PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Summer Season 2018

Kraco
Mon, 07-09-2018, 03:00 PM
http://anichart.net/summer-2018

Granted, I still haven't finished even the spring season shows, but I still had a look at these. It doesn't look like a fabulous season for me, although that might be just fine since I'm not currently in an anime watching groove.

I already watched the first ep of the trashy isekai series Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu. I have been reading the manga, and while it indeed is hardly original (in any way) or innovative (in any way), it's quite entertaining. I'm of course waiting for the next season of Overlord. Who wouldn't be. Who knows, maybe I'll check out the Mongol invasion samurai series Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki, but I have a bit of a hard time getting interested in most titles this summer.

KrayZ33
Mon, 07-09-2018, 03:09 PM
Overlord, Titans, Hanebedo!, Isekai Maou

the rest didn't catch my interest.

MFauli
Mon, 07-09-2018, 07:07 PM
Any early recommendations?

Hanebado is nice, isekai maou is serviceable. Banana Fish was lame.

Anything already aired that's REALLY great?

Ryllharu
Tue, 07-10-2018, 01:12 AM
Anything already aired that's REALLY great?
Hanebado.

Goku Dolls was pretty funny for the first episode. It reminded me of Detroit Metal City. I dunno if the gag will hold out for a full season, but it worked and the voice cast pulls it off really well.

seanos
Tue, 07-10-2018, 08:25 AM
Really disappointed by Chūkan Kanriroku Tonegawa, but still holding out some hope. Spin-off off from Kaiji (which fell far short of Akagi!)
So far, Asobi Asobase has been the most enjoyable thing of the Summer series.