timeskip Gildarts.

Sandking seems to have the upper hand on Natsu right now, and Sandking is supposed to be about as strong as God Serena. From what we saw today, Laxus is at least comparable with him. Neither broke a sweat.

So if Natsu is perhaps stronger than Gildarts once was, and Laxus is as strong as the best in the nation around 1 year ago, then Gildarts is...... ?!

I'm assuming all these FT dudes train their asses off, or otherwise continue to improve. As strong as these guys get, there has never really been a long-lasting upset in relative ranking amongst our main cast, with the exception of Cana getting a boost during the Games when she got given/taught Fairy Glitter. Mavis said Cana had talent, but nothing else has suggested she'll continue to master Fairy magic.

It's still (Gildarts > ) Laxus > Erza/Mira > Natsu/Gray/Gajeel > everyone else.

Makarov is different in that he's old and was also living in enemy territory during this time.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-16-2018, 10:48 PM
I don't understand Makarov...

Like, he's supposedly the strongest in Fairy Tail. But so far, all we've seen out of him are Choji powers.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-17-2018, 12:37 AM
I don't understand Makarov...

Like, he's supposedly the strongest in Fairy Tail. But so far, all we've seen out of him are Choji powers.

Technically he could Fairy Law every time he fights, but there'd be no fight.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-23-2018, 02:52 AM

---

Zeref lolicon confirmed.

Some good lore dump going on tho.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-23-2018, 03:06 AM
That whole "love" thing came way too easily. Those guys met like... 3 times. Eh, whatever.

The soundtrack was on point as usual.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-23-2018, 08:37 PM
That whole "love" thing came way too easily. Those guys met like... 3 times. Eh, whatever.Well, when you think you're the only panda left on the planet, and you suddenly run into another panda, that probably lubricates the process.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 01-15-2019, 01:21 PM
GARR mode in FT really is great.

Erza jumping in was lit as fuck.

(btw that was Ul in the openning. wtf.)

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 01-15-2019, 03:58 PM
Let's not forget that Demon chick Seilah from Tartaros.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-10-2019, 12:57 PM

---

Zeref is fucking stupid, saying all that shit that would make Natsu not want to kill him.

Unless he's changed his mind about wanting to die.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-10-2019, 01:01 PM
Happy you emotional cat. You might have just destroyed the world had it not received plot armour prior.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-07-2019, 10:35 AM

---------------------------

Ultear "Thigh Gap" Milkovich is back!

I was wondering how they'd do it. This whole time-rift thing ain't a bad way to do it, though my understanding last time was that she got old.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 03-10-2019, 03:29 AM

---

Lucy really does have it rough. She can't seem to go a single fight without losing her clothes.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-10-2019, 07:11 AM
Fairy Tail feels are real. Thanks for your service Shelia. :'(

lol @ Natsu's "Big deal, she wears skimpy stuff anyway."

DarthEnderX
Sun, 03-10-2019, 03:47 PM
"I figured out how to defeat Zeref!

His minions are all idiots."

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 03-12-2019, 02:09 PM
Not completely inaccurate.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-14-2019, 01:48 AM

---

WHERE THE FUCK IS GILDARTS!?

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 04-14-2019, 10:15 PM
No idea. I mean the chick shrunk the entire continent. So if he is on there he would have noticed. Though I just think that the creator remembered that he made him OP and just put him on the side lines for now.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-15-2019, 07:11 PM
I mean, he's not OP compared to the people they're fighting right now, and it's, like, the final battle!

I did think it was funny that she sent Arcnologia to, like, the far side of the planet.

I originally thought this war was going to end in some big 3-way battle, but now I guess Arcnologia is just going to be the Kaguya to Zeref's Madara.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-16-2019, 12:57 AM
Gildarts probably died of syphilis at the rate he was going.

If the goal was to make someone's daughter unlovable, you can turn them into things other than an adorable mouse.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-21-2019, 12:25 AM

---

Well that sucked. The whole arc up till now has been a complete waste of time.

But hey! Gildarts!

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-21-2019, 01:46 AM

---

Well that sucked. The whole arc up till now has been a complete waste of time.

That feeling when the boss has a second phase after the cut scene. :S

Seriously, just Fairy Law these fuckers and we're good.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 04-21-2019, 05:40 AM
Yeah the old man should just use Fairy Law and take care of the fodder. Sure it won't off the Spriggan 12 since they are most likely just more powerfull than him but damn. It would save em all a lot of effort.

But yeah, at least Gildarts is back.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-05-2019, 02:27 AM

---

BS. The chain shouldn't have disappeared if neither of them was actually dead.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 05-06-2019, 04:26 AM
Well I suppose he let the chain disappear because he thought they were both dead.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-07-2019, 09:43 AM
Yeah that bit was weird, because the events went:

1) "mortal wounds" on both parties.
2) Both minds seemed to have cleared.
3) Chain broke.

I'm not sure at which stage the spell broke because of the caster or whatever.

What I'm saying is.. fuck it. Juvia's not even dead. I want my tears back.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Yeah, they're doing that a lot. They want us to feel for these noble sacrifices, but everyone just ends up being fine.

It's hard to give them too much shit for it though because One Piece does that all the time(until that one time they don't do is SUPER FUCKING HARD).

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-12-2019, 05:17 AM
Let's see if they can give a convincing reason for why Gray now wants a piece of Natsu.

Sure, he's the END that everyone wants to get their hands on, but he's not the dude who's killed anybody. If anything, he's supposed to be the one thing left that can take on Zeref (aside from Arcnologia). Gray's got no reason to kill Natsu aside from either "Dad said so" or "Other Ice Dude promised me that once END is dead Zeref will stop his invasion."

Both of those sound weak.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-25-2019, 10:58 PM
Just caught up on 309 and 310

-------------------------------------------------

1. Makarov dying didn't have the intended effect because I was doubting it the entire time. That's what happens when you use too many fakeouts, even if his death was more likely given he's old. Law having a cost is new. That was only with the imperfect version last this was discussed.

2. Gray's motivation to beat Natsu was an asspull, as expected.

3. Larcade's virgin-weeding spell lol.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-26-2019, 02:13 AM
Anti-nonvirgin orgasmo ray!!!

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 05-26-2019, 04:53 PM
Ha yeah, so basically everyone who has had sex is a victim of this spell. Surprisingly Cana is not affected despite being a drunk a lot of the times.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-02-2019, 12:32 AM

---

Okay, Larcade has the best spells ever.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-02-2019, 01:32 AM

---

Okay, Larcade has the best spells ever.

Agreed.

As for Shadow-White dragon, it makes somewhat less sense to say "I can eat all white magic"... "oh, and dark magic too for that matter".

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-02-2019, 04:49 AM
It's not new. Future Rogue already did this.

We've also seen Natsu eat lightning before, so it's not like Dragon Slayers haven't eaten other elements.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-02-2019, 06:58 AM
I know it's not knew, just.. don't make a big fuss out of the fact that the affinity matches when it actually doesn't matter anymore.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-02-2019, 11:13 AM
Well, they still don't LIKE eating other elements. So you can at least feel their sacrifice of, like, having to eat yucky vegetables.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 07-07-2019, 12:30 AM

---

Okay, this has gotta be the last new OP.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-01-2019, 02:10 AM

---

Phew, I was starting to worry that was actually the end.

Still, it was a real nice ending to the Zeref plot.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-28-2019, 11:22 PM

---

And now it actually is over!

Is was a sweet fun story overall. Very cliche shounen that didn't feel like it had any interesting themes, but I enjoyed my time with it.

Garjeel seeded Levy...