PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory

Munsu
Fri, 04-13-2018, 03:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYklFalgnhw

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=18796
http://www.crunchyroll.com/full-metal-panic-invisible-victory/videos

First episode of Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory is out. Hoping to find time for it today. Promo has kinda of an 80s action show vibe with the music lol.

And weird that these sites don't have an official description for it besides the standard "based on".

Kraco
Fri, 04-13-2018, 03:49 PM
If you are afraid some hi-tech folks are trying to track you down, you might want to turn off your phone...

I was great to hear all these voices again. They sounded exactly the same, starting with Yukana apparently immediately finding her Tessa groove. The general vibes were also the same, although the school goofing was cut very short. This might be a season with minimal comedy. Probably going to be quite grim considering Mithril itself is going down.

But, man, we sure waited long years for this!

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-13-2018, 03:51 PM
Entire major cast returned. It felt like Yukana (Tessa) and Yukino Satsuki (Chidori) immediately fell back into their roles.
Mao and Weber forever.
I started watching and immediately remembered the plot of the 2nd Raid even though it has been 13 years.

Ultimate hype!

edit: Xebec bridges the gap between Gonzo and KyoAni's animation styles.

Munsu
Fri, 04-13-2018, 04:16 PM
Oh man, was surprised when they said it's only been 9 months since Sousuke arrived.

All main VAs are instant love, Weber for me has always been top.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 04-14-2018, 08:44 AM
I hope this cour sells enough so that we can get the rest of the story. The rest of the story needs at least 2 cours to get fully animated, three if we include the side story-ish scenes.

Munsu
Fri, 04-20-2018, 11:13 AM
Man, 2nd episode was intense. Didn't care for the car chase CGI, but it was action packed.

Didn't care for the Chidori bipolar shit either.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-20-2018, 11:55 PM
Agreed. Horrible CGI.

And with Chidori, you'd really think she'd know by now what kind of situations she's been involved in. But maybe it doesn't fully hit home until she sees bystander civilian casualties. Sousuke's always been used to this, but Chidori has really only seen military fighting military in isolated settings.

It does feel out of character that she's like, "should I shoot?" one second and then freaking out the next. Sousuke has all the right reasons for telling her not to (because she'd more likely just hit more bystanders than her target), but the park seemed to be a weird place to start freaking out. All of the people he was taking down were Amalgam.

Kraco
Sat, 04-21-2018, 07:33 AM
This shows pretty well how, between private, unofficial organisations, it's extremely hard for the good guys to match the bad guys' resources. I mean, how did Mithril get money in the first place? Amalgam could pull off any sort of criminal business ventures to get money, but Mithril would be limited to robbing the occasional criminals with anything worth robbing, and even so they would need to consider if the money actually belongs to some victim somewhere. So, they might have had some legit investments and benevolent backers, but if you consider building a big base, a submarine costing billions, lots of aircraft, and multiple state of the art mecha, no amount of money is enough. Not to mention Amalgam can keep things under wraps much easier by killing people. Mithril wouldn't want to do that.

I also agree Chidori's emotional trauma could have been handled a bit better. She has seen so much already she can't be depicted as a regular, peaceful citizen anymore.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 04-21-2018, 08:36 PM
But has she seen so much death before?

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-22-2018, 04:56 AM
I'm reasonably sure she's seen him rip another arm slave to shreds with the lambda driver at least three times. A person's been inside each time. There's also the numerous times she's seen him shooting/blowing people up during hostage scenarios.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 04-22-2018, 09:24 AM
Putting aside destroying mechs because you don't actually see the dead body (like how falling buildings kill thousands but doesn't cause as much mental trauma as seeing someone stabbed in front of you), I don't think the amount of killings before compare to this one. Even the director censored the heli gunning down the enemies to bits in front of Chidori, indicating how brutal a sight it was (and to save money). Additionally, their hope for rescue just blew up right before her tantrum.

Stress piles on, and then one eventually snaps. Just because she experienced a few skirmishes doesn't mean she's ready for war.

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-22-2018, 01:21 PM
There has been little to no relation to her so far however.

This time, she is the reason why this is happening.

Kraco
Sun, 04-22-2018, 03:17 PM
Isn't it deeper than just that? I'd say she's beginning to realise stuff like this can't go on and she should do something about it as a Whispered, not just remain a third party to be protected. And that something isn't what Mithril has been trying to do since she clearly hates Sousuke casually killing people. However, she wouldn't know what she could do, so she's both emotionally and intellectually locked down until she figures it out. She's rejecting reality and trying to come up with her own.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-02-2018, 01:52 AM
Episode 07

--------------------

Hmm, delicious ponytail redhead waki sideboob Nami ftw!

Too bad that for the sake of story telling Sagara had to unrealistically comment on her code being perfect, when Sagara shouldn't be able to code himself. It's something that he should only be able to comment on after testing the mech, not checking out code.

The mech battle was good to watch. It went unexpectedly as well. I totally thought Sagara would stand between himself and the viewing hotel to abuse the firelock.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 06-02-2018, 08:13 AM
Wouldn't Sousuke be a participant in code optimization for his own mechs in Mythril? In which case he would at least understand code, even if he can't write it. It's like how a gourmet comments how a dish is perfect despite being unable to cook it himself.

KrayZ33
Sat, 06-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Wouldn't Sousuke be a participant in code optimization for his own mechs in Mythril? In which case he would at least understand code, even if he can't write it. It's like how a gourmet comments how a dish is perfect despite being unable to cook it himself.

a gourmet would base his comment on a taste test (mech-testing).

looking at the code should be like looking at the meat from the outside for him. Looks crisp and has a nice sear - who knows whether it's still raw inside.

His first comment about the code when he was brawling in the arena was much more believable. Because back then you could argue that he was looking at obvious flaws and just skimming through it.

And now I'm hungry.

KrayZ33
Fri, 06-22-2018, 04:01 PM
This show has been somewhat of a let down all around but episode 8 took the cake.
The animation was horrible - the censorship too.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-23-2018, 02:33 PM
I didn't watch any FMP until late last year. After all the publicity I ended up setting too high an expectation.

This season being "serious" is quite enjoyable for me when I watch it in batches.

KrayZ33
Sun, 08-12-2018, 11:15 AM
hmmm.

this wasn't so good.
I don't know what I should think about them creating a mega-super-duper-awesome mech in a garage without any ressources whatsoever.

overall pretty meeeeeh

neflight86
Mon, 08-13-2018, 02:15 AM
I remember enjoying the previous seasons more, but I had fewer anime to compare them to back then, so I'll call this season a wash.