PDA

View Full Version : Golden Kamuy

neflight86
Mon, 04-16-2018, 01:37 PM

"* Based on a manga series written and illustrated by Noda Satoru.

In the early twentieth century, Russo-Japanese War veteran Sugimoto "Immortal" Saichi scratches out a meager existence during the postwar gold rush in the wilderness of Hokkaido. When he stumbles across a map to a fortune in hidden Ainu gold, he sets off on a treacherous quest to find it. But Sugimoto is not the only interested party, and everyone who knows about the gold will kill to possess it! Faced with the harsh conditions of the northern wilderness, ruthless criminals and rogue Japanese soldiers, Sugimoto will need all his skills and luck - and the help of an Ainu girl named Asirpa - to survive.

Source: ANN"

Genre(s): Drama, mystery, action, adventure

Golden Kamuy 01 (https://nyaa.si/download/1025186.torrent)
Golden Kamuy 02 (https://nyaa.si/download/1027413.torrent)

More entertaining than I imagined, and I was already expecting to have a good time. Much happened in the first episode and the story seems promising. The characters aren't naive nor idealistic, so I avoided that frustration. Recommended to give an episode or two.

Munsu
Mon, 04-16-2018, 02:26 PM
Personally, I was hoping for better on the first episode. But will giving the 2nd episode a try soon. Regardless it promises good action, so I'll definitely follow it.

MFauli
Mon, 04-16-2018, 05:33 PM
Mhmmm, raw squirrel brain ...

;/

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-16-2018, 11:16 PM
What the F...

MFauli
Mon, 10-15-2018, 08:34 AM
Season 2 is out
-------

That was ... weird.

1.) Show a Hannibal Lecter-like guy as if it's Pokemon. Sooo happy. :/
2.) Way too much cooking. Felt like I wss watching Shokugeki.
3.) Boy named 'boner'
4.) Pre-schooler wanting to marry old guy. Didn't even know that was supposed to be a girl.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-15-2018, 09:25 AM
I loved all those parts. That's what makes Kamuy Kamuy.

MFauli
Mon, 10-15-2018, 01:36 PM
I loved all those parts. That's what makes Kamuy Kamuy.

You're a weirdo

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-15-2018, 01:59 PM
Remember, this is a show with a kid whose name is shit. And an MC that eats (what she believes to be) shit because it tastes good. The cooking is also important because food is such a big part of culture, which is a big part of this story's appeal. It's Kamuy's unique flavor.

And yes, I am a weirdo.

MFauli
Tue, 12-18-2018, 03:18 AM
Episode 23:

This show had a lengthy meh-part in the middle, but the last 5-6 episodes have been great. 23 was really epic and I love how all the different plot threads are coming together logically. Actually the series finale I'm looking forward to the most this season.

MFauli
Mon, 10-12-2020, 04:12 PM
Season 2
Episode 1:

I'm instantly back in. Feels very nice after all those pretentious, shallow new anime this season. Finally a series that actually cares about world building and "realistic" characters that don't try to be cool all the time. The "wrong photo" joke never got old for me, lol.

Munsu
Fri, 10-16-2020, 10:08 PM
Need to get back into this series, I've only watched a few episodes and was enjoying it, even though I thought it was going to be better from the get go. Just need a new TV because mine died watching Goblin Slayer earlier in the week.