PDA

View Full Version : Angolmois - Genkou Kassenki

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-17-2018, 09:19 PM

SynopsisThe scary great king comes from the other side of the sea… The big incident ‘Genkou‘ that shook medieval Japan is being drawn in an original way in this historical anime, along with the beginning of the Samurai…!

Episodes (https://horriblesubs.info/shows/angolmois-genkou-kassenki/#02)

-----------------------------------------------------

My favorite anime this season. Bonus points for the protagonist not having a generic shounen hero face.

neflight86
Wed, 07-18-2018, 01:31 PM
I really enjoyed this one too, so far. I like the big, dumb pirate.

When I heard 'Tsushima', I immediately thought of the "Ghosts of Tsushima" video game. I wonder if they are both referring to the same invasion?

Munsu
Sat, 07-28-2018, 01:28 PM
Just watched the first 3 episodes, and agreed... liking this one quite a bit.

Kraco
Thu, 08-16-2018, 04:38 PM
After the first four episodes, yes, this is a quality show so far.

Kraco
Mon, 09-03-2018, 04:21 PM
Episode 8

- - - - -

I can't help but feel like those folks lack a certain sense of danger. Considering they do have war veterans among them, it's kind of strange. Even when they suspect someone, they seemingly don't do anything about it. Considering the suspected person is back, it's obvious he would have a new mission as a collaborator if he indeed is guilty. Maybe they just didn't show in the ep that they might keep an eye on him. In the end it's not like they could change anything anymore. People wandering around alone is something they should have stopped a long time ago, so it's too late, which bring me back to what I started this paragraph with.

Maybe it's just the difference between modern people and those from the old times.

I expected the Mongols to kill the traitor after getting the info. I guess they will keep him around as long as he's useful.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 09-03-2018, 06:42 PM
I think they might have a plan to catch the traitor, or at least will start forming one soon.

Is the MC really dense or does he know princess is wet as the ocean for him?

Kraco
Tue, 09-04-2018, 02:38 AM
I think they might have a plan to catch the traitor, or at least will start forming one soon.

I really do hope so. The fact he's back, risking his life, means he must possess further work in the castle. It's either sabotage or securing something, like the princess, so that she won't get killed by accident. Other than that, they can't anymore change the fact their carelessness revealed their position to the enemy.

What I'm surprised about is how those guys decided they can trust the Mongols in the first place. The Mongols liked to slaughter or enslave everyone they met on the island and burned the town to the ground as well. They clearly weren't interested in having Japanese as their subjects, under their rule, on the island. I wouldn't personally be able to trust such people.

Is the MC really dense or does he know princess is wet as the ocean for him?

Hasn't he lost a family before? He might not want to have anything to do with women and children anymore.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 09-04-2018, 07:29 AM
I'm actually not surprised by those idiots trying to go to the other side. The Japanese side is in desperate straits with likely no hope of survival in the long term, and they are prisoners, criminals who were actually caught, so they aren't the best at making risk based assessments.

Kraco
Sun, 10-07-2018, 03:28 PM
Episode 12 Final

- - - - - -

Almost an everybody dies story. I actually thought it might be, and an exceptionally meaningless one. Well, it wasn't, in the end, leaving the main couple alive. Funnily enough I'd have preferred the tree climbing brat and the girl interested in him to remain instead, but I guess it couldn't be helped. Since this was, kind of, dictated by real history, the conclusion was somewhat forced beforehand, so certain compromises are to be expected. Nevertheless, I wasn't too excited about how this progressed. The battles, especially towards the end, felt too scripted and stiff. It's beyond weird how the last duel ended, with neither dying. Maybe that Mongol general was a real one from history and couldn't die there, but it was too anticlimactic. If it was going to be like this, it would have been better to have a thorough everybody dies plot with strong style.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-07-2018, 04:17 PM
I really wanted the 2 young ones to survive. Like, what's the purpose of them dying there anyway?

The duel could've been more decisive, with the MC sparing the general's life, so everyone else lets him go.

Kraco
Mon, 10-08-2018, 03:19 AM
Yeah. With how the duel's ending was executed, it made very little sense. It would have worked much better following your suggestion.

What about the feudal lord who promised to send reinforcements but never did? Perhaps he got himself killed later in another battle against the Mongols, to make up for breaking his promise.