PDA

View Full Version : Hinamatsuri

Munsu
Sat, 04-07-2018, 07:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O4wEvtjPZo

A super-powered girl named Hina suddenly appears in Nitta's room, a young member of the yakuza. She threatens him with her extraordinary powers. However, they end up living together.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=20335

First episode of Hinamatsuri was a blast, can't wait for more.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 04-07-2018, 07:57 PM
Told ya so~

David75
Sun, 04-08-2018, 01:13 AM
Although there's lots of good things in that first ep, for some reason I'm not hyped yet.
Probably because Hina is so meh for the moment.
But I'm pretty sure I'll watch just for the gags surrounding Nitta being bullied :D

neflight86
Sun, 04-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Jolly good! I very much enjoyed this. You might draw parallels as a more entertaining version of Alice no Zokuro from a few seasons back. Keep the characters coming; this should be fun!

David75
Mon, 04-09-2018, 12:49 PM
Alice, the character, was more entertaining/genki than what we've seen from Hina so far. But I understand your point.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-20-2018, 11:56 PM
Episode 3

-----------

This episode really made me laugh. Wasn't as much of a fan of the Hina part because it was fairly predictable, but I laughed my ass off during the Hitomi part. All the Feels from the Anzu segment.

Munsu
Sat, 04-21-2018, 08:19 AM
What I want to see more is from the karate chick that was in the very first scene of the show.

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-12-2018, 02:32 PM
It saddens me that Anzu is not the main character - or at least not often enough

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-13-2018, 03:26 AM
It saddens me that Anzu is not the main character - or at least not often enough

Anzu and Himari <3

At first I thought Hina was the smarter one compared to Anzu when Hina started baiting Anzu with insults just to get food. As it turns out, Hina's by far the most clueless. Anzu's just innocent, and Himari's unfortunately kind.

Munsu
Sun, 05-13-2018, 01:24 PM
I like Anzu as well, just the same, I think the homeless story arc was running a bit too long. Also, I feel like the series could having these girls using their powers more often.

neflight86
Tue, 05-15-2018, 02:23 PM
Not many shows walk the tightrope of being genuinely funny to genuinely touching as well as Hinamatsuri has this episode. I'm so used to shows devaluing their own drama by forcing in levity that I waited for a punchline all during Anzu's half of the episode, and didn't miss it when we never got one.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 05-15-2018, 02:59 PM
Isn't Anzu's entire plight the ongoing punchline?

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-15-2018, 03:47 PM
No, it is a morality play. There's the validation that Nitta, friends, and family are scumbags (Nitta has a heart of gold though...) and Hina is a lazy scumbag and tend to suffer indignities for it, while Anzu is doing the best she can despite her suffering, and rightfully gets rewarded well for her efforts.

Hitomi is the permanent punchline.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-19-2018, 06:06 AM
Episode 07

---------------

HAHAHAHA that last scene. wtf.

I was actually expecting Nitta to ditch his date part-way through to spend time with Hina, which would have in turn impressed Utako.
Too bad his attachment actually backfired. I hope he still has a chance though. It'd be nice to see Nitta be in a close relationship with someone other than just Hina or his parental family.

It was a nice touch in the ED animation this week to see if anybody notices Utako missing behind the bar counter.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 07-13-2018, 10:18 PM
Watched all of this because I'd seen a couple funny scenes going around the internet.

Sadly, the scenes I saw going around were most of the funny scenes of the entire season. It wasn't nearly as funny as I was hoping.

Also, whoever made this has some kind of fetish for shocked tongue face.

KrayZ33
Sat, 07-14-2018, 02:46 AM
I lost interest in it midway.

Only watched it for the blonde and the school friend, this series' name giver was an annoying character imho.

neflight86
Mon, 07-16-2018, 02:58 AM
I liked this most when I stopped expecting comedy and geared up for a slice of life with a comedic tone. I had to vest in the characters and enjoy their stories individually to get my enjoyment.